Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..861862863864865.. > >> Showing page 861 of 869
Author
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19570
Re: GAMING 2018/09/22 22:14:14 (permalink)
Razor check your PMs m90.
Ankle
  • Total Posts : 4942
Re: GAMING 2018/09/22 23:55:11 (permalink)
Been caining PES, how anyone can opt for FIFA is beyond me. 

Just watching a load of DanielFromSL trolling, he's fucking brilliant: https://www.youtube.com/user/CaramelHoteI

21 21
  • Total Posts : 6371
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 09:56:00 (permalink)
I got Undertale on the Switch, I've played a couple of hours and it's jokes. It's an RPG but the writing is brilliant and the fights with other characters are all played out with great dialogue and mini-games. Loads of puzzles too. A steal at 8 quid I think!
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8791
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 10:10:44 (permalink)
New Death Stranding footage 

WTF is this game lol 
post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/09/23 10:12:17
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24625
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 12:06:12 (permalink)
So I enjoyed Tomb Raider so much I pretty much immediately went into Tomb Raider 2. It is good and certainly a lot longer than the first but it did feel like it was starting to drag a bit honestly, I thought the sunken ship levels were brilliant at first but by the third one I was starting to crave something different. The entire first half of the game (ignoring the prologue) seems to take place in man made environments with the more natural stuff only really appearing in the latter half, it could have been mixed up a bit more imo.

As commonly cited there are far too many humans to shoot, I really can't understand why there would be about a hundred people running around a ship on the bottom of the ocean lol. I guess I can understand why you might not want to make another game where you go around wiping out the local ecosystem in between solving puzzles but tbh it made sense to have animals given how demented the AI can be. At least the final boss wasn't just some bloke (technically it is in terms of story) as was pretty much the case in the first game, it actually felt like a decent ending this time.

One thing that really bothered me is the non stop looping ambience that you hear for about two thirds of the entire game (The one with the occasional gong sound which, incidentally, is never used in any of the China levels at the end). It's about two minutes long and you constantly have to listen to it over and over, you can always turn the music off but I'd prefer not to because the rest of the soundtrack is pretty decent. I dunno if the PC version had a cut down soundtrack or not for this one, I didn't see any mention of it anyway. Worst comes to worst you can always replace that particular track with silence but I only thought of that just now.

In terms of running it in 2018 it's not as bad as the first game, no digging files out of the GOG image this time. I believe it was just the one patch to enable hi-res, any aspect ratio, changing FOV values and changing the camera distance if you want. No screen tearing for me this time although I noticed that a few polygons here and there not rendering for some reason, nothing really noticeable apart from one missing ceiling and certainly nothing gamebreaking. It may have been caused by the patch tbh given that it just looks for certain values in the .exe and replaces them with whatever you put in.

Again, worth throwing a pound at.
post edited by shroomy - 2018/09/23 12:19:59
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 12:28:10 (permalink)
Not sure i can be arsed with new Tomb Raider.

Played the last two and whilst not bad games the problem with the new Tomb Raider games is Lara Croft is a terrible bland character devoid of any personality and the plot/stories are completely uninteresting and dialogue between characters etc is utterly awful. 

Gameplay is fine but it is at complete odds with likes of the Uncharted games - which don't have the best gameplay but genuinely do feel epic and like Indiana Jones as a game. Plus theyre fun. Theres humour in them. As Tomb Raider games has some rich miserable bird in with daddy isssues or something and tries to be all serious. really does have terrible writers .

Tomb Raider series imo already needs a reboot. Or least hire some fucking decent writers if trying to do a story-lead narrative Uncharted type of game. 

Like said the actual gameplay of first two wasn't bad but my god sack/change your writers. 
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 13:01:22 (permalink)
Well the 2013 one was a reboot already and from the looks of it an attempt to try and imitate the success of the Uncharted by shifting the focus towards the narrative and action side of things rather than exploration and puzzles. To be honest it was a pretty sound move given that the franchise now has a decent amount of interest in it again when it felt like it was starting to follow in Sonic's footsteps to some degree.

As you have said though this new version of Lara just isn't likeable at all, I think it played a large part in me not wanting to press on with the 2013 game about an hour or so in. To be honest I think the original Lara was pretty devoid of any personality too as she always seemed indifferent to everything that was going on around her. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing though, Gordon Freeman doesn't have any personality either, and given that the story in the old Tomb Raiders is pretty much negligible she doesn't really need one.
post edited by shroomy - 2018/09/23 13:02:35
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11462
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 14:56:57 (permalink)
Heroes of the Storm - like a moba x with bloodline champions x overwatchish (objectives)

good fun tho
JUDGEDREDD
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 15:29:04 (permalink)
The beginning of the journey on fifa 19 demo seems a bit like homoerotic fanfiction 
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96178
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 15:36:15 (permalink)
Did you get Origin Access Premier to play it early?
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 16:01:45 (permalink)
shroomy
One thing that really bothered me is the non stop looping ambience that you hear for about two thirds of the entire game...

