AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1171 of 1177
Author
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 668
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:36:49 (permalink)
Leg Warmer
Also, Perisic goal was a blatant high foot / dangerous play. Anywhere outside either box and that would have been given. Funny old game.

Clutching at straws there.

It was a goal fair and square. Would have been a travesty if that was disallowed.
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 25124
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:44:13 (permalink)
Leg Warmer
Also, Perisic goal was a blatant high foot / dangerous play. Anywhere outside either box and that would have been given. Funny old game.

Same ref sent Nani off a few years ago for this: https://youtu.be/i1FFKWNuay8

Appreciate they are very different incidents but my united supporting father in law was spitting feathers at the Perisic goal.

As you say, it's a funny old game
post edited by frizzyd - 2018/07/12 06:46:53
S8
  • Total Posts : 19463
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:57:56 (permalink)
They outplayed ourselves in all honesty and I am blown away that they made it to the Semi's, they looked very much like the England of old at points ,like the 93rd minute equaliser from Colombia, and probably should have knocked out earlier because of it. Sweden was our most convincing match out of all the games tbh.

If the team is to step it up in future tournaments, it needs to move away from relying on set pieces and start developing more open play tactics.

Fuck it though, we made the top four in a World Cup 

Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:59:27 (permalink)
frizzyd
Leg Warmer

Same ref sent Nani off a few years ago for this: https://youtu.be/i1FFKWNuay8

Appreciate they are very different incidents but my united supporting father in law was spitting feathers at the Perisic goal.

As you say, it's a funny old game

Totally different.

Nani kicked the guy in the guts

Perisic stretched out his leg to get in front of the defender to get a shot on goal
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19410
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 07:01:28 (permalink)
wiseacre
Homnom
Razor
wasn't that miles offside tho?

He was on

Linesman flagged him off though. Maybe it would've gone to var.

On the commentary they said the flag was for the ball going out of play. Even the follow-up that hit the post would’ve been ruled a goal.

It’s all ifs and buts but 2-0 at that point they’d have to start bombing on and would’ve got picked off on the counter. Painful.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7214
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 07:21:34 (permalink)
England "need a Modric" in order to compete apparently. Oh well that's simple then. All that's required is one of the best creative midfielders in a generation.
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 25124
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 07:30:51 (permalink)
Cybotron
frizzyd
Appreciate they are very different incidents

Totally different.

Nani kicked the guy in the guts

Perisic stretched out his leg to get in front of the defender to get a shot on goal

Try reading posts properly....
Noc
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 07:31:24 (permalink)
LHC
England "need a Modric" in order to compete apparently. Oh well that's simple then. All that's required is one of the best creative midfielders in a generation.

Nobody said it was “simple”. But if we can’t produce a central midfielder who can supply our world class striker with a couple of scoring opportunities per game we don’t have any business being in World Cup semi finals.

Alli could/should be that player really considering how well they link up in the league. Can’t help wondering what a fit Oxlade-Chamberlain might have done too.
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 07:35:30 (permalink)
The problem is you can't just turnaround a player with those qualities in 2-4 years. If this England team needs a Modric, by the time we have a similar player, not many of the current team will still be around.

Alli is good in the final third but he can't control an entire pitch/match. Oxlade-Chamberlain is maybe a better shout but I doubt you will ever be able to remove the countless failed Hollywood passes which just give the ball back to the opposition.
post edited by LHC - 2018/07/12 07:40:16
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14638
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:00:51 (permalink)
Cybotron
Leg Warmer

Clutching at straws there.

It was a goal fair and square. Would have been a travesty if that was disallowed.

Well no, it wouldn't have been a travesty because it's breaking the laws of the game. You aren't allowed to put your feet at head height.
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:06:46 (permalink)
Do you think Ronaldo and Bale's overhead kicks in the Champions League should have been disallowed? Or every overhead kick ever, for that matter...?
Leg Warmer
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:08:41 (permalink)
From the FA laws of the game:

PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2869
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:12:40 (permalink)
So come on then...now the tournament is effectively over - player ratings for WC 2018.

Pickford - 9: Far better than I expected him to be. Excellent, eye-catching saves, very little he could do about any of the goals. Surprise of the tournament

Trippier - 8: Most creative player in the team with his passing and crossing. Excellent free-kick vs. Croatia, barely put a foot wrong apart from occasionally being out of position defensively

Walker - 7: Did fine in unfamiliar position. Pace was a key asset at times.

Stones - 7: Was expecting some calamitous defending but he was actually reasonably solid. 2 decent goals, but sleeping when we needed him in the semi

Maguire - 8: Defensively solid, huge head, the odd Beckenbauer moment striding forward with the ball.

Young - 6: Did ok defensively but caught high several times. Set piece delivery was good. Didn't add any danger really from open play

Henderson - 7: Looked great against shit teams. Showed up as massively limited and panicky vs. Croatia's class in midfield

Lingard - 6: Great goal against Panama...Panama. Squandered good chances in other matches. Generally ok, but not the world beater he has been made out to be

Alli - 6: Important goal vs. Sweden. Clearly not fit. Tried hard but didn't produce what he does for Spurs. Super calm on the ball though, unlike...

Sterling - 5: Still only 2 goals in approaching 50 caps. Runs fast, gets in good positions, panics, loses possession each and every time. One assist for Lingard vs. Panama is a shocking return. Claims he caused panic in opposing defences are true, but they led to absolutely nothing

Kane - 7: For his all round play actually a 6, but his foul-drawing was crucial at times and you can't ignore 6 goals. Starved of service

TL:DR
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:13:51 (permalink)
Leg Warmer

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that it is not dangerous to an opponent.

Ok well Perisic didn't threaten injury to anyone. He correctly calculated that Walker wasn't going to make it. The only reason he got even remotely close was because he dived forward (as a result of being slow to react/out of position) and his head was low.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:18:12 (permalink)
Leg Warmer

We were shit. 

Get over it m8
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23464
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:18:32 (permalink)
Razor
people who jump on the football bandwagon for a week or 4 can fuck off. i couldn't give a single fuck if England are in the Rugby world cup final or whatever. 

Hi mate, don't worry I'm fucking off already.  Back to rugby for me.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:22:37 (permalink)
LHC
Leg Warmer

Ok well Perisic didn't threaten injury to anyone. He correctly calculated that Walker wasn't going to make it. The only reason he got even remotely close was because he dived forward (as a result of being slow to react/out of position) and his head was low.

This ^^
Homnom
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:24:03 (permalink)
soulfocus

Homnom
Ref and linesman missed/ignored a few things

did you enjoy your first match?

Yh m8 it waz sik
post edited by Homnom - 2018/07/12 08:27:14
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5450
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:30:13 (permalink)
LMAO at all these would've should'ves could'ves

WE WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  We had them on the ropes in the first half but we didnt't have the firepower to bury them.  After that the game was theirs.  They were the better team.   That said, I think France are going to murder them.
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6028
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:43:05 (permalink)
LHC

Time for Will Hughes to step up and become the world class player he has the potential to be.
Leg Warmer
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:49:07 (permalink)
LHC
Leg Warmer

It's a fine line, like I said it would most likely have been given outside of either box. You're right that Walker was poorly positioned and switched off though.
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15933
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:50:22 (permalink)
Grade
Razor
people who jump on the football bandwagon for a week or 4 can fuck off. i couldn't give a single fuck if England are in the Rugby world cup final or whatever. 

Hi m8! 👋

I'm on the bandwagon for another week then it's sayonara from me

Me too.

Love the World Cup, no interest in the Premier League.
Leg Warmer
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:50:24 (permalink)
Cybotron
We were shit. 

Get over it m8

I am fully over it thanks.

You're still a massive cunt though.
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:52:33 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
LHC

Time for Will Hughes to step up and become the world class player he has the potential to be.

I'm only 31.

THERE'S STILL TIME, DAMN IT
Noc
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:56:44 (permalink)

How come no TV stations or media mentioned this bullshit move?
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41607
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:57:25 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
LHC

He’s a world class albino and that’s about it

¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5450
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 08:59:59 (permalink)
Noc

How come no TV stations or media mentioned this bullshit move?

It's called passion you nonce.  They was desperate for a goal to keep them in the tournament.  Compare that to mandzukic rolling around like a little cunt for 5 minutes on the pitch
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:04:49 (permalink)
Leg Warmer
Cybotron
We were shit. 

Get over it m8

I am fully over it thanks.

You're still a massive cunt though.

Ooh.... somebody's tired 

Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15126
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:04:55 (permalink)
Subsurface
Grade
Razor

Hi m8! 👋

I'm on the bandwagon for another week then it's sayonara from me

Me too.

Love the World Cup, no interest in the Premier League.

Likewise. Watch a handful of club games all year, have watched at least 30 games in the past 3 weeks. Love it.
Leg Warmer
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:04:58 (permalink)
LHC

There's got to be some quality coming through the younger ranks, we're world champions at u20 and u17. Phil Foden from city looks like he's got huge ability.
Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1171 of 1177
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0