Helpful ReplyHot!Best Android phone

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 28
Author
djdave*b
  • Total Posts : 18218
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:32:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Aaron D

Playing music is one of the main consumers of battery power. Shame really.

[sm=pat.gif]

Aaron D
  • Total Posts : 4457
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:36:29 (permalink)

Care to elaborate?
djdave*b
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:42:12 (permalink)

Jme133
  • Total Posts : 10026
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:46:59 (permalink)
Dave why are you derailing this thread with your shite?
djdave*b
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:51:27 (permalink)
Because i'm fucking bored n fucking hanging

Aaron D
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 17:52:46 (permalink)
When compared with the other functions of the phone - GPS / WiFi / Screen brightness / Auto Sync etc, playing music is one of the worst compared to other phones. I can drain my battery is a few hours easily.

Care to try and earn some more forum cool points?
Jme133
  • Total Posts : 10026
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/01 18:03:34 (permalink)
If i continuously play tunes off Youtube App the battery is dead within about 3 hours.
.Caveman.
  • Total Posts : 10057
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/02 14:49:53 (permalink)
only thing about the desire i dont like is the lack of TV-out
contact
  • Total Posts : 1405
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/02 23:36:18 (permalink)
Still rocking the standard Desire with the oled screen, I love evrything about it except for the multi touch issue, makes alot of good games unplayable. Battery last a full day with heavy usage (film / music / net / live wallapaper etc...), this is only since the 2.2 update, before that my battery would run out by about 7pm.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/04 11:27:16 (permalink)
I'm torn between the Desire and Galaxy S.

Was gonna go for the Desire HD but from what I've heard the battery is real bad, even by smartphone standards...
PD
  • Total Posts : 12062
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/04 23:38:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: darkmatter

Nexus S looks good. The Desire HD would be sick if battery wasn't such a problem. Not sure whether to wait for the Cortex A9 based phones, could be a bit of a wait for something decent to come out and then for them to iron out the early bugs...

wont be long at all, supposedly Honeycomb wont run on anything less than an A9 (possibly a dual core) and thats due to ship around April time I think

Surprising that technology has moved so fast yet batteries seem to have barely developed in last 10-20 years
.Caveman.
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/16 15:21:40 (permalink)
yeah not so much of an issue now with my new nas and the dlna controls of the phone.. just need to get dnla TV now
Rimardo
  • Total Posts : 7192
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/16 15:22:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Bare Grills

ORIGINAL: DJ_H20

I'm on a desire hd and its all good. Only fone I've bee. Able to use the forum on properly

Clearly

lol

.Caveman.
RE: Best Android phone 2011/01/16 15:49:06 (permalink)
its sick, i can stream videos to my phone from my 2TB nas, when i get a new tv i will be able to stream them to that and use the phone to control it

awesome
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15226
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:40:43 (permalink)
Hello bitches.

Getting my first smart phone, I'm torn between iPhone 4 & Desire HD. Can anyone objectively (ie without hating on or bumming either phone) tell me which is best?

I hear the Desire HD's battery life is shocking, that true? Just how big is it?
Is the iPhone 4 really worth paying more for?
What advantages does Android have over iOS?

Thanks x
Nazoreth
  • Total Posts : 1444
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:51:02 (permalink)
iphones are shit actual phones and apple are cunts

if this doesn't make you want an android phone then nothing will -

he has a dog!!!
Postman Pat
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:53:23 (permalink)
Thanks man.
.Caveman.
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:53:32 (permalink)
one word that makes android superior to iphone

tasker

read up on it

Nazoreth
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:56:30 (permalink)
to be fair i did make one valid point, iphones appear to slow down or even crash if you are doing anything with them and try to make or receive a call. they are not very good phones. i personally would find that quite annoying.

a lot of people i know have moved from iphone to android and never looked back.

its an annoying time to buy phones though. so many good things are going to come out soon and the next version of android should be out in a few months.

if you are utterly shit with technology and incapable of learning anything new, go with an iphone.

caveman stop giving me awesome things that require me rooting my phone!
Kiri
  • Total Posts : 8845
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 12:59:35 (permalink)
HTC Desire standard.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:03:32 (permalink)
Motorola Atrix is gonna be huge.
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44325
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:11:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

Hello bitches.

