Helpful ReplyHot!Game of Thrones [HBO]

Page: << < ..9192939495 Showing page 95 of 95
Author
Law
  • Total Posts : 63123
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 11:02:30 (permalink)
willfunk
Smokey McPot
Last episode will be Bran waking up from a dream. 

Its Dallas for 2010's

He will wake up with his head between his folded arms on a desk in a present day secondary school.

"Bran.... BRAN! Have you been listening to a word I've been saying. Wake up boy"
"Sorry sir"
Teacher carries on with maths class

Fin

Change "Bran" to "Kola Nut" and change "secondary school" to "Kent", and you got a season ender on your hands!
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21577
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 11:22:56 (permalink)
as the last episode comes to a close, Rayza takes off his VR headset and retires, exhausted as we discover the whole thing was just a marathon codeine induced gaming session.

Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 14984
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 11:31:35 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
as the last episode comes to a close, Rayza takes off his VR headset and retires, exhausted as we discover the whole thing was just a marathon codeine induced gaming session.

You wake up out of a 6 year missus induced coma and realise you've never watched game of thrones.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18051
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 12:19:47 (permalink)
So is dragon lady's kid going to be a deformed dragon, all fucked up from incest? Wonky eyes, breathes warm air rather than fire etc.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91602
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 12:50:52 (permalink)
dany needs to hurry up and flash the gash
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6978
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 12:59:29 (permalink)
Law
Mr Sketch
I'd be interested to now how the Night King had planned to get past the wall if they weren't lucky enough to have a undead dragon?

He knew he had to and set the trap. Bran saw those lot stranded in a vision several episodes before it happened. That's why he hasn't gone at the wall until now?

exactly. there are a lot of reasons why they've waited until now to make their move... dragons, magic back in the world, the longest winter on record, a new three eyed raven, etc etc

makes sense of why it's taken them six seasons to walk about 10 miles too

i'm glad they're through now. the fact that the first ever scene in the show (and books) is of a WW attack, and then they're a side-note for most of the time always irked me a bit. would like to learn much more about them; what their end goal, how they communicate, full scope of their powers, if they can be turned back, etc etc

seen lots of rumours that bran is going to become/already is the night's king. i would be seriously fucked off if that was the case.
RAYZA
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 13:12:45 (permalink)
i don't remember seeing them in the first episode?!
gavinx
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 13:20:21 (permalink)
literally the first scene of the series is a group of geezers running away from the night's watch and being attacked by a WW. then ned executes the survivor as a deserter.
Law
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 13:26:02 (permalink)
Yeah a white is in the first first scene isnt it? I was waiting for them to be unleashed that entire series lol
It also looked utterly pathetic

RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11923
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 13:41:46 (permalink)
   Looked like the fucking Grinch

Mr Sketch
  • Total Posts : 22154
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 14:47:31 (permalink)
Law
Mr Sketch
I'd be interested to now how the Night King had planned to get past the wall if they weren't lucky enough to have a undead dragon?

He knew he had to and set the trap. Bran saw those lot stranded in a vision several episodes before it happened. That's why he hasn't gone at the wall until now?

I don't remember the Night King setting a trap? Wasn't it Jon's idea to go and catch one of the undead to bring to Cersie?

The undead were trying petty hard to kill that group before they got onto the island. Plus the dead polar bear could potentially finished them all off before they even came across the group of undead they captured.

Maybe I'm going full Kola and you should never go full Kola :)

http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/Mr_Sketch
Law
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 15:03:51 (permalink)
Mr Sketch
Law
Mr Sketch

I don't remember the Night King setting a trap? Wasn't it Jon's idea to go and catch one of the undead to bring to Cersie?

Well no we didn't see him scheming with the army of the undead jotting down a plan on a whiteboard.

But perhaps he knew that there were dragons alive in the world (he can clearly warg and see the future or whatever, probably way more than Bran can). He knew he needed a dragon. He also know that eventually Jon would come back (not necessarily for a hair-brained idea to catch wight), but he knew eventually he would.

And when Jon did, i imagine the plan was to trap them and await the rescue. Await rescue > kill dragon > profit b2b bun down wall.

I dont think we are halfway realising how powerful the Night King is just yet. Magic exists and has existed in Westeros since before the first men. He's gonna be on some mad conjuring shit probably.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27119
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 15:07:57 (permalink)
Night King ain't on no Paul Daniels ting. Strictly David Copperfield business.
gavinx
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 15:22:44 (permalink)
Mr Sketch
Law
Mr Sketch

i think the fact they waited for so long up on that hill and brought their special ice javelins suggests that he knew what was going to happen and that they'd played right into his hands
Mr Sketch
  • Total Posts : 22154
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 15:50:27 (permalink)
Law
Mr Sketch
Law
Mr Sketch

Well no we didn't see him scheming with the army of the undead jotting down a plan on a whiteboard.

