Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 827 of 832
Author
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 94259
Re: GAMING 2018/05/10 19:41:20 (permalink)
Looks decent if a little generic. I will probably get it.
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: GAMING 2018/05/10 20:32:54 (permalink)
I played Goldeneye over Christmas and still loved it. The graphics haven't aged well but it's not a problem apart from the first level. I tried playing Zelda again but the graphics are so blurry. Hopefully the rumoured N64 mini will have improved them.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19286
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 03:05:57 (permalink)

Turns out you can change facial expressions in Dad of Boy's photo mode. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24538
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 07:03:34 (permalink)
Graphics were never the problem with Goldeneye lol
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 07:25:10 (permalink)
Playing Moonwalker Arcade on MAME on a Friday morning WATTBA

Launchbox>>>>>
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 10903
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 08:54:55 (permalink)
Razor
Playing Moonwalker Arcade on MAME on a Friday morning WATTBA

Launchbox>>>>>

Looks great, I loved the megadrive version 
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8279
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 11:02:37 (permalink)
Razor
Looks decent if a little generic. I will probably get it.

yeh it does look generic.
not sure what to make of it tbh after watching that.  still looks a bit of a mixed bag. some good stuff and  i guess the bike stuff could make it bit unique but didn't like the characters and seems all bit generic as you say. the going into houses picking up stuff and crafting , the woods etc just reeked of The Last Of Us. 

its not out for another year and with The Last Of Us 2 likely next year too might get overshadowed. maybe thats why there showing as much gameplay now before E3 (?)

Im sure it will end up decent but nothing really makes me think "woah" with it so far. Theres more gameplay being shown later today btw. 

ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7931
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 12:08:00 (permalink)
started xcom 2 yesterday. fuck me this is hard

Specialized1
  • Total Posts : 21695
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 12:48:27 (permalink)
ramraider
started xcom 2 yesterday. fuck me this is hard

The start is the hardest part. Once you battle through it gets a lot easier. 

STEAM - McGrayUK
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16296
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 13:31:29 (permalink)
The best bit about having a Raspberry Pi and building a retro console was actually putting it all together, sourcing the ROMs, BIOS, all that shit.

I made a monster of a system then never played it 
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2120
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 14:32:27 (permalink)
It was worth the fifty quid and the 30 hours of fucking about it took to put my Pi emulator together just to play A Link to The Past again.

Plus auto save on exit regardless of in game saves means i can just get on for ten mins here and there when i get a chance. 
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 10903
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 14:55:58 (permalink)
Anyone used a bluetooth controller with Android? Tried to get my xbox one controller to work with it but no dice.

Could just use an old phone for the emulator / roms and cast it to the tv then use some bluetooth controllers
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/05/11 22:50:18 (permalink)
Original Nuttah
I played Goldeneye over Christmas and still loved it. The graphics haven't aged well but it's not a problem apart from the first level. I tried playing Zelda again but the graphics are so blurry. Hopefully the rumoured N64 mini will have improved them.

The N64 Zeldas got remasters/remakes on the 3DS. Played Majoras Mask on it was pretty good. Graphics and sound got upgrades and they changed a few things for the better. What a strange Zelda game that is. 

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 05:09:19 (permalink)
i didn't know this was on Steam, i adored this game as a kid and have never spoken to anyone who's played or even heard of it before. I was completely immersed in it at the time like no game i'd played before, i remember thinking graphics now feel like real life lol. Written by Douglas Adams and i believe someone from Monty Python.

https://store.steampowere...7290/Starship_Titanic/
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 07:35:02 (permalink)
Retro gaming is the textbook definition of rose-tinted specs. Every 90s/early 00s game is ten times better in your head than it will ever be now.

I was hyped to get the SNES mini as it was the console that shaped my childhood but it's sat gathering dust. Most of those games are best left as memories. Starfox was pushing the boundaries in 93, it's borderline unplayable now.

Certain games like Mario do have a timeless quality but level design, save points and UI have come so far in the past 20-30 years that a lot of them feel clunky as fuck.

I don't think we'll have this problem in future generations though. Fairly sure God of War and Mario Odyssey look and feel crisp enough to hold their appeal for decades.
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6340
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 09:14:17 (permalink)
Don't be stupid, the same thing will happen.

wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2655
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 10:26:30 (permalink)
Noc
Retro gaming is the textbook definition of rose-tinted specs. Every 90s/early 00s game is ten times better in your head than it will ever be now.

I was hyped to get the SNES mini as it was the console that shaped my childhood but it's sat gathering dust. Most of those games are best left as memories. Starfox was pushing the boundaries in 93, it's borderline unplayable now.

Certain games like Mario do have a timeless quality but level design, save points and UI have come so far in the past 20-30 years that a lot of them feel clunky as fuck.

I don't think we'll have this problem in future generations though. Fairly sure God of War and Mario Odyssey look and feel crisp enough to hold their appeal for decades.

