Helpful ReplyHot!VEGANS

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
boomhauer
  • Total Posts : 4713
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 18:44:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Zint

ORIGINAL: boomhauer

ORIGINAL: SenorSplooogle

(which they can indulge, lets not forget, due to a pampered western standard of living)

This is a commonly missed point.

BS, meat is a luxery in the none developed world. like it used to be for us up until the 50/60's meat wasnt eaten 3 times a day as it is for some now.

western standards of living allows them to eat meat subs like quorn (rank). if you just lived on veggies and pulses it would be cheap and you would go to the toilet often.

How is it bullshit?
You could not be a vegan in a desperately poor part of the world. You might eat like one for a week at a time, but it wouldn't be by choice.
SenorSplooogle
  • Total Posts : 1694
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 18:45:28 (permalink)
I think you two geniuses are actually agreeing with each other.
boomhauer
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 18:47:42 (permalink)
I disagree.
Zint
  • Total Posts : 16580
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 18:51:40 (permalink)

(which they can indulge, lets not forget, due to a pampered western standard of living)

BS, meat is a luxery in the none developed world. like it used to be for us up until the 50/60's meat wasnt eaten 3 times a day as it is for some now.

western standards of living allows them to eat meat subs like quorn (rank). if you just lived on veggies and pulses it would be cheap and you would go to the toilet often.

How is it bullshit?
You could not be a vegan in a desperately poor part of the world. You might eat like one for a week at a time, but it wouldn't be by choice.

you clearly havent lived much.

obviously living in the sahara or somewhere being a vegan is not really practical and in most 'desperately' poor parts of the world meat is not consumed daily because they cant afford it. thus they live the majority of the year without animal products they live on rice generally, i would say being a vegan would be pretty easy in most of asia. rice, veg and soy/chilli sauce lol.
Invision
  • Total Posts : 20353
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 18:57:05 (permalink)
CHINESE PEOPLE CAN EASY BE VEGGIES COS THEY ALL EAT BAMBOO INNIT
Zint
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 19:14:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Invision

CHINESE PEOPLE CAN EASY BE VEGGIES COS THEY ALL EAT BAMBOO INNIT

i didnt know this, i thought it was just used for scaffolding and pandas.

i was thinking more your indians and gooks rather than the chinks and zipperheads anyway.
SenorSplooogle
  • Total Posts : 1694
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 19:29:51 (permalink)
I don't think it's fair to conflate third world malnutrition with first world diet fads, in fact it links in with the point I was making.

And i was under the impression that gooks, chinks and zipperheads were interchangable names for our narrow eyed yellow cousins? Do I need to recalibrate my racism compass?
DwightSchrute
  • Total Posts : 31
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 19:43:51 (permalink)
The more animals suffer before they are killed, the better they taste.

Zint
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 19:54:33 (permalink)

I don't think it's fair to conflate third world malnutrition with first world diet fads, in fact it links in with the point I was making.

And i was under the impression that gooks, chinks and zipperheads were interchangable names for our narrow eyed yellow cousins? Do I need to recalibrate my racism compass?

i havent spoken about malnutrition, i have spoken about the economic and religious reasons for vegi's and vegans in the developing world. just because you dont eat meat or animal products doesnt make you malnurished.

anyway the point i was responding to is that vegi's and vegans are not just confined to the developed world let alone because we are industrialised.

i tend to try and seperate my racial slurs. i mean i would be offended if some chinese bloke called me a whop or a krout. i tend to think of gooks as being from Vietnam, Cambodia, Loas etc South East Asia, Zipperheads are your Koreans, Nips your Japs etc etc. i will outline it all with a pop out map in Mein Kampf for the 21st Century.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41038
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 20:07:04 (permalink)
Each is such a spastic.

Brown cows make chocolate milk.

BsA
  • Total Posts : 68
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/09 20:12:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Majik

Each is such a spastic.

