Helpful ReplyHot!Best Android phone

Page: << < ..262728 > Showing page 26 of 28
Author
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11480
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/02 12:02:49 (permalink)
Currently using moto g 1st gen and it's better than my iphone 5
Also got an iphone 4 that ive had to use during the switch and fucking hell is that an awful experience, wiped the phone and it still runs like a disabled kid on sports day. almost launched a few times as the keyboard painfully lags out the words that I type.

Apple are cunts and their fan boys are even fucking worse. Glad it's not as noticeable as previous years when the fucking idiots would bang on about how their outdated at release phones were superior. fucking cunts the lot of them. 

and anyone who bought one of them stupid iphone watches. fucking idiots 
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1284
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/11 18:58:25 (permalink)
@ wileyfox swift users. What's the verdict after a bit of use?
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4783
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 10:46:37 (permalink)
DasItMane
@ wileyfox swift users. What's the verdict after a bit of use?

Pretty happy with it a month or so in. The screen's not as responsive as my old Note II at times, and it can be a little slow every now and then, but tbf it's a £130 phone so can't complain really.

The camera can be decent as long as the subject isn't moving. Does really good close up shots.

Really like the True Caller feature too.
Shure
  • Total Posts : 3147
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 11:39:00 (permalink)
I've had it for a week now and I am also very happy with it. I like the Security Guard feature which allows you to block the apps to get into your personal information/location etc. You can pretty much modify everything you can think of, which makes the Cyanogen os very special compared to regular android devices. The battery life is quite long as well because I only use few apps regularly. I can easily go three days with one full phone charge. 5/5 so far, would recommend.
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1284
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 13:57:31 (permalink)
The camera isn't an issue for me at all as I have a DSLR. So sounds good.

Has anyone tried putting in a MicroSD over 32GB and filling it? I read in the specs that 32gb is the max MicroSD. Though I've seen reviews where people have put in 64gb and it accepts it, though not sure if they actually managed to fill it and it still worked?

That battery life is very enticing.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96228
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:21:18 (permalink)
I've put my order in for the Holofone, bit apprehensive due to not knowing the company but it sounds great on paper, if Windows 10 works well it could be great.
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20600
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:27:43 (permalink)
windows app store is proper gash though.

my huawei p8 just had a software update to marshmallow and the battery life has gone to shit.

no
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:31:23 (permalink)
DasItMane
The camera isn't an issue for me at all as I have a DSLR. So sounds good.

Has anyone tried putting in a MicroSD over 32GB and filling it? I read in the specs that 32gb is the max MicroSD. Though I've seen reviews where people have put in 64gb and it accepts it, though not sure if they actually managed to fill it and it still worked?

That battery life is very enticing.

Not sure mate, mine's only 32gb. One other thing actually, I find the gallery is super slow reading from the SD card. I've set the camera to automatically save pictures there, and quite often if I open the gallery after taking pics, it can take a few seconds for it to refresh and show the recent pictures. It can also take a second or two for the images to display if you're swiping through the pictures in your gallery.

Not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things tho.
wiseacre
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:34:08 (permalink)
get a better class memory card which is rated faster. class 10 is fastest iirc. 

no
RAYZA
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:34:27 (permalink)
wiseacre

my huawei p8 just had a software update to marshmallow and the battery life has gone to shit.

It's not a Windows phone, it has full Windows 10 and Android. More like a laptop squeezed into a phone. And an up to 200 inch projector. Basically it's by far the most advanced phone if it lives up to its promise.
post edited by RAYZA - 2016/08/12 14:36:30
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:37:00 (permalink)
wiseacre
get a better class memory card which is rated faster. class 10 is fastest iirc. 

Pretty sure it's the phone rather than the card. I had the same card in my old phone and didn't have any issues.
wiseacre
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:51:16 (permalink)
well i never

Razor
wiseacre

It's not a Windows phone, it has full Windows 10 and Android. More like a laptop squeezed into a phone. And an up to 200 inch projector. Basically it's by far the most advanced phone if it lives up to its promise.

o i c. i'm just not ready for the future. win 10 is pretty slick tbf

no
wiseacre
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/12 14:51:18 (permalink)
well i never

Razor
wiseacre

o i c. i'm just not ready for the future. win 10 is pretty slick tbf

no
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44324
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/11/22 09:43:09 (permalink)
Anyone got a Google Pixel?

Thinking of pulling the trigger as my Huawei P8 is slowing right down, and it's on offer at carphone warehouse atm.

Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/11/22 09:49:16 (permalink)
Note to all, my Wileyfox Swift is still going on sick. The 2 is out now and the 2 Plus very soon.

