Helpful ReplyHot!UFC / MMA Thread -

Page: << < ..151 Showing page 151 of 151
Author
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2944
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/31 19:31:15 (permalink)
Arcadian
wakeytom
So Tenshin just got smashed by Floyd in what was meant to be an exhibition as the last fight on the Rizin card. JMMA going to JMMA

what was the deal with this? that crying Asian guy looked like a amateur, why did anyone think he would stand a chance

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/floyd-mayweather-nasukawa-live-stream-13795217

Basically it was booked as an exhibition match especially to help grow Tenshin who is fire, which I believe Floyd came for and started with dancing around and playing to start with. Then Tenshin started swinging and I get the impression that Floyd didn't like that (as he wasn't expecting it - I don't think he even had a gum shield in) and decided he needed to teach the young up coming star a lesson.

So it went horribly wrong in the end but was a quality end to the card (if you know about JMMA especially on NYE there has to be a freakshow fight)
GSV
  • Total Posts : 596
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/31 20:36:42 (permalink)
dnbsmurf
GSV
Penn as well, watching him getting tapped out on the prelims is just depressing considering what a beast he used to be.

Watching Chiesa at WW really rammed home how mad it is he used to cut to LW, he looked fucking huge. I really hope they start to clamp down on the severe weight cutting soon. Weigh them the day before, then you get weighed again a certain time before your fight and you have to be within a set amount of pounds from your initial weight or you get cancelled.

Sounds good in theory, however will most likely just cause fighters to continue dehydrating themselves into fight day, which could be catastrophic. Maybe some sort of random weight testing could be a solution, similar to random drug testing whereby fighters are weighed at various points through the year and have to be in a certain weight bracket depending on their weight class. Could go someway to dissuading fighters to fight at worryingly low weights. They could do it as part of the USADA pee tests and make them weigh at the same time.

Oh yeah it's by no means a perfect solution, I'm sure there's properly educated people who could come up with one however, but sadly the UFC don't seem to give a flying fuck about addressing it really. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try and dehydrate themselves up to an hour and a half or so before their fight though, certainly not more than once anyhow.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97486
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/31 20:47:24 (permalink)
wakeytom
Arcadian
wakeytom
So Tenshin just got smashed by Floyd in what was meant to be an exhibition as the last fight on the Rizin card. JMMA going to JMMA

what was the deal with this? that crying Asian guy looked like a amateur, why did anyone think he would stand a chance

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/floyd-mayweather-nasukawa-live-stream-13795217

Basically it was booked as an exhibition match especially to help grow Tenshin who is fire, which I believe Floyd came for and started with dancing around and playing to start with. Then Tenshin started swinging and I get the impression that Floyd didn't like that (as he wasn't expecting it - I don't think he even had a gum shield in) and decided he needed to teach the young up coming star a lesson.

So it went horribly wrong in the end but was a quality end to the card (if you know about JMMA especially on NYE there has to be a freakshow fight)

U wot m8
Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17296
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/01 03:56:35 (permalink)
Razor
Am I the only one who doesn't like seeing women fighting?

Poofter, eh?

GSV
I really hope they start to clamp down on the severe weight cutting soon. Weigh them the day before, then you get weighed again a certain time before your fight and you have to be within a set amount of pounds from your initial weight or you get cancelled.

The hope is that proposals/procedures in place in California are adopted nationwide. No traction thus far, sadly:

https://www.mmafighting.c...extreme-weight-cutting

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1741
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/01 22:29:12 (permalink)
The UFC needs to add a 165lb division and make welterweight 175lb. There's too much of gap between featherweight and welterweight.
Stamina MC
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 01:44:44 (permalink)
They really do. And if it ends up being as rumoured that the Flyweight division is not much longer for this world it'll only end up making the Bantamweight division more dense with talent, both from those fighters that were allowed to move up (rather than being cut) and those that'll ever sign in future, knowing they can't compete any lighter in the world's leading organisation.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4857
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 12:00:22 (permalink)
Arcadian
wakeytom

When it was first announced, the rule set was still up in the air. Being in Japan lots of people thought it might have been modified boxing rules to allow kicks as well, kinda like Floyd was talking about for a Conor rematch. Tenshin's an insanely good kickboxer, so rightfully people thought that if kicks were allowed he would most likely win. When it was finally announced that it was just straight boxing rules, I don't think anyone was still picking him to beat Floyd. 

GSV
dnbsmurf
GSV
Penn as well, watching him getting tapped out on the prelims is just depressing considering what a beast he used to be.

