Helpful ReplyHot!Recommend a Podcast

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1534
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/14 22:47:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Will Mac 2018/07/08 16:58:12
user21

Cheers for the recommendation - Athletico Mince is fucking great. His songs about Sunderland, the Peter Beardsley monologues, the terrible footballer impressions (eg Rahid Sterling), and Mick "BASTARD!" McCarthy - all have me creasing in the car.

It is so, saux good. We don't deserve Bob Mortimer.
Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/14 23:47:12 (permalink)
Noc
Shiverman
Infinite monkey cage is proper good

Heard good things about that one but the 3 or 4 shows I listened to didn’t grab me.

Any standout episodes worth checking?

Not off the top of my head tbh, but I definitely enjoyed it more after about 10 episodes where they stopped the crap comedy sketches. Tbh if you don't like it off the bat it doesn't really change up much more
Nakoma
  • Total Posts : 2978
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/15 10:16:20 (permalink)
greenfrog
joe rogan podcast, listen to this one religiously

http://blog.joerogan.net/#

Listen to loads of Joe Rogan and pretty much every new episode. Much prefer Podcasts to traditional radio when I'm driving for work which I do a lot. I love the variation in the guests he gets on which keeps it interesting. He makes the art of making a good Podcast look so easy. 

If anyone has Android and want an really good App I use Podcast Addict it's absolutely immense. Makes listening to Podcasts so much easier. You can download, create queues and can add pretty much any Podcast created. 

wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20579
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/15 10:19:12 (permalink)
for android i use podcast republic.

joe rogan:

no
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17788
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/17 11:50:17 (permalink)
Im bored, here are all the ones on my phone

About Last Night
Ari Shaffirs Skeptic Tank
Astonishing Legends
Athletico Mince
Black Hands
Bertcast
Dan Carlins Hardcore History
The Danish and O'Neill podcast
Den of Lore
Dirty John
Dom Irrera Live from the Laugh Factory
Duncan Trussels Family Hour
Earth Ancients
Expanded Perspectives
Frannkie Boyle: The Promethiad
Hawkswbee & Jacobs Daily
Industry Standard w/Barry Katz
Kevin Pollaks Caht Show
London Real
NightTime: Canadian Crimes
Podrot (Old Ricky Gervais/Adam& Joe etc)
RA Exchange
Reggae Roast Podcast
Richard Herrings Leicester Square Theatre Podcast
Sasquatch Chronicles
Serial
Sofa King
The Adam Buxton Podcast
Tangentally Speaking
The Church of Whats Happening Now
The Comedy Store Podcast
The Football Ramble
The Gralienb Report
The Grimerica Show
The Joe Rogan Experience
The Ricky Gervais Podcast
The Two Mikes
The Two Mikes On The Record
Tin Foil Hat
Trailer Park Boys Podcast
WTF with Marc Maron
Where Did The Road Go
Talksport Clips of the Week

The funniest things i have ever seen/heard are The Danish & O'Neill show interviewing LA's THE BUSHMAN (mad liberian immigrant comedian who beat Norm MacDonald to win Star Search in the early 90's)

He is on 

Episode 30 (Audio)
Episode 46 (Audio)
Episode 137 (Audio & Youtube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBXdGJYTl8

Then

Now

They are utterly utterly quite funny
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4781
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/17 11:59:05 (permalink)
Noc
Wrestle Me is highly recommended.

https://www.acast.com/wrestleme

I haven’t watched WWF since the late 90s but listening to two blokes go through all the old Wrestlemanias one by one from the beginning ripping the shit out of them somehow the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

The chemistry between the two hosts helps (one is Pete, the Geordie from the football ramble) but it’s mainly sordid stories about roided up sex fiends in the 80s cocaine paradise. Creases me up every week, guaranteed.

