Hot!Kendrick Lamar

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Author
Law
  • Total Posts : 61651
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:39:26 (permalink)
lol i thought you meant a rapper called ATG, and googled "ATG rapper" and found someone 

As time passes Kendrick will be mentioned in top 10s DoA. This is coming from someone who gave up on rap in about 2002. He was probably the first rapper since Eminem (early works) that I really rated.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 5924
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:43:10 (permalink)
kendrick has so many different flows, and the lyrical content to match... plus he does it over consistently amazing beats. he's brought back concept albums as well which personally i love. i can understand why people say his music isn't that 'radio-friendly' but money trees, king kunta, alright, i and these walls are all very catchy imo 

i'd say My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the only rap album since 2010 that's worth comparing to GKMC and TPAB. Section 80 is excellent too. 

incredibly excited about the prospect of a new album later this year

post edited by gavinx - 2017/03/16 16:44:11
Syzlack_23
  • Total Posts : 8794
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:43:22 (permalink)
I really want to like him but I find it all a bit too fart sniffy
Syzlack_23
  • Total Posts : 8794
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:47:22 (permalink)
This is a banger though

Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15074
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:47:45 (permalink)
Law
Subsurface
Ridiculously overrated artist. I just can't get it.

He's the greatest rapper on earth - no question.

Technically impressive, but does absolutely nothing for me. I just don't like the tone of his voice, or his beats. At all.

Greatest rapper on earth? I don't really know who to put him up against tbh. In the early 90s, he'd have barely scraped the top 20. IMO
Law
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:56:23 (permalink)
I just need to emphasise I am completely stuck in 90s NYC when it comes to hip hop - utterly.
My favourite ever rappers are Nas, Rakim and Slick Rick. 

To Pimp A Butterfly just really did it for me. His flow and style got a bit of getting use to, but I grew into it.
Lyrically he is without doubt one of the best ever in my opinion - tunes like How Much A Dollar Cost, and The Blacker The Berry.

Then again I also think there was a moment in time when Canibus was one of the best too, and that's probably quite an unpopular opinion lol
cal2
  • Total Posts : 2561
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 16:58:49 (permalink)
Law
lol i thought you meant a rapper called ATG, and googled "ATG rapper" and found someone 

As time passes Kendrick will be mentioned in top 10s DoA. This is coming from someone who gave up on rap in about 2002. He was probably the first rapper since Eminem (early works) that I really rated.

Meh, ive barely listened to more than a handful of song's of his, he seems like a watered down poor man's Nas with weaker flow and no Premo, pete rock or large pro to complement him...

I wouldnt have him in my top 50 TBF

Big Pun
Big daddy kane
Rakim
Sean P
Ghostface
Raekwon
Big L
Kool G
Slick rick
Nas

are all on another level.
BTW Pun never said anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZ08DSfniU 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kzEyIN1Ao4
post edited by cal2 - 2017/03/16 17:02:52
Subsurface
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:03:39 (permalink)
Law
I just need to emphasise I am completely stuck in 90s NYC when it comes to hip hop - utterly.
My favourite ever rappers are Nas, Rakim and Slick Rick. 

To Pimp A Butterfly just really did it for me. His flow and style got a bit of getting use to, but I grew into it.
Lyrically he is without doubt one of the best ever in my opinion - tunes like How Much A Dollar Cost, and The Blacker The Berry.

Then again I also think there was a moment in time when Canibus was one of the best too, and that's probably quite an unpopular opinion lol

Fair enough, I can understand that. I just read the hype and checked it out. I couldn't believe how little I thought of it considering I respect a lot of opinions on here.

It's not like I don't like any current hip-hop at all. Oddisee is up there for me, and absolutely churns out quality beats and is a decent rapper to boot.

Law
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:09:29 (permalink)
cal2

Nah, I meant he didnt say much in terms of a message etc. He was full of absolutely sick bravado-filled multis, which I also love.

One of my faves of his.
Law
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:11:12 (permalink)
Subsurface

Fair enough, I can understand that. I just read the hype and checked it out. 

I was well late to the party because the hype put me off, and I really didnt like Swimming Pools very much.
Still not mad keen on his first two albums, but Pimp A Butterfly really is something.

That Oddisee track is tremendous btw
cal2
  • Total Posts : 2561
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:14:43 (permalink)
Law
cal2

Nah, I meant he didnt say much in terms of a message etc. He was full of absolutely sick bravado-filled multis, which I also love.

One of my faves of his.

I don't think you listen to Pun to hear a message ala KRS ONE lol.

Ive been rinsing capital punishment to death recently, i actually think he has the best flow of all time.

Pun > Rakim. there i said it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tj9g1uBC9c 
Law
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:16:21 (permalink)
Pun probably wouldnt exist without Rakim (plus a million other rappers I love). 
So always Rakim > everyone.
WombRaider
  • Total Posts : 7405
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:44:52 (permalink)
Outkast own all
gavinx
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 17:49:58 (permalink)
i also grew up idolising the wu, mobb deep, gangstarr et al but i still find a lot to enjoy in modern hip-hop

kendrick just seems the natural extension of so much stuff i used to love when i was younger... very strong influences from the roots, outkast, tupac, dre, pete rock et al

over the last three or four years, there have been a lot of superb albums that capture that 90s vibe but still feel fresh and modern

oddisee is a great shout, love his work. this is just lovely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxkp3hpGdU

check the doppelgangaz too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QXnkSBCKgk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQS0Zuf06k 

elsewhere, just from last year, check: run the jewels, the vinnie paz solo album, isaiah rashid, czarface, apathy, alzhi, apollo brown and skyzoo, j cole...

if you want something completely original, try the danny brown album 'atrocity exhibition' as well
Law
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 18:26:35 (permalink)
WombRaider
Outkast own all

Again I was very late on realising how incredible Outkast were. I first heard of them when Bombs Over Baghdad came out, then Ms Jackson, and that turned me off. I was too into 90s east coast by then.

Eventually I came to realise what a stupid cunt I was and that ATliens and Aquemini are two the greatest hip hip albums ever.
OEM
  • Total Posts : 31549
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 18:56:12 (permalink)
Syzlack_23

Kendrick Lamar = King Kunta as I fucking hate that track.

While there is a lot of content from him, and there is a lot, I find it difficult to filter.

gavinx
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 19:38:55 (permalink)
Law
Eventually I came to realise what a stupid cunt I was and that ATliens and Aquemini are two the greatest hip hip albums ever.

My man!

ATLiens is just slightly better than Aquemini imo
Subsurface
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/16 20:39:32 (permalink)
gavinx

oddisee is a great shout, love his work. this is just lovely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxkp3hpGdU

Good album that. I probably prefer the instrumentals because they're just so good. Counter-clockwise and First Choice are incredible. He's hands down the best producer around IMO. Very prolific too.

Rock Creek Park has some lovely music on it.
gavinx
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/27 14:17:49 (permalink)
new one https://soundcloud.com/suicide_boys/kendrick-lamar-the-heart-part-4

next album due out april 7th apparently. this might or might not be the tracklisting... probably not http://runthetrap.com/2017/03/26/tracklist-kendrick-lamars-next-album-leaked/ 

hyped
post edited by gavinx - 2017/03/27 15:01:47
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 8547
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/27 14:31:44 (permalink)
Syzlack_23

Lol? Get the fuck out of here.
Joelus
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re: RE: Kendrick Lamar 2017/03/27 14:54:18 (permalink)

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0