Brown cows make chocolate milk.

boomhauer
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 02:44:04 (permalink)

How is it bullshit?

obviously living in the sahara or somewhere being a vegan is not really practical and in most 'desperately' poor parts of the world meat is not consumed daily because they cant afford it. thus they live the majority of the year without animal products they live on rice generally, i would say being a vegan would be pretty easy in most of asia. rice, veg and soy/chilli sauce lol.

you've missed the point.
A vegan diet wouldn't be out of choice. When there is meat or dairy products on the table every so often, you would take it. The original point made by SenorS was its because any food is readily available to us here that we can pick and choose while most don't have that range of choice.

"Clearly haven't lived much"? A bit harsh.
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35871
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 03:51:08 (permalink)
For the record, I'm a vegetarian, i don't eat sea food or meat, but its a stone cold fact animals killing other animals for food is perfectly natural, i have no problem with it. The only thing that vexes me is the way stock gets treated when it checks out. Anyway, vegans are trying to hard imo.
Scotteo
  • Total Posts : 6225
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 08:57:17 (permalink)
If we were all vegans, animals would rule the world. I therefore take it upon myself to make sure this doesn't happen.
DwightSchrute
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 13:34:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: IKOS

Anyway, vegans are trying to hard imo.

Wise man say - do or do not, there is no 'try'.

Learn to spell btw.
Zint
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 13:45:54 (permalink)

How is it bullshit?

you've missed the point.
A vegan diet wouldn't be out of choice. When there is meat or dairy products on the table every so often, you would take it. The original point made by SenorS was its because any food is readily available to us here that we can pick and choose while most don't have that range of choice.

"Clearly haven't lived much"? A bit harsh.

unless your a hindu, buddist or jain then it would be out of choice and easy even tho they are in the developing world.
DwightSchrute
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 13:52:44 (permalink)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The China Study is a 2005 book by T. Colin Campbell, Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and one of the directors of the China Project, and his son, Thomas M. Campbell II.[1] The book examines the relationship between the consumption of animal products and illnesses such as cancers of the breast, prostate, and large bowel, diabetes, coronary heart disease, obesity, autoimmune disease, osteoporosis, degenerative brain disease, and macular degeneration.[2]

The authors conclude that people who eat a whole plant food/vegan diet, which avoids animal proteins such as beef, poultry, eggs, fish, and milk, will minimize or reverse the development of chronic diseases. They also recommend adequate amounts of sunshine to maintain sufficient levels of Vitamin D and dietary supplements of vitamin B12 in case of complete avoidance of animal products. They criticize low-carb diets, such as the Atkins diet, which include restrictions on the percentage of calories derived from complex carbohydrates.

Go Meat!!!
BsA
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 20:15:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DwightSchrute

The more animals suffer before they are killed, the better they taste.

Now THAT's a cuntish comment.
BsA
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 20:17:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DwightSchrute

The authors conclude that people who eat a whole plant food/vegan diet, which avoids animal proteins such as beef, poultry, eggs, fish, and milk, will minimize or reverse the development of chronic diseases. They also recommend adequate amounts of sunshine to maintain sufficient levels of Vitamin D and dietary supplements of vitamin B12 in case of complete avoidance of animal products. They criticize low-carb diets, such as the Atkins diet, which include restrictions on the percentage of calories derived from complex carbohydrates.

Go Meat!!!

WTF??? You're contradicting yourself.
DwightSchrute
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/10 20:19:15 (permalink)
Irony is a dish best served warm.
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 24801
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/11 09:31:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: BsA
I'm veggie, can't quite give up the old "dairy-shit" but would if there was a decent alternative to cows milk. To me, Soya milk is just fucking vile.

Some alternatives to Cows Milk are Lactofree or Rice Dream, both taste pretty similar to the real thing IMO - I'm not a veggie just run a show related to food intolerance so i have tried most products in this space. I didn't think Provamel was too bad as a Soya Milk although Alpro Soya produced by the same company is pretty rank.

