Helpful ReplyHot!Best Android phone

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 28
Author
Aaron D
  • Total Posts : 4457
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/05 18:58:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: JUDGEDREDD

got a htc desire hd on 18month £20 a month contract, lowered to £15 after 9months with £50 quidco so all in all about £260 odd quid for the phone paid intrest free over 18months (£400+ straight buy..) the contract is shit so I'm not even using that, just stuck a giff gaff sim in and I'm paying £10 a month for 250mins unlim text FULLY unlimited net.

Think I got a good deal really, could even sell it for a profit hah

Who is the contract with? Some sort of deal I take it?
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11712
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/05 19:41:18 (permalink)
o2 via dialaphone
Traffic
  • Total Posts : 16398
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/09 16:49:38 (permalink)
Got the nexus s yesterday... phone is absolutely amazing. Really next lvl.. haha
dj_geebee
  • Total Posts : 476
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/11 22:49:47 (permalink)
Check out HTC.com for the Evo 3D. Also HTC sensation rumoured to be announced tomorrow. Had the original Desire since day 1 and never felt let down. Thought the Desire S looked like too lil improvement tho, so glad bout this! HTC smash it, check techradar.com top 20 smartphones...
Invision
  • Total Posts : 20353
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/11 22:50:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Aaron D

Been playing with the LG 2X today. It's a fucking beast.

Although it has the LG symbol attached. Undecided.

It will break.
Mr Beige
  • Total Posts : 20322
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/11 22:58:40 (permalink)
I'm on the desire be btw. love it so far
MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/11 23:19:00 (permalink)
My desire deleted all my text messages today. Its just a colossal clusterfuck, fucking piece of shit.
_JayD_
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/11 23:47:16 (permalink)
I'm considering going for this deal:

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/HTC/HTC-Desire-S-Free-Xbox-360-4GB/Orange/Orange-Dolphin-30-(24mths)-inc.-Internet/9417570?adnetwork=af

£59.99 for Desire S handset
Free Xbox 360 4gb (I've wanted to get an xbox for ages)
500 minutes
Unlimted text messages
500mb internet data

£30 per month, 24 month contract.

Only thing that puts me off is the 24 month contract but all the good deals are these days, and if the phone's good enough I'm not bothered really.

Only shit thing is that I'm lumbered with my current contract till June and Vodafone basically told me to fuck off when I tried to get them to match that deal on my upgrade

Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 00:33:05 (permalink)
I must say, the Nexus S is fucking flawless. Samsung did a quality job on this one. Really looking forward to the Galaxy S2, that phone should be dope. Only reason I'd keep my Nexus S over that one is because the Nexus is unlocked...
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4844
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 10:46:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: _JayD_

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/HTC/HTC-Desire-S-Free-Xbox-360-4GB/Orange/Orange-Dolphin-30-(24mths)-inc.-Internet/9417570?adnetwork=af

500 minutes
Unlimted text messages
500mb internet data

Only thing that puts me off is the 24 month contract but all the good deals are these days, and if the phone's good enough I'm not bothered really.

Only shit thing is that I'm lumbered with my current contract till June and Vodafone basically told me to fuck off when I tried to get them to match that deal on my upgrade

500mb of data will never be enough with a smartphone, Ive used that in just over a week lol. Is there any option to increase that or can you buy an add-on for more data?
_JayD_
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 11:14:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mulla

500 minutes
Unlimted text messages
500mb internet data

500mb of data will never be enough with a smartphone, Ive used that in just over a week lol. Is there any option to increase that or can you buy an add-on for more data?

Yeah it can be upped to 750mb for an extra £5 a month. What do you use net data for though? I would only really use it for facebook, email, a few google searches and occasionally google maps.

spils
  • Total Posts : 15112
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 11:47:57 (permalink)
512mb is fine for the average user, specially if your near wifi hotspots a lot, I use on average 100mb a week and on the net with it for at least 2 hours a day.

The only time your go over 500mb is if your streaming online music or video loads.

_JayD_
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 11:50:57 (permalink)
Yeah I thought as much.

The only time I really stream media is if I'm pissed and showing mates a youtube video or something, not a regular occurance. Although using the net on my current phone is such a drawn out affair it's no wonder I don't do use it very often.

Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 14:11:41 (permalink)

Yeah I thought as much.

