Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

[Deleted]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass Production >> [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Deleted] - 26/2/2012 11:27:50 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]
  Post #: 61
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 5:11:03 PM   
r.e.l.a.p.s.e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Cunt

Also.... It's worth noting that out of the more successful or respected music makers on here Sauce, Technocolouringbook, Drifta, Zeal, Hans Zimmer all had a background in music before they got into the whole Drumming and Bassing thing.

How many non musician folks here are picking up credible releases?

Hi
Post #: 62
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 5:17:31 PM   
Stamina MC
Dyspeptic Traffic Warden

quote:

ORIGINAL: Traffic

lol @ cunt in this thread. Pathetic...

Mr C makes more sense than most in this thread, tbh.
Post #: 63
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 5:45:56 PM   
Traffic
Maple Syrup Drinking Lumberjack

quote:

ORIGINAL: r.e.l.a.p.s.e

quote:

Also.... It's worth noting that out of the more successful or respected music makers on here Sauce, Technocolouringbook, Drifta, Zeal, Hans Zimmer all had a background in music before they got into the whole Drumming and Bassing thing.

How many non musician folks here are picking up credible releases?

Hi

The 5%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3PPH96Ycsk
Post #: 64
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 5:59:13 PM   
Traffic

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stamina MC

quote:

And that coming from someone who does actual Drum and Bass and everything, Traffic.

I'm just glad you own that Equinox record.
Post #: 65
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 6:01:44 PM   
Traffic

Quite irrelevant.
Post #: 66
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 6:14:24 PM   
GNDrecords

quite, hmmm, tally ho old chap
Post #: 67
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 9:20:03 PM   
STIMPY

quote:

ORIGINAL: New Era

In reference to my to my first comment in this thread... It seems to me that the first thing new 'producers' want to do is get some monitors and a DAW then click a load of random samples in because they've been djing for years. I am speaking from experiencing when i say you will find it much easier to make something cohearent if you took the time to learn some basic piano scales and chord structures. The point was proven by yourself the other day when you asked about how to convert a guitar chord to a piano chord. If you did a very small amount of reading, ie. What notes are guitar strings tuned to you could have worked that out for yourself far quicker than posting here and everyone calling you brian.

I already have rudimentary understanding of music theory. Making a thread asking for help and getting suggestions might not have taught me what notes guitar strings are tuned to but I don't care, I got the result I wanted, much quicker than learning guitar strings. I don't think you've proven any point. You sound like you've gone from knowing nothing to knowing everything and looking down on everyone imo.
Post #: 68
RE: listening to others genres of music - 26/2/2012 9:32:02 PM   
STIMPY

Whatever gives him a hardon.
Post #: 69
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 7:41:21 AM   
New Era

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIMPY

I already have rudimentary understanding of music theory. Making a thread asking for help and getting suggestions might not have taught me what notes guitar strings are tuned to but I don't care, I got the result I wanted, much quicker than learning guitar strings.

Clearly you don't. You really think it was quicker going through the process of being called a spastic than learning EADGBE from wikipedia?

quote:

I don't think you've proven any point. You sound like you've gone from knowing nothing to knowing everything and looking down on everyone imo.

You're right, i haven't proven any point. You have though by constantly wasting your time denying that you have anything to learn and then posting simple questions, the sort of question that if you knew the answer to you'd call another member a spastic for not knowing. Apparently you don't like being treated the way you treat other people round here. If you're going to act like a cunt you're going to get spoken to like a cunt.
Post #: 70
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 8:52:25 AM   
DJKingz

quote:

ORIGINAL: w1ntle

nice selection of feelings going on here..*gets pipe and slippers

Post #: 71
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 12:56:33 PM   
New Era

quote:

Woken up a little grumpy have we?

Of course, it's fucking monday!
Post #: 72
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 1:24:10 PM   
_binar_
60s child

I can think of drum n bass tunes that have been influenced by the following genres:

techno
reggae
dub
punk
metal
80's electro
uk garage
pop
house
hip hop
trance
blah blah and the list goes on... of course you need to listen to other genres to make drum n bass.
Post #: 73
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 2:28:00 PM   
djdave*b

I generally enjoy all genres of music bar metal, i used to mainly listen to just jungle/D&B in the mid/late 90s but also some hardcore/jungle early 90s, then later garage, trance, house, tech house, etc etc pretty much follow all EDM genres closely today and i love and appreciate them all, i think they all have there good points and they all work to stimulate you in different ways, even classical music from time to time,

< Message edited by djdave*b -- 27/2/2012 2:30:21 PM >
Post #: 74
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 2:28:21 PM   
_binar_
60s child

quote:

Fuck off.

You don't even make drum n bass, you fuck off.
Post #: 75
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 2:42:29 PM   
sameold

I once listened to another genre, it gave me a nose bleed.
Post #: 76
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 7:48:08 PM   
STIMPY

quote:

ORIGINAL: New Era

quote:

I already have rudimentary understanding of music theory. Making a thread asking for help and getting suggestions might not have taught me what notes guitar strings are tuned to but I don't care, I got the result I wanted, much quicker than learning guitar strings.