Getting my first smart phone, I'm torn between iPhone 4 & Desire HD. Can anyone objectively (ie without hating on or bumming either phone) tell me which is best?

Thanks x

i've just had the same dilemma. went for the iPhone 4 in the end, mainly due to allt he talk of shit battery life on the Desire. plus i had the G1 android which was the biggest heap of shit i've ever seen. obviously the techniology is better since then but i'm still bitter about it. plus the desire looks a bit plasticy for me.

tbh i didn't really hear any convincing arguments for the Desire other than people saying "it's sick, trust me" which aint really good enough so i took the easy/reliable option.

Nazoreth
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:13:22 (permalink)
lol

yeah battery life in the desire is so bad that i have to charge it at least twice a week, dispicable

PD
  • Total Posts : 12062
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:37:42 (permalink)
Wait a week and its the world mobile congress when everyone will be announcing all their new phones and the latest developments etc

I think I'm going to get a windows phone 7 phone next, the os has got good reviews and they've just announced a partnership with Nokia so I expect big things from them this year

Aaron D
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:38:33 (permalink)
The screen is awesome on the iPhone 4, and it is the most responsive phone I have used.

For everything else I would rather have Android due to the customization, open source OS and the fact that you don't become Apple's bitch when buying an Apple product.
Kiri
  • Total Posts : 8845
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:50:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Aaron D
The screen is awesome on the iPhone 4, and it is the most responsive phone I have used.
For everything else I would rather have Android due to the customization, open source OS and the fact that you don't become Apple's bitch when buying an Apple product.

This was one of the main reasons for choosing my Desire. The camera is amazing, and you've got Flash player unlike iPhone. Or has the 4 got it now?
The battery is just a poor as any other smart phone, but I just wack it on charge every night and it lasts me the whole day.
DJ_MEDIC
  • Total Posts : 8445
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 13:55:15 (permalink)
for the oldskool peeps, and those who like free upgrades etc how does the Samsung Galaxy compare to Desire?
Bladerunner
  • Total Posts : 1822
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 14:33:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJ_MEDIC

for the oldskool peeps, and those who like free upgrades etc how does the Samsung Galaxy compare to Desire?

Galaxy or galaxy s?
Postman Pat
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 15:02:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Syhr

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

Hello bitches.

Thanks x

i've just had the same dilemma. went for the iPhone 4 in the end, mainly due to allt he talk of shit battery life on the Desire. plus i had the G1 android which was the biggest heap of shit i've ever seen. obviously the techniology is better since then but i'm still bitter about it. plus the desire looks a bit plasticy for me.

tbh i didn't really hear any convincing arguments for the Desire other than people saying "it's sick, trust me" which aint really good enough so i took the easy/reliable option.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'm still torn between the 2 though, there isn't a great amount of difference between them at the end of the day.

On one hand I can get the Desire for free with added goodies, but the iPhone is gonna cost me about £70. On the other hand I'm gonna be syncing whatever phone I get with my iMac which the iPhone will obviously do seamlessly.

I'm leaning towards the iphone atm the moment as being apple I know it's gonna be great quality, wheras I know fuck all about HTC. But I'm very tempted by the openness of Android.

I'm getting faaaaar too deep into this, it's only a fucking phone

I might just toss a coin.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64361
RE: Best Android phone 2011/02/11 15:05:30 (permalink)
Isnt it pretty much standard on smart phones now that you stick it on charge overnight?
I use my phone on and off all day and if ive battered it, by 10pm the battery is fucked but thats to be expected.

I chose the Desire for 3 reasons
- 'Opensourceness'
- Flash
- Not owning a fucking iPhone like everyone else I know.

If you want a smart looking phone for simpletons, iPhone is great, but the PC geek in me wanted Android and a bit more control over my phone.

I just hate the closed off ideology Apple, open source just seems like a step forward
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 28
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0