Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

RE: GAMERS!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: GAMERS!! Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: GAMERS!! - 27/3/2012 11:45:29 AM   
Specialized1
Alabama Whirly

Anyone who liked Super Meat Boy, try this out:

http://solgryn.org/product.php?id=IWBTB

It's free and a total cunt.
Post #: 3841
RE: GAMERS!! - 27/3/2012 11:46:39 AM   
Specialized1
Alabama Whirly

Audiosurf Air Beta sign up - http://air.audio-surf.com/
Post #: 3842
RE: GAMERS!! - 27/3/2012 12:33:37 PM   
Funkhouser

Bought that Journey game on PSN over the weekend.

Really nice to look at aesthetically ,unique and sound was pretty nice but I came away after completing it an about 2 hours wondering what the point was and can't help thinking it was a waste of money.

I'm glad that developers are pushing the boundaries as to what constitutes a "game" but i'm not sure I would recommend this.

I liked the anonymous companions you get via multiplayer though.
Anyone else played it?
Post #: 3843
RE: GAMERS!! - 27/3/2012 12:42:39 PM   
Postman Pat

I've been umming and ahhhing about it, after reading that I think I'll wait for it to go on sale one week.
Post #: 3844
RE: GAMERS!! - 27/3/2012 1:02:53 PM   
Funkhouser

Reading some forums, loads of people were saying they loved it and played through it multiple times - so it might appeal more to others.

It is gorgeous to look at but gameplay was slightly confusing for me .
Would deffo wait for it to come down in price a bit.
Post #: 3845
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 2:10:58 PM   
Postman Pat

Just been reading about the new Tiger Woods, seems EA have managed to out do themselves at being evil money grabbing bastards on DLC.

quote:

Coins unlock slowly in the context of item price, which is where EA aims to lure players toward its downloadable add-on content. The publisher learned from Tiger Woods 12 that locking courses behind a pay-to-play gate was a mistake, so Tiger 13 tries to meet the audience in the middle. Coins earn players access to new courses, so playing Tiger Woods 13 as normal rewards players with extra content without having to spend real-world money. Even better, completing challenges unlocks courses permanently.

This is the pitch, anyway. The reality is that EA's new system is a disgusting, well-disguised sham that makes past DLC traps look like charity.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 restricts access to 20 of its 36 courses. Players can rent one round on a locked course for 6000 Coins, the earnings of about 10 rounds at 18 holes, each of which takes about 20 minutes. For those who can't spend the inordinate amount of time required to borrow one round of golf, EA presents the option to pay for Coins. Rather than selling the audience iconic places like Banff Springs, it's made it more expensive than ever – and it's temporary.

Completing "Gold Mastery" tasks is the only way to open a course forever. The challenges are not only extremely difficult and time consuming -- sinking five Eagles, hitting the green in regulation 80 times, etc. -- but must be completed on each course players hope to own. Tiger 13 golfers need to pay dozens if their hours and/or dollars to spend additional time to possibly access a course indefinitely.

EA is well within its right to restrict access to as much optional content as it pleases, but Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 features an exploitative add-on system which displays complete contempt for its audience.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221576p1.html

I was worried about this sort of thing happening on console, they're clearly lifting the shitty IAP concept from waste smartphone games. Increasing amounts of phone games have it and it's fucking cynical bullshit to keep you paying and paying and paying.
Post #: 3846
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 2:38:08 PM   
Specialized1
Alabama Whirly

Lol that is ridiculous.
Post #: 3847
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:04:15 PM   
FixBeat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkhouser

Bought that Journey game on PSN over the weekend.

Really nice to look at aesthetically ,unique and sound was pretty nice but I came away after completing it an about 2 hours wondering what the point was and can't help thinking it was a waste of money.

I'm glad that developers are pushing the boundaries as to what constitutes a "game" but i'm not sure I would recommend this.

I liked the anonymous companions you get via multiplayer though.
Anyone else played it?

i think it's brilliant, if short (it's under a tenner though, and very replayable).

did you play either of their other games 'Flow' or 'Flower'? i got both and love both and their similar in game style to this so it was less of a 'shock' playing another like it. if you liked this and want more, i deffo recommend 'Flower', it takes you on a trip that games normally don't and is easily the ONLY game which shows how good six-axis could've been if everyone else used it properly. the graphics are just as pretty as journey too.
Post #: 3848
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:30:15 PM   
Funkhouser

I've not played their other games but did take a look at flower but again couldn't really see "the point" of the game watching the previews. Although maybe "the point" is that there isn't a point and that it's just an experience of it's own.