I've heard this shit so much that I immediately clocked it being reused with a bit of processing in the second level of tomb raider 3. Ffffffffffffff...

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 20:44:36 (permalink)
https://youtu.be/Ox7En_cYAa8

Worlds greatest game room

What a lucky fucker
Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17437
Re: GAMING 2018/09/23 21:25:12 (permalink)
Jesus the amount of money that would have cost
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 01:12:29 (permalink)
Razor

What a lucky fucker

he looks and sounds mentally unwell. his son should be taken in to care. 
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 03:07:29 (permalink)
Most Aussies are

He did have a heart attack a few weeks ago
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 05:49:31 (permalink)
Clearly packing a serious case of the old autism there. Fair play to him though, if you're going to go down the rain man route you may as well focus on video games.

Also massive lol at  "Seeger- that's just how Australians say it". I know a fair few Aussie games journos and I've never once heard anyone pronounce it like that.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19715
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 07:41:25 (permalink)
Razor

What a lucky fucker

Bollox to dusting all that; it also looks like a Game store from about 15 years ago!
JUDGEDREDD
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 08:36:46 (permalink)
I wonder how he affords it all, the insurance must be ridiculous 
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6371
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 08:53:15 (permalink)
Nintendollerydoo
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41750
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 09:29:16 (permalink)
Not really bought much for the Switch since last December.

Going to order Aces and Fifa 19, any other recommendations for games released in the last few months?

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21520
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 10:48:54 (permalink)
Personally ..  I have bought only Captain Toad in the last few months

Had a passing interest in Aces..  Until I played the demo and didn't like it

Only other thing out now that interests me that I don't have already is Octopath Traveller but waiting for it to go down in price as I haven't got much time to play it right now anyway

Looking forward to Smash Bros, Yoshi and that sega compilation thing
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41750
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 14:57:47 (permalink)
Safe bro, what’s Toad like?

Looks quite amusing.

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 15:31:31 (permalink)
Yeah I really like it... There is a demo of it on the e-store, I dunno if it is still up though 

You can pick it up for about £20 too... Which is a bonus.. Not a blockbuster but a good, solid and fun game
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 15:47:50 (permalink)
Picked that up on Wii U recently for 8 quid. Can't bring myself to pay double or triple to have it on Switch.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 16:13:56 (permalink)
Well you can either pay £20 or carry a Wii U, TV and a generator around with you everywhere. I literally don't have time to sit in front of a telly playing games these days
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 16:34:56 (permalink)
If you've played Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, it's an expansion of the Toad levels from that although it's a bit more challenging than most of the 3d world offerings once you reach world 2. I quite liked it although it did start to get a bit tiresome towards the end of the main 64 levels and I certainly didn't get the urge to go back and 100% it.

Definitely a good game but it'll feel like it's outstaying it's welcome if you try to breeze through it all as fast as you can. Better for short play sessions when you've got a few minutes to kill imo.

£20 quid is a relatively decent price if you can actually get it on the Switch for that. Wii U copies are still listed on google at around £25 although tbh anything over a tenner for that version is a pisstake.
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 17:11:07 (permalink)

Is there a good reason why the framerate is so low in some of these clips? I know ridge 4 was pushing the system a bit but it clearly used to run better than that.

Pre orders are open btw if you fancy putting money down on unknown games for an emulator that might not even be able to handle it lol.
post edited by shroomy - 2018/09/24 17:12:13
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 17:24:29 (permalink)
Already ordered mine. Be surprised if they performed worse than they did originally.
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 20:05:33 (permalink)
Tempted to order a few to flog on when they inevitably sell out but no interest in playing janky versions of 20 year old games on 55 inch screen.

Anyone buying a Switch really needs to pick up Dead Cells, especially if you're into roguelikes. Easily my Game of the Year so far - pumped more hours into it than God of War and Spider-Man put together.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/09/24 20:08:48 (permalink)
There will be plenty I'm sure, Sony don't often have supply issues.

I played Dead Cells when I bought it but haven't gone back to it, really need to.

I think God Of War beats Spiderman as my GOTY, there's too much filler and busy work in Spiderman and its starting to get old. The main story is great.
Page: << < ..861862863864865.. > >> Showing page 861 of 869
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0