Helpful ReplyHot!VEGANS

Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 6 of 8
Author
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 15:55:54 (permalink)
Joey Gunz
wakeytom
I have one mate who is Vegan and other than having a sensible conversation over a pint (actually when I bring it up) he doesnt do any of the forced stuff - he chose to do it due to animal cruelty

Its not something I feel I can or want to do myself, I come from a farming bloodline and although I know factory farms are different - small local farms that sell milk to the likes of Tescos M&S etc treat animals better than we often treat other humans. Thats before the feeling I am destroying family members livelihood by not using a product for which they are part of the chain (I realise a million times removed when I buy from shops)

Nah.

Why not?
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4087
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 19:01:06 (permalink)
Subsurface
How is it even possible to be a fat vegan?

Not sure if serious.

Captain Diabetes
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 19:03:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whitey 2017/10/03 01:50:56
i think i read somewhere that cows like being killed
H. H. Holmes
  • Total Posts : 2826
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 19:08:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby DJaySwitch 2017/10/02 23:22:45
Just tucking into some homemade chicken & rabbit liver paté and it is fucking banging hth
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15204
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 19:41:33 (permalink)
Rapt
Subsurface

Not sure if serious.

Rhetorical comment more than anything. Of course it's possible, I'm just surprised people are able/compelled to do it. I suppose veganism is plagued with processed food like any other diet these days. When I was growing up veggie as a kid, with some exceptions, processed high calorie vegan food just didn't really exist.
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11077
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 23:13:42 (permalink)
Pretty easy to be a fat vegan imo, I fucking love chips and crisps. Going vegetarian doesn't help me lose weight, but giving up crisps/sweets and shit like that does.
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7517
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 23:28:16 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Subsurface

Yeah I struggle to get my head round this. Unless you're eating spoons full of coconut oil for dinner.

Fat in food doesn't equal you actually getting fat. A high refined carb intake will however.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
Subsurface
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/02 23:40:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whagwan 2017/10/03 13:32:25
Any high calorie diet will.
Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 15767
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 09:26:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2017/10/03 10:04:01
wakeytom
Joey Gunz
wakeytom
I have one mate who is Vegan and other than having a sensible conversation over a pint (actually when I bring it up) he doesnt do any of the forced stuff - he chose to do it due to animal cruelty

Its not something I feel I can or want to do myself, I come from a farming bloodline and although I know factory farms are different - small local farms that sell milk to the likes of Tescos M&S etc treat animals better than we often treat other humans. Thats before the feeling I am destroying family members livelihood by not using a product for which they are part of the chain (I realise a million times removed when I buy from shops)

Nah.

Why not?

They still bang em in the rape rack, whack a hand up there and artificialy inseminate them then when they give birth they drag the calf off to the hutch away from its mother, repeat process until the cow's knackered and off it.

Can live without dairy to save some poor cow going through all that myself.

End of the day your half inching a calf's milk off it's mother, no two ways around it.
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1299
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 09:43:19 (permalink)
not to mention that with each gulp youre also drinking pus and blood, hence pasteurisation. even worse is people that drink raw. utter filth
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21016
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 09:53:30 (permalink)
Arcadian
not to mention that with each gulp youre also drinking pus and blood, hence pasteurisation. even worse is people that drink raw. utter filth

I only use milk for tea these days and I've recently converted to organic, high welfare, unhomogenised milk. (It's still pasteurised though). Not sure I could manage the raw stuff

dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4773
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 10:30:35 (permalink)
Almond milk is alright in most things. Bit shit in tea though admittedly.
MalcolmTucker
  • Total Posts : 1093
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 10:37:13 (permalink)
I eat cereal every weekday and have tried several milk substitutes but all have been disgusting.
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16370
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 10:38:39 (permalink)
I have these Huel shakes twice a day then either a nice lunch or dinner which usually has meat it in. Couldn't be fucked spending too much money grabbing breakfast/lunch on the go in London from Pret etc

Been trying to cut down on meat for years but I find it too hard. Even if I get a prepacked sandwich or something I reach for the meat ones because the alternatives are not only fewer but not inspiring. Huel at least is vegan and nutritious

Feel better and less guilty now. Not fully cut away meat but it's a start
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 10:39:11 (permalink)
simon.r
Almond milk is alright in most things. Bit shit in tea though admittedly.

