Helpful ReplyHot!The Dad Thread

Page: << < ..86 Showing page 86 of 86
Author
CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23615
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 18:25:56 (permalink)
Cheers guys. Been amazing having him after trying for a good few years.

Unfortunately however I had a bad fall the day I was supposed to be bringing them home and have badly twisted my knee and have been on crutches ever since (over two weeks now). A&E said I may have torn meniscus band but waiting on MRI scan results.

Missed bringing them home for the first time as was sat in A&E for five hours. Still haven't been able to drive and can't even take him out for a decent walk due to the injury.

Work said as I'm on pat leave/holiday I'll be able to take this as sick and get the other leave back so not all bad.

Hoping knee improves soon but there you go. Miss SD has done an amazing job of basically doing everything after big c section and me on crutches. 

DNBADMAN
  • Total Posts : 1244
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 19:19:06 (permalink)
gavinx
Snakey
4.5lbs sure puts my 10.5lb bruiser of a son into context.

All the best Gav, I look forward with interest to see how you continue to know all there is to know about all released media and manage 2 baby girls lol.

ha! thanks man. yeah, this is real concern...! will have to get a full-time live-in nanny

thanks everyone else too for all your kind words and advice x

what are mans saying about slings / carriers btw? few mates have recommended a baby bjorn, few others have got a ergo. bjorn looks to be about £45 but the ergo is at least double that. worth it?

Bjorn seemed to work. Saying that I just agreed to not be the bad person that refused the expense (why can't we just be like my parents and grandparents and just carry out baby etc)

Probably used it about 3 times.
Miss SD
  • Total Posts : 24917
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 19:48:53 (permalink)
Lrrr
Missed Caspar & Miss SD's little one, congrats guys! I'm guessing Miss SD has had about 6 min sleep in 2 weeks freaking out at every tiny noise 

Pretty much! 'Is he breathing' is probably my most used phrase over the last three weeks. The sleep deprivation is tough and not something you can prepare for. It's all worth it though obviously.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31034
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 20:15:58 (permalink)
Ah don’t worry I literally checked my daughters breath 10 times a night for the first 2 years.

She’s now the coolest person I’ve ever met, it’s all SO worth it.

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41727
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/16 21:06:20 (permalink)
Big up you two

Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 15982
Re: RE: The Dad Thread 2018/08/17 09:09:41 (permalink)
Lrrr
Ah don’t worry I literally checked my daughters breath 10 times a night for the first 2 years.

She’s now the coolest person I’ve ever met, it’s all SO worth it.

Page: << < ..86 Showing page 86 of 86
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0