Out of interest, what are the reasons you would say it is replayable other than trophies?
I feel like I should appreciate it more than I do, but have no urge to play it again at the moment.
Post #: 3849
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:34:27 PM   
ClearE

That Tiger Woods thing is fucked
Post #: 3850
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:40:12 PM   
shroomy
Utter Cunt

Fuck that, makes me glad I bought a really old tiger game for a fiver the other week rather than splashing out on an up to date one if its true.
Post #: 3851
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:42:31 PM   
barrymate

tiger woods aint fucked, its a bug thats been around since the megadrive PGA golf, and all part of a stoner session, mans hit the random stone on the green
Post #: 3852
RE: GAMERS!! - 28/3/2012 7:56:35 PM   
FixBeat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkhouser

I've not played their other games but did take a look at flower but again couldn't really see "the point" of the game watching the previews. Although maybe "the point" is that there isn't a point and that it's just an experience of it's own.

Out of interest, what are the reasons you would say it is replayable other than trophies?
I feel like I should appreciate it more than I do, but have no urge to play it again at the moment.

well seeing past 'the experience' with flower, the point is to collect every flower on the 6 levels and find the 3 secret flowers on each stage.

with these games though, they're replayable (imo) because they're more of an experience. i found it really relaxing and abit stress relieving, so in the same way someone might play with a stress ball, i'll stick on flower or journey for abit to chill out. i've not got all the trophies on any of the 3 games as some of them are bloody hard imo, so that's another reason to replay them.

probably sounds abit gay i just find them all totally original and very playable.
Post #: 3853
RE: GAMERS!! - 29/3/2012 10:03:28 AM   
barrymate

platform games suck, better off kickin back with ounce of weed  and having a round of golf and wait for the ball to bounce and go off in the 90degree turn

dont have to bother with winner stay on shit like mortal kombat
Post #: 3854
RE: GAMERS!! - 29/3/2012 10:21:44 AM   
Specialized1
Alabama Whirly

Thought some of you might be into this:

quote:

After spending nearly two years in development, the fan-made platformer tribute Sonic the Hedgehog 2 HD has at last seen a demo release for Windows platforms.

Offering "an unofficial, complete overhaul of Sega's franchise classic for the modern world," Sonic 2 HD updates the 1992 Sega Genesis title with redrawn graphics, widescreen support, remixed music, an online multiplayer mode, and the addition of Knuckles as a playable character. The alpha release is playable up to the end of the Emerald Hill Zone.

Though it solicited extensive fan input for its initial planning stages, the project will "continue a closed development cycle" from this point forward, Sonic Retro notes. A release date for the finished product has not been announced.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/sonic-2-hd-alpha-release-now-available-continues-development-as-closed-project/
Post #: 3855
RE: GAMERS!! - 29/3/2012 7:05:53 PM   
shroomy
Utter Cunt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Specialized1

Thought some of you might be into this:

quote:

After spending nearly two years in development, the fan-made platformer tribute Sonic the Hedgehog 2 HD has at last seen a demo release for Windows platforms.

Offering "an unofficial, complete overhaul of Sega's franchise classic for the modern world," Sonic 2 HD updates the 1992 Sega Genesis title with redrawn graphics, widescreen support, remixed music, an online multiplayer mode, and the addition of Knuckles as a playable character. The alpha release is playable up to the end of the Emerald Hill Zone.

Though it solicited extensive fan input for its initial planning stages, the project will "continue a closed development cycle" from this point forward, Sonic Retro notes. A release date for the finished product has not been announced.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/sonic-2-hd-alpha-release-now-available-continues-development-as-closed-project/

Damn for a second there I thought you was talking about sonic fan remix (I think that one was cancelled). Kinda the same thing but with some nice ideas graphics wise, having said that it did look a little cluttered at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4y9-_yxsa8
Post #: 3856
RE: GAMERS!! - 29/3/2012 8:43:46 PM   
Postman Pat

Oi, forum

Is Darksiders any good? Currently on offer for £6.50 on the playstation store...
Post #: 3857
RE: GAMERS!! - 30/3/2012 12:34:46 AM   
Postman Pat

Bought Journey in the end. Enjoyed it very much, stunning game and quite original. There are some truly breathtaking moments in there.

It is really short though, guess it's designed to be played in one go. If I didn't have to go to bed I'd be playing through it again right now. Love how the multiplayer aspect works, I normally hate playing with other people.

Can see how it's not for everyone, if shooters are your big thing then you should probably save your money. Can see how a lot of people will feel they're not quite getting £10 worth of game out of it.