I got the basic WF Spark model for the wife though, which was so slow it was unusable. 1gb of RAM is not the one. Sent it back.
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2699
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/11/22 09:58:24 (permalink)
Still using an LG G4.  It's a good phone, just a bit too big for my liking as I can no longer use it one handed.  

I'm constantly mis typing as a result and hitting the full stop instead of space.  MTTBM
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6325
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/11/22 10:47:32 (permalink)
Need a good smart phone under £100 as a temporary for someone. Any recommendations. I have no clue about phones other than my Samsung S5/6 or whatever it is
RAYZA
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2017/10/31 17:00:15 (permalink)
the Razer phone sounds utterly ridic

120hz screen
dolby atmos speakers
8GB RAM

https://linustechtips.com...o-have-a-120hz-screen/
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23123
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2017/10/31 17:18:28 (permalink)
I gave up my LG G4 in the end and went for the Samsung Galaxy S8. Had it 2 or 3 months now and it's superb. So much faster than the G4 - everything is instant. Only downside is the screen being slightly smaller and I'm constantly having to retype stuff that doesn't come out properly due to my sausage fingers.
RAYZA
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/06/04 11:43:03 (permalink)
Asus Rog phone looking pretty sick

https://youtu.be/Ztyn_BQxkGI
Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/07/02 10:45:51 (permalink)
Just bought a Moto G6, the amazon exclusive. 4GB ram, 64GB memory.
Anyone else got one?

Looks like it cant be beat at that price (£240).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/motorola-5-7-Inch-Android-Sim-Free-Smartphone-Deep-Indigo/dp/B079SQF4BD 

I've had it well over 2 years now, but since the last couple of Android updates my Wileyfox has become so fucking slow. It infuriates me every day. Still, it had a good innings and cost about £120 or something at the time, so can't complain too much.
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/07/02 12:00:11 (permalink)
Law
Just bought a Moto G6, the amazon exclusive. 4GB ram, 64GB memory.
Anyone else got one?

Looks like it cant be beat at that price (£240).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/motorola-5-7-Inch-Android-Sim-Free-Smartphone-Deep-Indigo/dp/B079SQF4BD 

I've had it well over 2 years now, but since the last couple of Android updates my Wileyfox has become so fucking slow. It infuriates me every day. Still, it had a good innings and cost about £120 or something at the time, so can't complain too much.

I sacked mine off a few months back, but yeah, it had been running like treacle for the last year before that. Like you said, can't really complain when it cost that much! 

I ended up replacing it with the Moto G5 actually, was only about the same price as I paid for the Wileyfox so no doubt this time next year I'll be in the market for another 
RAYZA
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/09 23:28:59 (permalink)
Asus Rog phone finally got a price and release date, in USA at least and it's far cheaper than I imagined at $899 for the base 128gb. Definitely my next phone

https://www.engadget.com/...-price-pre-order-date/
Syhr
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 11:42:10 (permalink)
@anyone with a Huwawei - are they still really shit at getting Android updates pushed to the phone?

My contract is up, was considering waiting for a Pixel 3 but doesn't look like I'd get one for less than about 50-60 quid a month without paying silly money up front.

Choosing between Pixel 2 XL, Huwawei P20 Pro and maybe Samsung S9 at the moment.

LHC
  • Total Posts : 7544
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 14:07:20 (permalink)
I don't know if you'll appreciate another suggestion but I'm going to do it anyway.

I have a Xiaomi (Redmi Note 5). It's very good for the money (£150). It looks like you're willing to spend more money so you might want to check out the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. At around £300 it's supposed to be an absolute beast.
Syhr
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 14:28:36 (permalink)
I keep reading about lesser know phone brands and how great they are, but aren't they really slow to get Android firmware updates? Hence the question about Huawei - they're not exactly small time but it used to be impossible to actually update the thing.

LHC
  • Total Posts : 7544
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 14:33:25 (permalink)
I can't speak for Huawei but the Xioami software I have is Android 8.1 which I believe is the latest version available. Xiaomi are a fairly large company now and release updates frequently. Huawei are pretty big as well so I'd be surprised if they were still slow to update.
wiseacre
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 14:53:27 (permalink)
Huawei use their own tailored android, emui, which is why they take so long. I know other brands tailor theirs too, but Huawei's is far more different to stock than most.

no
RAYZA
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2018/10/11 21:50:21 (permalink)
Razer phone 2 was announced today. Now I've gotta decide between that and the ASUS. The sensible option would be to get a sim only deal with 20gb for £18 as there's nothing wrong with my S7 Edge and there's not a single scratch on it after 2 years, but doubt I've got the willpower to resist either of those 2 phones tbh.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/10/11 21:52:18
Page: << < ..262728 > Showing page 26 of 28
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0