Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]The TV series thread

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 104
Author
WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 4441
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/29 21:21:35 (permalink)
Outnumbered is proper weird now that all the kids are in their 30s.
WalnudWheeep
  • Total Posts : 564
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/29 21:54:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rudeboysy

I didn't say BB wasn't good, it's just not in the same league as the wire or sopranos. As the series went on I disliked Walt more and more and by the end Saul and Hule were the only enjoyable characters.

I guess many people see the science aspect of it as something to marvel at, but having studied chemistry for 10 years it didn't add anything for me apart from inaccuracies.

The science aspect is virtually irrelevant.
post edited by WalnudWheeep - 2014/01/29 21:55:06
NZPhenom
  • Total Posts : 4697
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/29 22:03:42 (permalink)
Lol, exactly.

There's always one.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2552
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 06:54:04 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: WalnudWheeep

I didn't say BB wasn't good, it's just not in the same league as the wire or sopranos. As the series went on I disliked Walt more and more and by the end Saul and Hule were the only enjoyable characters.

I guess many people see the science aspect of it as something to marvel at, but having studied chemistry for 10 years it didn't add anything for me apart from inaccuracies.

Not for the first few seasons. In the first season it almost relies on it to make the plot line happen. Granted it is much less relevant from 4 onwards.
WalnudWheeep
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 08:02:38 (permalink)
I disagree. If anyone asked me why I enjoyed seasons 1-4 of BB, I wouldn't say 'the science'.

Yeah, it's there, but it's like saying I like Boardwalk Empire for 'the alcohol'.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 88412
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 09:55:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: WalnudWheeep

Not for the first few seasons. In the first season it almost relies on it to make the plot line happen. Granted it is much less relevant from 4 onwards.

No seriously, it's irrelevant.

This seems like a serious case of going against the grain for the sake of it.
Rudeboysy
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 10:41:51 (permalink)
I have never claimed it was shit. I watched the whole series and enjoyed it, but everyone is bumming it to death and to me it was good, but not the best thing ever.

Maybe the science is irrelevant to you as you don't know much about it. For a geek like myself it plays a big part. It's like if there was a program that inaccurately portrayed Aston Villa fans you'd probably find it took away from your enjoyment of the show.
clark grizwald
  • Total Posts : 4493
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 10:50:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: REDBOY1978

About to start True Detective. Heard it's a mini series so no chance of multiple seasons ruining a good thing.

8 Episodes I think. They have signed a second season though but characters/plot etc will be totally different. It will only be the same show in name and this is how he wants to write it going forward, so any future seasons will follow the same pattern.

I am loving it so far… that last scene in episode 3 with the guy in the gas mask was creepy as fuck, can’t wait to see what happens. Dialogue/cinematography/soundtrack all amazing. I think it really helps that they use the same writer & director for every episode rather than splitting duties between a whole team of them like most shows do these days. The writer, Nic Pizzolatto, has written a novel as well called Galveston which I am going to check as soon as I have finished what I am currently reading, meant to be good!

RAYZA
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 10:57:08 (permalink)

I have never claimed it was shit. I watched the whole series and enjoyed it, but everyone is bumming it to death and to me it was good, but not the best thing ever.

Maybe the science is irrelevant to you as you don't know much about it. For a geek like myself it plays a big part. It's like if there was a program that inaccurately portrayed Aston Villa fans you'd probably find it took away from your enjoyment of the show.

I just spontaneously combusted at the sheer thought of it
NZPhenom
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 21:29:11 (permalink)
Are you claiming to be a better Chemist than Heisenberg?

LULZ.
WalnudWheeep
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/01/30 21:42:09 (permalink)

I understand the feeling that the scientific inaccuracies could annoy you. If i knew they were there, they probably would annoy me too. But when I think back, I can't really remember many proper science based bits. The battery in the rv, the magnet maybe? Obviously cooking.

But the science really isn't what people love about the show. It would be shit if such a minor thing affected your enjoyment.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 5924
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 10:32:25 (permalink)
Controller
  • Total Posts : 1844
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 10:39:41 (permalink)
Started watching Luther, enjoying it so far... 5 episodes in.
danlej2
  • Total Posts : 3182
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 11:05:04 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Razor

I just spontaneously combusted at the sheer thought of it

Sorry but this is scientifically improbable. My enjoyment of your post is ruined.
Tommy the Coat
  • Total Posts : 3633
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 11:19:56 (permalink)
Watched through season 1 of House of Lies yesterday. I was feeling rough and it's an easy watch about a group of management consultants headed by Don Cheadle who is a slick sociopath who will do anything to make a deal. It's got a fair bit of boobs in it and it's quite amusing although some of the supporting actors can be a bit weak.

