Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 835 of 851
Author
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19514
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 02:56:48 (permalink)

Game sounds fucking amazing tbh.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95576
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 06:52:44 (permalink)
That game looks proper shit
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15177
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 07:55:26 (permalink)
Assassins Creed 2 was great, I really really enjoyed it. Haven’t finished another one since though, and I’ve played most of them. 2 big reasons are the repetiveness of the quests, and that the maps just keep getting bigger and bigger.

In 2 you spend most of your time scurrying about on roof tops in sensible sized maps based on the likes of Venice or Florence, and that was really good fun. There’d not been a game like it before really. After 2 the maps gradually became bigger, streets got wider and more open spaces appeared until now you’ve got Origins which is set in a huge fucking desert and instead of scurrying about on rooftops you’re riding around on a camel lol

Bigger is definitely not better in game map design. To make another properly good Assassin’s Creed they need to shrink it right down and focus on making another intricate city environment.
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6178
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 08:32:13 (permalink)
Not a fan of the AC games really but Black Flag was fucking great fun. Loved the whole pirate thing and got well into the pirate trading route thing you could do. Yaaar.

Can't stop playing Terraria. It's really, really addictive and they have made it so it just keeps you going back to progress just a little bit more. The pace moves along well and you always have new upgrades just out of reach that you need to grind for, but just grind a little bit. They've got the 'loop' sorted, really well. 

Thinking about picking up Moonlighter but might wait until it hits the Switch. Definitely a Switch type of game. 
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26791
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 08:40:34 (permalink)
Razor
Horizon is well overrated too IMHO. Only thing I really like about it is the music.

What a terrible thing to say. Deeply upsetting.

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44276
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 09:04:55 (permalink)
Horizon is not overrated hth.

Ark is absolute garbage, one of the shoddiest games ever released, yet it was the most downloaded game on PS store for a good chunk of last year.

Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6359
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 13:04:54 (permalink)
Razor
Has Kingdom Come been fixed yet?

Nope, they did a big update and I thought I'd resume my game after quitting due to bugged quests. Picked a quest at random, it bugged and I couldn't complete it.

Shame as it's really fun when it works, I see they've road mapped DLC.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8616
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 13:36:36 (permalink)
Thought Horizon was great myself and one my fave games of last year but there's room for improvements in any sequel. The climbing mechanics for starters .
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 15:18:38 (permalink)
Just nothing about it makes me want to keep playing, i've tried many times but each time i play it i find it an ok experience which i don't have an urge to play again the next day. The facial animation is as bad as Mass Effect Andromeda which no one seemed to mention and i don't find the combat fun. The only reason i don't want to give up on it is the fact i paid 50 quid for it, it's one of the purchases that has made me more hesitant about buying games full price. W def B Aloy tho.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/06/01 15:20:18
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/01 15:31:29 (permalink)
Any of you lot used Playstation TV? How's the image quality? 
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2018/06/01 23:55:08 (permalink)
Mario Tennis trial is working now, it seems really good so far, very nice to look at on the Switch screen with its sharp and colourful graphics. I can see myself playing both this and Tennis World Tour for years to come.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/06/02 00:00:21
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2018/06/01 23:57:25 (permalink)
Anyone interested in Yooka Laylee on PC?
godf
  • Total Posts : 4903
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 01:34:41 (permalink)
Razor

Yeah - especially if their update really sorted the camera out.

dazdsb
Not a fan of the AC games really but Black Flag was fucking great fun. Loved the whole pirate thing and got well into the pirate trading route thing you could do. Yaaar.

That's the only one I've played, but I found it a struggle to not make it less fun for myself by obsessively collecting stuff I don't care about. I really should go back to that and try to focus more on just the good stuff.

I couldn't believe how shit the 'follow someone without being seen' missions still were, when people had been complaining so much about them since the first game.
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 02:57:09 (permalink)
Origins was the first AC game I really enjoyed. Even the early ones got a bit samey with the identikit assassination missions and the auto fail if you got too far/to close to the target.

Origins' Egyptian backdrop (weird how few games have been set there) amazing visuals and varied mission structure kept me hooked to the end. The map is huge but that was one of the best things about it. Probably the only open world game that comes close to capturing the size and scope of Witcher 3.

It was a bit broken in that there were a few weapons you could get that were massively OP but still a solid 9/10 for me. Well worth checking out when it inevitably goes on sale for peanuts when Odyssey comes out.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 03:27:06 (permalink)
godf
Razor

Yeah - especially if their update really sorted the camera out.

dazdsb

That's the only one I've played, but I found it a struggle to not make it less fun for myself by obsessively collecting stuff I don't care about. I really should go back to that and try to focus more on just the good stuff.