😂

http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/Mr_Sketch
RAYZA
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 15:56:00 (permalink)
Law
Yeah a white is in the first first scene isnt it? I was waiting for them to be unleashed that entire series lol
It also looked utterly pathetic

lol, looks like a PS3 game
RAYZA
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 16:00:42 (permalink)

gavinx
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 16:09:47 (permalink)
WETA do most of their special effects now, so that's why it looks better than 95% of films
Law
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 16:14:28 (permalink)
Razor

Fucking LOL at the dragon guy. He's really putting his all into it. 
RAYZA
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/01 16:24:35 (permalink)
gavinx
WETA do most of their special effects now, so that's why it looks better than 95% of films

I wouldn't go that far, they are great for tv but don't compare to the effects in a blockbuster movie
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16385
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/02 09:09:47 (permalink)
Is there a reason it was so short this series? The past series was longer but with less battle/dragons/CGI scenes

Maybe the budget only allowed for 7 this series?
gavinx
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/02 09:51:52 (permalink)
The showrunners described it in these terms: Originally the final series was going to be 10 episodes... instead it's 13 episodes spread out over this year and 2019
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18070
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/03 03:01:12 (permalink)
Budget is around $10m per episode I believe
1 extended dragon sequence must chew through the majority of that

Noc
  • Total Posts : 18980
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/09 09:17:50 (permalink)
Best Season 7 hot take I've seen so far

Credit to Nick from Nashville, & the Storm of Spoilers podcast.

This season pulled back the curtain on George's greatest magic trick. No one important ever really dies in George's universe, it was always sleight of hand. Jon, Dany, Tyrion, etc...were always going to be safe until the final chapters of the story. Whereas George uses feints and misdirection to hide who the main cast really is, this season made it all too clear [that] main characters are the ones with names in the show, the ones we care about.

Think about Jon's story arc. How many tales begin with a low or bastard born orphan, alone in the great big world, looking for his identity, only to later reveal he's really a prince? George's trick was to start the story before Jon was alone or an orphan, whereas most stories would start with Jon's story post Ned's death. Ned is our first lead, followed by Robb, etc..we feel the surprise and tragedy of Jon's orphanhood despite the fact that it's a trope. All the markers are there: a bastard? Check. Dead dad? Check. Reason to reclaim family honor? Check. But by beginning the story a generation early, George made it feel like anyone could die, even the supposed lead who was never a lead at all.

Compare this to the fact that no one was shocked by the exposition of the brutality of Ned's father and brother surprisingly dying at the hand of Aerys, despite the unexpected twist it must have been in the moment. George continues this trend throughout the books.Who is the main cast? I never would have guessed Davos would stick around this long, I felt the same about Theon and Reek. Yet Quentyn seemed important, so did Beric, is Arianne gonna last? Victarion? Lady Stoneheart? Mance Rayder? Jon Connington? In the books, George introduces heroes, villains, and cannon fodder with equal care. Each has a fleshed out story, weight, and purpose, and not all of the main cast is there at the beginning. Main characters might be introduced at any moment.

But in the show expediency is here. World building is done and so is time with doomed characters we care about. By streamlining the plot the show has cut out the magic. No more distractions or feints, no more real surprises, which are different than shocking spectacles. No more feeling like Westeros is populated by more than our main cast. Only characters who will play a role in the Great War to come, have a role in the show. I expect more deaths now, all bittersweet endings have them, but there will be no more subversions. The subtlety is gone, just like it's disappointing to see the show ruined by brittle simplicity and plot point spoilers on websites, rather than detective work from books and production clues. It's disappointing to see George's story take a brutally straight plot line in the show. It's still entertaining as hell but expediency has taken away what has made this story special.
Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3083
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/10 21:11:32 (permalink)
Yeah that's a good analysis tbf. When I look back at season 1 John's character was a just an annoying distraction for Tyrion to tease.
I fully expected Dany to go the distance - you can't kill off baps that nice.
Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3083
Re: RE: Game of Thrones [HBO] 2017/09/10 21:11:33 (permalink)
The last couple of seasons have really slowed down with character deaths too, and there's not enough plotting. Cersie double-crossing everyone at the end was better than the dead dragon taking the wall down.
post edited by Duderonomy - 2017/09/10 21:13:33
Page: << < ..9192939495 Showing page 95 of 95
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0