Helpful ReplyHot!UFC / MMA Thread -

Page: << < ..146147148149150 > Showing page 149 of 150
Author
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1695
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/01 12:49:49 (permalink)
wakeytom
Mulla
I think he was meant as fodder for Ninja tbh. Shogun was obviously the star at 205lbs so they fattened Ninja up and tried to give him an easy fight in the first round. Even Bas and Quadros seemed surprised when Sergei was lighting him up. They all thought he was just another one dimensional grappler lol. 

One and UFC in talks for a trade between Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren! Would love to see Ben in the UFC but seems a little pointless as he's team mates with Woodley and they've both said they won't fight each other. Seems a little odd on the One side too as Matt Hume is both Johnson's manager and VP at One 

I thought Dana has openly said he doesn't want the Flyweight division and Ben has quite a few decent fights in the UFC, say Woodley keeps the 170 belt this constant talk of the the 165 division must be something that they can get Ben involved in, especially if they do drop the 125 (as they will surely want to replace it with another belt) but don't need to make him fight Tyron

A 165 division, making welterweight 185 and adding a 195 division is what they should do. We've had so many fights cancelled due to problems with weight cuts there needs to be less of a gap between divisions. Rich Franklin would think the 195 division is ten years too late
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4843
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/02 16:42:17 (permalink)
Sijara Eubanks misses weight by 1.2lbs after all the talk about how she deserved her title shot 

What a fuck up. I was quite excited to see what she could do after TUF but looks like she'll be back to Invicta after this weekend. 

Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/02 22:45:06 (permalink)
She's always missing weight and will be cut if she loses I reckon. Is that a fat Holly Holm holding the towel?
Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17289
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/03 20:05:48 (permalink)
DC by dominance, or Lewis for the upset? Jacaré or Weidman? Adesanya or Brunson, dagnammit!?
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18740
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/04 15:49:42 (permalink)
great card, adesanya fights are so fun to watch

Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17289
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/04 22:20:28 (permalink)
darkmatter
great card, adesanya fights are so fun to watch

Literally just watching the Tavares fight, which I never took the time with for some unknown reason. Wowsers, haha.
GSV
  • Total Posts : 548
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/04 23:11:57 (permalink)
Adensaya looks a serious contender now, his takedown defense has come on really well.
If you didn't see the early prelims check out the Vanatta - Frevola fight, was a great scrap.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 11:15:52 (permalink)
Feel so bad for Weidman, the MSG curse got him again. Minutes away from winning a decision and gets caught. Pleased for Jacare tho, he's such a legend, just not sure I need to see him against either Whittaker or Gastelum again.

I'm a little gutted there was barely any grappling but it was such a good fight anyway.

Adesanya talking about being a potential replacement in the Whittaker/Gastelum bout. Not sure how I feel about that but tbf I'm not sure there's anyone more deserving either. Would like to see him fuck up Rockhold next.
post edited by Mulla - 2018/11/05 11:16:57
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2374
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 11:53:00 (permalink)
I think adesanya looks to be the next big draw doesn't he? That stand up striking style is so much more pleasing for the average fan than BJJ/wrestling etc 
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 12:30:06 (permalink)
Yeah definitely. He's got the personality to go with the exciting fight style too.
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 12:38:44 (permalink)
Cracking fight between Weidman and Jacare. Hopefully Rockhold will be back soon as there's some good fights out there for him.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 12:40:42 (permalink)
Mayweather v Tenshin announced for Rizin's NYE show. No mention of rulesets yet, but I'm guessing some kind of severely limited kickboxing rules.
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2374
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 13:13:10 (permalink)
Surely if tenshin is allowed to kick at all he will fuck floyd up? i cant see mayweather allowing anything other than straight boxing. 

The must be paying him a mad wedge 
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33668
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 13:32:47 (permalink)
Anyone know of a successful boxer switching to mixed martial arts?

They all die from legs kicks by 1 minute in to round two.

OEM
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 13:35:31 (permalink)
Muay Thai Fighter Christian Daghio Dies Following K.O During WBC Title Fight
http://www.sportbible.com/other/news-reactions-mma-muay-thai-fighter-christian-daghio-dies-following-knockout-20181105.amp.html

Italian fighter Christian Daghio has sadly passed away after a devastating knockout left the 49-year-old in a coma he never came out of.

It happened in the final round of the WBC Asian Boxing Council silver light heavyweight bout fight between Daghio, who was a legend of the Muay Thai scene, and his opponent, Don Pareuang.

Seconds after getting up from a first knockdown, the dazed Daghio was hit with a flurry of punches from Pareuang.

He hit the canvas hard and the referee quickly ran over to hold the Italian's head up, taking his gum shield out to try and help as his opponent celebrated.

Daghio was then rushed to hospital and it became clear that he had suffered brain damage from the bout.

Unfortunately the 49-year-old was pronounced dead in a Bankok hospital, a week after the knockout.

Christian's brother, Fabrizio, has paid tribute to the fighter, saying he wanted to fight for years to come, and the ring was 'his life':

"He died like he wanted. I have no regrets because he was like that. He wanted to fight till he was 80. The ring was his life and he died as a champion." he said to the Italian media.

"My brother had a girlfriend in Thailand and a five-year-old girl who still doesn't know her father has died."

Christian Daghio was a true legend of the sport. He had over 200 fights under his belt, and won seven world titles in that time.

