Helpful ReplyHot!The Dad Thread

Page: << < ..86 Showing page 86 of 86
Author
CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23615
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 18:25:56 (permalink)
Cheers guys. Been amazing having him after trying for a good few years.

Unfortunately however I had a bad fall the day I was supposed to be bringing them home and have badly twisted my knee and have been on crutches ever since (over two weeks now). A&E said I may have torn meniscus band but waiting on MRI scan results.

Missed bringing them home for the first time as was sat in A&E for five hours. Still haven't been able to drive and can't even take him out for a decent walk due to the injury.

Work said as I'm on pat leave/holiday I'll be able to take this as sick and get the other leave back so not all bad.

Hoping knee improves soon but there you go. Miss SD has done an amazing job of basically doing everything after big c section and me on crutches. 

DNBADMAN
  • Total Posts : 1261
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 19:19:06 (permalink)
gavinx
Snakey
4.5lbs sure puts my 10.5lb bruiser of a son into context.

All the best Gav, I look forward with interest to see how you continue to know all there is to know about all released media and manage 2 baby girls lol.

ha! thanks man. yeah, this is real concern...! will have to get a full-time live-in nanny

thanks everyone else too for all your kind words and advice x

what are mans saying about slings / carriers btw? few mates have recommended a baby bjorn, few others have got a ergo. bjorn looks to be about £45 but the ergo is at least double that. worth it?

Bjorn seemed to work. Saying that I just agreed to not be the bad person that refused the expense (why can't we just be like my parents and grandparents and just carry out baby etc)

Probably used it about 3 times.
Miss SD
  • Total Posts : 24924
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 19:48:53 (permalink)
Lrrr
Missed Caspar & Miss SD's little one, congrats guys! I'm guessing Miss SD has had about 6 min sleep in 2 weeks freaking out at every tiny noise 

Pretty much! 'Is he breathing' is probably my most used phrase over the last three weeks. The sleep deprivation is tough and not something you can prepare for. It's all worth it though obviously.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31120
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 20:15:58 (permalink)
Ah don’t worry I literally checked my daughters breath 10 times a night for the first 2 years.

She’s now the coolest person I’ve ever met, it’s all SO worth it.

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41839
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 21:06:20 (permalink)
Big up you two

Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 16009
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/17 09:09:41 (permalink)
Lrrr
Ah don’t worry I literally checked my daughters breath 10 times a night for the first 2 years.

She’s now the coolest person I’ve ever met, it’s all SO worth it.

Miss SD
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 10:13:08 (permalink)
Can't believe my little boy is three months old tomorrow. He's got his second round of jabs. Time goes ridiculously quickly with a baby. I used to think work was busy lol.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 8142
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 10:38:47 (permalink)
my two were three months old last week and fuck, i have no idea where the time went. it's been a pretty insane time but the four of us are all still alive, so that's the main thing!

a few ups and downs on the way but - touch wood - their health is pretty solid now and they're growing all the time. few stomach and colic problems, but considering the shitstorm that a lot of kids walk into when they're born as early as ours, we feel pretty lucky
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12991
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 10:41:53 (permalink)
You will wake up in the not too near future and realise a whole decade has blinked by, and that you have become a bad impression of your Dad

Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4843
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 10:48:04 (permalink)
My oldest turned 10 at the weekend. TEN. Where the fuck did those years go? 
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2739
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 10:50:42 (permalink)
gavinx
my two were three months old last week and fuck, i have no idea where the time went. it's been a pretty insane time but the four of us are all still alive, so that's the main thing!

a few ups and downs on the way but - touch wood - their health is pretty solid now and they're growing all the time. few stomach and colic problems, but considering the shitstorm that a lot of kids walk into when they're born as early as ours, we feel pretty lucky

feels like time is standing still if you're having a bad time with sleep deprivation, but really the time flies.

our second daughter was born in March.  Feels like years ago somehow.  It has flown by.  She sleeps great compared with her big sister (thank FUCK for that).  

hilarious seeing her sit in her little bouncing chair pissing herself laughing all day at everything.  Including bursting out laughing if her sister hurts herself and starts crying.  Harsh!

Miss SD
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 11:03:23 (permalink)
gavinx

Brilliant news!
How is their sleeping?! I can't imagine doing two sets of night feeds.
Miss SD
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 11:06:02 (permalink)
gavinx

Brilliant news. How is their sleeping? I can't imagine doing two sets of night feeds
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12991
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 12:47:59 (permalink)
Mulla
My oldest turned 10 at the weekend. TEN. Where the fuck did those years go? 

