Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

RE: Banksy on Advertising

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: Banksy on Advertising Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 1:02:54 PM   
Autograff

Yeah , Im definately going to bait myself up
Post #: 121
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 1:07:52 PM   
DjFonze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Autograff

Why does that matter?

(Not hard to find out either)

Because if you're getting this hyped about graffiti and you're over 12 years old, you need to sort it out man.
Post #: 122
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 1:49:35 PM   
gavinx

well you can't really take the moral high-ground about banksy not being 'graffiti' and how you think he's shit and how us lowly plebs can't comment because we don't know how a 'writer' thinks without showing us what in your head actually is 'graffiti'
Post #: 123
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 1:53:41 PM   
Autograff

Post #: 124
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 1:59:45 PM   
Postman Pat

He's right though autograff, you're basically trying to win an argument by saying "Because I said so".
Post #: 125
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:03:09 PM   
Invision
some spare time and an erection

auto, pm me some of your graff? purely out of interest. i used to do it alot and i'm thinking of getting back into it
Post #: 126
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:05:37 PM   
Autograff

Im not even arguing anymore .

Truth is Graff is about your letters and getting them up , and if you don't write you won't understand it.
Post #: 127
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:09:43 PM   
Johnny Quest

Truth is, if I came and did a shitty tag on your front door, you'd scrub it off instead of leaning back and appreciating my boldness.
Post #: 128
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:25:36 PM   
sandmanJO3

Do you do short stories or novels? Or is it none fiction?
Post #: 129
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:29:53 PM   
The Rat
continues to prosper

I can't wait to hear what Banksy thinks about the situation in Greece
Post #: 130
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:34:21 PM   
winston

FREE TOX FUCK ARTFAGS FUCK BTP
Post #: 131
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:38:03 PM   
BudFox

Post #: 132
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 2:39:58 PM   
sandmanJO3

Post #: 133
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 4:01:32 PM   
Jungle Movement

Sellout? If any of you were being offered millions for your work would you honestly turn it down and say ''no, people will think i've sold out''? I like Banksy's work. I couldn't care less if people say he's a hypocrite, a sellout, he's not a 'real' graffiti artist. I like looking at his stuff, it's that simple.
Post #: 134
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 1/3/2012 4:11:58 PM   
sameold

quote:

I hate him because he is shit , like I hate people who do photo-realism or 3D graff , because it's shit , there is no style to the lettering , if there even are any letters behind those arrows.

I DJ and I like to hear a clang every now and again , atleast you know the DJ is actually mixing.

and Transformers was good.

What is 3d graff? Like Daim?
Post #: 135
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:03:21 AM   
Autograff

Take this prick from around Sheff for example.

Rocket , some may like his work , I think it's shit graff , weak letters hidden with 3D.

Plus he is one of the biggest bell-ends in the scene.
Post #: 136
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:28:21 AM   
sandmanJO3

i dont know anything about graff. Can you post just one example of some that you think is good so we can look at the lettering?
Post #: 137
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:35:57 AM   
Postman Pat

?
Post #: 138
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:39:06 AM   
sandmanJO3

pretty good
Post #: 139
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:47:35 AM   
_binar_
60s child

quote:

Rocket , some may like his work , I think it's shit graff , weak letters hidden with 3D.

Strikes me you take yourself and your 'art' way too seriously. That piece looks pleasing to me, what the fuck are 'weak letters'? Why should someone elses 'art' trigger such a strong response as 'I think it's shit graff'? If I listen to someone mixing and think I could do better I'd think something like 'I'd try doing this or that' - what you've done is just slag off but not offer any reason as to why it is shit and what could be done to improve it.

What is so great about your art, what sets it above everyone else, Banksy included?
Post #: 140
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 11:59:50 AM   
JUDGEDREDD

Thank fuck we don't all like the same thing ay!
Post #: 141
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:01:05 PM   
soulfocus

quote:

Im not even arguing anymore .