Good call on this one. I'm 3 or 4 episodes in now and really enjoying it. 
Spector
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/17 13:46:58 (permalink)
Mulla
Noc

I haven’t watched WWF since the late 90s but listening to two blokes go through all the old Wrestlemanias one by one from the beginning ripping the shit out of them somehow the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

The chemistry between the two hosts helps (one is Pete, the Geordie from the football ramble) but it’s mainly sordid stories about roided up sex fiends in the 80s cocaine paradise. Creases me up every week, guaranteed.

I listen to the OSW (old school wrestling) podcast which is pretty much the same, they also do movies, their review of "Fatal Deviation" is probably the funniest thing ive ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1pBKOIakYE
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2823
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/17 18:59:03 (permalink)
wiseacre
for android i use podcast republic.

joe rogan:

Jamie pull that video up
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15207
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/22 18:07:54 (permalink)
Mulla
Noc

I’ve been rinsing these

“I don’t call him Superfly Jimmy Snuka anymore, now I call him Murderfly Jimmy Violence”

Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26802
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/22 21:51:43 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Mulla
Noc

I’ve been rinsing these

“I don’t call him Superfly Jimmy Snuka anymore, now I call him Murderfly Jimmy Violence”

Same. This was a great shout. Just got to Wrestlemania 6.

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17372
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/23 11:50:35 (permalink)
'Trailblazers' presented by Eddy Temple Morris and the don Nick Halkes.. Each week talking to legends of the dance & electronic music biz.. 

01 - Gary Newman
02 - Fatboy Slim
03 - Mary Ann Hobbs
04 - Goldie
and this weeks 05 - Mike Pickering

Highly recommended if you're into that shit, check it out!! Deezer has the music and playlists included, the Podcast app is just the interviews themselves w/ tiny clips of the tracks.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23123
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/05/23 15:06:31 (permalink)
mrEQ
'Trailblazers' presented by Eddy Temple Morris and the don Nick Halkes.. Each week talking to legends of the dance & electronic music biz.. 

01 - Gary Newman
02 - Fatboy Slim
03 - Mary Ann Hobbs
04 - Goldie
and this weeks 05 - Mike Pickering

Highly recommended if you're into that shit, check it out!! Deezer has the music and playlists included, the Podcast app is just the interviews themselves w/ tiny clips of the tracks.

This not (yet) being on Pocket Casts is a MTTBM
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7526
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 07:43:41 (permalink)
Noc
The company I work for's first podcast has just gone to number 2 in the UK charts, which is unheard of for a New Zealand outlet.

It's a a bit of a Serial rip-off in terms of style but it's a fascinating story and stupidly moreish. I cracked through all 10 episodes in a week. 

It's called Black Hands and is about David Bain, a weird geeky guy who murdered (or didn't, depending on who you believe) his entire family in 1994 got found guilty, spent 15 years in prison, then won his appeal and got a $900k payout. The podcast goes through the evidence, looks at the family background and lets you draw your own conclusions.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/podcast/black-hands-a-family-mass-murder/id1259053911?mt=2

I've just listened to this. Fascinating story. Big up Joe Karam and the NZ public for getting an obvious mass murderer off the hook.
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23819
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 07:53:22 (permalink)
Been listening a lot to TrashFuture recently.  I'd imagine it only appeals to smug lefties with an overdeveloped sense for in-jokes though.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15207
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 08:12:27 (permalink)
Does anyone still listen to Football Weekly or The Totally Football Show? I used to listen to Football Weekly religiously until Jimbo left, I tried Totally Football for a while and didn’t enjoy it so much, now I listen to neither and don’t have a good regular football podcast.

I really enjoy Football Ramble every now and again, will probably listen to all of thier World Cup shows, but there’s only so much Luke Moore I can take.

What other good football podcasts are there?
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6371
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 08:20:48 (permalink)
I listen to the H3 podcast and recently another one called 'The Conspiracy Guys' which is quite interesting. 

Should probably listen to more, really. 
Kola Nut
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 08:23:38 (permalink)
I listened to The Conspiracy Guys for a while. Quite enjoyed them but they are so long. If you like that you might like "The Last Podcast On The Left". It's American blokes talking about Norweigan Black Metal/Aum Shinrikyo/Serial Killers and other delights.

