Helpful ReplyHot!I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!!

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 47
Author
Ldot
  • Total Posts : 348
2009/10/24 13:59:48 (permalink)

I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!!

The rumours are true. Mistabishi is a complete and utter fake.
I went to Bassment presents Hospitality @ Bar Mango in Reading last night and it was awesome. High Contrast and Logistics both played wicked sets, i was having a great time until i went up to the balcony (which overlooks the DJ booth) at the beginning of Mistabishi's set and watched him play a mix CD on a CDJ and prick about pressing buttons for a whole hour!
I litterally couldn't believe my eyes!! He put vinyl on the decks then pretended to mix them...even though it was the same 2 vinyl the whole night! How do i know? Because i watched him take a vinyl off a turntable, put it in his bag, get it BACK out then put it on the other turn table and pretend to mix it!
The guy spent so much time dancing like a penis behind the decks in not supprised he couldnt mix. It's annoyed me a little bit because the Bassment guys work so hard to put nights on and with the exception of Mistabishi it was a wicked night!
Let this be a lesson to all you promoters out there, he charges hundreds of pounds to turn up and play a mixed cd.
Shout out to the Bassment family.
xXx

Sladdy Deeve
  • Total Posts : 7502
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:01:12 (permalink)
xXx

DJ_H20
  • Total Posts : 15655
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:01:26 (permalink)
my cow has green eyes
Cinq
  • Total Posts : 4357
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:01:42 (permalink)
OMG
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9283
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:05:20 (permalink)
You should start trailing him everywhere he goes shouting out "THAT GUYS A PHONEY"
keiraeoc
  • Total Posts : 8117
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:06:25 (permalink)
That is pretty shocking to be fair

NEXT EOC EASTER THURSDAY 1ST APRIL - details coming soon!
http://www.essenceofchi.co.uk
Sladdy Deeve
  • Total Posts : 7502
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:08:49 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Johnny Quest

You should start trailing him everywhere he goes shouting out "THAT GUYS A PHONEY"

"HE'S A GREAT BIG PHONEY"

keiraeoc
  • Total Posts : 8117
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:10:02 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Stanza

are you positive? it wasn't just the same two serato vinyls? and a cd to kick things off with?

That could be true actually - Serato is the same two vinyls all night , but you can also mix in the odd CD or vinyl if u want.

Did he have a laptop too ?

NEXT EOC EASTER THURSDAY 1ST APRIL - details coming soon!
http://www.essenceofchi.co.uk
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20581
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:10:08 (permalink)
orignal by mista

lol @ over analysis - over compensating a little for the fact you can't actually dj? that most basic of skills, the one that you constantly slag off.

i can beat match just fine. i just don't see the excessive merit in it that people like you obviously give to it.  i've played vinyl only  sets where i've had to beat match things. largely because i've been forced to. i've also played sets with nothing more than a single cd and spent the whole hour on the phone. on both occasions i played the records i make and they have the desired effect on those that dance to them. i might piss off the mouth breathing gawpers at the front who desperately want to be doing what i'm doing but i've never been that kind of person, and would never make a record for that kind of person.
these days i compromise by playing  cd's and older records on vinyl. i'm not best pleased about having to conform to some pre-arranged expectation of some one like you. i just like making music for ravers. that's what has always got me off.
you should probably ask yourself why being able to beat match the same record over and over again means so much to you. do you want to be a drum and bass dj? did you buy into the dream that if you practice long enough you'll be flown around the world to play your record collection for people? i guess it might be possible...
post edited by wiseacre - 2009/10/24 14:12:05

no
dunny
  • Total Posts : 6093
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:13:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Stanza

are you positive? it wasn't just the same two serato vinyls? and a cd to kick things off with?

even if it was serato vinyls why would he take them off the decks ?

CollisionCourse
  • Total Posts : 834
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:13:10 (permalink)
prove it
MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:16:53 (permalink)
I think Mistabishi is a total prick anyway, so I'll choose to believe this.

orignal by mista

lol @ over analysis - over compensating a little for the fact you can't actually dj? that most basic of skills, the one that you constantly slag off.

i can beat match just fine. i just don't see the excessive merit in it that people like you obviously give to it.  i've played vinyl only  sets where i've had to beat match things. largely because i've been forced to. i've also played sets with nothing more than a single cd and spent the whole hour on the phone. on both occasions i played the records i make and they have the desired effect on those that dance to them. i might piss off the mouth breathing gawpers at the front who desperately want to be doing what i'm doing but i've never been that kind of person, and would never make a record for that kind of person.
these days i compromise by playing  cd's and older records on vinyl. i'm not best pleased about having to conform to some pre-arranged expectation of some one like you. i just like making music for ravers. that's what has always got me off.
you should probably ask yourself why being able to beat match the same record over and over again means so much to you. do you want to be a drum and bass dj? did you buy into the dream that if you practice long enough you'll be flown around the world to play your record collection for people? i guess it might be possible...

really?
post edited by MykMallett - 2009/10/24 14:19:36
X NATION
  • Total Posts : 59507
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:19:55 (permalink)
If it is true then he shouldn't be dj'ing at clubs.
DJ Deadline
  • Total Posts : 5068
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:20:27 (permalink)
this sort of thing doesn't surprise me anymore
Cinq
  • Total Posts : 4357
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:21:34 (permalink)
I'm amazed at how he can have a conversation on the phone at a club. Bit too loud shirley?
Media
  • Total Posts : 5008
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:22:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wiseacre

orignal by mista

He's always posting stuff like this on DOA - he seems like a total fucking prick.

