Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 697 of 745
Author
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2156
Re: GAMING 2017/04/21 14:13:25 (permalink)
Syhr
Just been given a code for Farming Simulator 17. pretty excited tbh.

Great fun to be honest
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 90518
Re: GAMING 2017/04/21 14:16:15 (permalink)
That reminds me i meant to check out Euro Truck Simulator in VR
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/21 18:08:51 (permalink)
Finally come to my senses and uninstalled FIFA, what an absolute cunt of a game. 95% of the games have subtle but noticeable input lag making the whole thing infuriating. Just wish i hadn't spent so much money on UT. 
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5791
Re: GAMING 2017/04/21 21:49:58 (permalink)
Just had an email from Amazon that MARIO Kart will be delivered on release date now which is a result
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5163
Re: GAMING 2017/04/21 22:04:12 (permalink)

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7418
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 20:07:50 (permalink)
i dont get how anyone or some on here were saying Doom (2016) is 'easy'.
Its fucking rock solid and very frustrating at least part im in at moment in Hell. 
Maybe im not juggling my weapons properly or something but ive came so near many times to smashing my controller on floor.
Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 1026
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 20:19:38 (permalink)
Maybe 250% easier with mouse + keyboard??

I wouldn't say it is easy but I would say it is normal for an action shooter.

I'm trying to think if there's anything useful I can remember other than the obvious of keep moving, keep changing your cover, manage your pick-ups so you don't waste health packs, explore everywhere for ammo and items. There's some benefits to the right weapon upgrades so maybe tinker around with those...

...is this what you want???
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 20:26:21 (permalink)
Playing a non story focused FPS with a controller is a complete waste of time
¯ICE¯
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 20:39:32 (permalink)
Razor

Agree.  I haven't enjoyed an FPS since I last had a capable gaming PC back in 2007 with BF2.  With a control pad it feels like trying to play a piano with boxing gloves on.
post edited by _ICE_ - 2017/04/22 20:41:44
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 21:19:50 (permalink)
Razor

There is a story - albeit not a very good one. 

I don't think playing with control pad with this version of Doom makes that much of a big difference as its not exactly a game about accuracy and encourages you to get close to enemies unlike most FPS. 

I just think im shit at it. 

I like it but man its frustrating.

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 21:22:17 (permalink)
i mean any FPS where timing and speed isn't particularly important and the focus is on action. 
Jut
  • Total Posts : 3168
Re: GAMING 2017/04/22 22:20:28 (permalink)
Razor

I forced myself for Doom but I'm still not quite there.

Might build a cheap PC over Xmas.

The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43533
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 08:01:34 (permalink)
I can't stop thinking about Farming Simulator 
It's stopping me from finishing Horizon with a platinum trophy ffs

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9596
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 11:03:41 (permalink)
Was it Zelda ocarina of time where you could fish? In a cave? Loved that for some reason
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5791
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 11:12:45 (permalink)
Yeah you could fish in that game, used to love it as well.

No fishing in breath of the wild but you can just grab fish as they swim past you. Hoping fishing will be introduced in the dlc later this year.

I'm quite far in now on the main quest I think, have the master sword and completed three of the dungeons.
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17001
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 11:36:20 (permalink)
JUDGEDREDD
Was it Zelda ocarina of time where you could fish? In a cave? Loved that for some reason

..Or The Twilight Princess perhaps? That had a bit of fishing as part of the story and there was also a dedicated fishing spot where you could just go and piss about seeing what different types of fish you could get.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 4320
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 13:00:44 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
Yeah you could fish in that game, used to love it as well.

No fishing in breath of the wild but you can just grab fish as they swim past you. Hoping fishing will be introduced in the dlc later this year.

I'm quite far in now on the main quest I think, have the master sword and completed three of the dungeons.