SPORTbible would like to send out its deepest condolences to Daghio's family and all those who have been affected by this tragedy.

Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 13:46:39 (permalink)
OEM

Holly Holm's the only one who springs to mind who's had success in both. 

I suppose you could say Ray Mercer knocking out Tim Sylvia was reasonably impressive, but then he also got choked out by fucking Kimbo. 
Travs
  • Total Posts : 570
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 13:49:53 (permalink)
OEM

Can't think of one. Going the other way, Samart Payakaroon (arguably best ever Muay Thai fighter) turned to boxing and won a world title. Somrak Khamsing also won gold at the Atlanta Olympics (when Mayweather won bronze)……   he 'ran out of opponents' to fight in Muay Thai, as the legend goes.

There's plenty of Muay Thai fights vs different styles, but i don't think i can think of an example where a top level boxer has fought a top level kick-fighter from any discipline.

A really interesting fight along similar lines, was American Kickboxer Rick Roufus vs Muay Thai champion Changpuek, i think from the 80's or early 90's. Fascinating to watch, although as said above, leg kicks prevailed. It's pretty brutal actually and worth watching. Changed kickboxing really.
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2891
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 18:09:15 (permalink)
This Tenshin fight is what Rizin and JMMA is all about.

I think it will be classified as a Kickboxing match, where kicks are not allowed and maybe no elbows (as in Japan they often dont like elbows due to the blood). Basically a boxing match with maybe MMA gloves, but just enough away from boxing so it won't be sanctioned as such meaning it does not impact the 50-0.

I was all over the NYE card as it was and a big fan of Rizin which you can see looking back on here but this is just funny
NZPhenom
  • Total Posts : 4813
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/05 18:37:26 (permalink)
ADESANYA! Kid is the truth. That belt is inevitable.

Being an injury back up for Whittaker/Gastelum seems unlikely given he could need surgery for a knee injury which almost saw him pull out of the NYC fight.

Dana said they already had an opponent in mind for him. I reckon it could be Darren Till, which is an absolute wet dream of a match up.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/06 12:32:35 (permalink)
Think Till's gonna be staying at welterweight now but that would be a fun fight.

Paulo Costa would make a lot of sense imo. Not sure they'd wanna give either potential future title contender a loss though.

Looking like it's gonna be Askren v Lawler at 232.
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/11/06 12:39:19 (permalink)
I really hope it's not Askren v Lawler. It would be really good for Askren to come in and go on a tear but I love Lawler and don't want him to lose.
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16039
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/09 10:23:22 (permalink)
Holloway is such a beast, absolutely fucked up Ortega so badly last night, was a sick fight. His has to have blown out that left eye socket, ref had to stop before last round.

GSV
  • Total Posts : 548
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/09 14:14:50 (permalink)
Was a wild night, the Manuwa fight was bonkers and Gunnar absolutely eviscerating cowboy was disgusting. Can't remember seeing someone spray blood out of their head like that too many times.

Holloway is a beast, I really hope him vs Tony Ferguson happens at some point. Would be the fight of the century.
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6383
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/09 17:00:35 (permalink)
I was suppose to be here for my xmas party last night but when we turned up 2 of the tickets my boss bought were a scam. So ended up in a nearby bar drinking his credit card alway.
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2891
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/09 18:41:48 (permalink)
What a night of fights, loved the Shevchenko fight as well, master class in Muay Thai alongside some solid Judo/Wrestling
OEM
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/09 18:54:45 (permalink)
Holloway fight was insane.

I can't be fucked with all the fights these days. I download and watch the main event. Haven't seen a fight like that for a while.

Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/10 12:54:48 (permalink)
GSV
Was a wild night, the Manuwa fight was bonkers and Gunnar absolutely eviscerating cowboy was disgusting. Can't remember seeing someone spray blood out of their head like that too many times.

Holloway is a beast, I really hope him vs Tony Ferguson happens at some point. Would be the fight of the century.

That would be a fun fight but he'd surely have to face the champ if they bumped him up to lightweight and I think Khabib would wrestlefuck him. Although it looks like it's gonna be Khabib/Ferguson next and I think Tony has the best chance of anyone to beat Khabib so maybe it'll happen...

Shevchenko looked fucking awesome too I thought, although she did slow noticeably in the championship rounds. Joanna talking about moving back down to 115 but only if it's for a title shot. You what?

Manuwa/Santos was a lot of fun. Someone on Twitter described it as two people playing a video game and just spamming the power buttons...quite accurate really.
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/10 13:24:20 (permalink)
I'd love to see Holloway face Conor and avenge the defeat. The first fight was early on in their UFC careers so it would be good to see them fight again.

I don't know why Joanna thinks she should get a title shot at 115. She has lost twice to Rose now and needs a few more wins back there before fighting for the title again. She looked great at the start of her title reign but since moving to ATT a few years ago she doesn't seem to have improved and has got predictable.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/10 16:22:56 (permalink)
^^ Yeah Holloway/Conor at 155 makes a lot of sense. Then you could have Poirier/Diaz rebooked too. Win win. 
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14649
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/12/11 16:44:08 (permalink)
There's lots of rumours going round that Conor Mcgregor allegedly raped a girl this morning in Dublin.

(Mate of a mate of a mate's birthday presents dogs Dad is high up at an Irish tabloid or something)

https://www.thesun.ie/new...ar-raped-woman-dublin/
Page: << < ..146147148149150 > Showing page 149 of 150
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0