I couldn't believe how shit the 'follow someone without being seen' missions still were, when people had been complaining so much about them since the first game.

It improved the camera a fair bit but didn't stop the game from being fairly dull, when you start a world its fun for a while but there's way too much running around trying to find something to do. It was fairly enjoyable for a while though. I'll send you the key tomorrow.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 12:38:57 (permalink)
How come Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles are not on the "Sega Classics" recent release?
Thats just odd . Is it really down to the alledged Michael Jackson songs? Just chnage a few songs . Im pretty sure the only Michael Jackson song was on end credits song (Stranger In Moscow) in Sonic 3 anyway. 
godf
  • Total Posts : 4903
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 13:01:37 (permalink)
Razor
I'll send you the key tomorrow.

Lovely - thanks.
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24564
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 14:22:19 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
How come Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles are not on the "Sega Classics" recent release?
Thats just odd . Is it really down to the alledged Michael Jackson songs? Just chnage a few songs . Im pretty sure the only Michael Jackson song was on end credits song (Stranger In Moscow) in Sonic 3 anyway. 

I doubt it, he was never credited in the first place. 

In fact some of the evidence for him being involved at all is debatable. One of the people who worked on the soundtrack did work with MJ though, apparently he made this in 1982 which is clearly Ice Cap Zone's music, commonly cited as being one of the MJ tunes. Whether or not this is 100% genuine I'm not sure but it's more believable than the MJ thing I think.

post edited by shroomy - 2018/06/02 14:26:17
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 15:01:05 (permalink)

this sounds a lot like Michael Jackson's "Stranger In Moscow" and it was before Jacko released that song.
pretty sure Jacko did have some involvement with Sega/Sonic 3 music and is not just an urban myth. 

post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/06/02 15:03:21
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1504
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2018/06/02 16:14:20 (permalink)
Razor
Mario Tennis trial is working now, it seems really good so far, very nice to look at on the Switch screen with its sharp and colourful graphics. I can see myself playing both this and Tennis World Tour for years to come.

I am so tempted to get a Switch just for this. The Story mode option is killer for me. I loved that Game Boy Advance version.
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2018/06/02 16:24:02 (permalink)
The story mode looks great, far more elaborate and in depth than it has any right to be, Kart and Smash should do something similar.

The game is so addictive, after 5 minutes I knew it was a must buy.

The only Mario Tennis I've played before was on the Virtual Boy, it had no modes and no depth to the gameplay but I still played it quite a lot, this one has far more depth to the gameplay with 4 or 5 shot types, charge metre, finishing moves, options to play just with normal tennis rules etc.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/06/02 16:27:50
GSV
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2018/06/02 17:07:07 (permalink)
Officially starting my tediously inevitable journey to crushing disappointment when EA don't announce a new Fight Night game at E3.
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24564
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 19:30:59 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux

this sounds a lot like Michael Jackson's "Stranger In Moscow" and it was before Jacko released that song.
pretty sure Jacko did have some involvement with Sega/Sonic 3 music and is not just an urban myth. 

Yeah, and Carnival Night bears a similarity to MJ's stuff but if it was produced by someone who worked with MJ then it would do anyway. 

I wouldn't read too much into MJ having ties with Sega tbh, Moonwalker was already out by then and was exclusive to Sega hardware on consoles / in the arcade.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 19:42:45 (permalink)
Moonwalker arcade is so good
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 21:37:08 (permalink)
Moonwalker the game is something else. Getting health packs from touching little boys and girls dotted around the map, you couldn't make it up.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 22:26:45 (permalink)
Michael!
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5201
Re: GAMING 2018/06/02 23:40:43 (permalink)
Noc
Moonwalker the game is something else. Getting health packs from touching little boys and girls dotted around the map, you couldn't make it up.

All the weirdness gets a pass from me because 8-bit Smooth Criminal is unbelievably wonderful.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/06/03 02:18:13 (permalink)
Anyhow leaving Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles off a "Sega Classics" is just criminal. 
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/06/03 02:58:05 (permalink)
Its strange but I've got all those games on Steam already anyway so I'm not bothered, got the boxed carts too. Can't you get those games on every platform anyway?
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/06/03 13:21:41 (permalink)
wheres the Saturn and Dreamcast classics release?
Be more interested in that
Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 835 of 851
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0