Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..891892893894895.. > >> Showing page 892 of 898
Author
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31278
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:34:39 (permalink)
Pat, you used your Xbox much? 

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97477
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:41:17 (permalink)
DJModus
Domino
Razor
Smash is the single most overrated game ever made, IMHO

Agree. I can't even work out what the hell is going on... It's dry

You guys just have no skills. 

It's fast moving, but the controls are pretty simple once you get the hang of it. 

I still get my ass handed to me every time I go online though. 

Its stupidly simple for a fighting game, feels like a game for babies tbh. I just don't like anythjng about the gameplay. Nothing to do with a lack of skills lol, I play Tekken, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom etc which are all far more complicated with much longer move sets and combos.
post edited by RAYZA - 2019/01/10 15:42:40
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 9109
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:43:40 (permalink)
Never liked the Smash Bros games. Just not for me.
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5409
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:44:00 (permalink)
Razor
I've got Isaac Afterbirth and Rebirth on PS4, so I presume it has the dlc included, only one I haven't got is Afterbirth + but I heard it isn't all that?

Afterbirth+ is the only version I've played, but as far as I know it's the same game as Rebirth just with added items, no?
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5409
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:46:27 (permalink)
Razor
DJModus
Domino
Razor
Smash is the single most overrated game ever made, IMHO

Agree. I can't even work out what the hell is going on... It's dry

You guys just have no skills. 

It's fast moving, but the controls are pretty simple once you get the hang of it. 

I still get my ass handed to me every time I go online though. 

Its stupidly simple for a fighting game, feels like a game for babies tbh. I just don't like anythjng about the gameplay. Nothing to do with a lack of skills lol, I play Tekken, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom etc which are all far more complicated with much longer move sets and combos.

But it's classic Nintendo in that regard. Ridiculously simple to pick up, but hard to master. And you can well and truly master Smash Bros. There are some good videos online of the elite players who are just insanely good at it. 

I get it if it's not your thing, but the simplicity is the genius of it, imo. 
  • Total Posts : 6733
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:48:31 (permalink)
tekken 7 and SFV frustrated me - I thought Smash might be more of a chilled balance that didn't require as much dedication. I'm still not sure I'll stick with it. probably would have spent way more time on it if enough friends still came by for couch co-op but that's not so often these days. will most likely end up selling it but it'll keep it's value.  
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15638
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 15:58:52 (permalink)
Lrrr
Pat, you used your Xbox much? 

Yeah kinda... It's my second most used console after the Switch. The PS4 hasn't been switched on once since I got it. I've played a fair bit of Horizons 4, and I picked up the latest Assassin Creed which I've dipped into here and there. Been loving Hellblade too which is on game pass at the minute, it looks (and sounds) SICK. One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. Been catching up on the likes of Cuphead and I've installed Sea of Thieves but not played it yet.

Basically I'm using Switch for indies and Nintendo exclusives, PS4 for PS4 exclusives, and Xbox for everything else.

I like it a lot and the games certainly look pretty but the OS is definitely lacking polish vs PS4. There are a few little niggles which I can live with but are annoying nonetheless, such as:

If I use instant on it'll boot up stuck in 480p half the time, I then have to switch it off and on to get full resolution back thus defeating the purpose of instant on.

For some bizarre reason it doesn't have hdmi CEC so it doesn't auto switch the TV and I have to fanny about selecting it through my AV receiver.

Had to mess about with the video settings for ages to get rid of terrible banding in certain games. Still not totally fixed that but it's far better than it was. Something not right there.

Got the official controller battery pack with usb to save buying loads of batteries, but if you turn the console off and then plug the controller in to charge it TURNS THE FUCKING CONSOLE BACK ON. That's probably my biggest gripe, it gets me every time lol

You use yours much?
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 16:20:48 (permalink)
Surely the banding is a tv issue not the console? I've never noticed banding getting worse on a particular device but I've had to return a couple of tvs because it was so bad
Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 16:26:08 (permalink)
Nah everything else displays great on the TV. Almost certain it’s something about the output from the Xbox.
spils
  • Total Posts : 15136
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 19:05:52 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Nah everything else displays great on the TV. Almost certain it’s something about the output from the Xbox.

Which games? if its something with plenty of motion and a lack of motion blur its your TV. With no doubt a high latency. 

It could also be an engine issue and a rendering technique used by the engine in question. Or something as simple as a shit cable.

