Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]GAMING

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 733
Author
Jme133
  • Total Posts : 10026
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 12:52:45 (permalink)
Square Enix and Eidos. Never thought id see the day.

What happened to Sierra? They made some big games back in the day.
judayer
  • Total Posts : 6783
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 13:32:54 (permalink)
Back when I was in my prime of MW2 I was getting clan invites every single time I played.

Made me realise I was perhaps playing it a bit too much

Area
  • Total Posts : 6464
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 13:35:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Roboraver

Hhhmmm is that in Soho square by any chance ?

Great Marlborough Street I believe
Mistanoize
  • Total Posts : 1830
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 13:37:28 (permalink)
deus ex was my favourite game back in the day... love how you can determine how the story line goes
julian da hooligan
  • Total Posts : 8713
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 13:37:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Syhr

ORIGINAL: FixBeat

this though...

there's 2 of those in my office

Any of you work for Denham Tec, I hire these from them on a regular basis.

Mistanoize
  • Total Posts : 1830
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/12 13:39:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Syhr

ORIGINAL: FixBeat

this though...

there's 2 of those in my office

syhr where do u work bro
Jme133
  • Total Posts : 10026
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/13 12:20:01 (permalink)
I heard Syhr was one of the CEO's of Sony.
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6253
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/13 15:45:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MistaNoize

deus ex was my favourite game back in the day... love how you can determine how the story line goes

3rd one in development at the moment.
Specialized1
  • Total Posts : 21571
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/23 15:32:21 (permalink)

Accused Game Cheater Gets Knife Through Head and Survives

An argument between Counter-Strike players at a Chinese net café over suspected use of a 'wallhack' cheat led to a 17-year-old boy being stabbed through the head with a foot-long knife - and living to tell the tale.

Counter-Strike players in the Jilin province of China take cheating extremely seriously, as evidenced by the grievous wound suffered by one suspected cheater on March 16. The 17-year-old victim was suspected of using a hack that allowed him to see through walls, giving him an obvious benefit in the computerized game of hide and go kill each other.

A fight broke out outside the net café regarding the hack, and one assailant decided to do a little hacking of his own, stabbing large knife into the side of the cheater's head, the tip of the blade barely protruding from the other side.

Speaking for everyone reading this, ouch.

The boy, miraculously still conscious, was rushed to a nearby hospital. After around 10 hours of surgery, the knife was successful removed. The boy survived, but is under observation in case bits of rust - did we mention the blade was rusty? - flaked off inside his brain.

So how does someone survive a foot-long knife through the skull? According to doctors, the blade missed major arteries, which kept him from hemorrhaging, and managed to somehow avoid affecting motor skills even though the blade passed through areas that handle those functions.

The net café where the incident occurred was popular with local youths because it didn't require ID, a fact I'm sure some will consider to be a factor in the incident, but I've always believed that being an asshole with a knife is an ageless thing.

I'm not sure how the law works in China regarding stabbings, but somewhere there's a Counter-Strike player just as relieved that the victim didn't die as the victim himself.

Physician Yan Shi-jun, who operated on the young man, said that the chances of surviving such a wound were one in ten thousand. Those are pretty steep odds.

I bet he cheated.

STEAM - McGrayUK
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14394
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/03/23 15:51:51 (permalink)
Found this great article about gaming addiction on Cracked.com

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

A properly deep and interesting article. I'm hoping it's good enough to make a good friend of mine wake up and sort his fucking life out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 17:06:47 (permalink)
Check this early version of a Road Rash re-make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zxvv3aa-A&feature=player_embedded

Cancelled though....

STEAM - McGrayUK
pubert cordwangle
  • Total Posts : 3097
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 17:33:13 (permalink)
damn. road rash was so good as a kid
nightwatch
  • Total Posts : 167
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 22:31:40 (permalink)
Resurrectin' dis yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM&feature=watch_response_rev

For an incredibly stupid display of bullshit. Read the article afterwards.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/03/the_magic_resolution_is_a.php

http://soundcloud.com/nightwatch
Fattony12000
  • Total Posts : 0
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 22:56:33 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jme133

Square Enix and Eidos. Never thought id see the day.

