Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 821 of 861
Author
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95926
Re: GAMING 2018/04/14 19:46:16 (permalink)
dreamworld
Apparently that Mega Drive mini is being manufactured by ATGames :(

Shenmue though.

Really? I thought they did the last one which got bad reviews, why would they make a big deal out of them doing another one?
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8701
Re: GAMING 2018/04/14 19:48:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dreamworld 2018/04/14 20:06:34
dreamworld
Was it the first open world style game? Must have been one of them.

yeh kind of (if ignore a lot of RPGs).  Shenumue was one fist games that had tedious quick-time-events.
Ive not played Shenmue since early 2000s but i would bet it hasnt aged well at all. 

dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 5037
Re: GAMING 2018/04/14 20:06:16 (permalink)
Razor

Really? I thought they did the last one which got bad reviews, why would they make a big deal out of them doing another one?

Yeah they tweeted it..

https://twitter.com/atgfl...85158110837911552?s=21

I guess it could still be ok if Sega are doing quality control.
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5225
Re: GAMING 2018/04/14 22:53:26 (permalink)
Mario Odyssey 100% complete. Very satisfying. All purple coins, 999 moons.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19545
Re: GAMING 2018/04/16 09:58:47 (permalink)
Finally finished God of War. Absolute masterpiece. Almost flawless apart from the frame rate issues and the odd dodgy water texture. Going at it again at hard bastard difficulty just to long it out.

Football Manager on Switch though. Decent enough but fucking hell the UI is woeful. . Three fiddly button presses just to bring up your tactics screen and the decision to call it “touch” is a joke considering how bad the touch controls are.

Weird that they’ve dropped basic features like team talks and player interactions too. I get the need to streamline it but those were minor features introduced in FM 01/02.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/16 10:13:03 (permalink)
DJModus

Any bonus for doing it?
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/16 10:15:52 (permalink)
Noc
Finally finished God of War. Absolute masterpiece. Almost flawless apart from the frame rate issues and the odd dodgy water texture. Going at it again at hard bastard difficulty just to long it out.

Football Manager on Switch though. Decent enough but fucking hell the UI is woeful. . Three fiddly button presses just to bring up your tactics screen and the decision to call it “touch” is a joke considering how bad the touch controls are.

Weird that they’ve dropped basic features like team talks and player interactions too. I get the need to streamline it but those were minor features introduced in FM 01/02.

Were the performance issues on a Pro at (checkerboard) 4K?

I was excited to see FM on Switch until I saw how basic it is, I would love the full version on the go with cross save on PC.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19545
Re: GAMING 2018/04/16 10:40:29 (permalink)
Yeah the frame rate dips all over the place if you run it in 4K. I'm not usually a huge FPS geek but it was getting distracting so I played most of it in performance mode.

Shame that it wasn't optimised better as it's visually stunning. Hopefully they'll patch it.

FM Switch is far more stripped down than it needed to be. Only a 2.5gb download. They could have done a proper job but they've blatantly just ported the mobile version over and charged 5 times the price for it. I'm still enjoying it but it's a pisstake.
_Modus_
Re: GAMING 2018/04/16 10:55:05 (permalink)
Razor
DJModus

Any bonus for doing it?

Yeah, an massively anti-climactic one. 

When you get the final purple coins on any level, you get a little round of applause though. I found that immensely satisfying. 
Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 1319
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 09:57:03 (permalink)
Finished Ghost Of A Tale. It's a small game(world) and has it's issues but is utterly charming. If you don't mind cutesy stuff, just get this game.

Not sure what to play next out of Vermintide 2 (need to meet some players for it), Dawn Of War 3, Dishonoured 2 or XCom 2. But really waiting for....

April 24th - Battletech HYPE

May 11th - Inquisitor Martyr HYPE

...is this what you want???
_Modus_
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 10:15:37 (permalink)
Since finishing Odyssey I've been getting irretrievably addicted to Binding Of Isaac. When I first picked it up I thought it was a shit idea that you keep having to start again, but didn't realise quite how varied the items are. 

Such a unique way to play a game.
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26802
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 10:27:34 (permalink)
Been obsessed with Sky Force Reloaded for the last few days. Why is every game so fucking good?

Anyone else playing this? Currently on stage 09 and have just unlocked a second ship. WAFG.

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17372
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 10:31:36 (permalink)
Wow, that 'Ghost Of A Tale' looks amazing, hadn't even heard of it!! 

