Helpful ReplyHot!Best Android phone

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 28
Author
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 5076
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/23 16:02:32 (permalink)
Law
simon.r
Anyone know any alternatives to the proper facebook messenger app seeing as they've got rid on the mobile site?

Apparently Facebook Lite is as a workaround if you can get it.

Incompatible with everything it would seem.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7526
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/23 16:33:11 (permalink)
I'm not on my phone but I think this works for me.  Bookmark this entire URL

https://www.facebook.com/home.php
LHC
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/23 16:34:35 (permalink)
Mulla
So after 4 years I'm pretty sure my trusty Note II is on its way out
What's currently the best Android for around £300?

OnePlus 3 probably
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4781
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/24 12:20:45 (permalink)
Law
Been using this for about four months now

https://www.wileyfox.com/swift/ 

Pretty fucking amaze for £129. Cyanogen mod is pretty sweet. No bloatware. Get two day battery life pretty easily. Sick, everything sick.

Storm is worth a look if you want something more powerful. 200 nicker. https://www.wileyfox.com/storm/ 

Just went and bought this, nice one mate.   (edit - the Swift, I mean)

Not sure if you've had the GPS cutting out problem that a few people mention in the reviews, but if so it looks like it's fixed by removing the little sticker on the inside of the removable case.
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 5076
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/24 12:31:18 (permalink)
Can't be arsed bumping the app thread. Downloaded Grim Fandango for my tablet. It's sick.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/24 12:56:13 (permalink)
Mulla
Not sure if you've had the GPS cutting out problem that a few people mention in the reviews, but if so it looks like it's fixed by removing the little sticker on the inside of the removable case.

I havent, only problem I had early on was not getting whatsapp notifications. But then I did an update, and next morning everything was hunky dory. Not had a problem since.
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1284
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/24 13:22:47 (permalink)
May have to grab that Swift too. My Nexus 5 is on it's last legs 
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 931
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/26 07:34:29 (permalink)
Just upgraded to an S7 from an S5 mini and it's powerful. EE customer service is dire though so i complained and they reduced the tarrif to £18 pm for the 2 years
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7644
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/26 16:02:45 (permalink)
Yeah i've just got an s7 from an s4 and it is an absolute beast of phone. Fucking pisses on anything else i've looked at, far nicer than the new iphone imo. Camera is so clear, screen is amazing, battery is very good for a phone of this power. Pretty much perfect. Got it on vodafone for 29 a month, unlimited everything. Told em i was going to ee and they shat it and bent over.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6371
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/26 16:06:46 (permalink)
Got the new OnePlus 3 on the way, should be here next week. Another beast of a phone apparently. 
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 12:06:03 (permalink)
DasItMane

Just went down to £125 on Amazon the day after I bought it lol
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20581
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 12:15:23 (permalink)
Mulla
DasItMane

Just went down to £125 on Amazon the day after I bought it lol

if you bought it on amazon they are quite good at refunding the difference if a price falls sharply. otherwise just send it back and order another one.

no
Buscemi Eyes
  • Total Posts : 2956
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 12:21:45 (permalink)
Almost got an S7 edge yesterday but I am 4 days away from the upgrade date so have to wait till then.

I'm with Vodafone, probably a blessing in disguise I didn't get it yesterday. Will be telling them i'm switching to EE and see what offers they give me.

@DJAYSWITCH

Did you deal with them over the phone or in store?
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7644
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 12:29:27 (permalink)
MaxPower
Almost got an S7 edge yesterday but I am 4 days away from the upgrade date so have to wait till then.

I'm with Vodafone, probably a blessing in disguise I didn't get it yesterday. Will be telling them i'm switching to EE and see what offers they give me.

@DJAYSWITCH

Did you deal with them over the phone or in store?

Over the phone, you tend to get better deals than in store because when you tell the upgrade department you want to switch to another provider they brick it and put you on to their customer care guys who bend over backwards to keep you.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
LHC
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 17:34:42 (permalink)
dazdsb
Got the new OnePlus 3 on the way, should be here next week. Another beast of a phone apparently. 

Nice one mate. Mine arrived at work today (well last week, but I was on holiday). Early thoughts (bare in mind they come from the POV of someone with an obsolete phone)...

- Feels no heavier than my Moto G despite being bigger. It's slightly too big for my liking and also too thin, making it hard to use 1 handed. I think I'll get used to the former and getting case will solve the latter
- The screen seems really nice but there are apparently some colour issues to be fixed in an upcoming patch
- Seems silky smooth. I quite like the OxygenOS as it seems pretty close to stock Android. There are apparently some RAM utilisation issues which haven't affected me yet. These are also due to be fixed in a patch (although you can do it yourself if you root it).

I had to go the the 3 store to get a nano sim. The girl was so cute that she nearly up-sold me a tablet that I neither wanted or needed. It must be so easy to work in sales with tits and a nice smile.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18656
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 18:05:19 (permalink)
DasItMane
My Nexus 5 is on it's last legs 

Yeah my nexus 5 died, keeps rebooting cos it thinks I'm pressing the power button.

