Hot!Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?]

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 29
Author
greenfrog
  • Total Posts : 4738
2011/07/26 12:58:02 (permalink)

Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?]

ridley scott's new film, was originally supposed to be a prequel to alien, i have high hopes for this

edit:

One of the most intriguing scenes in the movie Alien (1979) is that creature sitting in some kind of chair overlooking all the alien eggs. Here's a possible explanation of who it its. While its just a possibility it would be a cool story for the movie.

Rumors of Prometheus plot revealed?
Someone commenting on movie website Starseeker's Prometheus page claimed to have been in touch with "a guy who is working on the set of Prometheus" and revealed some details of the plot. Quite a few websites have already posted this story over the weekend, but I've been a bit hesitant as the source is unknown and it smells a little fishy to me.
I've decided to give in and post the story but please, as I'm sure you all know by now, take it all with a large grain of salt. It seems more or less like a speculative summary of all the other rumors we've heard so far.

The original post from Starseekers:
"I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i’m guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.
The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?
He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber."

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/
post edited by greenfrog - 2011/07/26 12:59:53

844 Replies Related Threads

daddyTEA
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 13:14:52 (permalink)
    cannot fucking wait. aliens is the greatest film of all time
    EscapeGoat
    • Total Posts : 4041
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 13:18:36 (permalink)

So they're bringing that thing to life then? Sounds gay to me.
    greenfrog
    • Total Posts : 4738
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 13:20:49 (permalink)
    the "space jockey" from alien

Eazyflow
    • Total Posts : 3279
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 13:23:35 (permalink)
    Ridley Scott's involvment brings a glimmer of hope, but I have a horrible feeling it's going to be yet another nail in the coffin of the Aliens franchise credibility

Treating this with a massive dose of cynicism.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
    EscapeGoat
    • Total Posts : 4041
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 13:24:22 (permalink)
    Whoever he was, I reckon he was an all round top bloke. It could be like Mac and me, but with a slightly bigger Mac.
    Postman Pat
    • Total Posts : 14394
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 15:02:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: greenfrog

ridley scott's new film, was originally supposed to be a prequel to alien, i have high hopes for this

edit:

One of the most intriguing scenes in the movie Alien (1979) is that creature sitting in some kind of chair overlooking all the alien eggs. Here's a possible explanation of who it its. While its just a possibility it would be a cool story for the movie.

Rumors of Prometheus plot revealed?
    Someone commenting on movie website Starseeker's Prometheus page claimed to have been in touch with "a guy who is working on the set of Prometheus" and revealed some details of the plot. Quite a few websites have already posted this story over the weekend, but I've been a bit hesitant as the source is unknown and it smells a little fishy to me.
    I've decided to give in and post the story but please, as I'm sure you all know by now, take it all with a large grain of salt. It seems more or less like a speculative summary of all the other rumors we've heard so far.

The original post from Starseekers:
    "I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i’m guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.
    The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?
    He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber."

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/

I think that the guy who posted that story is bullshitting tbh.

Read this http://blog.onthebox.com/2011/07/25/ridley-scott-talks-prometheus/
    X NATION
    • Total Posts : 59502
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 15:36:17 (permalink)
    It sounds very promising in that last link.
    Me_Kick_Out_Teet
    • Total Posts : 20902
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 15:43:00 (permalink)
    Looking well forward to this...
    .Exit
    • Total Posts : 2052
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 16:40:55 (permalink)
    Ridley Scott and the cast he's got for it is a good sign it'll turn out to be decent. I'm looking forward to it anyway.
    gavinx
    • Total Posts : 6819
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 16:44:52 (permalink)
    the cast is unreal!
    sandmanJO3
    • Total Posts : 15341
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 17:28:45 (permalink)
    "What I want to do is scare the living shit out of you" i sure hope so
    Mod X
    • Total Posts : 26845
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 17:46:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: STIMPY

Except for the PG13 talk.
    Illusion
    • Total Posts : 4089
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 18:18:55 (permalink)

First official image from the film. Nothing special really, but it looks to be keeping in tone with the first film.
    MR.EQ
    • Total Posts : 17044
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 18:44:13 (permalink)
    Well excited!

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
    Mighty Wighty
    • Total Posts : 6902
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 18:59:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mod X

Yep, factor in the shitty CGI too and it loses all its appeal. Set to be another Terminator esque abomination.

18 w/ puppets or stfu.
    Izzz
    • Total Posts : 2448
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 19:11:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod X

Seems that they're going to make two versions on PG13 and one R Rated.

Eric Vespe (aka. Quint) from Ain't It Cool News just tweeted:
    "Prometheus is being shot for a PG-13 cut and an R-rated cut. Final decision will be made by Scott and Rothman after watching both"
    Hype Man
    • Total Posts : 2209
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 19:21:31 (permalink)

i read this elsewhere, probably BS but the idea sounds wicked.
    does anyone know if this is still going to be 2 movies or is it now only 1??

Archaeological digs in Africa reveals alien artifacts that proves
    humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space
    jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make
    it habitable for their human creations.
    Amongst the finds are coordinates to the Alien Gods' home-world.
    To Paradise.
    Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his
    crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than
    light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli
    star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported
    further into space to a scary yet fascinating world.
    The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to
    reach such levels of intelligence.
    As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based
    technologies with the humans.
    But for one member of the Prometheus' crew it's not enough.
    In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming,
    A technology at the origin of all Gods' powers, that could make humans
    equal to their creators.
    The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors,
    destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals.
    They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a
    creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something
    goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon
    against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed
    of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of
    Paradise.
    What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed alien planet.
    On their trail a survivor Alien God on a familiar ship with an
    ultimate mission.
    Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.
    theGrimey
    • Total Posts : 37730
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 19:37:21 (permalink)
    I watched Terminator 3 for the first time the other day when it was on TV, not sure I was prepared for that big a letdown. I couldn't let this happen with Aliens too
    ali3n
    • Total Posts : 8969
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 19:40:43 (permalink)
    He's a way fucking lot bigger than 8ft from those screens

godf
    • Total Posts : 4820
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 19:56:57 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ali3n

Yeah.  No way a suit would double someone's size.

Just watched Alien and Aliens with my g/f.  Should we go on with 3 and 4 or not bother?  I can't remember them.  Aliens was already a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one.
    DEEVS
    • Total Posts : 29270
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 20:41:20 (permalink)
    Leave it at aliens and alien

If you have to, watch alien 3 as it kind of ends/wraps up the trilogy but could have been so much more

Don't watch 4 there is no place for it and it's complete irrelevant shit

GAME OVER MAN!!!
    Postman Pat
    • Total Posts : 14394
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 20:50:03 (permalink)
    When Ridley Scott says

I started to realise that there was something in the first of the Aliens that no one had ever asked the question about, and in the next three there was no exploration of that question, and I thought that could be the centre of what we’ve just completed. That said, that’s the only link to the original Alien. But in the last few minutes of the movie you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

I wonder if he's referring to the Space Jockey or to something else? Trying to think what other unanswered questions there could be...
    Mod X
    • Total Posts : 26845
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 21:31:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: godf

Just watched Alien and Aliens with my g/f.  Should we go on with 3 and 4 or not bother?  I can't remember them.  Aliens was already a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one.

Alien is brilliant, Aliens is brilliant but different in feel, Alien3 I think I've only watched once but opinions seem to be split on it as to whether it's great or pants, Alien Resurrection I think I've seen once and can't remember anything of so...

I don't remember any of them being as rubbish as the AVP films though.
    The Rat
    • Total Posts : 44465
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 21:34:40 (permalink)
    The problem with these films now is they/the studios are too afraid to make them dark, and try to make them too accessible, or at least they think, so they become watered down and ultimately shit. The potential for AvP was immense but it was utter shite. Look what happened when they didn't to Batman Begins. Hopefully they take a similar approach
    X NATION
    • Total Posts : 59502
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 21:36:08 (permalink)

It's implying the actor is about 8 foot tall, not the character.
    MR.EQ
    • Total Posts : 17044
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 22:03:42 (permalink)

Really? Probably the first time I've ever heard that. Deffo give Alien3 a go, both versions if possible but Alien Resurrection you could probably leave.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
    Grade
    • Total Posts : 18014
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/26 23:56:46 (permalink)
    I think everyone who is considering it to be an "Alien Prequel" or in any way related to the Alien franchise is going to be disappointed

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

When Ridley Scott says

I started to realise that there was something in the first of the Aliens that no one had ever asked the question about, and in the next three there was no exploration of that question, and I thought that could be the centre of what we’ve just completed. That said, that’s the only link to the original Alien. But in the last few minutes of the movie you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

I wonder if he's referring to the Space Jockey or to something else? Trying to think what other unanswered questions there could be...

I interpreted that as him saying something about space / science fiction themes rather than a specific reference to an ambiguous plotline in Alien. Who knows though.

Idris Elba (Stringer from the Wire) is in it as well so the cast at least looks very strong.

FixBeat
    • Total Posts : 13913
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 00:22:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

When Ridley Scott says

pre production he said in an interview that the original idea for this movie was to delve into the space jockey's story, so hopefully that hasn't completely changed. i do look forward to this film though. i'm at a loss to think how he can 'scare the shit out of us' with a PG though. maybe he's just going to play random really really loud sounds during the film.
    RAYZA
    • Total Posts : 91006
    RE: Prometheus [FILM] [Alien prequel?] 2011/07/27 00:25:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mrEQ

Really? Probably the first time I've ever heard that. Deffo give Alien3 a go, both versions if possible but Alien Resurrection you could probably leave.

I'd never watched any of them properly until recently and i thought Alien was absolutely brilliant but Aliens was pretty average, they turned a highly atmospheric film into an action film which was the wrong move imo, still haven't bothered with the others after that.
    post edited by Razor - 2011/07/27 00:29:10
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 29
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0