21 21
  • Total Posts : 6371
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/06/01 08:41:23 (permalink)
Yeah I noticed they get SUPER long, like 5 hours wtf.

I'll check that other one out, thanks mate. 
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4430
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/08 15:21:41 (permalink)
Mdma therapy in America could potentially be legal by 2021 due to Rick Doblins 40-50 year campaign. It's hard to believe that more people died last year of drug overdoses than all deaths in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan combined. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeYNGOpxdA
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19569
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/08 21:27:43 (permalink)
LHC
Noc
The company I work for's first podcast has just gone to number 2 in the UK charts, which is unheard of for a New Zealand outlet.

It's a a bit of a Serial rip-off in terms of style but it's a fascinating story and stupidly moreish. I cracked through all 10 episodes in a week. 

It's called Black Hands and is about David Bain, a weird geeky guy who murdered (or didn't, depending on who you believe) his entire family in 1994 got found guilty, spent 15 years in prison, then won his appeal and got a $900k payout. The podcast goes through the evidence, looks at the family background and lets you draw your own conclusions.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/podcast/black-hands-a-family-mass-murder/id1259053911?mt=2

I've just listened to this. Fascinating story. Big up Joe Karam and the NZ public for getting an obvious mass murderer off the hook.

If you liked Black Hands, the follow-up (from our same production team but different journalists) is well worth checking out.

https://interactives.stuf.../2018/06/gone-fishing/

"Gail Maney has served 15 years in jail for ordering the 1989 murder of young Auckland tyre-fitter Deane Fuller-Sandys. But she says she never knew him. In fact, she thinks he wasn’t even murdered."

I'm not hugely into true crime podcasts as it's a massively overdone podcast genre but this is like audio crack - I binged the lot over the course of a weekend.
Rapt
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/09 05:02:06 (permalink)
Quite an unbelievable survival story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLj9Nqtx3lU

Noc
  • Total Posts : 19569
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/10 03:29:44 (permalink)
This week's Wrestle Me is one of the best yet. Ric Flair shagging Halle Berry, Crush pretending to go to sleep like a dog and kids getting into a coffin with "definitely not a paedophile" Paul Bearer at the Fan Fest. 
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1643
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/10 08:36:48 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Does anyone still listen to Football Weekly or The Totally Football Show? I used to listen to Football Weekly religiously until Jimbo left, I tried Totally Football for a while and didn’t enjoy it so much, now I listen to neither and don’t have a good regular football podcast.

I really enjoy Football Ramble every now and again, will probably listen to all of thier World Cup shows, but there’s only so much Luke Moore I can take.

What other good football podcasts are there?

I still listen to Totally. I like it but it doesn't have the humour it used to have back when they were all with the Guardian. The guests are too much like statto's sometimes. 
Kola Nut
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/12 08:53:30 (permalink)
Noc
This week's Wrestle Me is one of the best yet. Ric Flair shagging Halle Berry, Crush pretending to go to sleep like a dog and kids getting into a coffin with "definitely not a paedophile" Paul Bearer at the Fan Fest. 

OH WILL YOU STOP!

Rapt
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/16 16:50:17 (permalink)
One of the most powerful podcasts I've heard.

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/john-mcavoy-379/
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9283
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/16 16:56:11 (permalink)
Rapt
One of the most powerful podcasts I've heard.

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/john-mcavoy-379/

Looks sick. Have you heard the JRE Goggins podcast? Bloke's got some drive.
Rapt
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/16 17:02:05 (permalink)
Yes mate, the guys crazy. Jesse Itzler was also on jre and talks about letting Goggins live with him for a while, some of the stuff he made him do was insane!
Rapt
Re: RE: Recommend a Podcast 2018/07/29 16:37:11 (permalink)
Have been following this guy for a while, he's an absolute don of the health world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txae9Xa9qrs
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0