Truth is Graff is about your letters and getting them up , and if you don't write you won't understand it.

Its safe to assume different people do it for different reasons.
Its like saying Rick Ross is less valid as a rapper than Talib Kweli.

Even if the purists think its all about the 'getting your name up' theres a whole nother bunch of writers who approach it differently.
Post #: 142
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:02:54 PM   
Autograff

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandmanJO3

i dont know anything about graff. Can you post just one example of some that you think is good so we can look at the lettering?

Check out people like Okre , Slice and Nasty , people who do dubs on the streets and trains.

quote:

ORIGINAL: _binar_

quote:

Strikes me you take yourself and your 'art' way too seriously. That piece looks pleasing to me, what the fuck are 'weak letters'? Why should someone elses 'art' trigger such a strong response as 'I think it's shit graff'? If I listen to someone mixing and think I could do better I'd think something like 'I'd try doing this or that' - what you've done is just slag off but not offer any reason as to why it is shit and what could be done to improve it.

What is so great about your art, what sets it above everyone else, Banksy included?

I never said I was great , or did 'art' . Im a writer , I go out and bomb.

Weak letters are stuff like the above , plain letters hidden behind 3d and random crap to make it look pleasing to someone who isn't interested in Graffiti , all pretty like.

He could do better by being less of a prick , and getting out and putting his name on the streets , in some nice big bubbly throwups.

Im probably going to look like a prick for all of this , but I dont really mind , graff is something I love and I hate it when people think shit this is the real stuff.
Post #: 143
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:08:00 PM   
_binar_
60s child

quote:

I never said I was great , or did 'art' . Im a writer , I go out and bomb.

Weak letters are stuff like the above , plain letters hidden behind 3d and random crap to make it look pleasing to someone who isn't interested in Graffiti , all pretty like.

He could do better by being less of a prick , and getting out and putting his name on the streets , in some nice big bubbly throwups.

Im probably going to look like a prick for all of this , but I dont really mind , graff is something I love and I hate it when people think shit this is the real stuff.

Good reply
Post #: 144
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:15:28 PM   
sandmanJO3

I think its a fair criticism if that 3D stuff is easy to do but just looks good to the uneducated. But is it actually easy to do that? Looks pretty hard.
Post #: 145
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:26:39 PM   
Invision
some spare time and an erection

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandmanJO3

I think its a fair criticism if that 3D stuff is easy to do but just looks good to the uneducated. But is it actually easy to do that? Looks pretty hard.

much harder than bombing much harder than stencils too

your view on graff depends on what you want to get from it - if you want to be known as an artist you call yourself a street artist and you do 'street art'; if you just want to get your name about you call yourself a graffiti artist. They're two completely separate entities, the only thing that links them is they both use the streets as their canvas anjd (usually) spraypaint as their medium. You can't compare stencil graff and traditional letterforms really
Post #: 146
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 2/3/2012 12:33:05 PM   
Autograff

It requires skill and patience I will give them that , but doing something skillfull in 2 mins on some shutters at 4am pissed is much more fun
Post #: 147
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 15/3/2012 5:15:01 PM   
winston

http://www.readingfrenzy.com/ledger/2012/03/taking_the_piss

prick
Post #: 148
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 15/3/2012 5:21:21 PM   
gavinx

yeah, that's not fucking on
Post #: 149
RE: Banksy on Advertising - 15/3/2012 5:29:06 PM   
sandmanJO3

Banksy is such a fucking jeb end.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: Banksy on Advertising Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

Anthem 09 (DNB ARENA Digital-Only Exclusive )
Still Trill
Wake Up
Theophobia
Flipnosis
Push It Saxxon Remix
Champion Dub (Original Mix)
Invasion (Original Mix)
Method IV (Original Mix)
Perception (Original Mix)
Anima
DPM
Endless Fade (Original Mix)