I'm slightly miffed that I did pay full price but at the same time I think it's a great little game and definitely one of the most beautiful this generation. Nice way to spend a couple of hours.
Post #: 3858
RE: GAMERS!! - 1/4/2012 3:12:31 AM   
Noc
http://bbc.in/TOzeo8

I usually hate the annual try-hard april fool's jokes but this one had me at the cartridge blowing. Google Maps for the NES:

http://nzgamer.com/all/videos/1148/google-launches-maps-for-nintendo-entertainment-system.html
Post #: 3859
RE: GAMERS!! - 1/4/2012 8:03:44 PM   
LENNY DD

got the mega drive classics disc for the 360 a few weeks ago, completed sonic 1 and 2 but 3, is a lot harder
Post #: 3860
RE: GAMERS!! - 1/4/2012 8:10:52 PM   
Razor
Rayza = iPad

quote:

ORIGINAL: LENNY DD

got the mega drive classics disc for the 360 a few weeks ago, completed sonic 1 and 2 but 3, is a lot harder

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/728630
Post #: 3861
RE: GAMERS!! - 1/4/2012 10:33:07 PM   
Brainpain

Neverhood !
Post #: 3862
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 6:03:35 PM   
Widesize

Replaying Doom 3 atm. Yeah everybody looks the same and faffing around with the PDA is annoying but it is still a great horror game. Looking forward to the Witcher 2 coming to Xbox this month.
Post #: 3863
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 7:42:17 PM   
shroomy
Utter Cunt

Funny you should say that as Im the middle of replaying doom 2 3 was alright, even though its totally linear and mega predictable they did a good job of staying true to the original games.

Anyone tried that new south park platformer? Seems pretty damn hard.
Post #: 3864
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 8:35:53 PM   
Jme133

I liked doom 3.
Post #: 3865
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 9:18:58 PM   
the smf

black ops!
Post #: 3866
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 10:02:41 PM   
Mod X
Ghostbuster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

Oi, forum

Is Darksiders any good? Currently on offer for £6.50 on the playstation store...

Yeah, I bought it when it was £20 in some shop and I felt like I got my money's worth. Well worth £6.50.
Post #: 3867
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 10:05:28 PM   
Mod X
Ghostbuster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Postman Pat

Just been reading about the new Tiger Woods, seems EA have managed to out do themselves at being evil money grabbing bastards on DLC.

quote:

Coins unlock slowly in the context of item price, which is where EA aims to lure players toward its downloadable add-on content. The publisher learned from Tiger Woods 12 that locking courses behind a pay-to-play gate was a mistake, so Tiger 13 tries to meet the audience in the middle. Coins earn players access to new courses, so playing Tiger Woods 13 as normal rewards players with extra content without having to spend real-world money. Even better, completing challenges unlocks courses permanently.

This is the pitch, anyway. The reality is that EA's new system is a disgusting, well-disguised sham that makes past DLC traps look like charity.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 restricts access to 20 of its 36 courses. Players can rent one round on a locked course for 6000 Coins, the earnings of about 10 rounds at 18 holes, each of which takes about 20 minutes. For those who can't spend the inordinate amount of time required to borrow one round of golf, EA presents the option to pay for Coins. Rather than selling the audience iconic places like Banff Springs, it's made it more expensive than ever – and it's temporary.

Completing "Gold Mastery" tasks is the only way to open a course forever. The challenges are not only extremely difficult and time consuming -- sinking five Eagles, hitting the green in regulation 80 times, etc. -- but must be completed on each course players hope to own. Tiger 13 golfers need to pay dozens if their hours and/or dollars to spend additional time to possibly access a course indefinitely.

EA is well within its right to restrict access to as much optional content as it pleases, but Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 features an exploitative add-on system which displays complete contempt for its audience.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221576p1.html

I was worried about this sort of thing happening on console, they're clearly lifting the shitty IAP concept from waste smartphone games. Increasing amounts of phone games have it and it's fucking cynical bullshit to keep you paying and paying and paying.

Fuck EA and their tactics. They're literally trying to scam as much money out of people as possible. If people keep buying into it you'll get to the point where you have to pay per round of the FA Cup on FIFA or some shit.
Post #: 3868
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 10:48:31 PM   
barrymate

quote:

ORIGINAL: Widesize

Replaying Doom 3 atm. Yeah everybody looks the same and faffing around with the PDA is annoying but it is still a great horror game. Looking forward to the Witcher 2 coming to Xbox this month.

d3 is shit, you want quake 4 + Q43A http://www.moddb.com/mods/q43a/downloads/q43a-win32linux-build-198 > http://www.moddb.com/mods/q43a/downloads/q43a-win32linux-build-198-patch-3
Post #: 3869
RE: GAMERS!! - 2/4/2012 11:58:31 PM   
godf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brainpain

Neverhood !

Heard that was going to be re-released for phones.

Loved the art style and music for it.
Post #: 3870
Page:   <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: GAMERS!! Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread