AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..11661167116811691170.. > >> Showing page 1170 of 1244
Author
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33668
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:00:07 (permalink)
Homnom
Leg Warmer
Also, Perisic goal was a blatant high foot / dangerous play. Anywhere outside either box and that would have been given. Funny old game.

Ref and linesman missed/ignored a few things

Fucking right. There was a blatant corner everyone seemed to have missed. Croatia fucked about in the last 10 minutes and the time added on didn't reflect that. 

Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 16074
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:04:28 (permalink)
Pickford has been absolutely awesome. A solid keeper is what we've needed for so long.

Kane seemed almost hungover tonight. Can't believe he delivered such a feeble shot in the box early on. We should have been 3 up by half time.

Anyway, we should be proud of the result. Fucking semi finals in the world cup. And the fact that we had a good chance to win the thing is unbelievable.
Homnom
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:05:14 (permalink)
OEM
Homnom
Leg Warmer
Also, Perisic goal was a blatant high foot / dangerous play. Anywhere outside either box and that would have been given. Funny old game.

Fucking right. There was a blatant corner everyone seemed to have missed. Croatia fucked about in the last 10 minutes and the time added on didn't reflect that. 

We can't cry about it now just gonna finish my ticket and get ready for another season with West Ham 😣
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7665
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:06:06 (permalink)
im just chuffed we had so many wins and had so much to be pleased about in a major tournament. Weve been so so awful for a long time, this team has been a breath of fresh air for once and i enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Lets be fair, France would have dicked us badly anyway.

And for the record, Pickford is fucking outrageously good.
post edited by DJaySwitch - 2018/07/11 23:07:15

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
Homnom
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:11:30 (permalink)
DJaySwitch
im just chuffed we had so many wins and had so much to be pleased about in a major tournament. Weve been so so awful for a long time, this team has been a breath of fresh air for once and i enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Lets be fair, France would have dicked us badly anyway.

And for the record, Pickford is fucking outrageously good.

He was shocking against us towards the end of season, dropped a couple of proper shiters! Was surprised when he got the nod but proved he was worth it!
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6383
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:12:45 (permalink)
I used to think it was coming home, then they changed where home is! Now I don't know where home is anymore
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7665
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:15:34 (permalink)
Fingerprints

The look on Keane's face 😂

Compared to previous WC squads this was the worse by some distance so to get to the semi final stage was a considerable achievement.  The fact is this Croatia team have players dotted around Europe's finest teams; Perisic Inter, Rakatic Barca, Modric Real, Mandzukic Juve, Brozovic Inter etc so its no surprise that in a close game their experience was ultimately the deciding factor.  We can hold our heads up high looking back and coming out as the third place team would definitely be a step in the right direction.

This is the perfect summary. Well done England, roll on the euros!

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96966
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:34:35 (permalink)
MF182
Should breaze this game. No worries

RAYZA
Re: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:42:51 (permalink)
Kane has to be the worst top scorer of all time. Did he have one good game?
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18541
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 23:45:29 (permalink)
Commiserations lads. Looked like an exciting game although glad I didn't set my alarm for it in the end.

To get to a WC semi final and be in a position to win, and then lose, will harden these players mentally if they're going to be the core group moving forwards. You can't get that experience anywhere else in internationals and they should use it as a platform to learn and improve from. Lots to be positive about, even if some tactical/personnel flaws have been exposed.

Noc
  • Total Posts : 19720
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 00:18:08 (permalink)
Gutted. Perfect start, should have gone 2-0 up but fell to pieces under pressure. Croatia bossed the second half and fully deserved the win. 

England massively overachieved by getting to the semis but I can't help thinking that having (arguably) the best striker in the world and not finding a way to get the ball to him was a huge tactical fuck up. He'll win the golden boot on penalties but how many open play scoring chances did Kane have in the entire tournament? 

Lots of talk about building for the future and this being the start of something but England's midfield is a joke. We need an English Modric.
post edited by Noc - 2018/07/12 00:19:21
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 00:28:21 (permalink)
willfunk
Cybotron
No sorry but fuck Southgate. 

Fuck his obsession with Sterling who didn't have any end product the whole tournament.

You are fast becoming the forums top mong. Congratulations.

Been a low key dribbler since day
Noc
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 00:55:55 (permalink)

Painful image. A: You'd put your mortgage on Kane putting that one away 9 times out 10. B: Square it to Sterling from there and it's a tap in.
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 01:42:11 (permalink)
wasn't that miles offside tho?
Homnom
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 01:44:46 (permalink)
Noc

Painful image. A: You'd put your mortgage on Kane putting that one away 9 times out 10. B: Square it to Sterling from there and it's a tap in.

Square it and it would of gone over/wide

Poor from Kane tho one of the easier chances for him
Homnom
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 01:45:48 (permalink)
Razor

He was on
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 01:58:42 (permalink)
Really? That's shocking then. Best striker in the world my arse.
Homnom
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:03:04 (permalink)
Razor
Really? That's shocking then. Best striker in the world my arse.

Only them north London lot claim that!
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:11:14 (permalink)
He's very good and one of the best in the league but i think this game was a good example of him being far away from the greatest in the world, just typical England to over hype someone after a couple of good seasons with no trophies, there was a Spurs fan on Talksport saying he's worth 300 mil AND Bale.

tho
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/07/12 02:12:44
Homnom
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:17:53 (permalink)
Will.i.am make sure you chew hard and fast, awful cunt
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:24:22 (permalink)
people who jump on the football bandwagon for a week or 4 can fuck off. i couldn't give a single fuck if England are in the Rugby world cup final or whatever. 
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:30:56 (permalink)
Modric told ITV: "We proved everything differently that people were talking. Especially English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake.

"All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'OK, today we will see who will be tired.' As I said, they should be more humble, and respect opponents more. That's it."

Defender Sime Vrsaljko also had his say on England, saying the perception that Southgate's side had changed their style was incorrect.

"The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't," Vrsaljko said.

basically Rio Ferdinand helped to motivate them, the twat
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18541
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:31:07 (permalink)
Razor
people who jump on the football bandwagon for a week or 4 can fuck off. i couldn't give a single fuck if England are in the Rugby world cup final or whatever. 

Hi m8! 👋

I'm on the bandwagon for another week then it's sayonara from me
post edited by Grade - 2018/07/12 02:33:40

¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5580
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 02:39:28 (permalink)
I was really numb to it at the time but im hurting now. Seems like a seriously missed opportunity. The Brazil's, Argentina's, Germany's etc will inevitably get their shit together and unless this squad improves exponentially we won't be able to compete with them. We won't get a route, a chance like this again in our lifetimes. We fucking blew it.
Noc
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 03:22:11 (permalink)
Razor
He's very good and one of the best in the league but i think this game was a good example of him being far away from the greatest in the world,

I couldn’t be more biased against him and I still rate him as the best all round striker in modern football. Not the quickest or most skilful but certainly the most clinical.

England are clearly not set up to get the best out of him but his club numbers speak for themselves. I doubt many Spurs fans would swap him for Neymar et al.
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 03:26:58 (permalink)
Cavani, Suarez, Ronaldo, Mbappe are all a level above

It feels like the wrong time to criticise him, but he was very poor and I keep hearing he's the best in the world so I can't help it. Until he helps his club or country win a major trophy you just can't compare to those players I mentioned, and there's others who are more proven as well.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/07/12 03:28:40
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2959
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 05:55:53 (permalink)
Despite scoring 6 goals Kane has actually had a poor tournament in general. Aside from this six the number of chances he has had is so low. Can’t really blame him though, more the service to him. The amount of times for spurs you see him pop up around the edge of the box, shift it and shoot vs the number of times he was given the ball in that position for England is crazy.

The team isn’t actually set up to play to his strengths so he has just had to rely on tap ins from loose balls and penalties.

Still, should’ve buried that one last night.
soulfocus
  • Total Posts : 2902
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 05:59:06 (permalink)

Homnom

did you enjoy your first match?
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20808
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:11:10 (permalink)
Homnom
Razor

He was on

Linesman flagged him off though. Maybe it would've gone to var.

no
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 06:24:09 (permalink)
Razor
willfunk
Cybotron
No sorry but fuck Southgate. 

Fuck his obsession with Sterling who didn't have any end product the whole tournament.

You are fast becoming the forums top mong. Congratulations.

Been a low key dribbler since day

Whoa.

That's rich coming from the unemployed matey who spends his life on dnba b2b playing computer games
Page: << < ..11661167116811691170.. > >> Showing page 1170 of 1244
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0