Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]The TV series thread

Page: << < ..146147148149150.. > >> Showing page 147 of 170
Author
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33492
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 11:00:50 (permalink)
The Detectorists series was a good watch.
End of the Fucking World is also very good. Both have amusing moments.

gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23122
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 11:02:10 (permalink)
Goodone
Rudiger01
Hard sun was garbage after episode 3.

Not only this but so cringey that the woman played the cool headed stoic hard man stereotype and the guy played a love sick puppy who just loved his family and got battered by the woman on the regs

I really hope we are in a position sooner rather than later where we are able to look back on this gender fluidity bullshit and laugh at how ridiculous it is

Did he!? I must have missed that bit

Strange that that's the narrative you took from the story.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96170
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 11:06:03 (permalink)
My mate is like that too, every single show he watches on the BBC he's going on about how white people are made to look weak and the Muslims and foreigners are made to look more intelligent etc. We can sit watching a comedy then after he has imagined all this nonsense that wasn't even there. It's quite strange. He's also a Labour hating tory voter. It's like an illness lol.

He watched that Man Like Mobeen and was going on about how all the white people were made to look like idiots... But literally every character is an idiot lol. Never even crossed my mind watching it.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/02/06 11:07:58
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23122
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 11:25:04 (permalink)
Me neither. Why do people actively look to be offended? 

I didn't think I'd like that Man Like Mobeen but it was quite funny.
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12952
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 11:42:44 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Me neither. Why do people actively look to be offended? 

I didn't think I'd like that Man Like Mobeen but it was quite funny.

The guy that did it was slating the execrable "Mr Khan" the other day, props

dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16886
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/06 18:58:18 (permalink)
Black lightning is proper fucking shit. I’m no comic expert but it seems to be DC comics are the Disney/PG/play it safe version of Marvel. Prefer the darker series of Marvel’s underworld

The outfit alone is ridiculous. His power ridiculous and the 100 gang or whatever they are called with that albino tosser is cringe
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3806
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 08:54:46 (permalink)
Gomorrah season 3 started off pretty fucking well.
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 5464
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 09:11:34 (permalink)
I had to turn man like mobeen off after 10 mins I knew I was gonna hate it. I did like the short things he did on BBC before though so was a bit disappointed
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2933
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 12:29:51 (permalink)
Just about to finish The Sinner on Netflix. Really good. True detective like vibe in some places (but not as great). Well worth a watch.

Hoping the last episode is a cracker and it doesn’t tarnish everything that’s gone before it.
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9290
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 12:54:40 (permalink)
Rudiger01

I've only got 1 epsiode left 

It's fucking great though.  Hurry up watch it all so I can talk about it you losers!  
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23818
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 15:01:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Smokey McPot 2018/02/07 16:25:30
Altered Carbon is fucking wicked.
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3806
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 15:13:53 (permalink)
Griff
Rudiger01

I've only got 1 epsiode left 

It's fucking great though.  Hurry up watch it all so I can talk about it you losers!  

Give me about 3 days and ill be there. How much of a cunt is the father in law tho? (Dont go into details. Only 2 episodes in)
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9290
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 16:17:42 (permalink)
He is truly a cunt.
Whagwan
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 16:27:30 (permalink)
Goodone
Rudiger01

Not only this but so cringey that the woman played the cool headed stoic hard man stereotype and the guy played a love sick puppy who just loved his family and got battered by the woman on the regs

I really hope we are in a position sooner rather than later where we are able to look back on this gender fluidity bullshit and laugh at how ridiculous it is

PC gone mad, hell in a handcart is it?
dimdum
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 18:44:16 (permalink)
Whagwan

I’ve watched the lot. Loved it!

Got so many questions though lol. Need more people to finish it but my first one, how is there not an overpopulation issue? I’m assuming it’s becuase of the other “settled worlds” but I’m confused about the getting bodies/sleeves from prison thing. Are no new babies born or anything?
Goodone
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/07 21:26:18 (permalink)
Whagwan
Goodone
Rudiger01

PC gone mad, hell in a handcart is it?

I just found it a bit silly... as an anarcho communist your threshold for ridiculousness tolerance is probably higher than mine 😅
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6367
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 13:15:53 (permalink)
dimdum
Whagwan

Got so many questions though lol. Need more people to finish it but my first one, how is there not an overpopulation issue? I’m assuming it’s becuase of the other “settled worlds” but I’m confused about the getting bodies/sleeves from prison thing. Are no new babies born or anything?

You should really read the books.

Why would you get pregnant and have your sleeve lose value? I think you can change sleeves freely if you have the money, if you're poor you get one life still. In the book they discuss mortgages payments on sleeves. Life is cheap at the bottom of society.

Pretty sure the rules of prison are that anyone can rent your sleeve out during your sentence in fact you're unlikely to return in your original sleeve once your sentence is served. That's the punishment.
fonik
  • Total Posts : 3770
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 17:29:17 (permalink)
just watched first two episodes of a.p bio...not impressed tbh
dimdum
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 21:51:37 (permalink)
Dubtitled
dimdum
Whagwan

Why would you get pregnant and have your sleeve lose value? I think you can change sleeves freely if you have the money, if you're poor you get one life still. In the book they discuss mortgages payments on sleeves. Life is cheap at the bottom of society.

Pretty sure the rules of prison are that anyone can rent your sleeve out during your sentence in fact you're unlikely to return in your original sleeve once your sentence is served. That's the punishment.

So the prison thing. “Being on ice”. Are in some conscious prison like a VR simulation or just frozen like the film Demolition Man. If it’s the latter then I don’t understand how that’s punishment if they aren’t “aware”

Not having babies makes sense from what your saying but there were kids about in the series. Were they just genetically made by some cloning thing?
NZPhenom
  • Total Posts : 4796
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 21:55:45 (permalink)
Anyone have any torrent links for Gomorrah Season 3?

Proving difficult to track down for some reason. 
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6365
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 22:24:44 (permalink)
fonik
just watched first two episodes of a.p bio...not impressed tbh

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt after episode one but I've now watched three and it still hasn't found it's groove. Unless Danny DeVito is about pop up and save this shit then it doesn't look like it's going to be very good tbh. 

You'd think Glenn Howerton would have got it sorted but it seems very clean and quite forced. Not even in the same stratosphere as Always Sunny. 
Whagwan
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 23:47:27 (permalink)
Goodone

I just found it a bit silly... as an anarcho communist your threshold for ridiculousness tolerance is probably higher than mine 😅

Nothing more ridiculous than your mother's decision not to abort you.
Goodone
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/08 23:54:36 (permalink)
lol what a come back, and it only took you a day. 

Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6367
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/09 12:58:57 (permalink)
dimdum
Dubtitled
dimdum
Whagwan

So the prison thing. “Being on ice”. Are in some conscious prison like a VR simulation or just frozen like the film Demolition Man. If it’s the latter then I don’t understand how that’s punishment if they aren’t “aware”

Not having babies makes sense from what your saying but there were kids about in the series. Were they just genetically made by some cloning thing?

I believe prison is just your stack on cold storage while your sleeve can be out doing god knows what. There may be some sort of VR prison experience element to it but I don't recall them going into it and his sister moans about not wanting to go back to the darkness when she thinks she might be going back. Kovacs just awakens in an odd sleeve with the overwhelming need to smoke despite the fact he never has and recalls his death so makes me think it's more like demolition man. The TV series doesn't do a very good job of showing how much of what he was fighting to stop as an envoy has progressed since he's missed 300 years. Imagine showing your phone today to someone who woke up from a coma pre Nokia 3210s.

Children are still produced in the normal way, they're just another expense that I imagine many wouldn't be able to afford. We only really saw affluent people and hookers in the TV series. I'm glad they didn't really explore the child angle further could get pretty dark.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41750
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 11:25:43 (permalink)
Enjoyed Hard Sun, some loose ends but entertaining.

The boss eyed paddy really is a terrible actress her ‘accent’ 🙄

Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44322
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 11:34:05 (permalink)
sacked McMafia off after 3 or 4 episodes. The main guy is so fucking wooden it got unwatchable. 

gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7891
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 12:20:17 (permalink)
her indoors got The Affair for christmas and i was thinking 'this is going to be some desperate housewives shite' but it's actually really good.

i love the writing - every episode gives you two perspectives on normally the same set of events - and it's brilliantly acted
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96170
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 12:26:13 (permalink)
I'm so sceptical whenever a woman suggests a show or movie lol
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7891
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 12:34:01 (permalink)
i know, right. she generally has pretty suspect taste but i guess even a broken clock is right twice a day

keen to check out this Altered Carbon...
dimdum
Re: The TV series thread 2018/02/12 19:33:27 (permalink)
Been watching s3 of Fargo and was apprehensive about it considering how much love I had for 1 and 2. But this does not disappoint! Double McGregor was at first weird but interesting. The story though Is a standard family/society battle which is away fun

David Thewlis is a don

Revisited my crush for Mary Winstead
post edited by dimdum - 2018/02/12 19:35:09
Page: << < ..146147148149150.. > >> Showing page 147 of 170
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0