What is mental is how quick childhood seems to go. My eldest is 9 and she is getting moody and answering back already. She was slagging off stories that end "happily ever after" for not being realistic the other day, she started ranting stuff like "what about war, that has a happy ending, yeah? What about the fact the sun will explode in 3 billion years, that's happy yeah?" 

God I love her 

gavinx
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 14:08:51 (permalink)
Miss SD
gavinx

Brilliant news. How is their sleeping? I can't imagine doing two sets of night feeds

they're both sleeping ok tbh. we're all in a very good routine - and when it runs like clockwork it's actually not too bad - but it's fragile! doesn't take much to throw the machine off and then you're in all sorts for days!

it is funny how they develop. i feel like they have two very distinct personalities already! can't wait until they start talking :-)
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9335
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 14:44:43 (permalink)
My little sprog is 4 weeks old now. She's fucking lush tbqfh
Capitol P..
  • Total Posts : 7804
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 15:07:11 (permalink)
Got myself a right chipper little nibbler. He’s 2 and a half now, but one of the funniest humans I know. Loves to dance, pretends to play air guitar and laughs out loud when he see’s people trip up and fall over

Loves to get close and cuddle up on the sofa too, which is what I always hoped for as a parent. He’s my favourite person, that’s for sure. Wish I got to see him more.  
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3929
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/17 18:42:53 (permalink)

Eugh
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23940
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/18 08:58:35 (permalink)
Griff

Congrats Griff!

Got little man on my lap right now working from home.  In the last couple of weeks we've been on plenty of adventures with him in a sling (@PiersMorgan). 

Climbed Snowdon the other week and Saturday was his first trip to the rugby (ended up on the stadium big screen!)

He's started rolling over this week so desperately trying to baby proof the house now.
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9335
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/10/18 17:25:33 (permalink)
Whagwan
Griff

Congrats Griff!

Got little man on my lap right now working from home.  In the last couple of weeks we've been on plenty of adventures with him in a sling (@PiersMorgan). 

Climbed Snowdon the other week and Saturday was his first trip to the rugby (ended up on the stadium big screen!)

He's started rolling over this week so desperately trying to baby proof the house now.

Thanks bro!  She's pretty easy at the moment, she doesn't really move yet so I don't need to worry about that side of things, but she does take a lot of work when it comes to cuddling her to sleep etc.

It's lush, but the days seem to fly by and you've done nothing!

Went back to work on Monday.  Not sure how I feel about that, miss her like mad but the break is also kinda nice...lol

I saw your climb to Snowden on FB...fair play bruv!  That's impressive lol
Miss SD
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/11/24 16:30:32 (permalink)
So I've just spent £20 on a personalised santa sack for my son.
I can see I am going to cripple myself financially for his first Christmas and I can't bloody wait.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15485
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/11/24 17:51:32 (permalink)
Careful though, our eldest was the only kid in the entire family for 8 years so he got spoiled rotten by everybody and now he’s a demanding little bastard who expects to get whatever he wants whenever he wants it.

Putting that right is proving painful, we’ve started trying to introduce daily chores but so far all we’ve actually managed to introduce are daily tantrums.

So yeah he’s getting fuck all for xmas this year lol. Well, far less than he used to get anyway. Mans gonna get a lot of books and socks.
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/11/24 20:17:17 (permalink)
As a dad, having to attend this court case has darked me out a bit

https://www.thisislocallo...week-old-baby/?ref=rss
Rein9T2
  • Total Posts : 1085
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/11/24 21:59:18 (permalink)
Cybotron
As a dad, having to attend this court case has darked me out a bit

https://www.thisislocallo...week-old-baby/?ref=rss

amphetamines, cocaine, morphine and cannabis in his system, sounds like a complete waste of oxygen what chance has his children / other child got with that. The mother must be a thick cunt leaving her child with him.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2337
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 12:41:16 (permalink)
Mrs was wrapping Xmas presents last night.
Told me as she was going to bed that as she'd wrapped them all herself the least I could do was to put them in the specified hiding place.

Promptly fell asleep on the couch and was woken this morning by a high pitched 6 year old shrieking about how Father Christmas has come early.

Mrs is fumin babes.
post edited by mouse - 2018/12/10 14:04:45
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4843
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 12:45:44 (permalink)

Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15485
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 13:04:40 (permalink)
amazing
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1699
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 13:15:54 (permalink)
Holy shit. Hahaha.
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6098
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 14:29:07 (permalink)
😂😂
gavinx
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/12/10 15:15:15 (permalink)
classic error! lol

what happened next, did you just have to let him open them? a six year old can't unsee presents!

i have a feeling you might be spending a few more nights on that sofa over the coming weeks...!
post edited by gavinx - 2018/12/10 15:57:18
Page: << < ..86 Showing page 86 of 86
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0