AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..11661167116811691170.. > >> Showing page 1168 of 1179
Author
WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 4965
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:14:25 (permalink)
Maybe we should give some squad players a run out for the Belgium game.
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 25151
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:15:23 (permalink)
Law
frizzyd
The spuriest England team ever bottles it at the pivotal moment- who would have thought it!!

Absolutely gutted

I say this with respect but this is a cunt thing to say friz. Where would this England be without Kane, Trippier and at a stretch Alli in this tournament?

Spurs players have contributed more than any other team to our best finish in 28 years and you talk bollocks like that. Jest or not.

The word "bottle" has lost all fucking meaning in football. This England team had loads of it, it's technical ability they're lacking.

Great effort looking back but this was there for the taking. Such fine margins but we lost our way in the second half and couldn't get it back. I don't even feel disappointed really, just rueful today what could have been.

You missed out Dier and Rose who played pretty well when they came on today, it was in jest, I appreciate it was a bit cunty, apologies!

Great effort by the whole team over the competition, tonight I think Southgates tactics were poor in the 2nd half but I feel strangely positive (probably misguided) about England's future, hopefully an obvious midfield playmaker will appear in the next 2-4 years and then we could seriously compete in these competitions
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 697
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:17:16 (permalink)
Majik
Lrrr
Majik
Fuck wanting France to win the final

Kante. Greizman. Mbappe. All likeable players.

Will be fully rooting for them.

It’s France tho lol

What's your beef with France bru?  

It's 2018 not 1815 
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30888
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:18:50 (permalink)
Majik
Lrrr
Majik

It’s France tho lol

Tbf I don’t really about history and that shit there, Mbappe is an absolute don and would love
To see him smash a WC final.

Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:19:26 (permalink)
Roy Keane tells it as it is

No ramping
Law
  • Total Posts : 64245
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:20:53 (permalink)
+1 about Southgates tactics in second half. It feels very harsh to criticise him but looking at this game in isolation, he got it wrong. He didn't react fast enough when we we're getting murdered down our left, and made the change at full time.

Our centre mid options are simply too shit to do any better than this. I thought Henderson really did well against Sweden but against far better opposite numbers he was badly exposed today. Too many players didn't really turn up. Kane was so quiet and i don't believe he's just gone to shit. In the prem he shoots more than any other player in the league regardless of goals, so you have to look at the way we play because he isn't even getting in any positions to shoot in open play, let alone getting clear opportunites.

Great improvements overall and they've exceeded expectations, but lots more work to do.
post edited by Law - 2018/07/11 21:22:16
frizzyd
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:21:27 (permalink)
Cybotron
Majik
Lrrr
Majik

It’s France tho lol

It's 2018 not 1815 

Mbappe is a European Neymar, he's a cunt as is Pogba - I'm fully team Croatia on Sunday, fuck those cheese eating surender monkeys
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:24:10 (permalink)
frizzyd
Cybotron
Majik
Lrrr
Majik

It’s France tho lol

It's 2018 not 1815 

Mbappe is a European Neymar, he's a cunt as is Pogba - I'm fully team Croatia on Sunday, fuck those cheese eating surender monkeys

So how about you? Are you not a cunt ?
Lrrr
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:25:05 (permalink)
Law
+1 about Southgates tactics in second half. It feels very harsh to criticise him but looking at this game in isolation, he got it wrong. He didn't react fast enough when we we're getting murdered down our left, and made the change at full time.

Our centre mid options are simply too shit to do any better than this. I thought Henderson really did well against Sweden but against far better opposite numbers he was badly exposed today. Too many players didn't really turn up. Kane was so quiet and i don't believe he's just gone to shit. In the prem he shoots more than any other player in the league regardless of goals, so you have to look at the way we play because he isn't even getting in any positions to shoot in open play, let alone getting clear opportunites.

Great improvements overall and they've exceeded expectations, but lots more work to do.

My nig. Agreed

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41614
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:25:34 (permalink)
Mbappe is far from a European Neymar ffs.

I don’t mind the French, but definitely want Croatia to win, don’t think they will though.

Rein9T2
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:26:35 (permalink)
It's been strange tournament with all the extra time in most games, a lot of set piece goals.
no Holland or Italy qualifying, Brazil being very average, Argentina with a rubbish manager struggling every game. Germany having some trouble in the camp apparently. The Spain manager getting the sack because he was named as the new Real Madrid appointment.
M.F.
  • Total Posts : 6305
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:27:04 (permalink)
3rd place ?

C’mon lads!

Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:29:16 (permalink)
No sorry but fuck Southgate. 

Fuck his obsession with Sterling who didn't have any end product the whole tournament.

Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:30:27 (permalink)
Sterling played 7/10 again but his lack of end product is so fucking frustrating. He could be so much more.
frizzyd
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:32:18 (permalink)
Cybotron
frizzyd
Cybotron
Majik
Lrrr
Majik

It’s France tho lol

It's 2018 not 1815 

So how about you? Are you not a cunt ?

I'm a massive cunt, what's your point?

@Maj- I'm sorry but Neymars rubbed off on Mbappe at PSG, did you miss his various cunt moves in last nights game? He's definitely developing strong cunt tendencies
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:36:10 (permalink)
Law
Sterling played 7/10 again but his lack of end product is so fucking frustrating. He could be so much more.

7/10 on what planet ?

7/10 surely would mean that he did something of note.  He looks nippy and has good ball skills but he doesn't have any killer instinct.  He did sweet fuck all the whole tournament.

The geezer gets a 4/10 - maybe a 5 tops
post edited by Cybotron - 2018/07/11 21:37:11
Lrrr
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:38:06 (permalink)
Pains me but agree with Cybermenace.

Sterling didn’t produce.

frizzyd
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:41:16 (permalink)
Cybotron
Law

7/10 on what planet ?

7/10 surely would mean that he did something of note.  He looks nippy and has good ball skills but he doesn't have any killer instinct.  He did sweet fuck all the whole tournament.

The geezer gets a 4/10 - maybe a 5 tops

Whilst he's been disappointing this competition, no killer instinct, seriously? Scored over 20 goals last season, he just suits a slightly deeper/wider role
post edited by frizzyd - 2018/07/11 21:42:31
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8526
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:41:25 (permalink)
Sterling was tearing Vida apart in first half. OK his non-finishing for England is irritating but its crazy talk to say he was 4/10 for todays game or was not effective for England this tournament. 

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41614
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:43:01 (permalink)
Yeah his runs in behind the defence were causing havoc, Lingaard should have buried the chance his presence created in the first half.

Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15149
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:44:36 (permalink)
Rashford was no more effective than Sterling.

In fact maybe less so.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:44:53 (permalink)
Guys, I called it 2:1 to Croatia before the match so don't try test my superior knowledge
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:46:37 (permalink)
7/10 is generous tbf. But we created more when sterling is on the pitch.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:47:33 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Rashford was no more effective than Sterling.

In fact maybe less so.

Of course he was not going to be effective.

Mbappe has Pogba and Kante to roll the ball into his stride. 

Rashford had Henderson and Dier.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8526
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:48:43 (permalink)
Rashford i can't remember doing anything of real note in games he came on for England this tournament. Apart from missing a sitter against Belgium. 
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:49:01 (permalink)
Law
7/10 is generous tbf. But we created more when sterling is on the pitch.

But what did Sterling create ? 
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7228
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:53:00 (permalink)
Law

Southgate has done a great job in getting the team playing but I haven't seen much in any game (during or before the WC) to suggest he's a particularly good tactician. Top bloke though and someone you actually like to see succeed.
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14638
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 21:57:00 (permalink)
Massively proud of this squad, none of us expected them to get this far. Feels like we lacked that bit of quality where Lingard and Sterling were, they still did ok but its those positions where we needed world class players. They both had chances in every game to put it to bed and just didn't have the quality needed.

Disappointed with John Stones for the winner, seemed to switch off and expect Pickford to come and collect the ball, that's what separates winners from losers at this level. He exceeded my expectations to make it this far without fucking up though.

I want Southgate to stay England manager for a long time, finally we have an English manager of the national team who isn't afraid to do it his own way and actually has relevant experience. Yes we seemed to go flat for periods tonight but the man has been nothing but classy all the way through this tournament.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 22:02:28 (permalink)
Leg Warmer
 Feels like we lacked that bit of quality where Lingard and Sterling were, they still did ok 

Sterling did not do ok, he was piss poor ffs.  Not one goal or assist the whole tournament

Do we really have to applaud mediocrity and refrain from telling it as it is 
post edited by Cybotron - 2018/07/11 22:04:16
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14638
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/11 22:04:38 (permalink)
LHC
Southgate has done a great job in getting the team playing but I haven't seen much in any game (during or before the WC) to suggest he's a particularly good tactician. Top bloke though and someone you actually like to see succeed.

Agree with this. He seemed to have his first XI and his style of play but nothing much beyond that. Dele Alli shouldn't have walked back into the team after his performances (RLC did more than enough to dislodge him) and probably Sterling should have been benched, although despite his obvious lack of finishing and decision making he is a massive pain in the arse for defenders so I can see why he stayed in the team.
Page: << < ..11661167116811691170.. > >> Showing page 1168 of 1179
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0