Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]The TV series thread

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 104
Author
Tommy the Coat
  • Total Posts : 3633
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 21:22:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Razor
Watched the first episode of The League whice was pretty funny despite not understanding any of the yank football talk.

Just finished season 5 last week. I was the same with the football crap but it is actually really funny in parts. I thought the humour would fade as the seasons went on but there is always a laugh out loud moment.

Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14394
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 21:50:43 (permalink)
Oh man, there's a proper "No fucking way!" moment in the first new episode of House of Cards. Great start to the series.
Tommy the Coat
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 22:04:43 (permalink)
Is it right that Tom Hardy is joining season 2 of peaky blinders? Haven't seen the first yet but I'm thinking things are about to get a whole lot better.

Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2552
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 22:44:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

Oh man, there's a proper "No fucking way!" moment in the first new episode of House of Cards. Great start to the series.

just watched it...

i was like [sm=jawdrop[1].gif]
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 1654
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/15 08:56:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Tommy the Coat

Watched the first episode of The League whice was pretty funny despite not understanding any of the yank football talk.

Just finished season 5 last week. I was the same with the football crap but it is actually really funny in parts. I thought the humour would fade as the seasons went on but there is always a laugh out loud moment.

I love that show, especially Dirty Randy and Raphy
Postman Pat
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/15 20:05:55 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Rudeboysy

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

just watched it...

i was like [sm=jawdrop[1].gif]

Do you think that that thing wot happened has had a negative effect on the series as a whole? Avoiding spoilers as best I can lol

After 5 episodes I'm worried that maybe it has. Hopefully by the time I get to the end things will improve, but can't help but feel like they've spunked their load faaaaar too early on, it was such a huge moment that they'll never top it.

ALSO I'm not buying into the cyber terrorist storyline quite so much. Matey stroking his gerbil like a shit geeky Blofeld
post edited by Postman Pat - 2014/02/15 20:08:35
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2552
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/15 20:12:57 (permalink)
A little bit, yeah. I'm only two episodes in but i think that thing should not have happened until the middle or end of the series. It was the most interesting dynamic in the show imo.

Also seems a bit unlike what a vp would actually stoop to. More something that they would arrange maybe.

This is tough to discuss without just plain saying it

It's rare that something like that just makes me look at the TV thinking WTF?!?! Last thing was the red wedding in GoT, seeing as I haven't read the books.
Postman Pat
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/15 20:19:18 (permalink)
Yeah it was definitely up there with the red wedding! Has left the show feeling a little flat though for sure.

I dunno, maybe it didn't help that I watched so many in a row and by the start of episode 5 me and the Mrs were polishing off our 2nd bottle of wine... Will stick with it until the end for sure, Frank is a great character.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 88412
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 18:00:27 (permalink)
Watched a few more episodes of The League last night.

Funniest show on tv.
ChunkyMunky
  • Total Posts : 1584
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 19:14:11 (permalink)
Anyone seen Parks and Recreation? Just finished The US Office and want some similar comedy, read good things about it..
smegma5000
  • Total Posts : 504
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 19:20:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ChunkyMunky

Anyone seen Parks and Recreation? Just finished The US Office and want some similar comedy, read good things about it..

Yeah it's pretty good. Some of the episodes are a little hit or miss for me but overall the writing and acting is superb.
ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7803
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 19:30:42 (permalink)
Anyone catch Salamander started on bbc4 last week?

Belgian heist drama first episode was very watchable

Tommy the Coat
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 21:00:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wakeytom

ORIGINAL: Tommy the Coat

I love that show, especially Dirty Randy and Raphy

The 1st episode of season 5 was great. Finding out Ted has aids then calling him full blown Ted had me in stitches.

Goodone
  • Total Posts : 4009
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 22:55:50 (permalink)

First series was pretty weak but 2 - 5 are okay, just easy to watch with the occasional laugh thrown in.

