Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 666 of 759
Author
The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43613
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 14:40:25 (permalink)
I know it's easy to write Nintendo off as making dumb decisions but I'm sure they would have looked at data and decided no one used the Wii/3DS browser and apps, so it wasn't worthwhile.

Jut
  • Total Posts : 3168
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 14:43:34 (permalink)
The 3DS didn't have those things at launch.

I don't care, I would never use them.

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7497
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 14:49:32 (permalink)
Syhr
I know it's easy to write Nintendo off as making dumb decisions but I'm sure they would have looked at data and decided no one used the Wii/3DS browser and apps, so it wasn't worthwhile.

Believe it or not the original Wii was the most popular console for streaming Netflix:-

https://mynintendonews.co...for-netflix-streaming/
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24427
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 14:59:54 (permalink)
Browser on the Wii U was pretty convenient for jumping in and out of FAQs when needed imo. Even if it wasn't really that good.

I suppose it isn't necessary on the Switch though given that it hasn't got any good games.
The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43613
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 15:03:08 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
Syhr

Believe it or not the original Wii was the most popular console for streaming Netflix:-

That's from 2011 lol. I didn't even know Netflix had been around that long.

dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4706
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 15:03:31 (permalink)
clark grizwald
dazdsb

This looks super good. Meant to be a cross between Dark Souls / Bloodborne / Diablo (loot system). The combat is meant to be more refined than Dark Souls and it's not open world - slightly more mission based. Watched a bit being played on Twitch today and it looks decent. Going to pick it up when I'm done with Yakuza 0. 

Yeah got this yesterday and played a few hours last night. Overall impression so far has been great. Combat is a lot faster than souls and there is so much loot and collectables to find you are constantly upgrading and refining your weapons and skills. It is pretty hard, although so far I have found it easier to get into than Souls which just had me stumped for hours. Seems like an incredibly deep game and I have only just scratched the surface after a few hours so play so looking forward to getting into it again later. Story seems pretty much non-existent so far but hopefully that changes!

Sounds good man - just picked it up on the way back from work this afternoon. Going to check it out later tonight! Will report back ASAP.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 15:41:49 (permalink)
Syhr
Stoopid_Fux
Syhr

That's from 2011 lol. I didn't even know Netflix had been around that long.

Yes from 2011.That was the point. The original Wii was old even then and yet was still being used more for streaming Netflix back then than other consoles.

So the idea that no one ever uses apps or browsers on Nintendo consoles anyway is just not true. 

I just find itbizarre this Switch is a multi-touch screen tablet and doesn't have even an internet browser.

I might not ever use the browser or you might not ever use it but other ppl would. I should add i actually do surprsingly use browser on PS4 a far bit. Usually when stuck on a game and can't be arse to reach for phone.

This all reeks of archaic and dumbness of Nintendo.

post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2017/02/10 15:43:12
shroomy
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 15:48:28 (permalink)
Everything Nintendo does reeks of archaic and dumbness.

They say they won't release another F-Zero because they can't think of anything new to bring to the equation.

Erm... online multiplayer?
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 16:03:15 (permalink)
You would think Nintendo would have learnt some lessons from some their previous dumbness and the failure of the Wii U tho- which btw sold less than the Dreamcast did - but starting to seem like they haven't.

Ironically even the Dreamcast did have an internet browser btw!

Switch itself actually looks good piece of kit but their talk of online and stuff sounds like some kind of discussion from the early 2000s. Then you have the pricing of accesories and games (£50 for a Bomberman game? serious?) 

With F-Zero never understand why its become neglected by Nintendo. Same with quite lot their old franchises.
Should just let Sega make an F-Zero. The F-Zero game they did way back for Gamecube was great. Albeit it was hard.
post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2017/02/10 16:08:59
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91029
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 17:01:22 (permalink)
I would definitely appreciate a good browser on Switch seeing as I don't have a tablet
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 17:03:06 (permalink)
Wii U sold almost double what the Dreamcast did BTW
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21062
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 18:55:04 (permalink)
I didn't even know consoles had internet browsers. I bet they're loads of fun to use

shroomy
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 19:30:28 (permalink)
When I tried to use the browser on my mates xbone it was hilariously shit. I dunno if it was because it was in that side mode or whatever but the fucking thing wouldn't even load google.

It made the Wii U browser seem amazing.
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/10 19:57:04 (permalink)
They should just have Chrome on it surely
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/11 13:58:37 (permalink)
Razor
Wii U sold almost double what the Dreamcast did BTW

I was wrong in saying Wii U sold less than the Dreamcast - according to Wikipedia the Dreamcast sold 9.13 million and Wii U sold 13.56 million. Either way that is terrible for a Nintendo console when you consider the Gamecube even sold 21 million.

I want the Switch to do well and i think it will but its alarming when Nintendo seem to be making some dumb decisions yet again. 

The console is out in a few weeks and they haven't even mentioned anything about its UI , Virtual Console and so on. 

Im always surprised the extent ppl play devils advocate for Nintendo as well. Not having an internet browser or any apps like youtube etc on a multi-touch tablet is just dumb . Very dumb. Tho i'm sure it will at some point but not having any for launch is typically dumb of Nintendo.

post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2017/02/11 14:02:26
godf
  • Total Posts : 4820
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/11 17:19:03 (permalink)
Does seem like they're rushing the Switch out... but then, people have been kept waiting for Zelda for long enough.