What happened to Sierra? They made some big games back in the day.

Square Enix have owned them since April 2009.

Vivendi Games Universal, along with Sierra was absorbed by Activision (by their Borg leader, the Grand Overseer Kotick) and closed down in 2008.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Half-Life: Counter-Strike
Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life
F.E.A.R.
The SWAT series
The Police Quest series
Ultima II

Miss seeing their logo on the Half Life series of games...

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me

realysm42
  • Total Posts : 7066
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 23:02:26 (permalink)
Road rash needs a remake, I still play the mega drive version on an emulator today.
Fattony12000
  • Total Posts : 0
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 23:08:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: realysm42

Road rash needs a remake, I still play the mega drive version on an emulator today.

An XBLA release with 4 player LIVE co-op, running at 60FPS on 1080p would be sweeeet.

--- --- ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4&

Road Rash remake - in the works or in the trash?
Posted Oct 10, 2009 at 9:45AM by Glenn M

With the way Electronic Arts included the classic Road Rash games on EA Replay way back in 2006, plus the Road Rash trademark they filed back in August of this year, you'd think the publisher was set on bringing the bikes back on the road. Unfortunately, the game is currently not in development, or so the official word says. This video, however, says that it used to be.

Given that EA must've abandoned development for the game, the vid is nowhere near close to completion, but it already looks promising. Hopefully, that August trademark is a sign of good news. This is definitely one rash I won't mind having.
post edited by Fattony12000 - 2010/04/20 23:11:16

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me

SpoonShank
  • Total Posts : 4123
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/20 23:34:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: nightwatch

Resurrectin' dis yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM&feature=watch_response_rev

For an incredibly stupid display of bullshit. Read the article afterwards.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/03/the_magic_resolution_is_a.php
Bah!! That was fucking painful to watch..see their whole argument get ripped to shreds in the 1st 30 seconds when he mentions they are rated and its the parents fault for buying them for their kids, they are clearly flummoxed and stammering and resort to hysterical bullshit (Using the old classic politicians trick of hitting each of their points into their hands) and citing false studies which gets the idiot crowd mooing. God I hate them and really feel for the bloke.
CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23610
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 10:39:55 (permalink)
Whos been playing Un-charted 2? Best looking game I've ever played - stunning. Gameplay is very smooth + compelling too.

Next game's I'm considering are either Arkam Asylum, Oblivion or Darksiders (really liked the demo I got).

Been battering all my consoles lately tho. Completed Killzone 2 and Assasins Creed 2 last week, both sick!

CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23610
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 10:41:02 (permalink)
BTW - looks like Blink is going to be one of the heaviest games this year, looks stupidly good.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 29531
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 10:43:40 (permalink)
This is a PC gaming thread, be gone.

Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 10:45:33 (permalink)
Nothing is getting me off Battlefield at the moment.

Installed Just Cause 2 yesterday and went straight back to BF.

STEAM - McGrayUK
Lrrr
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 11:08:05 (permalink)
I have a new bit of shit on the go b2b nice weather means that all gaming has been put on hold.

Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16021
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/21 11:16:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fattony12000

ORIGINAL: realysm42

An XBLA release with 4 player LIVE co-op, running at 60FPS on 1080p would be sweeeet.

--- --- ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4&

Road Rash remake - in the works or in the trash?
Posted Oct 10, 2009 at 9:45AM by Glenn M

With the way Electronic Arts included the classic Road Rash games on EA Replay way back in 2006, plus the Road Rash trademark they filed back in August of this year, you'd think the publisher was set on bringing the bikes back on the road. Unfortunately, the game is currently not in development, or so the official word says. This video, however, says that it used to be.

Given that EA must've abandoned development for the game, the vid is nowhere near close to completion, but it already looks promising. Hopefully, that August trademark is a sign of good news. This is definitely one rash I won't mind having.

And Skitchin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQjgwVZEles
Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 09:14:16 (permalink)
April 27, 2010 | 2:22 pm

MW2a Activision's Call of Duty-related headaches just leveled up.

