Helpful ReplyHot!New iPhone released today

Page: << < ..11121314 > Showing page 13 of 14
Author
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19335
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 10:02:17 (permalink)
Majik
geordie007

Also has a sticky out camera lens which will be a right pain id imagine

The lens protrudes on the 7 plus too and it's fine.

If I wasn't on the upgrade program I wouldn't bother but if I can get the X for no extra monthly fee then it's calm.

Does it? Makes it look ugly imo
Majik
  • Total Posts : 40770
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 10:13:53 (permalink)
Slightly yeah, I agree not sure why they don't embed it, must be performance related?

I always buy a case for my phone so it doesn't affect me....

MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17008
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 10:24:21 (permalink)
They have Optical zoom as well, the lens needs a bit of space to telescope.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19335
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 10:25:00 (permalink)
Ooh fancy for those upskirt shots on the tube
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 29670
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 10:28:58 (permalink)
Law
Syhr
no one needs a £1000+ phone ffs. 

It's fucking mental. £1000 and the only new thing you're really getting is the ability to unlock your phone with your boat. Superb. 

Each to their own and that.

They should have a cutout of me in the Apple marketing offices, I lap this shit up. 

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 90597
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 12:31:28 (permalink)
A G for a fucking iPhone LOL
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6726
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 13:00:10 (permalink)
it's nice bit of kit...biggest step forward for an iphone for a good few years... but the price is pure madness. plenty of people will pay it though so you can't really blame apple. something's worth what people will pay for it.
soulfocus
  • Total Posts : 2780
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 13:10:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Noc 2017/09/14 02:12:01
Moped crew, your time
RAYZA
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 13:15:22 (permalink)
gavinx
it's nice bit of kit...biggest step forward for an iphone for a good few years... but the price is pure madness. plenty of people will pay it though so you can't really blame apple. something's worth what people will pay for it.

Biggest step forward for an iphone isn't saying much, they are always well behind introducing features Samsung already have
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 10974
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 13:44:03 (permalink)
wakeytom
Shiverman
Bought this instead https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-5 . Fuck paying over a grand for a phone.

How you finding it?

Got it today and love it so far. Absolutely rapid but then it should be, it's got the same processor as the s8 and 8gb of ram, which is as much as my macbook pro. Battery is way better and screen is a more convenient size than my previous nexus. Best part is tho that it doesn't cost a fucking grand.
Law
  • Total Posts : 62769
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 13:59:06 (permalink)
8GB of ram in a phone is fucking mental lol
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2170
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 14:22:12 (permalink)
Shiverman
wakeytom
Shiverman
Bought this instead https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-5 . Fuck paying over a grand for a phone.

How you finding it?

Got it today and love it so far. Absolutely rapid but then it should be, it's got the same processor as the s8 and 8gb of ram, which is as much as my macbook pro. Battery is way better and screen is a more convenient size than my previous nexus. Best part is tho that it doesn't cost a fucking grand.

My main concern these days is battery life
Shiverman
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 14:23:28 (permalink)
Law
8GB of ram in a phone is fucking mental lol

Yeah it's overkill really but wasn't much more to upgrade from 6gb and came with 128gb over 64

wakeytom, yep same. This got pretty much top reviews for battery so that swung it
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6726
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 14:44:44 (permalink)
the new wireless charging feature in the iphone 8 and iphone x is pretty slick (although i'm sure the simpsons did it first though...)

won't be long before coffee shops, bars, etc just have them everywhere to charge any device
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2170
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:01:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2017/09/13 15:07:00
gavinx
the new wireless charging feature in the iphone 8 and iphone x is pretty slick (although i'm sure the simpsons did it first though...)

won't be long before coffee shops, bars, etc just have them everywhere to charge any device

Some places already have them as available on Android for about a decade now
RAYZA
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:06:53 (permalink)
gavinx

Lol, really cutting edge tech. I've had wireless charging for years.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 40770
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:13:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Lrrr 2017/09/13 15:23:51
Anyone that bangs on about Apple being cutting edge is kidding themselves.

They are basically products for pricks like me and Mal with too much disposable income and no willpower lol.