If you're hungover or feeling a bit under the weather... Do it.

gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 11:49:43 (permalink)
i've watched the first three eps of Mob City and it's pretty good. it's really nailed the late 40s hollywood noir vibe
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14394
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/03 11:56:26 (permalink)
Massively enjoyed the last 2 episodes of S2 of The Bridge on Saturday night. Such a great show. Best theme music on tv too, the way they brought it in at the end made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Whatsherface who plays Saga is an excellent actress. There's a scene in the last episode when you see her emotion almost bursting through before she bottles it up again, all in a split second. Amazing.
MuNz
  • Total Posts : 24839
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/04 10:59:15 (permalink)
Anyone know when Ray Donovan and Banshee series 2 starts? Two quality shows

Snakey
  • Total Posts : 31387
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/05 16:48:16 (permalink)
1 episode of BB left to watch

WalnudWheeep
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/05 18:26:43 (permalink)
So bittersweet.
gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 10:04:12 (permalink)
Preacher adaptation is finally happening http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40070

hiring sam caitlan is a good move...hopefully seth rogen isn't actually in it though

couple of updates on two neil gaiman projects too, the awesome American Gods and its spin-off, Anansi Boys-
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/04/neil-gaiman-updates-on-american-gods-new-tv-deal-plus-anansi-boys-headed-for-bbc-adaptation/
RAYZA
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 10:07:14 (permalink)
enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Luther. The supporting cast are a bit dodgy which is expected from a BBC drama but Idris Elba is such a good actor. I'd love to bang that crazy slut.

Watched the first episode of The League whice was pretty funny despite not understanding any of the yank football talk. Brooklynn Nine Nine seems to be getting funnier with each episode.

New Lee Mack panel show tonight could be alright .

gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 11:45:40 (permalink)
new trailer for Hannibal series 2 (spoilers if you haven't seen s1)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtDb89c7rWA

and Luther is really good i think, especially the first series. constantly creative and challenging, very brave of the bbc to make it. without Idris it'd probably be unwatchable though
gavinx
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 11:54:41 (permalink)
p.s. fans of Summer Heights High, We Can Be Heroes and Angry Boys should check out chris lilley's new show Ja'mie: Private School Girl

first episode as on bbc3 last night and it was very funny

guy is an absolute genius
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14394
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 12:50:02 (permalink)
House of Cards this time next week
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 927
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 13:24:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MuNz

Anyone know when Ray Donovan and Banshee series 2 starts? Two quality shows

Showtime just says this year for Ray Donovan. Banshee series 2 is showing in America so hopefully we'll get it soon
NZPhenom
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 22:35:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gavinx

p.s. fans of Summer Heights High, We Can Be Heroes and Angry Boys should check out chris lilley's new show Ja'mie: Private School Girl

first episode as on bbc3 last night and it was very funny

guy is an absolute genius

Hmm, big Chris Lilley fan but I thought this new series was quite mediocre. Find that character pretty jarring though, so much shrieking.

New season of Workaholics has been quality so far
post edited by NZPhenom - 2014/02/07 22:36:58
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 1654
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/07 22:43:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Tommy the Coat

Watched through season 1 of House of Lies yesterday. I was feeling rough and it's an easy watch about a group of management consultants headed by Don Cheadle who is a slick sociopath who will do anything to make a deal. It's got a fair bit of boobs in it and it's quite amusing although some of the supporting actors can be a bit weak.

Thank you so much for this, just watched season 1 in 2 days and loved it great to just chill out to
Snakey
  • Total Posts : 31387
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 11:14:59 (permalink)
Started watching Salamander this morning, seems like it might be alright

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2569488/

Rudeboysy
RE: Where is the tv series thread 2014/02/14 21:14:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wakeytom

ORIGINAL: Tommy the Coat

Thank you so much for this, just watched season 1 in 2 days and loved it great to just chill out to

been through both seasons of this.

season 1 is better than 2 imo as 2 is mainly just one client. still highly watchable though.

about to start house of cards season 2 now that it's on netflix (free trial ). first season was immense.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 104
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0