AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1072 of 1220
Author
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7523
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 09:42:12 (permalink)
Law

I never thought i'd ever see an England team with no genuine quality in midfield. We always had at least a couple of world class midfielders at club level. It's quite depressing thinking about the quality we had in the 90s and early 2000s throughout the spine of the team. We often had flaky fullbacks and wingers. But England always had top quality centre-backs, centre-mids and and strikers.

Emile Heskey on the left wing 

Tbf I remember Carragher playing as a defensive midfielder. I think Beckham played that role as well.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2280
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 09:55:05 (permalink)
LHC

Emile Heskey on the left wing 

Tbf I remember Carragher playing as a defensive midfielder. I think Beckham played that role as well.

And Ledley that one time when he wasn't fucked.

At least the team can go with very little expectation. Apart from the usual "Ten German Bomber" numpties, no one thinks we have any chance.

He could do worse by just telling them to go out and score goals and at least the games will be exciting to watch. Instead we will probably have to watch Dier and Henderson passing it sideways for half an hour until Kane drops back to the halfway line to pick the ball up. 

Carrying on from where Spurs left off at the end of this season tbh. 
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15199
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:01:54 (permalink)
My World Cup year unjustified optimism is kicking in, reckon we’re gonna win our group.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7885
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:05:55 (permalink)
i really couldn't care less. the sooner england are knocked out the better... then i can just relax and enjoy the rest of the tournament

france to win it imo
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20577
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:08:56 (permalink)
As ever Belgium look shit hot on paper but will probably only get to the quarters max.

no
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41749
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:13:43 (permalink)
Scenes when every other team contracts polonium poisoning and Putin lifts the cup

Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2717
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:20:01 (permalink)
Law
I'm enjoy the fury and disbelief from gooners that Wilshere isn't in the squad. Tbf he probably should be in the squad, purely based on how shit everyone else is. But let's be real, he's still massively overrated. He's a trier in a team of pussies so that's why he's loved at Arsenal. He's not actually improved since he was 18.

Wilshere pulled out of the friendlies with Netherlands/Italy in late March through "injury".
But then, after a miraculous recovery, started for Arsenal against Stoke on April 1st.

Can't imagine Southgate was too happy about that, I think we've probably seen the last of Wilshere in an England shirt.

Bit of a shame really, he was absolutely superb for England a couple of years ago, absolutely bossed it with those 2 goals against Slovenia, but I don't think he's anywhere near that level anymore, plus he's a bit of a div, so can't say that I'm that bothered he didn't make the cut for the world cup.

_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5251
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:21:23 (permalink)
gavinx
i really couldn't care less. the sooner england are knocked out the better... then i can just relax and enjoy the rest of the tournament

france to win it imo

France to choke horrendously in the semi-final or final is my prediction. I do love their squad though. such a ridiculous amount of talent. 
Law
  • Total Posts : 64360
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:22:42 (permalink)
mouse

Against France? He absolutely bossed it that game. What a fucking player he could have been.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2280
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:45:01 (permalink)
Law
mouse

Against France? He absolutely bossed it that game. What a fucking player he could have been.

I would choose that tackle on Robben as the last thing i see before i die. 
Law
  • Total Posts : 64360
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 10:54:50 (permalink)
Greatest tackle in Prem history. #NoBias

That France game was one of the most devastating football results I've ever experienced. A goal up, missed penalty from Beckham to go 2 up. Then Zidane bangs in a sick freekick in injury time to level, before James bringing down Henry for a penalty before the whistle is blown.

I suppose not as bad as going out in a knock out game on pens, but the manner of that defeat was utterly crushing. I remember people smashing up the pub immediately after it ended, and being turfed out onto the street and putting in shop windows b2b fighting each other. 
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8788
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 11:15:21 (permalink)
Pretty sad that Euro 2004 turned out to be the only good international tournament Rooney had. 
_Modus_
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 14:10:35 (permalink)
Postman Pat
My World Cup year unjustified optimism is kicking in, reckon we’re gonna win our group.

