Hot!Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?]

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 29
Author
X NATION
  • Total Posts : 59506
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 01:30:32 (permalink)
Yeah the first one is by far the best of all of them, it's dating much, much better than Aliens.
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3282
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 08:22:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: STIMPY

Yeah the first one is by far the best of all of them, it's dating much, much better than Aliens.

This. Plus it has John Hurt who as an absolute dappa

@ Godf - Don't bother with Alien 3, it's incredibly shit.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
ali3n
  • Total Posts : 8969
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 09:33:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Grade

I think everyone who is considering it to be an "Alien Prequel" or in any way related to the Alien franchise is going to be disappointed

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

When Ridley Scott says

I started to realise that there was something in the first of the Aliens that no one had ever asked the question about, and in the next three there was no exploration of that question, and I thought that could be the centre of what we’ve just completed. That said, that’s the only link to the original Alien. But in the last few minutes of the movie you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

I wonder if he's referring to the Space Jockey or to something else? Trying to think what other unanswered questions there could be...

I interpreted that as him saying something about space / science fiction themes rather than a specific reference to an ambiguous plotline in Alien. Who knows though.

Idris Elba (Stringer from the Wire) is in it as well so the cast at least looks very strong.

It could be that the film has nothing to do with aliens, more that it depicts the first mining journeys into deep space, maybe they meet beings from another planet and the film ends with some alien distress signal and the Space Jockey crashes into their planet..

X NATION
  • Total Posts : 59506
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 09:36:30 (permalink)
It could be anything we want it to be if we all just sit here guessing like a bunch of spengs.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14395
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 09:36:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Illusion

First official image from the film. Nothing special really, but it looks to be keeping in tone with the first film.

That definitely looks to be the same atmosphere as the planet in Alien.

I can't wait to see a trailer for this
sandmanJO3
  • Total Posts : 15341
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 09:46:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: The Rat

The problem with these films now is they/the studios are too afraid to make them dark, and try to make them too accessible, or at least they think, so they become watered down and ultimately shit. The potential for AvP was immense but it was utter shite. Look what happened when they didn't to Batman Begins. Hopefully they take a similar approach

True. The sad truth is the mainstream film producers don't want to make films aimed at adults any more, there's more money in the younger audiences so generally everything gets watered down.

• Total Posts : 187
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 09:58:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: sandmanJO3

The problem with these films now is they/the studios are too afraid to make them dark, and try to make them too accessible, or at least they think, so they become watered down and ultimately shit. The potential for AvP was immense but it was utter shite. Look what happened when they didn't to Batman Begins. Hopefully they take a similar approach

True. The sad truth is the mainstream film producers don't want to make films aimed at adults any more, there's more money in the younger audiences so generally everything gets watered down.

it cos you can get away with alot more in todays world, then release a 18cert directors cut a year later
sandmanJO3
  • Total Posts : 15341
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 10:15:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 1337

it cos you can get away with alot more in todays world, then release a 18cert directors cut a year later

Thats not the case for films like AvP though. No directors cut would ever save that piece of shit, the film was wank and wasn't ever intended to be scary, gory or interesting.

It was a boring turd, squeezed out for a brain dead PG13 target audience even when both of the original films it was drawing inspiration from were both 18+ horror/action films aimed at adults.

It wasn't an artistic or creative decision to make AvP like that, it was a market minded financial decision.
ajantis_art
  • Total Posts : 1336
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 10:20:33 (permalink)
so so hype about this film. stoked about scott returning to sci fi too, nuts to think he hasn't touched the genre since Blade Runner in 1982.
  • Total Posts : 187
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 10:20:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 1337

Thats not the case for films like AvP though. No directors cut would ever save that piece of shit, the film was wank and wasn't ever intended to be scary, gory or interesting.

It was a boring turd, squeezed out for a brain dead PG13 target audience even when both of the original films it was drawing inspiration from were both 18+ horror/action films aimed at adults.

It wasn't an artistic or creative decision to make AvP like that, it was a market minded financial decision.

all a directors cut would add to it is close ups and abit more detail on all the fighting and blood, probaly some extra clips for some extra violence in fight scenes,

the film is not soft like a old pg movie

same with king kong, 2003 is brutal
post edited by 1337 - 2011/07/27 10:23:02
Illusion
  • Total Posts : 4089
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/08/02 12:53:23 (permalink)
A trailer was shown at this years Comic-Con so I expect it will be online pretty soon. Here are some low-res images from it.

