Helpful ReplyHot!Man vs Food

Page: << < ..111112113114 > Showing page 111 of 114
Author
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 1914
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 17:02:28 (permalink)
Wok > subway
Whiskey_Bill
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 17:21:58 (permalink)
I used to manage a wok box (whitewashed chinese/indian fusion). I once made a perfect pad thai that was so authentic that the guy said it tasted like the food he ate in SE asia but better. He liked it so much that he came back next weekend during a smash rush ($1500 in 2 hours is a lot for 2 people) and made a disappointing rendition of pad thai for both him and his asian companion. I knew it was edible but not the best so I came out to talk to them and apologized and took one of the orders off his bill.
It was right on the main nightclub strip so once I took a drunk girl there after close and made us some food and then sloppily cleaned up. I nearly got fired but what saved me was my boss had told me a few weeks earlier that I could bring chicks there after hours but only if it got me laid. I showed him her picture and regaled him with some drunken sex story and all was square in the box.
I did get canned for showing up two minutes late a couple months later but got severance out of him because he never formally wrote me up for timeliness.

Martin Yan is a G, hilarious and informative.
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 1914
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 20:15:56 (permalink)
Great stuff pal
Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 14815
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 20:25:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2017/05/17 10:49:54
Take your life
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 90596
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 20:34:54 (permalink)
Whiskey_Bill
I used to manage a wok box (whitewashed chinese/indian fusion). I once made a perfect pad thai that was so authentic that the guy said it tasted like the food he ate in SE asia but better. He liked it so much that he came back next weekend during a smash rush ($1500 in 2 hours is a lot for 2 people) and made a disappointing rendition of pad thai for both him and his asian companion. I knew it was edible but not the best so I came out to talk to them and apologized and took one of the orders off his bill.
It was right on the main nightclub strip so once I took a drunk girl there after close and made us some food and then sloppily cleaned up. I nearly got fired but what saved me was my boss had told me a few weeks earlier that I could bring chicks there after hours but only if it got me laid. I showed him her picture and regaled him with some drunken sex story and all was square in the box.
I did get canned for showing up two minutes late a couple months later but got severance out of him because he never formally wrote me up for timeliness.

You would make a great rug. Hang yourself then lie on my floor. 

Thanks cunt.
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2339
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 20:43:51 (permalink)
Whiskey_Bill

Excellent career trajectory there mate
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9618
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 22:21:00 (permalink)
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7471
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/16 22:22:57 (permalink)
What a wanker. That is all.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14410
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/17 10:47:46 (permalink)
i remember man like sprout-ee lolol, is that who whiskey bill is?

i have been MIA for about 6 years so I'm not up to date regarding the usual forum sphincters

Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22389
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/17 12:59:45 (permalink)
Sprout-ee is now MaxPower.

Whiskey-Bilge is a recent member, a Canadian alt-right Trump-licker with a line in shit racism and word salad.
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14410
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/17 13:55:00 (permalink)

Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7378
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/18 07:49:11 (permalink)
If any of you scumbags venture my way, book a table at The Warren in Tunbridge Wells. The best meal i've had in years.

@ Joey Gunz... This used to be Signor Franco. Owner died a few years ago but the new owners have smashed it.

Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 15732
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/18 10:49:05 (permalink)
Will get down with the mrs at some point then mate, cheers for that.
Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7378
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/18 10:49:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Joey Gunz 2017/05/18 11:07:35
Joey Gunz
Will get down with the mrs at some point then mate, cheers for that.

Hollar when you do and will meet you for a few jars. 

OEM
  • Total Posts : 32123
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/21 09:37:15 (permalink)
Impulsively purchased a bag of scotch bonnets with no idea how to make use of them.

Whipped them up into passata, cinnamon, paprika, touch of smoke flavour, sugar, salt with cooked down onions and coriander added at the end.

