Helpful ReplyHot!London tattoo guys

Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 11 of 15
Author
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6726
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 10:48:48 (permalink)
cool mate, love the colours! i really like that style of dragon a lot

how long did it take?
EmmDotDizzle
  • Total Posts : 2444
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 10:59:37 (permalink)
Cheers mate was fucking painful.

Think it was around 4 hours. 

Was strange getting tattooed with loads of people keep coming over.

Didn't really get to look around the actual convention that much but seemed pretty cool and would go back next year.
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31748
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 11:03:13 (permalink)
I got tattooed there a few years ago - not the comfiest sitting on those crappy chairs for hours on end. Pretty cool seeing the like of Jeff Gogue, Jess Yen, Carlos Torres working.

Less cool feeling like dying by the end of the session but that's pretty standard. I was on my ones - think it would be a good laugh with a few people to get on teh beers with.
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 13:07:34 (permalink)
i was gonna say, must be really weird being out in public with loads of goons just coming over and rubber-necking! especially for 4 hours! fuck that

just out of interest because mine are both just black ink... how much will colour like that yellow, blue and purple flatten when it heals? or will it still stay that bright?

i definitely want to check out the convention next year
Daniel Snakeman
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 13:16:30 (permalink)
they definitely mellow but mine is still bright enough at 2 or 3 years old.

bright enough for people to go "oh wow" when they ask to see it and i pull my sleeve up anyway.

only thing i know about colour really is that red can be a fucker to heal. bits of mine took ages and scabbed quite deeply needing a bit of a touch up.

gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/09/26 14:25:46 (permalink)
cool, good to know. tbh because i have slightly dark skin i probably wouldn't consider much colour, but i had thought a darkish red might look quite cool as an accent colour on the next piece i get
Daniel Snakeman
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/10/31 07:57:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AlanaSwang 2017/02/02 16:37:52
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/10/31 14:46:05 (permalink)
sick. love it mate. thanks for sharing. 

keen to get something booked up for early next year. got a few ideas that i think i'm going to take to https://www.instagram.com/oddhouse 
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/11/14 10:07:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AlanaSwang 2017/02/02 16:38:01
got a groupon for this guy if anyone's interested?

some really nice watercolour stuff http://www.santocuervotattoo.com/gallery 
badder2
  • Total Posts : 1767
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2016/11/14 10:56:01 (permalink)
gavinx
sick. love it mate. thanks for sharing. 

keen to get something booked up for early next year. got a few ideas that i think i'm going to take to https://www.instagram.com/oddhouse 

he is a g.
AlanaSwang
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/02 16:42:34 (permalink)
EmmDotDizzle
Cheers mate was fucking painful.

Think it was around 4 hours. 

Was strange getting tattooed with loads of people keep coming over.

Didn't really get to look around the actual convention that much but seemed pretty cool and would go back next year.

Ohhh...noooo. Now I'm scared...I planned to get a whole sleeve. It would take more then 4 hours I think..
 it looks good and really colorful but I don't want to hurt myself so bad...what do you think? what should i do?? maybe i can do it in two or three sessions..

P.S. thanks for sharing guys..helpful 
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/02 18:41:03 (permalink)
maybe try hurting yourself really badly first and see if you like it?
Daniel Snakeman
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/02 18:44:29 (permalink)
My half sleeve took 18 hours. If someonw tells you they can do a sleeve in 4 they are an idiot.
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4540
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/02 18:52:25 (permalink)
Snakey
My half sleeve took 18 hours. If someonw tells you they can do a sleeve in 4 they are an idiot.

Same. This.

Got 4 small tattoos booked in with Mr. Heggie in Brighton on 18th Feb. Can't wait.
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/02 22:03:56 (permalink)
What you getting daz?

I'm sorting something with Oddhouse for mid-march...hyped
dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 11:14:49 (permalink)
Went to Dead Slow in Brighton on Saturday (how fucking glorious was the weather!?) and finally got some time with Mr. Heggie. 

badder2
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:08:49 (permalink)
Liking the snoopy daz 
dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:32:19 (permalink)
Thanks mate! Just wanted to get some fun stuff done and Heggie was just right for that. Top bloke, will definitely head back for more in the future. 

I also got this parachuting sweary cat in memory of my best mate Nathan who passed away last year. He was a keen skydiver. Made a last minute decision to get it done on my ribs because I though Nath would have thought it was funny that I went through that pain for something like that. 

It fucking hurt - like white vision, focus on your breathing for 45 minutes kind of hurt. Worth it though. 

Also, sorry about the pants m8s.

Daniel Snakeman
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:37:46 (permalink)
I have heard ribs is absolutely disgusting.

Those aren't really my style but the Bojack looks nicely done.
badder2
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:50:02 (permalink)
I've got ribs done both sides and didn't find it that bad. Diazepam tends to make me forget the pain! 

Top of feet,shinbone, or kneecap is worst for me. Feet mostly because the swelling afterwards and generally being a cripple though. 

Im yet to get anything from dead slow but might check it out in the future. There are alot of good shops/artists down here now. 
dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:51:45 (permalink)
Snakey
I have heard ribs is absolutely disgusting.

Those aren't really my style but the Bojack looks nicely done.

Thanks man, not everyone's cup to tea I know! 

Yeah, ribs - ugh. Literally like having a hot scalpel dragged down your bones - it sucked pretty badly. 

Actually, the Bojack on my calf was worse than I expected as well. 

Still, I quite like the feeling of being tattooed in a weird way. 
Daniel Snakeman
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:58:10 (permalink)
The session i got the whole inside of my bicep blacked out was pretty bad. 4 hours of shading getting drilled in there, especially up around my armpit. Hated the artist quite a lot for a while after lol.
dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:58:14 (permalink)
badder2
Im yet to get anything from dead slow but might check it out in the future. There are alot of good shops/artists down here now. 

Dead Slow is a really nice studio. Everyone there is really friendly. Jack and Kirst who own it now (since they took it over from The Nine) are really chill and Heggie is great too. Always a pleasure to get tattooed there - they love it if you take cakes / doughnuts in for them as well. Highly recommend it if you like any of their work. I think I'll definitely get something done by Jack next. 

dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 12:59:40 (permalink)
Snakey
The session i got the whole inside of my bicep blacked out was pretty bad. 4 hours of shading getting drilled in there, especially up around my armpit. Hated the artist quite a lot for a while after lol.

Yeah the inside of the arm is quite painful - I find anywhere where the skin is a bit loose feels like the needle is 'pulling' up the skin. I like black work - would defo consider getting some black-out stuff done. 
dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 13:40:57 (permalink)

Also, not sure if I'm late to the party on this stuff, but fuck everything else for tattoo aftercare - this shit is unreal! Really, really nice to apply - just melts in your hand and goes on the tattoo nice and smooth without having to smush it about. It smells amazing and it's really soothing. Wouldn't ever use anything else now. 
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 13:41:51 (permalink)
nice work daz. they all look cool
getting something myself on my outside thigh at the end of march

re: inside of the arm. not too bad imo, but up around the armpit and then down around the elbow bone were just awful...

dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 13:51:04 (permalink)
Thanks Gav, appreciate it! 

What you getting done and where? 
gavinx
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 14:03:07 (permalink)
exact design still TBC, but it'll be some kind of surreal pirate ship...

it's with oddhouse (https://www.instagram.com/oddhouse/) up at parliament

dazdsb
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 14:22:23 (permalink)
Ah nice, man. I like the art style and it looks nice and clean. 

Look forward to seeing the design! 
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 26941
Re: RE: London tattoo guys 2017/02/20 14:41:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2017/02/20 14:46:30
dazdsb

Also, not sure if I'm late to the party on this stuff, but fuck everything else for tattoo aftercare - this shit is unreal! Really, really nice to apply - just melts in your hand and goes on the tattoo nice and smooth without having to smush it about. It smells amazing and it's really soothing. Wouldn't ever use anything else now. 

It is excellent. I used it for my Mrs back piece. So much better than sudo/e45 etc etc. Smells like holidays too.
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 11 of 15
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0