Hot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..681682683684685.. > >> Showing page 683 of 1093
Author
mouse
  • Total Posts : 855
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 09:03:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Noc

we haven't played a single big club yet

I see what you did there.
Law
  • Total Posts : 55651
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 09:06:46 (permalink)
Noc in trying and failing at humility shocker
/Pure\
  • Total Posts : 3364
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 09:10:04 (permalink)
Domino
  • Total Posts : 18759
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 10:29:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Law

It's ok... Makes it all the sweeter when the inevitable happens.
VdV
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 11:05:04 (permalink)
EmmDotDizzle
  • Total Posts : 2331
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 12:02:53 (permalink)
It was sad to see Rugby United loose against WBA today. Every time RVP does not come to the rescue, United look like a very average team.

As RVP was struggling with muscle problems for second time already this season, United had to do it without him for most of the game today.

When coaching a smaller club like Everton one can play reactive football to frustrate opponent & to win many points with good counter play.

However when coaching a big club like United it’s the opponent who’s playing reactive football & it’s up to manager to come up with solution

That’s why a lot of managers struggle when they move from a small to a big club. They don’t understand how to break down a defensive wall.

Another problem is the fact that Moyes is very rigid with his 4-4-2. This is a very vulnerable tactic, especially against 4-2-3-1 & 4-1-4-1.

Despite the 4-1 win, everyone who understands football could already see United’s tactical problem in the Swansea game last month.

In Swansea game, United played with 2 central midfielders against 3 Swansea midfielders. But in that particular game, RVP came to the rescue

As most people in Jurassic Park don't have a clue about tactics, they were all talking about the 4-1 win instead of the tactical blunder.

Even the tactically clueless pundits of Match of the Day said United had played well. What can you expect of these Jurassic Park products?

In the Manchester derby the same tactical blunder proved to be very costly as Carrick & Fellani were totally overrun by the City midfielders

The future doesn't look bright as Moyes was allowed to take with him his tactically clueless friends from Everton & released Fergie’s staff.

It might have been smart if he had kept 1 of Fergie’s coaches as they know the team & understand how to deal with the opponent’s tactics.

@raymondverheije

Jurassic Park = England
SW14
  • Total Posts : 5720
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 12:27:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: AzorAhaiReborn

Adnan Januzaj is such a super, super player. My heart leapt with joy today as I saw our new Glaswegian leader upholding the Busby tradition of blooding attacking, exciting youth.

I see he is entering the last year of his contract and both City and Juventus have been sniffing around. In the Pogba tradition of being unable to keep hold of your best young players. Just another rat who wants to leave the sinking ship.

Domino
  • Total Posts : 18759
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 12:47:16 (permalink)
Pogba is doing brilliantly at Juve.

Man Utd fans must be seething. Just the type of player they could do with right now.
EmmDotDizzle
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 13:29:10 (permalink)
Pogba to Tuttosport—"I'd play anywhere for Juve. I'll play as a striker, at full-back or in goal in order to play alongside these champions"
SW14
  • Total Posts : 5720
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 13:41:41 (permalink)
He must kick himself every day thinking that he passed up the chance to play under this guy....

Razor
  • Total Posts : 77436
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 14:08:50 (permalink)
United fans enjoying novelty of detesting manager

30-09-13

FANS of Manchester United are delighted to be launching their first campaign to sack a manager in almost a quarter of a century.

The thrill of seeing their new team below Hull City in the league table has seen success-jaded supporters revitalised by the chance to make Moyes Out banners.

Fan Bill McKay said: “Over the years it feels like I’ve seen every club in the league run into the ground by comically incompetent managers while we sit on the sidelines waiting for our chance.

“I have to admit, I’d given up even hoping.

“But the buzz of seeing us outplayed by West Bromwich Albion in front of a wildly jeering crowd has made me think this could finally be our year. I can’t wait to tear up my season ticket.”

26-year-old Joanna Kramer said: “For as long as I can recall, United have languished at the top of the table.

“But under Moyes, we’re within touching distance of a relegation battle for the first time in decades. God, just imagine, next season our first away game could be with Yeovil Town.”

Fans are desperately trying to find a word for abject failure that rhymes with ‘Moyes’ before results improve.

United manager David Moyes said: “I was brought to this club to do a job, and the board have promised that I will be sacked once our place as a second-tier club is absolutely assured.