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7435
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:13:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whagwan 2017/09/14 05:22:13
wireless charging ?
omgs Apple really pioneering ahoy

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1083
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:17:14 (permalink)
Majik

They are basically products for pricks like me and Mal with too much disposable income and no willpower lol.

and people like me that can't be fucked to learn how to use an Android!
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15147
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:31:49 (permalink)
wakeytom
Shiverman
wakeytom
Shiverman

How you finding it?

My main concern these days is battery life

Get a power bank.
RAYZA
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:39:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Me_Kick_Out_Teet 2017/09/14 06:33:13
Original Nuttah
Majik

That's like saying you wouldn't know how to use a Samsung tv because you've got an LG, it's not exactly complicated! Open app, use app. If you can use iTunes then you'll be able to use anything as that is the most unintuitive software I've ever used.
post edited by RAYZA - 2017/09/13 15:40:25
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1083
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:40:04 (permalink)
Razor
Original Nuttah
Majik

That's like saying you wouldn't know how to use a Samsung tv because you've got an LG, it's not exactly complicated! Open app, use app.

I still can't be arsed to get used to a new phone and OS!
Hector Savage
  • Total Posts : 2708
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:40:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dreamworld 2017/09/13 17:28:03
The iPhone X also adds support for wireless charging.
"Apple chose Qi wireless charging," noted Ian Fogg, from the IHS Markit consultancy.
"It was the right decision to use a standard because Apple users will benefit from widely available charge pads."

That is literally the least Steve Jobs thing Apple have ever come out with. He is spinning in his grave right now.
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 8774
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 15:53:47 (permalink)
Syhr
no one needs a £1000+ phone ffs. 

1min 25s
Feels like this is all it's really about.
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 4176
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/13 17:27:12 (permalink)
There are things I like a lot, iOS is great and it somehow feels more secure than android though I'm not sure whether there's much truth in that. I hate iTunes with a passion though, I don't like Apple in general much more. What's the point in shelling out 700 on the 8 just to feel like I've cheaped out and got the pov version, might as well stick with what I've got.

Think I'll get my battery replaced and reassess the situation in 12 months.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 18880
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/14 02:15:43 (permalink)
The first dealer who watches his empire collapse after a copper unlocks his phone by shoving it in his face is going to be gutted.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 20842
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/14 06:33:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2017/09/14 14:54:38
Razor
Original Nuttah
Majik

That's like saying you wouldn't know how to use a Samsung tv because you've got an LG, it's not exactly complicated! Open app, use app. If you can use iTunes then you'll be able to use anything as that is the most unintuitive software I've ever used.

itunes was one of the main reasons I started to look away from an iphone.... as well as being counter intuitive and lacking even the most basic features (just storing files in memory, torrents, putting videos on) it was the most clunky and memory intensive program ever and would often crash. Things have probably moved on a bit since then but I refuse to believe that using that godforsaken app can be simpler than dragging and dropping stuff on android....absolutely hated it. 
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 4176
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/14 06:42:11 (permalink)
Yeah it's sole purpose seems to be to make you so frustrated trying to get your files onto your phone that you give up and buy new ones from the store. I'm sure that if I spent the time learning how to work it properly I would get the hang of it but the last two times I've bought an iPhone I've spent two days tearing my hair out then after eventually getting it to work kept the same music on there for the whole time I've had the phone as I'm scared to go there again.

This is definitely the nail in the coffin for me, gonna jump ship.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 20667
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/14 07:00:24 (permalink)
Domino
Razor
Original Nuttah
Majik

itunes was one of the main reasons I started to look away from an iphone.... as well as being counter intuitive and lacking even the most basic features (just storing files in memory, torrents, putting videos on) it was the most clunky and memory intensive program ever and would often crash. Things have probably moved on a bit since then but I refuse to believe that using that godforsaken app can be simpler than dragging and dropping stuff on android....absolutely hated it. 

Yep same here. I jumped after the iPhone 4. Price, lack of ease of usability (eg drag and drop), iTunes, battery life and no extendable storage all contributed to me jumping to android, which just feels altogether more user friendly and malleable.

Shiverman
Re: RE: New iPhone released today 2017/09/14 12:15:09 (permalink)

Page: << < ..11121314 > Showing page 13 of 14
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0