Same here. All these fantasies of Southgate lifting the cup and the stories of redemption from Euro '96. 
_Modus_
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 14:13:46 (permalink)
Law
Greatest tackle in Prem history. #NoBias

That France game was one of the most devastating football results I've ever experienced. A goal up, missed penalty from Beckham to go 2 up. Then Zidane bangs in a sick freekick in injury time to level, before James bringing down Henry for a penalty before the whistle is blown.

I suppose not as bad as going out in a knock out game on pens, but the manner of that defeat was utterly crushing. I remember people smashing up the pub immediately after it ended, and being turfed out onto the street and putting in shop windows b2b fighting each other. 

Yeah, I remember this being totally and utterly devastating. It tested my love of Zidane to the limits. Then when I found out he'd puked from adrenaline before banging that penalty in it restored all adoration to the maximum. 

I also got a bit of solace from this experience by thinking how much worse it must've been for Bayern Munich fans when United did the same injury time two-goal swing, but in a fucking CL final. 
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7523
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 14:21:19 (permalink)
DJModus
Postman Pat

Same here. All these fantasies of Southgate lifting the cup and the stories of redemption from Euro '96. 

Sounds like a shit yank feelgood movie. Crushing defeat is what we need.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 14:43:13 (permalink)
It's easily worse England squad in my lifetime. By a good distance. 
Do well to get out the group stage. 

_Modus_
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 14:45:21 (permalink)
LHC
DJModus
Postman Pat

I think I've had my fill of crushing England defeat tbh. 

Let me dream.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2933
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 15:10:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Will Mac 2018/05/18 18:09:38
Lol at Wenger today coming out with how he could’ve signed Ronaldo and Messi...get over it. You signed Franny Jeffers.
Buck Fuddy
  • Total Posts : 22351
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 15:52:20 (permalink)
DJModus
LHC
DJModus
Postman Pat

I think I've had my fill of crushing England defeat tbh. 

Let me dream.

My dream is that we win the world cup after scoring a penalty in the last minute of the final that Dele Alli dives to win 
gentle kenneth
  • Total Posts : 1855
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 16:21:33 (permalink)
Rudeboysy
Lol at Wenger today coming out with how he could’ve signed Ronaldo and Messi...get over it. You signed Franny Jeffers.

wasnt shy of showing him off either

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96154
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/17 17:14:53 (permalink)
THE FOX IN THE BOX
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 25232
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 12:55:41 (permalink)
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palaces-roy-hodgson-to-be-awarded-freedom-of-croydon-a3841011.html

FFS Freedom of Croydon, who would want it

Watch him leave Palace in the summer now...
M.F.
  • Total Posts : 6382
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 14:29:14 (permalink)
That’s relegtion nailed on for Palace next season. Lol

gavinx
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 15:12:48 (permalink)
interesting read on anxiety in football https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/18/bojan-krkic-interview-anxiety-attacks-football

good on Bojan for speaking up
Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3484
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 16:03:12 (permalink)
Rudeboysy

It reeks of Jim Bowen: "Here's wut you coulda wun..."

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1640
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 17:12:43 (permalink)
mouse
Law
mouse

I would choose that tackle on Robben as the last thing i see before i die. 

We then conceded from the corner #Spursy
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 17:32:17 (permalink)
Paul Lambert sacked. 
Shocker.

gavinx
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 18:48:49 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
Paul Lambert sacked. 
Shocker.

Yeah, but... Watch us send for that pint of wine prick or the adorable one now
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5539
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 18:52:26 (permalink)
gavinx
Stoopid_Fux
Paul Lambert sacked. 
Shocker.

Yeah, but... Watch us send for that pint of wine prick or the adorable one now

Either one is a huge improvement on Lambert.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41749
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/05/18 20:52:45 (permalink)
As if you’d turn down Allardyce lol

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1072 of 1220
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0