“But the fans have to be patient because that could be this season, next season or even the season after. These things take time.”

The Rat
  • Total Posts : 43252
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 14:16:14 (permalink)
Roboraver
  • Total Posts : 896
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 15:13:27 (permalink)
You've got to feel sorry for David Moyes, all those years he worked on trying to get Everton higher than Man Utd, now he's gone, it's finally happened!
Noc
  • Total Posts : 17972
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/09/30 20:43:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Law

Thinly veiled dig at Spurs aside - we haven't played anyone who finished above us last season yet. All our wins (including the derby) have come against teams we were expected (ie bookies' favourites) to beat.

Obviously it's good to be top of the league for a change but any talk of winning it is ridiculous. Its bound to be a more open race this year but you don't win the league with a squad as thin as ours. I'd still be happy with 4th at this stage.
Matty H
  • Total Posts : 3492
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 08:42:01 (permalink)
Everton look decent, top 6 this year I reckon
urdie
  • Total Posts : 6604
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:07:36 (permalink)
Ross Barkley iis class, if he keeps this form up he will pass wilshere as our next best thing imo, I'd say he's already as good, he's got more goals in him than wilshere for a start and his awareness when in possession is brilliant.
CCourt
  • Total Posts : 13164
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:10:10 (permalink)
If Wilshere left the burgers and nose alone he'd be untouchable.
urdie
  • Total Posts : 6604
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:21:11 (permalink)
Ross barkley will be a better player than wilshere.
Law
  • Total Posts : 55651
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:25:33 (permalink)
Wilshere doesn't seem to have improved at all over the last two years. Of course he has had terrible injuries. I guess its a good thing he has just been able to play regularly lately.
I remember him playing amazingly against Barcelona, that was a couple of seasons ago now I think?

Still waiting for Cleverly to turn into Iniesta tbg. Any day now.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 38761
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:26:17 (permalink)
You are a spastic though and nobody takes anything you say seriously.

CCourt
  • Total Posts : 13164
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:29:00 (permalink)
Had some Arsenal mong telling me that Ramsey will be better than Lampard and Arsenals midfielder that consistently gets 20 goals a season, overexcited one thinks.
Matty H
  • Total Posts : 3492
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:32:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CCourt

Had some Arsenal mong telling me that Ramsey will be better than Lampard and Arsenals midfielder that consistently gets 20 goals a season, overexcited one thinks.

Shock horror, deluded @rsenal fans...
DrumBongo
  • Total Posts : 1011
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 09:34:02 (permalink)
Wilshere is currently the more accomplished player but Barkley has more potential. It's pointless comparing their goal scoring as they are different types of midfielder. barkley plays much further forward so it's no surprise he scores more, the reason he is playing higher up the pitch at the moment is he tends to give the ball away a lot which is something Wilshere rarely does.

That Barca kid we have on loan though. Very raw but what a talent. I think he will be a regular and tearing it up in the prem by the end of the season
EmmDotDizzle
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 10:30:00 (permalink)
Hopefully Martinez teaches Barkley not to always run forward and try hollywood balls.

Also LOL @ Moyes not having a clue what to do with him last year.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2101
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 19:53:21 (permalink)
why the fuck are itv showing celtic vs barca?

i can't stand arsenal but i'd rather be watching them vs napoli.
Razor
  • Total Posts : 77436
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 20:12:26 (permalink)
Was a nice surprise that they are tbh

juanseefour
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 20:14:32 (permalink)
Id much rather watch celtic,but then again i am a fenian...arsenal game will be zzzz imo
boomhauer
  • Total Posts : 4629
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 20:15:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rudeboysy

why the fuck are itv showing celtic vs barca?

i can't stand arsenal but i'd rather be watching them vs napoli.

Been looking forward to watching Arsenal/Napoli all day.
Fuck itv.

Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 2340
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 20:32:06 (permalink)

Arse are destroying Napoli!

2-0 up in 15 mins, different class. Napoli not able to deal with the tempo or the skill. Loving it!
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2101
RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2013/10/01 20:35:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: juanseefour

Id much rather watch celtic,but then again i am a fenian...arsenal game will be zzzz imo

as opposed to barca vs a scottish bus parking team? no one gives a shit about celtic.

arsenal vs napoli has two of the form teams in europe
Page: << < ..681682683684685.. > >> Showing page 683 of 1093
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0