You can lob harpoons at the fish and shoot em with your arrows. That's a kind of fishing.
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 4320
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 13:03:55 (permalink)
Also one more thing about Zelda BOTW. One of the things they have kept from Ocarina of Time is that if you attack a chicken you get swarmed by every chicken in the area and get pecked to ribbons. Always found that hilarious in Ocarina.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 20841
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 13:08:42 (permalink)
Much prefer throwing a bomb in the water and murdering a whole school of fish in one go. 
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 13:27:41 (permalink)
I can't think of more boring in game activity than fishing, it annoys me how it's tied to a mission on Yakuza 0.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 18:11:26 (permalink)
Night Trap is getting a remaster lol, IN
Stoopid_Fux
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24393
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 18:20:00 (permalink)
Seriously don't bother playing night trap, you might as well watch someone else play it on youtube.

It was clearly shit at the time, it's quite hard without a walkthrough too.
post edited by shroomy - 2017/04/25 18:21:37
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24393
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 18:33:45 (permalink)
Actually quite hard is an understatement, fucking bollocks would be more accurate.

This what playing night trap is like:
You look at a room, static image, you look at the next room, static image, you look at the next room, static image, you look at the first room again and it's halfway through a scene of some kids fucking around in a house.

You watch for a minute and then notice that you've failed to trap 5 intruders.

So you rush around the rooms...
Static image
Static image
Static image
Static image

Finally you see some intruders walking around, but you don't see an opportunity to catch them because you went to that room too late.

Static image
Static image
Static image
Static image

Finally you get your chance to catch someone. You see them walk over the trap door and time your activation perfectly.

Nothing happens, turns out you didn't keep up to date with the security code because you didn't watch enough of that first scene to get the message. Now you have to guess which colour is correct until the code changes next because you aren't reminded of it at any point, you're only told when it changes provided you're in the right room.

At this point you pick up the CD and dash it out of the window. That's the Night Trap experience in a nutshell.

¯ICE¯
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 18:38:17 (permalink)
Sounds rather Kafkaesque.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9596
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 18:41:55 (permalink)
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 20:42:53 (permalink)
In a year of great games Persona might be the best so far. I love these games that have a crazy amount of systems and mechanics, reminds me Yakuza where there are still new systems with tutorials after a hundred hours.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2017/04/25 21:36:29 (permalink)
shroomy
Actually quite hard is an understatement, fucking bollocks would be more accurate.

This what playing night trap is like:
You look at a room, static image, you look at the next room, static image, you look at the next room, static image, you look at the first room again and it's halfway through a scene of some kids fucking around in a house.

You watch for a minute and then notice that you've failed to trap 5 intruders.

Static image
Static image
Static image
Static image

Finally you see some intruders walking around, but you don't see an opportunity to catch them because you went to that room too late.

Static image
Static image
Static image
Static image

Finally you get your chance to catch someone. You see them walk over the trap door and time your activation perfectly.

Nothing happens, turns out you didn't keep up to date with the security code because you didn't watch enough of that first scene to get the message. Now you have to guess which colour is correct until the code changes next because you aren't reminded of it at any point, you're only told when it changes provided you're in the right room.

At this point you pick up the CD and dash it out of the window. That's the Night Trap experience in a nutshell.

Yeh im sure its complete shite but still curiosity alone will still have me checking it out. lol.

The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43533
Re: GAMING 2017/04/26 08:42:52 (permalink)
Razor
In a year of great games Persona might be the best so far. I love these games that have a crazy amount of systems and mechanics, reminds me Yakuza where there are still new systems with tutorials after a hundred hours.

Really? I'm pretty convinced it's utter shit. One of the most boring 'games' i've ever played.

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/04/26 10:37:06 (permalink)
It took a while to get going but I'm fully into it now, how long have you played? It's basically a tutorial for the first 7 hours. Do you not like JRPGs? The only thing that bothers me is the really low quality textures in some parts, they look out of place compared to the stylish nature of the rest of the game. Amazing music and art design and good voice acting which is rare for a Japanese game.
post edited by RAYZA - 2017/04/26 10:39:20
Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 697 of 745
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0