Mentioning the games may help.

Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 20:12:36 (permalink)
The worst I’ve seen it on is Ashen. Was unplayably bad to begin with but after experimenting with the system settings I eventually found that unticking 12 bit colour made a large improvement, although it hasn’t eliminated the banding entirely.

It’s most evident in gradients of light around the sun and in fog/mist effects.

Hellblade has similar effects but doesn’t suffer from banding at all even with 12 bit colour turned on.

TV and AV receiver are 100% definitely set up correctly as I’ve been through that at length after having trouble elsewhere.
spils
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 20:50:43 (permalink)
Whats the response time time of the TV?

RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 20:52:20 (permalink)
When I've had tvs that suffer from it it's always far more noticeable when there is one main colour in the background so football or anything on a green pitch looked really shit. Had a big bust up with Curry's who sent it back to me and said there is nothing wrong with it, I threatened to go to trading standards and the wankers collected it again and it was fixed within a few days.
post edited by RAYZA - 2019/01/10 20:54:48
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24922
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 23:15:58 (permalink)
The Destiny franchise just gained some potential.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/10/destiny-and-bungie-are-breaking-up-with-activision/

Things don't seem to be going well for Activision at all at the moment, which is great for gaming as a whole.
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 23:39:44 (permalink)
Sega are re releasing the Nomad, so random lol, I'll definitely get one though. Makes Saturn and Dreamcast minis seems far more likely.
Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/10 23:39:54 (permalink)
spils

In game mode it’s about 30ms for 4k, 47 in 1080p
spils
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 10:09:16 (permalink)
Postman Pat
spils

Holly shit thats terrible. Try the same console on a decent monitor if you have access to one with a sub 5ms and at least at 60hz

Id say its down to such a terrible response time or a bad panel.

Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 10:30:14 (permalink)
spils
Postman Pat
spils

Holly shit thats terrible. Try the same console on a decent monitor if you have access to one with a sub 5ms and at least at 60hz

Soz I posted input lag not response time. Response time is under 1ms.
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16445
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 10:49:13 (permalink)
Razor
Sega are re releasing the Nomad, so random lol, I'll definitely get one though. Makes Saturn and Dreamcast minis seems far more likely.

Always wanted one as a kid. Might purchase!
ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7995
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 10:55:07 (permalink)
Been enjoying Celeste to a point. Kind of got bored now on the 4th map though

will pick it up again though I'm sure.

Now giving Into the breach a proper crack, getting on better now. Simple but very tactical

Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 11:01:28 (permalink)
I love Into The Breach but I get angry when I realise I've made a mistake and have to just play it out. It's incredibly unforgiving. You've gotta be a few moves ahead at all times.
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 11:40:40 (permalink)
Anyone manage to add games to their PlayStation Classic? It seems so complicated compared to the SNES and NES minis which were so striaght forward. I've tried to follow instructions but none of my Roms are the right file types
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 11:44:27 (permalink)
Postman Pat
spils
Postman Pat
spils

Is it an OLED?
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 16:03:32 (permalink)
dj jamie
Razor

Always wanted one as a kid. Might purchase!

id never heard of it until few years ago. 
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 16:04:25 (permalink)
Also Hyperkin are releasing a NES Zapper that works on modern tvs, WATTBA
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 16:06:28 (permalink)
Retro Bit are the ones making the Nomad, I'm not sure copying the exact design is a great idea, they could have had a much bigger screen, the 'bezels' were huge
Postman Pat
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 16:07:42 (permalink)
Razor
Postman Pat
spils
Postman Pat
spils

Is it an OLED?

yup
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 16:18:41 (permalink)
Razor
Retro Bit are the ones making the Nomad, I'm not sure copying the exact design is a great idea, they could have had a much bigger screen, the 'bezels' were huge

are they making it so will play ROMs and stuff ?  As would be bit shit if only played Megadrive carts. 
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16172
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 17:35:40 (permalink)
REsident Evil 2 remake demo is out on PS4, 30 minute one shot demo.

If anyone remember when the original came out they gave u a 15 minute demo on the front of PlayStation magazine bitd so following in that lane
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2019/01/11 17:44:58 (permalink)
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-sidescroller-the-last-night-runs-into-massive-legal-and-funding-issues/

Visually the best indie game i've ever seen, well this and Cuphead. Hope it still comes out.
Page: << < ..891892893894895.. > >> Showing page 892 of 898
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0