Izzz
  • Total Posts : 2448
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/08/02 12:59:28 (permalink)
Is it me or does the low res of those screenies make it look even more in comparison to the original Alien film. Ether way I'm having high hopes for this
Each
  • Total Posts : 2646
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/08/02 13:11:03 (permalink)
Dont know if its been mentioned in this thread but have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3etBNhqZtAc

discussing how the film was made with 3d in mind. rather than adding it as an extra. all the sets were built. only the "out of window" stuff was computer.
greenfrog
  • Total Posts : 4738
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 02:17:05 (permalink)
this will be big
Overlay
  • Total Posts : 17172
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 13:43:32 (permalink)
I hope it goes well.  Sadly, two words that don't bode too well are 'Robin Hood'.  
Warrior
  • Total Posts : 5237
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 13:54:54 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Razor

ORIGINAL: mrEQ

ORIGINAL: godf

ORIGINAL: ali3n

He's a way fucking lot bigger than 8ft from those screens

Yeah.  No way a suit would double someone's size.

Just watched Alien and Aliens with my g/f.  Should we go on with 3 and 4 or not bother?  I can't remember them.  Aliens was already a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one.

Really? Probably the first time I've ever heard that. Deffo give Alien3 a go, both versions if possible but Alien Resurrection you could probably leave.

I'd never watched any of them properly until recently and i thought Alien was absolutely brilliant but Aliens was pretty average, they turned a highly atmospheric film into an action film which was the wrong move imo, still haven't bothered with the others after that.

There is still some tense scenes in Aliens, like when Ripley and Newt are trapped in the lab with the face hugger although Newt's annoying screechy voice does do it's best to ruin that scene but yeah it's generally not as good.

Alien 3 is worth a watch - first time I watched it was disappointed but watching it again with a bit more of an open mind it's actually pretty good
Autograff
  • Total Posts : 11766
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 14:07:33 (permalink)
Original 3 are great , ressurection , not so much.

Trailer for Prometheus :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

Sick , everything sick.
LOSTBOY
  • Total Posts : 592
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 14:17:41 (permalink)
Trailer made me do a sex wee
Mighty Wighty
  • Total Posts : 6923
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 14:38:26 (permalink)
Looks immense from that trailer.
LOSTBOY
  • Total Posts : 592
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 14:46:29 (permalink)

This could be bullshit, but I pulled this from a film site;

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God’s home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.
As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.
On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission. Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

yeah, its been confirmed as bullshit
post edited by LOSTBOY - 2011/12/23 15:03:47
Hype Man
  • Total Posts : 2209
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 14:52:13 (permalink)
trailer is spectacular, finally this franchise seems to be heading back in the right direction.

seems to have kept everything that made the first one so great, without giving to much away in the advert.
just hope its not exactly the same formula as the first one, dodgey distress signal, land, funny chambers, urns with monster, monster in body, body in toilet.
Mod X
  • Total Posts : 26846
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:01:43 (permalink)
It definitely has some link to Alien because the way the title came up on the screen in the trailer is the same as Alien.
BomDigiDigi
  • Total Posts : 1604
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:12:00 (permalink)
The new reinterpretation of the thing was quite good and not too far off the first ones mark. Lets hope they do it like that. 
Autograff
  • Total Posts : 11766
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:13:02 (permalink)
Space Jockey pops up in trailer , def related to Xenomorphs in some way
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21003
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:13:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod X

It definitely has some link to Alien because the way the title came up on the screen in the trailer is the same as Alien.

100%. The Space Jockey and his ship are briefly in that trailer too..
djsnear
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:14:40 (permalink)
Can't wait for this ! Trailer looks wicked
Hype Man
  • Total Posts : 2209
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 15:47:30 (permalink)
sure ive read somewhere as well that we actually see the jockeys in the film, plus the xenomorph or whatever the monster is in this, is meant to be much much bigger than we've seen before as i think it has spawned from the jockey.

hence why in the first one the space jockey has had its chest blown out. maybe this is where the queen comes from..i dont know, but its going to be big!
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11351
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 16:03:17 (permalink)
I thought it was orginally a prequel? Isn't that common knowledge?
DEEVS
  • Total Posts : 29270
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 16:51:54 (permalink)
Trailer looks amazing

Please don't flop!!!!

GAME OVER MAN!!!
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7034
RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/12/23 17:11:31 (permalink)
looks incredible...love the sound in the trailer and the alien-esque typography

this and batman make next summer a real return to the decent 'event' blockbusters we grew up with

ridley scott has said that there are 100% no xenomorphs in this though, don't think it's going to be a monster movie in any way actually

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 29
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0