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 1319
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 14:29:09 (permalink)
Mr EQ, it's a bit under the radar, being an indie game made by a very small team: http://store.steampowered...17290/Ghost_of_a_Tale/

From my previous post: 

It's pretty much Mouse Souls: Prepare To Styx Edition - basically if what you really want in gaming is a direct combination of Styx (gameplay mechanics), Wind In The Willows (characters and theme) and a hint of Dark Souls (map unfolding and occasional traps), then this is the game you've been waiting for. And it's actually really well done, if you don't mind slow gameplay as your routes and quests slowwwly unfold. The setting and plot are good (although the game world is tiny), the control system is refreshingly direct and responsive, and the mouse Tilo is endearingly cute and well animated. There's a few issues: some graphical glitches, textures are a bit busy, night time is very gloomy, navigating the world is slow, and it really could have done with voice acting - not least because the characters and dialogue are pretty good. But I really liked it (and I am not a fan of cartoony cuteness) and reckon it's worth a look...

...is this what you want???
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/17 15:30:58 (permalink)
Kola Nut
Been obsessed with Sky Force Reloaded for the last few days. Why is every game so fucking good?

Anyone else playing this? Currently on stage 09 and have just unlocked a second ship. WAFG.

Second ship? How does that work? And yeah the game is sick, i've got it on PC & Switch
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/18 17:44:16 (permalink)
New AVGN is up.....on Amazon Prime, at 39 mins it's the longest episode yet
clark grizwald
  • Total Posts : 4559
Re: GAMING 2018/04/18 23:22:46 (permalink)
Did anyone bother with Ni No Kuni 2? Wish I hadn't...just about managed to slog through to the end but it was painful. No challenge whatsoever up until the last boss which was an absolute bastard and took about 40mins to kill. Every other battle you could pretty much just win mashing buttons. Crap story, stupid characters, terrible fetch quests which make up 90% of the game. Even the kingdom building which sounded good turned out to be pretty shite. The combat was better than the first but was far too easy, maybe if Ghibli had been on board and created a bit of a better story it would have been more interesting. Looking forward to trading it for God of War at the weekend. No idea how it reviewed so well.

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/18 23:48:03 (permalink)
Sounds sick lol

Man I can't wait for God of War, hope it turns up tomorrow
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/18 23:52:00 (permalink)
Nope, been sent but says arriving Friday, oh well that will do
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 16:13:30 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8701
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 16:17:04 (permalink)
I'm confused in where to start with Yakuza 
Isn't this the third game within a year or something ?

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 16:21:43 (permalink)
start at 0
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15178
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 17:05:00 (permalink)
clark grizwald
Did anyone bother with Ni No Kuni 2? Wish I hadn't...just about managed to slog through to the end but it was painful. No challenge whatsoever up until the last boss which was an absolute bastard and took about 40mins to kill. Every other battle you could pretty much just win mashing buttons. Crap story, stupid characters, terrible fetch quests which make up 90% of the game. Even the kingdom building which sounded good turned out to be pretty shite. The combat was better than the first but was far too easy, maybe if Ghibli had been on board and created a bit of a better story it would have been more interesting. Looking forward to trading it for God of War at the weekend. No idea how it reviewed so well.

Yeah I picked it up and got bored of it pretty quick, feel much the same as you. My kid loves it though so not a complete waste. That’s about the level it’s on really, it’s a jrpg for 9 year olds.
post edited by Postman Pat - 2018/04/19 17:06:01
clark grizwald
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 18:04:07 (permalink)
Postman Pat
clark grizwald

Yeah I picked it up and got bored of it pretty quick, feel much the same as you. My kid loves it though so not a complete waste. That’s about the level it’s on really, it’s a jrpg for 9 year olds.

Shame really because it seemed like there was quite an in depth battle system beneath the surface but there is just no need to ever bother delving into it because the combat is so easy. Don't think I even used a health regen item till about chapter 7 and there are only 9 chapters in the game.

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 18:07:41 (permalink)
no difficulty settings?
clark grizwald
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 18:12:19 (permalink)
Razor
no difficulty settings?

Nope. Just really easy all the way through and then a big difficulty spike at the end!

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1608
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 19:23:25 (permalink)
Razor
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-19-yakuza-6-review-a-new-beginning-and-a-fitting-end-for-segas-great-series

ffs i need this but need to stay strong and wait for Kiwami 2

I'm tempted to play 6 when I finish 0 and do the Kiwami's after.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 20:11:04 (permalink)
Satellite Reign is free on Humble, the spiritual successor to Syndicate. Usually 20 quid. Not played it but I'll give it a go for sure, I used to like Syndicate Wars.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2018/04/19 20:12:41 (permalink)
Original Nuttah
Razor
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-19-yakuza-6-review-a-new-beginning-and-a-fitting-end-for-segas-great-series

ffs i need this but need to stay strong and wait for Kiwami 2

I'm tempted to play 6 when I finish 0 and do the Kiwami's after.

Its tempting but I think I can wait till August considering my backlog and I've got God of War and Detroit pre ordered. I'm not sure I'd want to go back after beating 6.
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44308
Re: GAMING 2018/04/20 07:37:42 (permalink)
God of War then. played the first few hours last night and tbh it's fucking incredible. Anyone getting it today?

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 821 of 861
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0