Helpful ReplyHot!UFC / MMA Thread -

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 150
Author
DEEVS
  • Total Posts : 29270
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/21 20:49:35 (permalink)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=TS3YSHS4

TUF episode 8

aired last night in US

GAME OVER MAN!!!
MikeyPat
  • Total Posts : 12034
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/21 23:11:21 (permalink)
H20 couldn't you find any better pics of Silva Franklin lol

TUF SPOILER

Felt bad for Lawson gassing like that, but to be honest he looked quite weak on top and his standup wasn't too great. Good transition when Dent had has back when it hit the mat, he's obviously got a good ground game.

I saw him in Bournemouth yesterday morning actually, outside Bulldog gym where he trains. Kinda figured he didn't win it after that but thought he might have got to the semis considering his opponent.
DEEVS
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/22 09:13:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Keeno

H20 couldn't you find any better pics of Silva Franklin lol

TUF SPOILER

Felt bad for Lawson gassing like that, but to be honest he looked quite weak on top and his standup wasn't too great. Good transition when Dent had has back when it hit the mat, he's obviously got a good ground game.

I saw him in Bournemouth yesterday morning actually, outside Bulldog gym where he trains. Kinda figured he didn't win it after that but thought he might have got to the semis considering his opponent.

disspaointing fight and episode

had him in a good position on the floor for some G&P then kept trying to grab his leg

GAME OVER MAN!!!
mowglee
  • Total Posts : 5533
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/22 12:10:34 (permalink)
got that game now. pretty sick. just nocked out henderson with bisping. locked on the rear naked choke as well.
DJ_H20
  • Total Posts : 15655
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/22 12:59:04 (permalink)
just about to go get this on ps3
greenfrog
  • Total Posts : 4738
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:07:47 (permalink)
its tonight its tonight its tonight its tonight
DEEVS
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:15:09 (permalink)
looking more forward to the battle of the Matts than the main fight

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:17:36 (permalink)
yes yes. will prob have a few hours sleep before it as ive been drinking slowly all day.
greenfrog
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:24:03 (permalink)
how you guys watching it? via setanta or live stream?
Jutt
  • Total Posts : 2150
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:26:34 (permalink)
Might grab a few hours kip , so I can feel semi normal watching it.

ORIGINAL: nayf

Why do you need a tough dog? Who do you need protecting from? Ze Germans?

ORIGINAL: Stamina MC

I'm too busy shaking my head in disbelief to be offended.

DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:29:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: greenfrog

how you guys watching it? via setanta or live stream?

setanta 2. free on virgin. also ant1 notice the 3 months half price for setenta in the ufc game? any1 want mine?
Green_Hornet
  • Total Posts : 236
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:41:17 (permalink)

Go Macheda!!!

DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:42:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Green_Hornet

Go Macheda!!!

Evans KO i think.
Green_Hornet
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 21:56:50 (permalink)

It would set up a good fight between him and Rampage but I think Machida will beat him.

Should be a good fight.

DJ Slime
  • Total Posts : 994
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/23 23:40:27 (permalink)
Got a tenner on Evans and Serra winning their fights tonight.

rainey
  • Total Posts : 1920
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 00:30:33 (permalink)
on a side note form tonights fights it looks like paul daley is fighintg jay hieron at afflliction 3! massive fight for paul!

tonight i hope evans and serra win

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Jutt
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 05:47:26 (permalink)
Tonight's UFC - oh gosh

MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 06:06:26 (permalink)
UFC 98 SPOILER

As soon as I saw Machida choke out Sokoudjou back in 07 I said he'd be champion before long, only surprise really was the way he finished Evans, brutal KO out of no where. Always good to be right.

Main card wasn't too bad, Edgar was very impressive and Machida of course made it worth staying up for.
DJ Slime
  • Total Posts : 994
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 06:07:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jutt

Tonight's UFC - oh gosh

Who the fuck can beat him? Rampage is probably number 1 contender now.

Would be interesting to see if Anderson Silva remains at 205, beating Griffin could potentially land him a title shot.

DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 11:23:41 (permalink)
fell asleep at 3am on the dot lol. just watched the last 4 fights though. Machida is just on another level. Some bruce lee fucking martial arts Don. No one in lightheavy will touch him for a long time. he wasnt even out of 2nd gear in that fight, was way too easy, near impossible to hit the fucker.

thought the hughes/serra fight was average but hughes just about smothered him enough to win it.
greenfrog
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 14:08:08 (permalink)
machida is on a whole other level to the rest of the light heavyweights, he will hold the title for a while I recon

serra vs hughes, typical lay n pray which I was expecting, I dont care for either man much tbh

very impressed with frankie edgar he showed great movement and speed, sherk was predictable, always coming down the middle, he should have gone for the takedown  more and could have thrown a few leg kicks, he's not past his prime yet imo, he did show improved boxing, if he can mix this with his wrestling he could get back to the top imo.
post edited by greenfrog - 2009/05/24 14:16:03
Green_Hornet
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 14:44:22 (permalink)

The Dragon is a badman. The fight pretty much turned out as I expected, the man has a unique style which makes him near impossible to hit. He'll hold that belt for a while I think.

Edgar was impressive, Sherk had no answer to his movement and zippy striking. I though Serra was quite unlucky to lose the decision against Hughes. Even when Hughes took him down he didn't do anything, it was Serra looking to work submissions. Don't really care much for either fighter so not that bothered really.

MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 15:51:35 (permalink)
I can't see how anyone can beat Machida. Greg Jackson sent Evans in there with the most sensible gameplan so far, but trying to out counter Machida was never going to work. Funny thing is, Evans couldn't even counter, Machida stalked him in such a subtle way and then exploded. Next thing Evans knew he woke up in a mess.

That was a big moment in MMA and will now start a big record I think. Rampage for a start doesn't stand a chance. Evans is a lot faster and more versatile than Rampage and Machida wasn't there to get hit. The old Rampage cover and roll won't be enough this time, as much as I like Rampage he will be an easy fight for Machida I think.
Jutt
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/24 16:06:16 (permalink)
It'll be Machida by a large margin UD I think.

I can't see him being knocked out like Evans , but saying that I was expecting a UD for Machida not a knock victory.

greenfrog
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/25 00:10:21 (permalink)
brb training in karate
DJ_H20
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/25 00:12:25 (permalink)
any1 think machida has what it takes to move up to heavywieght in the future? personally i dont think hes big enough..
Bamberdele08
  • Total Posts : 3841
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/25 01:03:47 (permalink)
Not too clued up on these fighters but saw Evans get K.O'd and it was a very much well deserved K.O seen as Evans ran the whole fight. Good finish by Machida and he did make it look pretty easy which probably indicates just how good of a fighter he actually is but all Evans did was try to look for counters every now and then and I just got the impression he was didn't want to fight. I don't think I saw him make any kind of attempt to try and bang Machida. All he did was dance for 10 minutes and I was glad he got sparked out cold.

MikeyPat
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/25 02:30:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Bamberdele08

Not too clued up on these fighters but saw Evans get K.O'd and it was a very much well deserved K.O seen as Evans ran the whole fight. Good finish by Machida and he did make it look pretty easy which probably indicates just how good of a fighter he actually is but all Evans did was try to look for counters every now and then and I just got the impression he was didn't want to fight. I don't think I saw him make any kind of attempt to try and bang Machida. All he did was dance for 10 minutes and I was glad he got sparked out cold.

Go and find some of Machida's previous fights, the ones against Thiago Silva and Tito Ortiz in particular. You will see why Evans tried to draw Machida in rather than chase him, since Machida is the most awkward and effective counter striker in the game, chasing him is the worst gameplan. In fact, Evans actually got impatient and went in first at which point Machida countered and put it all over him. Clear demonstration of why he didn't want to chase Machida, but ended up getting drawn in, doing exactly that and getting KO'd anyway.

And watch Evans vs Liddell for an example of how he can counter KO too, in devastating fashion. What they tried made sense in some ways, certainly more than chasing Machida. Just turns out Machida was in a different class.
WombRaider
  • Total Posts : 7518
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/29 14:38:41 (permalink)
Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White on Thursday, via an Ultimate Fighter 10 teleconference, announced that the next season of the venerable Spike TV reality series would see Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans as coaches.

The tenth season, titled The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights, kicks off on Sept. 16. It will be comprised completely of heavyweight athletes and culminate in a grudge match on Dec. 12 between Jackson and Evans.

"We haven't done heavyweights since season two of TUF," said White. "And this is the first time that we're going to do all heavyweights. The coaches are going to be Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans."

The decision to go with Jackson and Evans, according to White, was actually determined by Jackson, who was initially going to be next in line for a shot at Lyoto Machida, the new UFC light heavyweight champion. Machida defeated Evans for the title this past weekend at UFC 98, but Jackson's beef with Evans was deeper than his desire for an immediate return shot at the belt.

"Dana told me I could fight whoever," said Jackson. "I had my mind set to fight Evans. The fight would have meant more to me had he won (against Machida), but that's what I want. I want to whoop his ass.

"No, I wasn't happy to see him get knocked out. I wanted to be the first one to knock him out."

The animosity between the two began when Evans stepped into the Octagon to confront Jackson at UFC 96. Jackson had just won a unanimous decision over Evans' teammate, Keith Jardine.

"We were figuring out what we were going to do with coaches. That Quinton said he wanted Rashad Evans; it was a no brainer," White commented on the decision to select Jackson and Evans as coaches.

Jackson, who let his participation as a coach slip a little early via his Twitter account late Wednesday night, returns for his second stint as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter. His first go around was coaching opposite Forrest Griffin on season seven. Following the show, Jackson, then the UFC light heavyweight champion, lost his belt to Griffin at UFC 86. He has since returned to form, knocking out his nemesis, Wanderlei Silva, at UFC 92 and earning the unanimous decision victory over Jardine.

Having lost the belt to Machida at UFC 98, Evans returns to the launching pad of his UFC career, this time as a coach instead of a competitor. He won the heavyweight division of The Ultimate Fighter when the program was still in its infancy during season two. After defeating Brad Imes to win that season, Evans dropped down to light heavyweight making his successful run at the title before the recent loss to Machida.

WombRaider
  • Total Posts : 7518
RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2009/05/29 14:39:43 (permalink)
Before Rampage's jaw needed to be worked on he was gunning for Rashad's title, now its Machida's Rampage doesn't want to fight for it.
Machida is gonna hold that belt for a while.I dont see many LHW fuckin' with him.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 150
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0