Watching Chiesa at WW really rammed home how mad it is he used to cut to LW, he looked fucking huge. I really hope they start to clamp down on the severe weight cutting soon. Weigh them the day before, then you get weighed again a certain time before your fight and you have to be within a set amount of pounds from your initial weight or you get cancelled.

Sounds good in theory, however will most likely just cause fighters to continue dehydrating themselves into fight day, which could be catastrophic. Maybe some sort of random weight testing could be a solution, similar to random drug testing whereby fighters are weighed at various points through the year and have to be in a certain weight bracket depending on their weight class. Could go someway to dissuading fighters to fight at worryingly low weights. They could do it as part of the USADA pee tests and make them weigh at the same time.

Oh yeah it's by no means a perfect solution, I'm sure there's properly educated people who could come up with one however, but sadly the UFC don't seem to give a flying fuck about addressing it really. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try and dehydrate themselves up to an hour and a half or so before their fight though, certainly not more than once anyhow.

Unfortunately I disagree. 

One Championships have changed the game with regards to weight cutting in that they bumped ALL fighters up a weightclass in order to make them stop cutting...essentially making them fight at their natural weight. They then do regular hydration tests throughout the fight camps to make sure none of them are dehydrating themselves to get to their fight weight. If a fighter shows to be dehydrated they're pulled from the fight. 
post edited by Mulla - 2019/01/02 12:06:34
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13950
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 12:31:56 (permalink)
Razor
Am I the only one who doesn't like seeing women fighting?

Doesn’t sit comfortably but then in a gym women have been some of the best I’ve seen technically on pads, especially in Muay Thai.
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1741
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 13:12:10 (permalink)
Unless it's title fights or number one contender fights than the women should be on Fight Night's and prelims. A lot of the fights aren't that great.
Stamina MC
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 21:24:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mulla 2019/01/03 13:04:40
^ Ah, that old chestnut. Most of them already are, anyway — between the talent pool not being as deep and the sport overall being much younger, the differences are understandable and easily explained. But people are watching it, and that's the only motivation the company ever needs or wants. Few cases exist of a WMMA fight being given preferential scheduling on a card...
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18803
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/02 22:07:49 (permalink)
Been some really good women's fights recently.

KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16172
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/03 17:34:21 (permalink)
Just finished watching the replay, the women’s title fights are usually decent these days and that Nunes ko was one of the highlights of the night. What a beast!

The Chiesa fight was good for the roley-poley holds and counters.

Fight of the night was Volkanovski vs Mendez imo, them boys were getting it in. I thought the Jones fight was dry compared to them.
Dee_Jay_H_Twenty
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/10 14:42:00 (permalink)
Chiesa finishing the Kimura one handed was awesome. 
Volkanovski is a serious contender. He finds a way to win. Strong everywhere.

Nunes looked amazing, again. Great to see Cyborg smashed to pieces. 

Jones really needs to fight DC at Heavyweight.

Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4857
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/18 13:09:54 (permalink)
GSV
  • Total Posts : 596
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/18 14:13:01 (permalink)
Mulla
https://twitter.com/FurysFightPicks/status/1086144915896033280

TJ "The Machinist" Dillashaw

That is fucking grim.  Every time this thread get's bumped I get worried someone has missed weight or failed a drugs test..
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2404
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/18 14:40:08 (permalink)
TJ wants to fight holloway next - i think that might be a step too far. 
JAWA
  • Total Posts : 2714
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/18 14:45:14 (permalink)
GSV
Mulla
https://twitter.com/FurysFightPicks/status/1086144915896033280

TJ "The Machinist" Dillashaw

That is fucking grim.  Every time this thread get's bumped I get worried someone has missed weight or failed a drugs test..

His weight cut has been meticulous tbf. Follow him on Instagram and his training camp seems intense. Not to say he doesn't look gaunt as fuck though. I hope he wins but agree that a fight against Max would be a serious test given the form Holloway is in. Would be good to watch though.
Stamina MC
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/18 19:57:02 (permalink)
I feel Max would be too much for TJ overall... and definitely too much as his very next opponent after this weekend!
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2404
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/21 09:53:36 (permalink)
Well that ended quickly 
JAWA
  • Total Posts : 2714
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2019/01/21 10:08:01 (permalink)
I don't think it was the worst stoppage of all time but I still think it was too soon. Tj was rocked but he didn't look out of the game and unable to defend himself. He was just being rushed. As many people have said, I think a champ v champ fight deserved a little more leeway.
Page: << < ..151 Showing page 151 of 151
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0