MykMallett
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:23:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: STIMPY

If it is true then he shouldn't be dj'ing at clubs.

Absolutely. If this is true then that just makes him the biggest joke in the scene. People gave TC shit for saying he had prepitched cds...this is taking the piss.

He is an utter cock-end i reckon, so I hope this is true.
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35871
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:24:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ldot

I went to Bassment presents Hospitality @ Bar Mango in Reading last night and it was awesome. High Contrast and Logistics both played wicked sets, i was having a great time until i went up to the balcony (which overlooks the DJ booth) at the beginning of Mistabishi's set and watched him play a mix CD on a CDJ and prick about pressing buttons for a whole hour!
I litterally couldn't believe my eyes!! He put vinyl on the decks then pretended to mix them...even though it was the same 2 vinyl the whole night! How do i know? Because i watched him take a vinyl off a turntable, put it in his bag, get it BACK out then put it on the other turn table and pretend to mix it!
The guy spent so much time dancing like a penis behind the decks in not supprised he couldnt mix. It's annoyed me a little bit because the Bassment guys work so hard to put nights on and with the exception of Mistabishi it was a wicked night!
Let this be a lesson to all you promoters out there, he charges hundreds of pounds to turn up and play a mixed cd.
xXx

Who the fuck are you anyway?
greenfrog
  • Total Posts : 4738
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:24:30 (permalink)

xXx

DJ Deadline
  • Total Posts : 5068
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:24:56 (permalink)
his tunes are shit anyway
MykMallett
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:27:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: IKOS

xXx

What has that got to do with anything? He could be anyone with a set of eyes. You can choose to believe him or not, its up to you.
Ldot
  • Total Posts : 348
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:28:41 (permalink)
It definately wasnt Serato as he had no Laptop with him, plus he was changing the vinyl onto different turntables - purely to make it look like he was doing something!
The thing i dont get is, if he's so comfortable with what he does (which that quote would suggest) then why did he feel the need to fake it?? Also, how can he warrant charging £300 to turn up and play a mix CD?
To be fair, i can't mix. But if anyone's willing to make me a mix CD and pay me £300 ill happily stand behind a Dj booth dancing and pressing buttons. I'm not sure i like where all this is going ....
xXx

IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35871
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:32:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MykMallett

ORIGINAL: IKOS

xXx

What has that got to do with anything? He could be anyone with a set of eyes. You can choose to believe him or not, its up to you.

New account, name I don’t recognise. Its got something to do with it because I wondered if it was anyone with authority or possibly just someone with a grudge.
DJNoize
  • Total Posts : 7074
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:35:19 (permalink)
madtag
  • Total Posts : 4111
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:36:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wiseacre

orignal by mista

Did Mistabishi post that?? if so what a cringe my personal fave line is
i've also played sets with nothing more than a single cd and spent the whole hour on the phone

If I was a promoter and had booked him to do a set and he just plonked in a mix cd and had a natter on his phone I would get the other cdj and smash it over his head

Would love to see what London Elek would have to say on this he is always banging on about the war on vinyl

Arkaik
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:36:25 (permalink)
There was a balcony above the dj booth so you could watch the dj, i was there from the beginning of his set, he litteraly had no laptop, no seranto, about 2 tunes on vinyl that he pretended to mix and 2 mix cds. he then even made it look like he was mixing the vinyl yet there was only 1 fader up. every 4/5 tunes he would then take the vinyl off even though it was clearly playing from the cdj, the only thing he did was playing about with the high passfilter like a 4 year old. The reason i am writing this is because people need to know, so hopefully people wont book him, it was all a act, he makes a mockery of djs
X NATION
  • Total Posts : 59507
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:40:51 (permalink)
Yeah I thought London Elektricity was staunch anti cd, pro vinyl and I assume pro mixing? Or is that all a front too?
MykMallett
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:42:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Arkaik

There was a balcony above the dj booth so you could watch the dj, i was there from the beginning of his set, he litteraly had no laptop, no seranto, about 2 tunes on vinyl that he pretended to mix and 2 mix cds. he then even made it look like he was mixing the vinyl yet there was only 1 fader up. every 4/5 tunes he would then take the vinyl off even though it was clearly playing from the cdj, the only thing he did was playing about with the high passfilter like a 4 year old. The reason i am writing this is because people need to know, so hopefully people wont book him, it was all a act, he makes a mockery of djs

Why have you signed up as another member Ldot?
Arkaik
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:43:51 (permalink)
Lee Codes
  • Total Posts : 3761
RE: I watched Mistabishi play a mix CD at a club last night - WHAT A FAKER!!! 2009/10/24 14:44:09 (permalink)
reminds me of the video of that dj from new order pretending to mix
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 47
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0