Helpful ReplyHot!UFC / MMA Thread -

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 148
Author
Green_Hornet
  • Total Posts : 236
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 00:59:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Keeno

Will be funny to see the UFC dispose of Kimbo on their own reality show, still surprised they've done it but he is a draw I guess.

Rashad Evans on TUF talking about his loss, says he was trash talking right before the KO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAvF7piv-vg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmaforum.com%2Fufc%2F56987-rashads-first-major-video-interview-since-machida-loss-seems-humbled.html&feature=player_embedded

I thought it was weird that his mouth kept opening lol. Glad to hear it has humbled him a bit, he's a great fighter and always exciting to watch.

Must say I didn't care much for Evans before the fight but he comes across like quite an intelligent and decent guy in that interview. He's gone up in my estimation but I'll probably still be pulling for a Rampage win when they fight.

/Pure\
  • Total Posts : 3379
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 01:46:13 (permalink)
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4782
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 10:34:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: /Pure\

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/other-sports/2009/06/02/UFC-Cro-Cop-to-fight-at-UFC-99/gnid-55508/

Whos ready for some high kicks?

I am....just hope Setanta are still broadcasting then
DEEVS
  • Total Posts : 29270
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 21:56:19 (permalink)
TUF EPISODE 10

http://www.mmashare.com/the-ultimate-fighter-s09-e10-video-t6802.html

One of the best fights i have seen on TUF!

Also Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans are the Coaches for Season 10 so they will be fighting december (?) time maybe???

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJ_H20
  • Total Posts : 15655
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 22:11:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mulla

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/other-sports/2009/06/02/UFC-Cro-Cop-to-fight-at-UFC-99/gnid-55508/

Whos ready for some high kicks?

I am....just hope Setanta are still broadcasting then

they in trouble? havent heard anything about this. will want money off my virgin if they stop
MikeyPat
  • Total Posts : 12034
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/04 22:31:13 (permalink)
I will always be a CroCop fan, but the UFC heavyweight division is too much for him this late in his career. Would be amazing if he come back and ploughed through half of the division but I really can't see it happening.

He should finish Al Turk fairly easily.
WombRaider
  • Total Posts : 7513
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/05 12:03:59 (permalink)
Do you think Brock will be a bit more patient and wait to take him down, cause you know he can whenever he wants too.

Or do you think Mir will try and dictate the pace and keep it stood up and pick off Brock with his striking which seems to be alot better.

Either way....I really don't know where this fight is going to go this time.

I know Brocks camp WILL NOT take him lightly and Brock shouldn't make any rookie errors like last time.

Mir's a really smart fighter though and he will fight with his head and just capitalize on mistakes that Brock makes.
DEEVS
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/05 13:03:41 (permalink)
Mir is good but Big Nog made him look better than he was

GAME OVER MAN!!!
greenfrog
  • Total Posts : 4738
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 00:34:05 (permalink)
good weekend for MMA we got strikeforce tomorrow and WEC 41 on sunday

DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 01:12:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: greenfrog

where can i watch these?
DEEVS
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 11:09:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJ_H20

where can i watch these?

the videos will be up on MMA Share or MMA TKO within the next day, throughout the day

Justin TV maybe streaming them, just a case of finding a good channel.

i will post the links when they are up!

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31048
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 11:33:25 (permalink)
How come Fedor hasn't ever been in/or is coming to the UFC?

danfreeman1
  • Total Posts : 1586
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 11:53:52 (permalink)
are setanta still cutting off the show before the main fights?

MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 12:17:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: danfreeman1

lol that has only happened once when I've been watching live, when Rampage lost to Griffin. That was on someone else's freeview though, I haven't seen it happen since on a Sky or Virgin box.

ORIGINAL: WombRaider

Do you think Brock will be a bit more patient and wait to take him down, cause you know he can whenever he wants too.

Or do you think Mir will try and dictate the pace and keep it stood up and pick off Brock with his striking which seems to be alot better.

I know Brocks camp WILL NOT take him lightly and Brock shouldn't make any rookie errors like last time.

Mir's a really smart fighter though and he will fight with his head and just capitalize on mistakes that Brock makes.

Don't be fooled by Mir's domination of Nog, Mir is at risk standing up and on the ground. His only hope really is to catch another sub from his back, but you know Brock will be dedicating half his camp to avoiding that. Mir aint taking him down and he won't win a grappling match with such a freak of a man in Lesnar. As much as I think it would be great to see Mir landing bombs and headkicks, we all saw Heath Herring get punched to the other side of the cage when he fought Lesnar. I hope Mir tests Lesnar's chin with some intelligent standup, see really what he can take but I think it will take someone like Carwin or Kongo to do that.

Lesnar by donkey kong in the first.

ORIGINAL: Lrrr

Because the UFC only want exclusive contracts. Fedor is different to most fighters in that he wants to still compete in Sambo and has ties with M1. Its not as simple as Dana White saying here's what I'll pay you, what do you say? On White's 98 blog he's at a game shop signing the new game and someone wrote Fedor in big letters outside of the shop and he said something like "people always saying sign Fedor, like I don't want to fuckin sign Fedor".

where can i watch these?

TVU Player.

Great weekend for MMA. Can't wait for strikeforce, hopefully Arlovski gives Rogers a lesson in striking and hopefully Randleman destroys Mike Whitehead who is a shit talking, whining, average joe who thinks training with Wanderlei Silva makes him the man.

Weigh ins video: http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Video-Strikeforce-Weigh-ins-2005
rainey
  • Total Posts : 1920
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 12:56:02 (permalink)
strike force is a an awesome card!

and wec always has good fights!

