Helpful ReplyHot!Blade Runner 2

Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Author
Ronald Wardo
  • Total Posts : 4279
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/16 20:44:44 (permalink)
Ryan Gosling lives a depressed Edward Norton in Fight Club style life, only it's the future so he buys an alluring slavette hologram to wank over.

He has some Rosebud moment about a wooden horse and deludes himself that he is the chosen-one robot to finally change the world.

He goes to meet his potential estranged dad who is Harrison Ford but realises he's a complete disappointment.

Some one-eyed replicant madam tells Gosling he's not actually the chosen one and proceeds to radicalise him into her freedom army: "Dying for the right cause. It's the most human thing we can do."

Ryan Gosling goes back to kill Sophie from Peep Show and reunites Harrison Ford with his actual daughter who is really innocent looking and lives in a bubble eating member berries.
post edited by Ronald Wardo - 2017/10/16 20:51:20
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 90950
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/16 20:49:44 (permalink)
Well done for getting the plot m80.

They aren't robots btw.
Ronald Wardo
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/16 20:58:43 (permalink)
Replicants are like any other machine.
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4695
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/16 23:05:51 (permalink)
just seen another couple of heathens on foxestalk moaning about it being too long, slow pacing, bla bla bla

just fuck off and die
RAYZA
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/16 23:56:30 (permalink)

Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3033
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 07:26:22 (permalink)
If I was going to be critical of the film it's that this wasn't as emotional as the first. BL1 managed to make the replicants more human (vulnerable, scared) than the humans (callous, uncaring - Dekkard's boss as a good example). The replicants were the bad guys, and yet you view them with sympathy, particularly after Roy values Dekkard's life enough to save him.
The moral ambiguities were there in the sequel but very subtle. Maybe Gosling wasn't the right choice. If he'd bled out on the stairs at the end I wouldn't have been that upset. I should've been more upset when the smoking hot hologram was stomped on, but Gosling's affection for her was too understated.
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22456
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 07:54:22 (permalink)
I really fancy the hologram.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6817
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 08:34:27 (permalink)
Duderonomy
If I was going to be critical of the film it's that this wasn't as emotional as the first. BL1 managed to make the replicants more human (vulnerable, scared) than the humans (callous, uncaring - Dekkard's boss as a good example). The replicants were the bad guys, and yet you view them with sympathy, particularly after Roy values Dekkard's life enough to save him.
The moral ambiguities were there in the sequel but very subtle. Maybe Gosling wasn't the right choice. If he'd bled out on the stairs at the end I wouldn't have been that upset. I should've been more upset when the smoking hot hologram was stomped on, but Gosling's affection for her was too understated.

this is a good post. the replicants in the first film definitely feel like a metaphor for minorities being hunted down and exterminated at the time around the world... i find them all very sympathetic characters, which is why i think the bad girl in BR2049 being very one-note was a bit disappointing. i actually think leto's character was more interesting, and it's a shame he's only in two scenes

i still think gosling was the perfect choice though
Ronald Wardo
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 13:00:22 (permalink)
Gavin I read one critic say

"Watching Ford and Gosling onscreen together suggests an evolution of masculinity within the films"

Why do you think Gosling is the perfect choice to play the lead in these modern times?
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22456
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 13:54:53 (permalink)
Because he has the look of someone stuck in existential angst over whether they have left the oven on or not, summing up the confusion we all feel in the modern world.
Ronald Wardo
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 14:34:52 (permalink)
:D
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6817
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 16:27:04 (permalink)
Ronald Wardo
Gavin I read one critic say

"Watching Ford and Gosling onscreen together suggests an evolution of masculinity within the films"

Why do you think Gosling is the perfect choice to play the lead in these modern times?

It’s an interesting comment, not sure I’d read that much into it though. Masculinity isn’t really a major theme I pick up on across the films... humanity, sentience, etc is obviously much more of the focus

I don’t think Gosling is perfect because he’s a softer, more ‘modern’ man, just that he has that glacial, emotionless thing down pat
RAYZA
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 17:36:05 (permalink)
SPOILERS

I don't recommend sitting in the 4th row at the BFI IMAX, my neck is fucking agony right now.

I enjoyed it even more the second time. The first half of the film was absolutely perfect, dark and rainy with an atmosphere and tone that matched the first, i would have preferred they kept that tone for the second half. I agree that the one thing the film misses is emotion, other than Deckard talking about Rachel and K dying there weren't many moments that gave me the feels whereas the Roy Batty final scene gives me turbo feels every single time and always will. The emotional bits in 2049 didn't hit anywhere near as hard.

Looking forward to watching it on 4K blu ray, you miss so much detail watching it in the cinema, those sweeping city scenes are just a blurry mess even on the best screen in the country, they will look great on a tv.

I wish we had dolby vision cinemas here, they will be much better than an imax.
post edited by RAYZA - 2017/10/17 17:43:48
RAYZA
Re: Blade Runner 2 2017/10/17 17:56:49 (permalink)

best track from the new film other than Tears in Rain imo
Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0