However this last series I think I've grown to either dislike / detest pretty much every character there is in it.
Miss SD
  • Total Posts : 24724
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/16 23:18:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ramraider

Anyone catch Salamander started on bbc4 last week?

Belgian heist drama first episode was very watchable

I'm recording them and hope to watch them soon
Snakey
  • Total Posts : 31387
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 09:05:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Snakey

Started watching Salamander this morning, seems like it might be alright

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2569488/

ep1 was OK, not exactly earth shattering. Might even watch ep2 today on the way home.

wow.
Controller
  • Total Posts : 1844
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 09:11:42 (permalink)
Watched House of Cards season 2 this weekend, want season 3 now
Postman Pat
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 21:16:05 (permalink)
Watched episode 6 just now and really enjoyed it.

I've decided that it's best enjoyed if you watch the episodes separately and savour them. Kinda ironic really given how they're released.
WarbeY
  • Total Posts : 1309
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 22:42:36 (permalink)
House of cards is bloody great! Smashed through the first season. Just started the 2nd and fuck it starts quickly! Spacey is a G.

madtag
  • Total Posts : 4087
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 23:56:38 (permalink)
Quite enjoying season 2 of Banshee

Scandal is a decent series to watch if anyone's looking or something easy to watch

Goodone
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/17 23:59:03 (permalink)
Season 2 of Banshee is pretty decent actually... There was a geezer from Leeds / Yorhshire in the last episode
madtag
  • Total Posts : 4087
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 00:24:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Goodone

Season 2 of Banshee is pretty decent actually... There was a geezer from Leeds / Yorhshire in the last episode

Watching it now,Northern matey gets taken out hard

Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 10263
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 00:30:31 (permalink)
Nice one for the spoilers in a few of these lads.
post edited by Shiverman - 2014/02/18 01:49:37
smegma5000
  • Total Posts : 504
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 03:38:48 (permalink)

You know, I like the show, but my one major gripe with television production these days is the whole loose tripod, pan, zoom and dip shit, no level shots, etc. It's like a complete ripoff of film noir. I mean those films, in their purest essence, aren't doing shitty camera work for effect, it's because they have no budget and the emotional content of a shot is more important than editing the shots with the best production values. So much of TV is like that, this show in particular just grates on me. High key lighting, everything is fucking bright as shit, no depth of field, the actors are overexposed, lights are too close to them, and it looks like they use this annoying yellow scrim for just about everything. It's about televisions version of the blair witch project in terms of camera work. Get a fucking steadicam, get a fucking tripod, establish some kind of color temperature, and stop oversaturating shit in post. It's TV they can afford all that shit ffs. Alright rant over.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 88412
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 08:54:59 (permalink)
Just die ffs
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 5924
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 11:10:59 (permalink)
getting back into Archer at the moment. very funny stuff.
NP5
  • Total Posts : 184
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/18 14:01:30 (permalink)
The Unit.

Bad ass tv that is
gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/20 10:50:45 (permalink)
there's a new batman-related tv show ramping up called Gotham, focusing on gordon and the origins of the villains

sounds a bit dry, but bruno heller's involvement gives me hope because Rome was superb
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66242

also sean pertwee as alfred is gold
gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/21 10:05:20 (permalink)
did anyone watch Babylon a few or so ago? sam bain and jesse armstrong wrote the pilot and danny boyle directed it

it's a very strange comedy drama about the met police. odd tone throughout, not quite sure what i was supposed to getting from it

the big idea - an american expert comes to london to handle pr for the police - is a good one, and the cast is decent, but overall it felt like less than a sum of its parts. plenty of strange sub-plots that i can only assume are set up for the rest of the series, but didn't really grab me

it's not bad, it's just not very good
Goodone
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/27 02:29:30 (permalink)
Enjoying House of Cards but really not feeling Kevin Spacey at all in this... All those nods and winks to camera making him come across as a real homo rather than some conniving and ruthless political heavyweight.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 104
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0