Clearly you don't. You really think it was quicker going through the process of being called a spastic than learning EADGBE from wikipedia?

quote:

I don't think you've proven any point. You sound like you've gone from knowing nothing to knowing everything and looking down on everyone imo.

You're right, i haven't proven any point. You have though by constantly wasting your time denying that you have anything to learn and then posting simple questions, the sort of question that if you knew the answer to you'd call another member a spastic for not knowing. Apparently you don't like being treated the way you treat other people round here. If you're going to act like a cunt you're going to get spoken to like a cunt.

See, you do like just looking down on people and wanking over your speakers. Remember mentioning when you started off and didn't know fuck all. You was probably much less of a massive fucking tool then.

Besides I never said I had nothing to learn, stop being a spastic.

< Message edited by STIMPY -- 27/2/2012 7:49:18 PM >
Post #: 77
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 7:52:54 PM   
STIMPY

needs more nyquist theory and elgebra calculations to do with dithering
Post #: 78
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 8:20:33 PM   
brighton static

quote:

ORIGINAL: ceejay

It's a big problem I think at the moment with what new dnb I hear, it's influenced by dnb and not much else, people trying to recreate last years big tune with no personal input. Needs more soul, dub, jazz, techno rip offs and less D Bridge/Pendulum/Sub focus rips.

This is the main problem with most of the music today TBH, To many sheep in the music scene. Its ok to take a style but you must make it your own.

I listen to classical new and old, soul, funk, jazz, anything thats organic, or at least organic sounding.
Post #: 79
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 8:20:40 PM   
STIMPY

To clarify, I think it's great having people here who have a wealth of knowledge, they need to remember though that most people don't, offering over complicated advice when not necessary, or being really patronising to people asking for help, or even coming into a thread where someone has asked for help and then having a moan that you got fed up offering unnecessary patronising help, isn't overly helpful.

I never call people spastics on here for not knowing something production related, if I do post in reply to an ask for help, it's always me trying to help, no matter how simple the problem (usually because I can only help with the simpler things in the first place)
Post #: 80
RE: listening to others genres of music - 27/2/2012 11:33:11 PM   
Traffic

Pretty sure Robot Redford doesn't have any music background, but I may be mistaken. Never heard him speak about it.
Post #: 81
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 10:49:51 AM   
zuko
beard science

quote:

I like Reich, everything I've seen of his is layers and layers of instruments, mad evolving riffs with different time signatures on top of eachother creating sexy time. when did he write all that stuff cunt?

'70s is prime Steve IMO. Definitely check this out if you haven't heard it before Stimpy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_18_Musicians
Post #: 82
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 10:52:31 AM   
zuko
beard science

quote:

If you want technical then you should check this cunt out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXy1FPTdvg

Now before you gas off, maybe research what he's actually doing in that piece...... It's SERIOUS.

Boom, cheers Cunt, that's awesome. There's a link in the description to an MP3 of the full performance too.
Post #: 83
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 12:00:53 PM   
STIMPY

Safe Zuko, I Reich to move it move it.
Post #: 84
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 12:55:04 PM   
zuko
beard science

quote:

Out of all of Reich's albums the third one is the best.

Gah, that took me far too long, I need another coffee.
Post #: 85
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 1:59:20 PM   
ceejay

Northern soul is def great stuff for sampling in drum & bass, not far off the right tempo and most of the labels are that obscure you'd never get done for it. Only issue is prices tend to be £5-50k for a single so not much chance for bargains.

quote:

ORIGINAL: brighton static

quote:

ORIGINAL: ceejay

It's a big problem I think at the moment with what new dnb I hear, it's influenced by dnb and not much else, people trying to recreate last years big tune with no personal input. Needs more soul, dub, jazz, techno rip offs and less D Bridge/Pendulum/Sub focus rips.

This is the main problem with most of the music today TBH, To many sheep in the music scene. Its ok to take a style but you must make it your own.

I listen to classical new and old, soul, funk, jazz, anything thats organic, or at least organic sounding.
Post #: 86
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 5:14:55 PM   
MuzzahD
Dark Soldier

quote:

quote:

QFT
Post #: 87
RE: listening to others genres of music - 28/2/2012 11:59:00 PM   
Traffic

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuzzahD

quote:

quote:

QFT

lol, pussy
Post #: 88
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass Production >> [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

Friend Or Enemy
Warlord (VIP Mix)
One of a Kind (Drum and Bass Mix)
Spiritual Thing (Jungle Mix)
Take Off (VIP Mix)
Book Of The Dead
Loss of Sight
Out Of Focus (Original Mix)
Rebirth Of Zealot (Original Mix)
Game Of Hearts (Original Mix)
Like A Circle (Original Mix)
You Heard Of Us
Hardswing (Hardsoft Mix)
Dawn Of The Fever (Original)
Johnny 94 (Noise Of Art & Double D Remix)

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts