Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix)

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
Mongrul
  • Total Posts : 27
2013/12/21 15:46:33 (permalink)

Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix)

There was audio on youtube but it's gone, there's audio in here but it's in a mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5DnbjnHxU

Heard it mid mix with another tune on above link...I like what I hear, sounds like a worthy remix but I will reserve judgement until I hear it on it's own with good qaulity audio. Drums sound seriously tho

102 Replies Related Threads

billytwelvetrees
    • Total Posts : 510
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 15:48:39 (permalink)
    roughly where is it in this?
    The Devious
    • Total Posts : 2277
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 15:56:18 (permalink)
    Posting up a 2hour mix and not saying when it's in

Brill

Otts
    • Total Posts : 36
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 15:58:35 (permalink)
    40 mins
    The Devious
    • Total Posts : 2277
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 17:09:39 (permalink)
    It's ok

Kind of what I expected it to be like

The original will never be touched, the way it creeps in

Mod X
    • Total Posts : 26845
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 17:48:13 (permalink)
    I like Om Unit tunes but the beats on that just don't work for me. It's like the beats are doing some skippy happy thing where it wants to be some hard as fuck industrial beat for Shadow Boxing.
    Law
    • Total Posts : 62764
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 17:52:16 (permalink)
    What T said. I've heard it out and its not great. Love Om Unit though. Best producer of 2013
    sameold
    • Total Posts : 213
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 17:54:19 (permalink)
    Pointless. There must be about 10 remixes now.
    shroomy
    • Total Posts : 24394
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 18:03:52 (permalink)
    Paint by numbers, belongs in the bin.
    **gutlessrhyme**
    • Total Posts : 20316
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 18:11:29 (permalink)
    It's alright
    _Modus_
    • Total Posts : 4324
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 19:18:19 (permalink)
    Nothing can do justice to the original due to the pure simplicity of the tune. Any attempt to spice it up or add extra layers to it is to detract from it's raw darkness.

Almost certainly my fave d&b tune of all time.
    X NATION
    • Total Posts : 59502
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 19:25:58 (permalink)
    my least favourite version
    WalnudWheeep
    • Total Posts : 564
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/21 19:38:57 (permalink)
    Bored me very quickly. Mod X is right. Those 'lively' half time drums don't sit well against that riff.
    Hyper Rush
    • Total Posts : 7117
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/24 19:08:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: shroomy

Paint by numbers, belongs in the bin.

ORIGINAL: DJModus

Nothing can do justice to the original due to the pure simplicity of the tune. Any attempt to spice it up or add extra layers to it is to detract from it's raw darkness.

Almost certainly my fave d&b tune of all time.

ORIGINAL: WalnudWheeep

Bored me very quickly. Mod X is right. Those 'lively' half time drums don't sit well against that riff.

Agree with all above. Just doesn't work for me, I liked the original then the 97 remix. The Jonny L wasn't much cop, but better than this. The Blu Mar Ten remix was easily the best of the post millenium ones. Not feeling this new sort of minimal half step DnB if honest.

WombRaider
    • Total Posts : 7448
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2013/12/26 02:08:58 (permalink)
    2tall
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:12:09 (permalink)
    Jamie S23
    • Total Posts : 16057
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:13:05 (permalink)
    Why did they bother?
    Omunit
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:30:05 (permalink)
    Right Then

I thought this might upset a few purists.. let me explain exactly how this went down.

I asked scotty for the parts as I could hear a different cadence on the tune, and we'd been talking anyway about how he was into my headz EP and other stuff and there's this mutual respect..

so I got hold of em - very carefully set up the track and laid out what I had in my head and did what i set out to do, namely a more half-time version..

no-one came to me asking to do this, this isn't anybody's "fault"..

now additionally you're listening to a fucking youtube rip of a radio show - 'll post up a proper soundcloud link very soon and then you can post your opinion on the internet about it and feel good about yourself

if you don't like it just go on discogs and buy the original vinyl and live a misery free existence, it's rather like being against gay marriage.. just don't marry someone of the same sex!

bless XX
    Jamie S23
    • Total Posts : 16057
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:35:22 (permalink)
    I already own it thanks, purchased when it was originally released

Can you see ok with your head so far up your arse?
    Brendon
    • Total Posts : 2446
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:37:28 (permalink)
    @Om unit

Whats on the flip?
    Omunit
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:42:40 (permalink)
    the original
    Mod X
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:50:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Omunit

Right Then

I thought this might upset a few purists.. let me explain exactly how this went down.

I asked scotty for the parts as I could hear a different cadence on the tune, and we'd been talking anyway about how he was into my headz EP and other stuff and there's this mutual respect..

so I got hold of em - very carefully set up the track and laid out what I had in my head and did what i set out to do, namely a more half-time version..

now additionally you're listening to a fucking youtube rip of a radio show - 'll post up a proper soundcloud link very soon and then you can post your opinion on the internet about it and feel good about yourself

if you don't like it just go on discogs and buy the original vinyl and live a misery free existence, it's rather like being against gay marriage.. just don't marry someone of the same sex!

bless XX

Anyone who is upset at you for doing it or Doc Scott for OKing it is clearly being a bit silly. I don't think you've got to explain yourself to anyone tbh. It's not like you turned it into some horrific mess.
    Omunit
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:52:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dj jamie

I already own it thanks, purchased when it was originally released

oh wicked, me too - can i be down with the "back in the day" elite?

Can you see ok with your head so far up your arse?

not really - all i can see is arsehole!
    Omunit
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:55:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod X

Right Then

bless XX

Anyone who is upset at you for doing it or Doc Scott for OKing it is clearly being a bit silly. I don't think you've got to explain yourself to anyone tbh. It's not like you turned it into some horrific mess.

i'm totally just fanning the flames on a hype ting mate - feel free to delete me
    Law
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:56:19 (permalink)

I don't think you've got to explain yourself to anyone tbh.

Surely everyone can agree with this.

I cant really think of a tune that would be harder to remix. Shadow Boxing's genius is its simplicity.

Its definitely not shit, far from it. I'll probably buy it as for some reason I cannot fathom I don't own the original, only the first remix Doc Scott did on 31.
    B.D.
    • Total Posts : 15715
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:57:56 (permalink)
    You don't own the original?
    X NATION
    • Total Posts : 59502
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 16:58:46 (permalink)
    I don't own the original either. Good move putting it on the flip.
    Law
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 17:00:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: B.D.

You don't own the original?

Yeah thats what I said.
    Mod X
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 17:02:47 (permalink)

Right Then

bless XX

i'm totally just fanning the flames on a hype ting mate - feel free to delete me

I'm not deleting anything, I'll just enjoy the show.

B.D.
    • Total Posts : 15715
    RE: Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix) 2014/01/15 17:05:06 (permalink)
    You too Stimpy?!
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0