Did we not think that with Mario and Sonic? Best thing we had ever seen at the time and how can it be beaten
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21332
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 11:08:51 (permalink)
In 10 years... Christ only knows what games will be like. Probably whole virtual reality worlds. 
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1431
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 11:15:41 (permalink)
I remember looking at Lara Crofts triangular tits in Tomb Raider 2 and thinking graphics cannot get much better than this
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 11:31:30 (permalink)
Noc

Nope, just Goldeneye and other games that had awful controls.

It's a breath of fresh air to play something that vaguely resembles a game rather than a second job and doesn't constantly badger me for money in exchange for fuck all tbh.

You must have been playing some terrible games all this time.
post edited by shroomy - 2018/05/13 11:33:52
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1431
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 11:35:28 (permalink)
Super Metroid is still the best game ever made
Noc
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 11:39:20 (permalink)
Domino
In 10 years... Christ only knows what games will be like. Probably whole virtual reality worlds. 

The rate of progress is slowing down massively. We won’t see the huge leaps forward of the past 10-15 years.

Once we hit 4K native, 60fps as a standard, I reckon most studios will be happy enough with that for decades.

VR is another thing entirely but it seems only a tiny proportion of the market give a fuck about these gaming chair headsets. Make it sunglasses size with no loss of definition and I’m in.
post edited by Noc - 2018/05/13 11:40:21
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30553
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 12:29:55 (permalink)
RPi’s are so cheap it’s definitely worthwhile. Some games age perfectly well.

Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 12:46:01 (permalink)
my original vague point was that a lot of the PS1/N64/early 3D era of the mid-late 90s have dated terribly . More so than the 16-bit sprite era. 

Ugly polygons with no textures and shit camera / controls plagues a lot of mid-late 90s games. Even highly rated ones. 

Classic SNES and Megadrive games have ironically aged better IMO and still stand up.

Could anyone in sane mind seriously go back and play the original Tomb Raider or Tekken on the PS 1? And still maintain its "great" today  ? 

No its shite. 

Super Marioworld and Sonic The Hedgehog howveer still hold up. 
wakeytom
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 14:19:51 (permalink)
We still play Tekken 3 quite a lot and get out Goldeneye every Christmas Eve for a 4 player game alongside Mario kart 64 before going to the pub
Lrrr
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 16:31:45 (permalink)
Don’t you live in the sticks tho? PS3 will be reaching you guys soon, the graphics will blow you all away.

wakeytom
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 18:10:59 (permalink)
Lrrr
Don’t you live in the sticks tho? PS3 will be reaching you guys soon, the graphics will blow you all away.

Cannot wait for the PS3 to be honest, I just read about what we will be getting with the PS2 and it sounds so good
Lrrr
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 18:16:50 (permalink)
😂

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 18:59:42 (permalink)
Lots of old games hold up just fine. People also said the PS4 wouldn't be a huge leap over the PS3 and it was, the same will happen again. Once 4k 60fps is standard we will move onto 8k and 120fps, as if the tv manufacturers are just going to give up and stop selling tvs or Nvidia & AMD aren't going to keep pushing forward GPU tech.

post edited by RAYZA - 2018/05/13 19:04:14
shroomy
Re: GAMING 2018/05/13 23:25:02 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
my original vague point was that a lot of the PS1/N64/early 3D era of the mid-late 90s have dated terribly . More so than the 16-bit sprite era. 

Ugly polygons with no textures and shit camera / controls plagues a lot of mid-late 90s games. Even highly rated ones. 

Classic SNES and Megadrive games have ironically aged better IMO and still stand up.

Could anyone in sane mind seriously go back and play the original Tomb Raider or Tekken on the PS 1? And still maintain its "great" today  ? 

No its shite. 

Super Marioworld and Sonic The Hedgehog howveer still hold up. 

While you are right that they have aged horribly I don't think that picking out two early releases really suggests that ps1 era games can't still be great.

As far as ps1 games go I'd still happily play:
Tekken 3
Time Crisis
Point Blank Series
Klonoa
Pandemonium Series
All three Wipeouts although the first won't appeal to most
Kurushi / Intelligent Qube
Kula World / Roll Away
Crash Bandicoot Series
Crash Team Racing
Wu Tang: Taste The Pain if you can get a 4 player game going.
Parappa The Rapper
Ape Escape
Devil Dice / Xi
Exhumed / Powerslave
Doom ps1 version because I like the darker soundtrack
Moto Racer 1
Tony Hawk Series
Rayman 1
Mr. Driller

To name a few. A lot of those are IPs that have since not seen the light of day or completely run into the ground by idiot publishers trying to make a quick buck. There simply is no equivalent on modern systems for a fair few of these and will therefore always have a place.

You won't be able to say the same about games that are produced purely to shot micro transactions in 10-15 years time that's for sure. A lot of them are potentially going to cease to exist completely lol.
Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 827 of 832
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0