The only time I really stream media is if I'm pissed and showing mates a youtube video or something, not a regular occurance. Although using the net on my current phone is such a drawn out affair it's no wonder I don't do use it very often.

500mb is more than enough for the average user like spils said. I used to have 6Gbs until I realized that the max I've ever used was 1.2Gb and I was using it extensively (streaming videos for my lunch hour, on the train, etc for the whole month) Now I use around 500Mb and I use my data quite a bit. 30 quid is not cheap, but then again you're getting a xbox... haha
_JayD_
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 17:46:42 (permalink)
Vodafone came crawling back in the end and offered me a free HTC Desire S, 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb data for £20 a month. Noice

MykMallett
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 17:49:54 (permalink)
I stopped using the internet on a regular basis when I realised my battery lasted 20 minutes, the browser is shit and the connection is fucking slow.

Sorry to go on but I seriously do despise this phone with all my heart
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 18:54:01 (permalink)
Which phone do you have? Browsing with the nexus s is amazing, however browsing with my HTC magic isn't....
contact
  • Total Posts : 1405
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 19:56:36 (permalink)
I switched to the new windows phone os, battery is great compared to android, I get a day n a half with very heavy usage, my old HTC desire would run out in half a day with the same usage.
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 21:20:29 (permalink)
Lol. Windows phone.
MykMallett
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 22:11:04 (permalink)
I have a desire
PD
  • Total Posts : 12062
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/12 23:55:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Traffic

Lol. Windows phone.

laugh it up, the interface looks slick. getting really good reviews, just needs a few new functions which are coming in updates this year. the anti trust thing expires in may so expect ms to really pick things up after that.
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 00:33:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: PD

Lol. Windows phone.

laugh it up, the interface looks slick. getting really good reviews, just needs a few new functions which are coming in updates this year. the anti trust thing expires in may so expect ms to really pick things up after that.

I'll still be laughing by then.
Aaron D
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 00:42:40 (permalink)
WP7 has potential. Needs a lot more apps and more customization through updates, but tbh it will never be as big the open source mentality of Android.
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 00:46:04 (permalink)

WP7 has potential. Needs a lot more apps and more customization through updates, but tbh it will never be as big the open source mentality of Android.

Hence while I'm laughing about it. iOS has plenty of potential, but leave it to apple to limit its users intensively to make the OS a boring interface. I have trouble believing hipsters actually gobble their products up...
Aaron D
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 00:57:37 (permalink)
WP7 has entered a tough market to say the least, but to be fair it is the first version of its WP7 software so you have to give them a break.

Android was nothing special when v.1.5 came out.

I work with all platforms so like to feel unbiased, but overall I can't see anyone beating Google in the long run.
MykMallett
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 01:00:49 (permalink)

Hence while I'm laughing about it. iOS has plenty of potential, but leave it to apple to limit its users intensively to make the OS a boring interface. I have trouble believing hipsters actually gobble their products up...

As much as I hate apple, Im starting to wish I could have an iphone just so everything actually fucking works. Yeah android is more open source, but everything is a pain in the arse. It seems like a half arsed job and YOU STILL CANT GET GAPLESS PLAYBACK
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 01:06:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MykMallett

As much as I hate apple, Im starting to wish I could have an iphone just so everything actually fucking works. Yeah android is more open source, but everything is a pain in the arse. It seems like a half arsed job and YOU STILL CANT GET GAPLESS PLAYBACK

You're phone is the issue, not the OS. Buy a phone that is comparable to the iPhone 4 (there's plenty) and you won't be shitting bricks.
MykMallett
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 01:08:25 (permalink)
Well, the OS is the issue when it comes to gapless playback. Its not a native function and needs a massive workaround from apps that hasnt been successful yet.
Traffic
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 01:09:27 (permalink)

WP7 has entered a tough market to say the least, but to be fair it is the first version of its WP7 software so you have to give them a break.

I see what you mean, but it's kind of a rubbish statement. By the time Windows will be at par with what we have now (6months to a year lets say (I guess I'm being generous)), the other OSs will be on another level all together. Too little to late, and there's really no reason to give anyone a "break" when it comes to company competition.
MykMallett
RE: Best Android phone 2011/04/13 01:10:27 (permalink)
I wouldnt ever write off windows without having even tried it.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 28
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0