Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

Privatisation of the Police

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> Privatisation of the Police Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:15:01 PM   
Shiverman

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/02/police-privatisation-security-firms-crime

Fuck. That. I'm moving abroad. As if the police are remotely accountable enough for their actions, the tories want to contract out these services to private security companies?! This is fucking madness. It's lika a ludicrous idea someone would come up with to describe the tories.
Post #: 1
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:19:37 PM   
Postman Pat

Oh fuck no
Post #: 2
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:20:18 PM   
STIMPY

It doesn't really make sense in any way at all.
Post #: 3
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:25:16 PM   
jwalka

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIMPY

The government is broke. Selling it's assets makes a quick quid
Post #: 4
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:25:28 PM   
Shiverman

Post #: 5
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:26:12 PM   
STIMPY

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwalka

quote:

The police force is not a financial asset you dickhead.
Post #: 6
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:26:31 PM   
L8ON

Post #: 7
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:28:12 PM   
L8ON

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shiverman

lol was just looking up that exact image
Post #: 8
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:29:04 PM   
Overlay
Homeless Welsh Poet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egV7IHs3pD4

If it means we get Robo and Ed-209 i'm in.

Edit: fucksake, unoriginal thought...
Post #: 9
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:30:04 PM   
jwalka

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why could'nt it be if it has the potential for private outsource?
Post #: 10
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:31:25 PM   
STIMPY

don't get soursey with me.
Post #: 11
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:31:50 PM   
PapaJaro
Proper Jarring

FUCKING CRINGE. WISH I COULD UNREAD. SOMETHING PATHOLOGICALLY WRONG WITH THE TORIES AND I'M NOT A POLITICAL PERSON.
Post #: 12
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:32:43 PM   
Shiverman

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why could'nt it be if it has the potential for private outsourse?

Post #: 13
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:34:08 PM   
Shiverman

Few things would make me want to protest, especially considering the efforts the met go to to stifle the right to do so, but this is one of them
Post #: 14
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:37:26 PM   
jwalka

@ STIMPY I dont get how you can be so utterly naive as to think that the government would'nt look to private investors to take on areas of the public sector which are too expensive for them to run??

Example: A private company called Babcock (which st Rizzle will know all about as they train the army) recently bought out the rights for training in the London Fire Brigade. Because of this, the Fire Bridgade no longer have to pay the wages and pensions for training staff in that sector.

So why cant the police do exactly the same ?
Post #: 15
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:38:36 PM   
STIMPY

You're a top mong, I don't even wanna discuss this with you.
Post #: 16
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:44:45 PM   
PapaJaro
Proper Jarring

The idea of justice and enforcement is intrinsically tied to state/nationhood...the monarchy and therefore god himself..oh shit wait...err...

It's a stupid idea.

@ jwalker The police are corrupt enough as it is if this gets privatised they would lose all accountability. Outsourcing the administerial elements of public service bodies is not a problem (Babcock etc) but the substance of those bodies should remain part of the state structure which they deserve to remain a part of. Fuck me would you let them privatise the Courts or even the Army??

Is it just me or should we make a pact to make sure that the tories never ever make it into power again. It's bad enough that the Labour intelligensia seemed so far removed from reality but the Tories appear far more removed...
Post #: 17
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:45:21 PM   
Hunchbak

The police force have been inefficient as fuck for years, plus I generally keep my nose clean so I'm not too fussed. The judicial system is equally fucked anyway.

Just vote Torys out and everything will be rosy again
Post #: 18
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:48:43 PM   
Shiverman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hunchbak

The police force have been inefficient as fuck for years, plus I generally keep my nose clean so I'm not too fussed. The judicial system is equally fucked anyway.

Just vote Torys out and everything will be rosy again

Not with labour trailing in the polls because they are too fucking spineless and lost touch with their own core values. Its all well and good saying 'meh just vote them out again' like you do in every political thread, but lasting damage is being done that can't just be undone, even if labour did manage to get into power. Now the lib dems have been completely destroyed and milliband is being revealed to be a populist twat with no actual policies, what alternative is there?