Surprisingly tasty tbh. The chilli creeps up on you a bit lol. Very grim and pungent gases emanating from my bum hole this morning.
post edited by OEM - 2017/05/21 09:39:48

gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6726
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 08:55:37 (permalink)
went here last night http://www.theothernaughtypiglet.co.uk/ and it was absolutely superb. delicious food and wine, all very reasonably priced. between four of us, we had one of everything and had a ruddy nice time

sister restaurant of http://www.naughtypiglets.co.uk/ in brixton
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31753
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 10:10:29 (permalink)
Looking for mid level lunch spots around Soho - Flat Iron or Hix are currently under consideration but open to hearing about other undiscovered gems.

Cuisine negotiable.
Joey Gunz
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 10:17:14 (permalink)
Go here https://www.hopperslondon.com/  or else
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31753
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 10:35:16 (permalink)
might just ruddy well do that.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4555
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 11:16:37 (permalink)
OEM
Impulsively purchased a bag of scotch bonnets with no idea how to make use of them.

Whipped them up into passata, cinnamon, paprika, touch of smoke flavour, sugar, salt with cooked down onions and coriander added at the end.

Surprisingly tasty tbh. The chilli creeps up on you a bit lol. Very grim and pungent gases emanating from my bum hole this morning.

I was looking for scotch bonnets in Tesco a couple of weeks back but they were out, so I went with these things called Komodo Dragon chillis. All sorts of warnings on the label about how hot they were.

Looked them up online and they're apparently one of the hottest chillis in the world, about 1.5m scovilles.

Chucked a couple in this Ghanaian corned beef stew we were making. The next morning wasn't pleasant.
Hector Savage
  • Total Posts : 2708
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 12:15:58 (permalink)
Tried reds for the first time recently. Top notch grub but the devil wings were just stupid.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6726
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/05/31 12:57:46 (permalink)
Snakey
Looking for mid level lunch spots around Soho - Flat Iron or Hix are currently under consideration but open to hearing about other undiscovered gems.

Cuisine negotiable.

few different styles etc:
brindisa
polpo
bocca di lupo
la bodega negra (the restaurant, not the cafe)
salvador y amanda
bonnie gull seafood shack

hoppers is quality though!
Joey Gunz
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/16 11:39:58 (permalink)
Right, level up, go buy yourself a bottle of Tajin Clasico Seasoning on Amazon or whatever.
Buy some mango, season that, welcome to your new life.
Fruta con Tajin.
Autograff
  • Total Posts : 11752
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/16 11:51:18 (permalink)
That's at least 2 threads I've seen you mention it now, will give it a go. 
Joey Gunz
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/16 11:57:53 (permalink)
I forgot about this thread when I posted it in Man Vs Food but mate do it, get the order in with amazon now.
Griff
  • Total Posts : 8227
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/28 11:09:07 (permalink)
@ Bristol peeps...

New burger place opened up on Colston Street.

https://www.facebook.com/asadobristol/

Quite possibly, the best burger I've ever had.  Incredible.

Considering there are a LOT of decent burger places in Bristol, this is right up there with the best of them. 
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4555
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/29 11:56:36 (permalink)
^^ That does look fucking good.

Had one of the best burgers I've ever had at a food festival in Bournemouth last weekend....1/3lb patty, spicy n'djoui sausage, minced jalapenos, cheese and chipotle mayo

Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22389
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/29 11:59:27 (permalink)
Griff
@ Bristol peeps...

New burger place opened up on Colston Street.

https://www.facebook.com/asadobristol/

Quite possibly, the best burger I've ever had.  Incredible.

Considering there are a LOT of decent burger places in Bristol, this is right up there with the best of them. 

Heard good things from a couple of people now...
Griff
  • Total Posts : 8227
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/06/29 12:04:13 (permalink)
Mate, it is the one.  They've gone for the dirty burger type style, but it is seriously good.  

Pretty cheap in there as well, £7/8 for the burgers, few quid for the sides.  
Ascension
  • Total Posts : 6272
Re: Joey Gunz Vs Food 2017/07/24 09:58:21 (permalink)
Any recommendations for a good place to get a curry near Covent Garden?
Page: << < ..111112113114 > Showing page 111 of 114
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0