Even if the Switch sells terribly in its current format they're still going to be able to release a cheaper, smaller version with a better battery life in a couple of years as a replacement for the 3DS. The games already developed for the Switch will make it a more appealing purchase for the market the 3ds currently caters to.

Focussing on the portable market makes sense for Nintendo, and Switch sets them up for this in the future. I can imagine them bringing out a Nintendo Phone in a few years. Switch does feel like a soft launch that will let them test out what works and what doesn't.
post edited by godf - 2017/02/11 17:20:30
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/13 19:46:24 (permalink)
Fully obsessed with Yakuza 0 now, first impressions weren't good at all as there's such a low budget feel to a lot or it, especially all the bits that don't have any voice acting but the gripping story, genuinely funny characters and insane amount of varied mini games make me want to play it all the time. Not the kind of game I'd recommend to a non gamer but it's essential for anyone who appreciates that typically quirky Japanese style. The first game I've paid over 40 quid for in ages and not regretted.
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/13 21:17:30 (permalink)
The latest humble bundle is pretty sick, 25 quid all goes to charity and it has about 30 games and books including Th Witness, Stardew Valley, Day Of The Tenticle, Subnautica
shroomy
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/13 23:33:33 (permalink)
Did my first steam refund today. Took me a minute to figure out where to go to request it but other than that it was a pretty painless experience. Used "it's not fun" as the reason and put a few bullet points down about how the gameplay was shit / some levels were badly designed / one level makes me feel sick. An hour later I get an e-mail through saying that it's being processed and I should get the full amount back within 14 days.

Good stuff.

Incidentally don't buy Neon Drive. It looks and sounds great but the gameplay is tedious as fuck and this is coming from someone who really likes rhythm games.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 20902
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/14 08:21:40 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
So Nintendo is launching the Switch with no browser ?

How can you release a tablet (which the Switch still is) in 2017 with no browser 

Every week something detrimental comes out. Read just today that there are still no solid details about how online works... Launch is in 3 weeks ffs

I give it a month after the initial rush to buy at release before ebay is awash with them...
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22471
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/14 09:26:06 (permalink)
Humble Freedom Bundle is pretty epic with great charities, $30 and they will match it going to MSF and ACLU:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/13/humble-freedom-bundle/

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9715
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 10:15:10 (permalink)
That humble bundle is sick, I've got most the games and still might buy it because I'm a mug and love wasting money.

On another note I'm going to try and get in to stardew valley today, looks calm, maybe a few downers so I can really mellow out
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 15:30:48 (permalink)
I was about to get it but loads of the games are now sold out, not seen that on there before, the devs must have given them 100k keys
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22471
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 16:51:22 (permalink)
Just looked and it only seemed to be 3 or 4 games sold out?
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 16:54:39 (permalink)
There was a few more sold out when i looked last night, but Subnautica is the main game i wanted for the VR version and that's gone
JUDGEDREDD
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 16:59:13 (permalink)
I bet it's fantastic in VR, probably find loads of keys cheap on reseller sites atm if people have loads of dupes
RAYZA
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 17:06:01 (permalink)
have you played it? 
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1260
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/15 18:43:02 (permalink)
Razor
DasItMane
Online competitive FPS isn't your thing but Rainbow Six Siege is really good. The Rayman games are some of the best video game experiences I've had this decade. Watch Dogs 2 was received very well, though I haven't played it yet. 

I would have written off non Rayman Ubisoft games a couple years ago too so I do understand where you're coming from. I hope For Honor doesn't dissapoint now. 

Didn't have you down as a Rayman guy! They are arguably the best 2D platform games ever, easy to play but hard to master, running through the hardest levels without making one mistake is so satisfying. I bought Watch Dogs for 40 bloody quid and got fed up after a couple hours, it seems terrible but I've heard it improves so I might give it another go.

Ended up refunding For Honor after I saw the microtransactions and lack of dedicated servers lel.
JUDGEDREDD
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/16 10:43:38 (permalink)
Razor
have you played it? 

Nope but I've seen videos about, get on the acid lol
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6274
Re: RE: GAMERS!! 2017/02/16 22:32:38 (permalink)
DasItMane
Razor
DasItMane
Online competitive FPS isn't your thing but Rainbow Six Siege is really good. The Rayman games are some of the best video game experiences I've had this decade. Watch Dogs 2 was received very well, though I haven't played it yet. 

I would have written off non Rayman Ubisoft games a couple years ago too so I do understand where you're coming from. I hope For Honor doesn't dissapoint now. 

Didn't have you down as a Rayman guy! They are arguably the best 2D platform games ever, easy to play but hard to master, running through the hardest levels without making one mistake is so satisfying. I bought Watch Dogs for 40 bloody quid and got fed up after a couple hours, it seems terrible but I've heard it improves so I might give it another go.

Ended up refunding For Honor after I saw the microtransactions and lack of dedicated servers lel.

Wondered why you weren't playing it. 
Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 666 of 759
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0