Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..676677678679680.. > >> Showing page 680 of 785
Author
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1268
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 10:50:19 (permalink)
Razor
Like you can run around a town talking to everyone and no one seems to have a distinctive personality, they just spout some pointless sentence with very basic writing and then you have to fetch them something. Games have evolved beyond this kind of stuff. First open world game I've played for a while where I probably will ignore most of the side quests.

But to be clear, it's still a great game that I can't stop playing.

Witcher 3 ruined you 
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91895
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 11:09:20 (permalink)
DasItMane
Razor
Like you can run around a town talking to everyone and no one seems to have a distinctive personality, they just spout some pointless sentence with very basic writing and then you have to fetch them something. Games have evolved beyond this kind of stuff. First open world game I've played for a while where I probably will ignore most of the side quests.

But to be clear, it's still a great game that I can't stop playing.

Witcher 3 ruined you 

Yep, I knew it would.

Bioware reckon their side missions in Mass Effect have the depth of Witcher 3 side quests so hopefully this is the first evidence of devs upping their game to match it.
Specialized1
  • Total Posts : 21622
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 11:16:05 (permalink)
Go here, use Witcher sense, go back.

Repeat x 1,000 until the end credits. 

STEAM - McGrayUK
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 11:45:57 (permalink)
They were the worst bits of the game but they didn't happen often enough to annoy me and usually involved some interesting story and characters
RAYZA
Whiskey_Bill
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 13:11:54 (permalink)

Ctrl - Alt -Whinny
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 43742
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 13:35:32 (permalink)
no autosave in Nier Automata is fucking annoying. Just played for about 45 minutes, died and have to do the whole bastard lot again.

RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 13:56:56 (permalink)
Same in Yakuza. Bloody Japs.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9925
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/03/13 20:22:41 (permalink)
Almost got a switch today, £200 john lewis vouchers make it seem worthwhile, sold out again before I had a chance to try. No delivery until 27th and then they're only getting 100 units of each the black, and the red and blue.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19022
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 02:33:09 (permalink)
Razor
The voice acting and script in Zelda are so bad. Really brings it down a point or two for me, I can hardly be arsed reading any of the dialogue. Still loving it though, time flies by playing it without really doing much. I wanna play a Zelda with the game play and open world design of Breath Of The Wild mixed with the script, interesting characters with good voice actors and detailed graphics of The Witcher 3, would be the perfect game.

Zelda games have never been about dialogue, characters and story though. Pretty much every one features the same cast, plot and setting. The main dude doesn't even talk, ffs.

It would be weird to have a Zelda game with a Witcher level scripting and character depth - you might as well turn Mario into a gritty tale of an immigrant plumber with complex story arcs and subtexts. 

Stripping away all the cinematic stuff means you can concentrate on playing it instead of watching it. I wish they hadn't bothered with adding voice acting and long cutscenes tbh.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21007
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 08:00:38 (permalink)
Noc

you might as well turn Mario into a gritty tale of an immigrant plumber with complex story arcs and subtexts. 

LOL
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22630
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 09:35:30 (permalink)
Finally getting back into W3 with the DLC.  Plenty of mods to make it more user-friendly (auto-apply oils, fast travel from anywhere, all quests on map) and look even prettier (HD reworked textures https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKQKrHggINU)

The only forthcoming game I am really excited about is Cyberpunk and that could be a couple of years away yet.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 10:30:07 (permalink)
Noc
Razor
The voice acting and script in Zelda are so bad. Really brings it down a point or two for me, I can hardly be arsed reading any of the dialogue. Still loving it though, time flies by playing it without really doing much. I wanna play a Zelda with the game play and open world design of Breath Of The Wild mixed with the script, interesting characters with good voice actors and detailed graphics of The Witcher 3, would be the perfect game.

Zelda games have never been about dialogue, characters and story though. Pretty much every one features the same cast, plot and setting. The main dude doesn't even talk, ffs.

It would be weird to have a Zelda game with a Witcher level scripting and character depth - you might as well turn Mario into a gritty tale of an immigrant plumber with complex story arcs and subtexts. 

Stripping away all the cinematic stuff means you can concentrate on playing it instead of watching it. I wish they hadn't bothered with adding voice acting and long cutscenes tbh.

That would be fine if there weren't hundreds of characters you can talk to
Griff
  • Total Posts : 8616
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 11:50:53 (permalink)
Started Mass Effect 3 last night.  God the combat feels clunky, first 360 game I've played as backwards compatible since I've had my xbox one, and it definitely feels last gen.

Mass Effect has always been about the relationships and story etc though so I'm not bothered, it'll be great once I get into it, and it'll lead nicely onto the new game when it's out. 
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22630
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 12:03:32 (permalink)
Really need to finish ME3, after completing the first two I lost focus halfway through.

Griff
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 12:07:52 (permalink)
After loving 1 and 2, for some reason I never got round for playing 3 so just starting it now.

Annoyingly lost my old gamertag though so couldn't carry across my character from the first two, which sucks. 
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7705
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 12:57:43 (permalink)
Noc
Razor

I want to play this Mario game now.
spils
  • Total Posts : 15061
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21007
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 14:39:06 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
Noc
Razor

I want to play this Mario game now.

Super Mario Reality 

In this new adventure, take control of Mario as he tries travels through a grey, bland city in search of a job centre to look for work as a plumber during a recession, find / maintain a relationship and knock out some kids before he realizes how futile everything all is and the game ends anyway. 

• All new boss battle's in which you fight-  depression, the urge to commit adultery, monotony, alcoholism and bankruptcy
  • Keep the work / life gauge balanced or watch that stress-o-meter rise and lead to a heart attack or a stroke
  • Play in "coast mode " where you just go through life not really doing anything meaningful and not really giving a shit about very much at all for the rest of your mundane days
  • Select your own coffin in the Nintendo eshop

Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 15:02:11 (permalink)
Lets not forget Marios crippling addiction to mushrooms. The poor bastard. 
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/03/14 15:06:35 (permalink)

RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/03/15 10:18:10 (permalink)
Is it just me or is Mafia 3 much better than when it came out? Much improved graphics. Skidding round corners while shooting at cops with Son Of A Preacher Man booming out will never get old.
RAYZA
Re: GAMING 2017/03/15 23:20:33 (permalink)
Most early reports are saying Mass Effect is awful

:(
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 43742
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 09:55:18 (permalink)
Razor

Press X to shit pants.

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9925
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 10:45:04 (permalink)
Syhr
Razor

Press X to shit pants.
Reminds me of the alien trying to hold an egg up its arse gif lol
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5054
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 12:06:15 (permalink)
Wow, ME:A getting absolutely rinsed on most review sites. 

Looks like another franchise that has fallen behind some amazing new IP's in the break since it's last outing.

It actually sounds terrible lol. 

https://www.rockpapershot...-review-opening-hours/
Griff
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 12:09:20 (permalink)
It sounds awful 
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5054
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 12:12:42 (permalink)
Watching someone play some early access on Twitch and it does look genuinely poo. 
Stoopid_Fux
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 12:28:54 (permalink)
Never played the original series anyhow but does sound pretty crap.
Sable
  • Total Posts : 573
Re: GAMING 2017/03/16 13:04:03 (permalink)
Syhr
Razor

Press X to shit pants.

fucking lol

Page: << < ..676677678679680.. > >> Showing page 680 of 785
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0