I got a moto x play (its old now) cos the price has just gone down. Ordering direct from Motorola was a bit shit but seems decent other than that. Good battery.

21 21
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 20:42:30 (permalink)
LHC
dazdsb

Nice one mate. Mine arrived at work today (well last week, but I was on holiday). Early thoughts (bare in mind they come from the POV of someone with an obsolete phone)...

- Feels no heavier than my Moto G despite being bigger. It's slightly too big for my liking and also too thin, making it hard to use 1 handed. I think I'll get used to the former and getting case will solve the latter
- The screen seems really nice but there are apparently some colour issues to be fixed in an upcoming patch
- Seems silky smooth. I quite like the OxygenOS as it seems pretty close to stock Android. There are apparently some RAM utilisation issues which haven't affected me yet. These are also due to be fixed in a patch (although you can do it yourself if you root it).

I had to go the the 3 store to get a nano sim. The girl was so cute that she nearly up-sold me a tablet that I neither wanted or needed. It must be so easy to work in sales with tits and a nice smile.

Cool man, I've had a oneplus one since they first came out at the invite stage a few years back. It felt too big at first as well but you get used to it. I've used it as a work phone and personal phone so it's been battered over the last few years but tbh it still works almost as well as the day it arrived. Struggles a bit sometimes but it's lasted really well.

Hope you enjoy it. Great value for money.
LHC
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/27 21:11:45 (permalink)
Yeah my old phone was fucked and I looked into the OnePlus 2 but then I saw the 3 was due for release soon and waited. One other thing is that it charges really quickly without heating up. Unfortunately you need the official charger for the DashCharge, and even for normal speed charges, you need a USB Type C cable. Looks like it's time to buy a load more cables again.
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/28 08:40:44 (permalink)
Law
Mulla

I havent, only problem I had early on was not getting whatsapp notifications. But then I did an update, and next morning everything was hunky dory. Not had a problem since.

Sorry Law, one more question - have you used a third party (Samsung etc) mains charger on the Swift? Or did you buy the official power station thing? Can't be doing with USB charging all the time!
Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/28 08:46:35 (permalink)
I used the charging cable that come with it, but just plugged it into a spare iPhone plug socket. Same connection innit, I guess you could use any USB mains adaptor.
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/28 11:27:11 (permalink)
Cheers, I'll just stick the official cable into my old Samsung mains connector then.
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2694
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/06/28 11:38:38 (permalink)
Qualcom Quickcharge 2 when I'm ere
chrisjohnson
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/07/15 05:05:41 (permalink)
DasItMane

lol you dont even know what they are talking about. lol
LHC
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/07/30 09:12:44 (permalink)
I'd like to report after a few weeks' usuage that the OnePlus3 is pretty, pretty, pretty good. However, the audio in video recordings is embarrassingly poor i loud bassy environments. Less than useless. Fucking annoying when my 2 year old £100 Moto G was spot on.

Btw rooted Android users, get the xposed framework. Install youtube adaway and youtube background playback and you've got yourself a solid music player. No need to have the screen on and you can use other apps with youtube in the background.

Brool cory hotline bro
Mulla
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/01 11:54:38 (permalink)
LHC
I'd like to report after a few weeks' usuage that the OnePlus3 is pretty, pretty, pretty good. However, the audio in video recordings is embarrassingly poor i loud bassy environments. Less than useless. Fucking annoying when my 2 year old £100 Moto G was spot on.

I've never had luck with phones being able to record anything at loud volume, like raves or gigs. My old Note II and current Swift have both been fucking terrible for it.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96178
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/01 12:23:58 (permalink)
This is the first phone that has interested me for ages - Holofone, a 7 inch phone with full Windows 10, Android and a 200 inch HD projector. Sick.

http://www.theverge.com/c...d-windows-10-projector
LHC
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/01 12:34:46 (permalink)
A 7 inch phone seems to be taking things a bit too far

hay ipad i found some nice jeans 4 ur new phone

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96178
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/01 12:39:47 (permalink)
I've already got a 6.4 inch phone, it's the next logical step
21 21
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/01 22:15:20 (permalink)
LHC
I'd like to report after a few weeks' usuage that the OnePlus3 is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Reporting good things here as well - no different to my old OnePlus One really but just quicker and the camera is shit hot. Not really recorded much video on it but shame about the audio not being great. I don't end up in too many loud bassy environments anymore though so shouldn't be a problem lol.

Dat Dash Charge tho. 65% charge in 30 minutes. Nice. 
Shure
  • Total Posts : 3147
Re: RE: Best Android phone 2016/08/02 11:23:38 (permalink)
Law
Been using this for about four months now

https://www.wileyfox.com/swift/ 

Pretty fucking amaze for £129. Cyanogen mod is pretty sweet. No bloatware. Get two day battery life pretty easily. Sick, everything sick.

Storm is worth a look if you want something more powerful. 200 nicker. https://www.wileyfox.com/storm/ 

Just bagged the white one. It's currently on sale for £99.99.
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 28
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0