Is that home made as almond milk which is mass produced is not exactly good for you
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21016
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 12:39:46 (permalink)
Yeah I tried almond milk for a while. As a drink on its own it's alright and it's not too bad on weetabix but in tea or coffee it's crap.

dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4773
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 12:53:59 (permalink)
I think overnight oats are nicer with it than actual milk. Made my mash a bit unpleasantly nutty as well.

In fairness if I committed to not using dairy I'd probably just drink tea black. Loads of brews are meant to be drank that way anyway.
Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 15767
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 13:56:05 (permalink)
or try out a few non dairy milks and find one you like.
Oatly barista gets raved about, a lot of people like soy milk I found KOKO original and rate it so use that in my tea and everything else.
Mrs drinks quite a bit of the Oatly chocolate milk or the almond dark chocolate one, KOKO do little lunchbox cartons of chocolate milk too.
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35871
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 14:47:02 (permalink)
I'm trying to make the shift from vegetarian to vegan but I'm not finding it easy. I dropped drinking milk and having milk on my cereal around six months ago but cutting dairy out entirely is proving tricky.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but anyone looking for a milk replacement would do well to try Alpro coconut milk. It's delicious, only a hint of coconut and somehow manages to really taste creamy. Their chocolate flavour is off the hook as well.

I could do with some vegan cheese recommendations.
post edited by IKOS - 2017/10/03 14:49:20
Subsurface
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 14:53:54 (permalink)
Cheese, everything cheese. That's a simple reason why I could never go vegan.
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22458
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:00:35 (permalink)
I respect vegans more than veggies as at least they aren't in denial about dairy.

IKOS
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:01:06 (permalink)
Subsurface

Yeah it's mad that I jogged burgers and steak on over night but the thought of a life without a good mature cheddar seems too bleak to manage. A couple of months without any then a good fake will do it hopefully.
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11729
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:01:17 (permalink)
Subsurface

And the fact it seems to be really, really good for you

https://theskepticalcardi...fat-and-heart-disease/

IKOS
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:02:13 (permalink)
Whagwan
I respect vegans more than veggies as at least they aren't in denial about dairy.

Standard.
Subsurface
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:15:08 (permalink)
Actually, it is possible to eat dairy without harming cattle. I'm not even a veggie anymore, so I have no axe to grind. But just sayin'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news...eicestershire-40445883
IKOS
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:28:16 (permalink)
Subsurface
I'm not even a veggie anymore

What happened man?
Subsurface
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 15:39:21 (permalink)
IKOS
Subsurface
I'm not even a veggie anymore

What happened man?

Long story, but basically split with my ex and started going out a lot. Going out to decent burger restaurants with mates cracked me tbh.

I probably will go veggie again at some point, but at the moment it's just not really on my mind.
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1258
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 16:28:48 (permalink)
Subsurface
Actually, it is possible to eat dairy without harming cattle. I'm not even a veggie anymore, so I have no axe to grind. But just sayin'

Bruh, do you even know how dairy is produced? Joey explained it above. Unless you're a baby cow you have no business drinking cow's milk IMO.

Been trying out different tempeh recipes recently. For anyone who thinks they'd struggle without a 'meat texture' in their life, this is a tastier substitute (if prepared correctly).
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1258
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 16:30:46 (permalink)
IKOS
Subsurface

Yeah it's mad that I jogged burgers and steak on over night but the thought of a life without a good mature cheddar seems too bleak to manage. A couple of months without any then a good fake will do it hopefully.

Vegan cheese still has a long way to go. Though I did have some mozarella imitation on a pizza recently that was banging. The imitations are getting better and better over time. 
Subsurface
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/10/03 16:37:36 (permalink)
DasItMane
Subsurface

Bruh, do you even know how dairy is produced? Joey explained it above. Unless you're a baby cow you have no business drinking cow's milk IMO.

Well if you read the article, you'd see that the practices of that particular dairy are nothing like that of typical production.

And the latter part of your statement. Well, that's debatable.
Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 6 of 8
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0