Also, remember, THE TORIES WEREN'T VOTED IN IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Post #: 19
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 6:57:48 PM   
Hunchbak

Fair enough, at least you ain't a labour hypocrite bum boy, hence the vote them out comnent

I appreciate the lasting damage thing, but basically
Our political system has been shit for years, clowns to the left jokers to the right. A lot of our public services lag behind poorer countries, who's to say it won't wirk

Anyway, bring on ocp - at least they've hit cool robots and I might meet my idol, Clarence bodiker
Post #: 20
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 7:04:49 PM   
PapaJaro
Proper Jarring

Right I've had the chance to calm down a bit since I read that link.

Why do I get the impression this is going to involve call centres somewhere down the line? I work in the public sector and I'm very sceptical about outsourcing in general. We have to keep changing contractors every so often as they always end up taking the piss. Not sure how contract management/accountability would work.

The public sector (and private I believe) has enjoyed playing a very expensive game of hokey cokey with services being outsourced and then brought back in..then out...then in. Keeps managers busy imo. This just looks like they're dragging the police force into the game. Not on really.
Post #: 21
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 7:58:10 PM   
zuko
beard science

FFS
Post #: 22
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:05:29 PM   
Invision
some spare time and an erection

The fuck...

We'll have loads of Dog the Bounty Hunter wannabe pricks running about shouting a lot, this is not acceptable
Post #: 23
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:12:38 PM   
BrockLessChompster

just another inventive way to try and save money, not sure if its a good one though.

fuck knows how they are gonna reduce this deficit though.
Post #: 24
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:21:45 PM   
_ICE_

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrockLessChompster

this is the funny thing, people are moaning "tory this" "tory that". if it wasnt for labour spunking all the countries money away while they were in power, we wouldnt be in such a dire state that we have to even consider such radical proposals. people are so one-dimensional; 'because they are in power now, its their fault'.
Post #: 25
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:25:46 PM   
Shiverman

quote:

ORIGINAL: _ICE_

quote:

this is the funny thing, people are moaning "tory this" "tory that". if it wasnt for labour spunking all the countries money away while they were in power, we wouldnt be in such a dire state that we have to even consider such radical proposals. people are so one-dimensional; 'because they are in power now, its their fault'.

It's nowhere near as black and white as that. I'm not pro labour by any means, but to suggest the tories are forced into anything is very naive
Post #: 26
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:56:38 PM   
Grade

Fucked up. Should never happen.
Post #: 27
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 2/3/2012 9:58:34 PM   
Stoopid_Fux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grade

Fucked up. Should never happen.
Post #: 28
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 3/3/2012 12:31:51 AM   
Postman Pat

I'm starting to re-understand why it felt so good when Labour got into power in 97.
Post #: 29
RE: Privatisation of the Police - 3/3/2012 12:45:38 AM   
_ICE_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shiverman

quote:

ORIGINAL: _ICE_

quote:

It's nowhere near as black and white as that. I'm not pro labour by any means, but to suggest the tories are forced into anything is very naive

someone is going to have to do something about the defecit and its better that the tories are doing it sooner rather than later. this idea of privatising the police is ridiculous, and i doubt it will ever happen, but the very fact that it has even been suggested shows how bad things are, and its a testament to the shit state labour left us in. if labour had stayed in charge we probably wouldve been in a similar situation to greece within the next few decades. they should never be allowed near the economy again, they are dangerously incompetent. the tories are by no means perfect, but as is always the case with politics, you have to pick the lesser of the evils.
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> Privatisation of the Police Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

Police Officer (feat Danja MC)
F Da Police
Police State (Jhyka Remix)
Police State (Original Mix)
Radiation
Police Squad
Police Inna Helicopter
Ten Storeys
Noise Police