More than three dozen former and current employees of Infinity Ward, the Encino-based development studio that made the hugely successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare video games for Activision Blizzard Inc., have sued the publisher claiming that they are owed between $75 million and $125 million in unpaid royalties and potentially more in compensatory damages.

The move by the 38 current and former staffers comes a little over a month after former Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired by Activision and filed their own $36-million lawsuit against the Santa Monica-based publisher over allegedly unpaid royalties.

Two weeks ago, West and Zampella formed a new development studio called Respawn Entertainment and signed a deal with Activision's chief rival, Electronic Arts, Inc.

Since West and Zampella left Infinity Ward, a number of other employees have left the studio, some of whom have joined Respawn. Of the 38 employees involved in the lawsuit, 21 are former employees of Infinity Ward; 17 still work there. Approximately 95 people worked at Infinity Ward on last November's Modern Warfare 2, meaning that about 40% of its employees at that time are now suing Activision.

The ongoing dispute puts the future of the Call of Duty franchise, one of the pillars of Activision's success, in doubt. Modern Warfare 2 was the most successful video game of 2009 in the U.S. It sold about 20 million units around the world and generated an estimated $1.3 billion in revenue.

The lawsuit says that Activision owes Infinity Ward employees a bonus pool of at least $118 million, of which $82 million is supposed to go to employees other than West and Zampella.

It alleges that the publisher has withheld royalty payments in order to keep them from leaving as their former bosses did, putting at risk the potentially hugely lucrative release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 planned for late 2011.

"Activision engaged in this inappropriate course of conduct in an attempt to force employees of Infinity Ward to continue to work at a job that many of them did not want just so Activision could force them to complete the development, production and delivery of Modern Warfare 3," the suit says.
It goes on to allege that Activision representatives told Infinity Ward employees that if West and Zampella had not been fired, the employees would have received bonuses approximately 2.5 times higher than what they were paid on March 26.

"Activision believes the action is without merit," a company spokesman said in response to the suit. "Activision retains the discretion to determine the amount and the schedule of bonus payments for [Modern Warfare 2] and has acted consistent with its rights and the law at all times. We look forward to getting judicial confirmation that our position is right." [Updated at 2:35 p.m. with Activision response.]

The complaint filed Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica is based in part on the same allegations contained in West and Zampella's suit. The plaintiffs' attorney has asked that the two cases be consolidated

STEAM - McGrayUK
spils
  • Total Posts : 15043
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:22:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Specialized1

Nothing is getting me off Battlefield at the moment.

Installed Just Cause 2 yesterday and went straight back to BF.

Im enjoying it, visually fucking stunning, and the tech demo benchmark run with all the bells and whistles running is stunning. Went and played it at my friends the weekend on the xbox 360 and i have to say there's no comparison the little box is really starting to show its age now, I pissed myself at 30fps cap and its blantent up scaling of its low res textures and screen renders id say its 1024x768 not even close to 720p.

Big game though as long as you link a 360 or ps3 pad into the pc, even on the console its great fun even if it doesn't look half as nice its still bloody great fun once you get into it..

Rank outsider that came from no where in the running for game of the year imo.

Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:24:19 (permalink)
I've started playing ACII as well.

It's definitely better than the first but I'm struggling with frame rate drops at the moment....

STEAM - McGrayUK
spils
  • Total Posts : 15043
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:31:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Specialized1

I've started playing ACII as well.

It's definitely better than the first but I'm struggling with frame rate drops at the moment....

Wouldn't touch it with your cock. I refuse to buy anything made by Ubisoft not since the bullshit they added into all there games that gets installed to your system now.

The issue is probley more down to the game engine than your system to be fair the first one was optimized worse than GTA IV and that ran like a dog on anything but super computers.

Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:37:40 (permalink)
That's what I'm thinking.

Also, I wouldn't buy it either.....

STEAM - McGrayUK
Lrrr
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:40:23 (permalink)
Is Just cause worth buying? I'm starting to think BF isn't for me

Specialized1
RE: GAMERS!! 2010/04/28 10:41:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Lrrr

Is Just cause worth buying? I'm starting to think BF isn't for me

I've heard nothing but good things but haven't played it much yet.

There's a Steam demo I think....?

STEAM - McGrayUK
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 733
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0