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
danfreeman1
  • Total Posts : 1586
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 13:33:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: danfreeman1

lol that has only happened once when I've been watching live, when Rampage lost to Griffin. That was on someone else's freeview though, I haven't seen it happen since on a Sky or Virgin box.

ORIGINAL: WombRaider

Don't be fooled by Mir's domination of Nog, Mir is at risk standing up and on the ground. His only hope really is to catch another sub from his back, but you know Brock will be dedicating half his camp to avoiding that. Mir aint taking him down and he won't win a grappling match with such a freak of a man in Lesnar. As much as I think it would be great to see Mir landing bombs and headkicks, we all saw Heath Herring get punched to the other side of the cage when he fought Lesnar. I hope Mir tests Lesnar's chin with some intelligent standup, see really what he can take but I think it will take someone like Carwin or Kongo to do that.

Lesnar by donkey kong in the first.

ORIGINAL: Lrrr

Because the UFC only want exclusive contracts. Fedor is different to most fighters in that he wants to still compete in Sambo and has ties with M1. Its not as simple as Dana White saying here's what I'll pay you, what do you say? On White's 98 blog he's at a game shop signing the new game and someone wrote Fedor in big letters outside of the shop and he said something like "people always saying sign Fedor, like I don't want to fuckin sign Fedor".

where can i watch these?

i just have freeview but im sure they switch it onto setanta 2 or something before the main fight....
TVU Player.

Great weekend for MMA. Can't wait for strikeforce, hopefully Arlovski gives Rogers a lesson in striking and hopefully Randleman destroys Mike Whitehead who is a shit talking, whining, average joe who thinks training with Wanderlei Silva makes him the man.

Weigh ins video: http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Video-Strikeforce-Weigh-ins-2005

yeah i just looked back at UFC 98 and its got the whole thing on...my bad
post edited by danfreeman1 - 2009/06/06 14:02:27

mowglee
  • Total Posts : 5533
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 14:29:47 (permalink)
anywhere where i can watch all seasons all episodes (not just bits and bobs) of TUF?..
Green_Hornet
  • Total Posts : 236
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 15:45:03 (permalink)

TVU Player.

I've d'loaded the TVU player but can't find Showtime Sports - the channel broadcasting Strikeforce.
Any tips?

DJ Slime
  • Total Posts : 994
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 19:32:27 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Green_Hornet

TVU Player.

I've d'loaded the TVU player but can't find Showtime Sports - the channel broadcasting Strikeforce.
Any tips?

Most stuff is shown on "MMA-TV"

MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 20:01:07 (permalink)
Yeah MMA TV usually.

Just found this gif, slow motion of the first punch that started the end of the fight at 98. Evans' left hand had barely started moving and Machida was already moving to flick it down and counter. Amazing instincts and speed to be able to do that to someone as quick as Evans. The left hand wasn't even a punch, Evans set up Liddell with that same left flick then landed the nuclear bomb on his chin, Machida wasn't having any of that, he had landed his counter before that right ever arrived then ducked it for good measure. Freakish counter striking.

If you watch it in full flow, even the original gif that hadn't been slowed down it's hard to see who moves first and what really happens. Think what he would do to Rampage, would be hard to watch such a legend get made to look like such an amateur. Shogun likes to soak up too much to be a threat too, his gameplan should be grapple for 5 rounds but good luck with that lol.

Here's the full flow gif..

post edited by Keeno - 2009/06/06 20:02:56
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 22:03:35 (permalink)

Yeah MMA TV usually.

Just found this gif, slow motion of the first punch that started the end of the fight at 98. Evans' left hand had barely started moving and Machida was already moving to flick it down and counter. Amazing instincts and speed to be able to do that to someone as quick as Evans. The left hand wasn't even a punch, Evans set up Liddell with that same left flick then landed the nuclear bomb on his chin, Machida wasn't having any of that, he had landed his counter before that right ever arrived then ducked it for good measure. Freakish counter striking.

If you watch it in full flow, even the original gif that hadn't been slowed down it's hard to see who moves first and what really happens. Think what he would do to Rampage, would be hard to watch such a legend get made to look like such an amateur. Shogun likes to soak up too much to be a threat too, his gameplan should be grapple for 5 rounds but good luck with that lol.

Here's the full flow gif..

sickening lol.
is strikeforce at 3.00am?
TripleHelix
  • Total Posts : 322
MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 22:16:35 (permalink)
Dunno mate I'll just download i tomorrow I think.

Remember to post spoiler warnings people, for any event.
/Pure\
  • Total Posts : 3379
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 22:18:00 (permalink)
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 22:23:17 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PDd3KBop40

that really cant be good for the brain
TripleHelix
  • Total Posts : 322
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/06 22:33:15 (permalink)

nice
theres one of him wearing a karate outfit (cant remember what theyre called) gets the other dudes arms locked, right arm with his legs the left with one arm an elbows him in the temple till hes out
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/07 02:53:59 (permalink)
any decent links to strikeforce which starts any minute now would be nice
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/07 04:04:09 (permalink)
2 epics so far, def one to watch on the replays tommorow
rogerrinseout
  • Total Posts : 66
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/07 10:41:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: TripleHelix

nice
theres one of him wearing a karate outfit (cant remember what theyre called) gets the other dudes arms locked, right arm with his legs the left with one arm an elbows him in the temple till hes out

Nah, that was Gary Goodridge.
grafix
  • Total Posts : 2068
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/06/07 12:34:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rogerrinseout

ORIGINAL: TripleHelix

nice

Nah, that was Gary Goodridge.

From the primative days of UFC lol.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 148
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0