Two other worth considering are Kara Dairy free, that's a Coconut Nut, its Marmite though, you only love or hate it. The other which I thought was surprisingly good was Good Hemp which is a Dairy and Soya alternative: http://www.goodwebsite.co.uk/Good-Hemp-Milk.php
Scotteo
  • Total Posts : 6225
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/11 09:37:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: frizzyd

I'm veggie, can't quite give up the old "dairy-shit" but would if there was a decent alternative to cows milk. To me, Soya milk is just fucking vile.

Some alternatives to Cows Milk are Lactofree or Rice Dream, both taste pretty similar to the real thing IMO - I'm not a veggie just run a show related to food intolerance so i have tried most products in this space. I didn't think Provamel was too bad as a Soya Milk although Alpro Soya produced by the same company is pretty rank.

Two other worth considering are Kara Dairy free, that's a Coconut Nut, its Marmite though, you only love or hate it. The other which I thought was surprisingly good was Good Hemp which is a Dairy and Soya alternative: http://www.goodwebsite.co.uk/Good-Hemp-Milk.php

Usually have a carton of this in the fridge for my cats as normal milk gives them the shits. It's good for those mornings when you run out of milk as it tastes pretty damn similar but I'm sure it's just normal cows milk with something in it to break down the lactose.

Soya milk tastes like rotten shit. Accidently got a carton of chocolate soya milk when I was younger, the subsequent disapointment has turned me into the man I am today.
BsA
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/11 19:56:59 (permalink)

Two other worth considering are Kara Dairy free, that's a Coconut Nut, its Marmite though, you only love or hate it.

I'll try the others, cheers. MARMITE. Love the stuff. It's good for veggies/vegans too - full of vit B12
boomhauer
RE: VEGANS 2011/05/11 20:59:29 (permalink)

, its Marmite though, you only love or hate it.

marmaite is meh imo.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21754
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 09:40:35 (permalink)
Is Binar the only vegan on this forum?

After seeing so many of these Netflix documentaries, I'm still trying to stick to a plant based diet (with a small bit of dairy thrown in) - but then I'll have a mad week and binge on meaty goodness. Then regret it.

Anyway, these are pretty eye opening:

https://www.netflix.com/lv/title/80174177

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70108783

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80142016

RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11972
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 09:47:49 (permalink)
My sister was banging on about that film yesterday. 

I'm in awe of people like Venus Williams who can maintain such a banging body- at her age- on fucking fruit and veg. How is it possible?

Her khazi must be made of steel, vegans who are trying for hypertrophy must tuck away wheelbarrows of grub. I struggle to eat a gram of protein per pound even with the help of meat and dairy

Booberella
  • Total Posts : 12444
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 09:52:38 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Is Binar the only vegan on this forum?

After seeing so many of these Netflix documentaries, I'm still trying to stick to a plant based diet (with a small bit of dairy thrown in) - but then I'll have a mad week and binge on meaty goodness. Then regret it.

Anyway, these are pretty eye opening:

https://www.netflix.com/lv/title/80174177

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70108783

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80142016

The Simon Amstell mockumentary 'Carnage' delivers the vegan message in a non-smug way. I think the smugness is the hardest thing to get past.

I will eventually become vegan, I feel it needs a lot of initial concentration however.
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7597
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 09:57:39 (permalink)
I could never do it. I get so much pleasure from meat based dinners, veg only diet....nah. Can you imagine not being able to eat a delicious slow roasted joint of pork with crackling and some amazing meat juice gravy. I cant fathom it tbh lol.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11972
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 09:59:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mulla 2017/10/03 11:50:28
It's the industrialisation of meat production that is problematic for me- it suggests a "legitimate" holocaust of animals, many of which won't even be eaten. The numbers are fucking mad. I heard something like the amount of pigs that are killed every year would go to the Moon and back three times if placed nose to tail. 

We don't need to eat so many animals, and we need to eat more of what we do kill- bones, offal, the lot

Autograff
  • Total Posts : 11772
Re: RE: VEGANS 2017/09/29 10:02:16 (permalink)
I intend to go vegan eventually, got a load of friends who are and none of them are smug or aggressive about it luckily. I already try to eat vegetarian or vegan at least 4 days a week. It'll be hard but worth it. 
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0