Helpful ReplyHot!UFC / MMA Thread -

Page: << < ..146147148 > Showing page 147 of 148
Author
cal2
  • Total Posts : 2726
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/08 13:24:16 (permalink)
i called it. to quote the great man derick delboy chisora 'who's the donkey now!?'
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2324
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/08 13:42:07 (permalink)
Lets face it they are both cunts. Who cares? 
post edited by badder2 - 2018/10/12 07:55:44
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21522
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/08 13:45:26 (permalink)
Mulla
OEM

The tap out, the choke wasn't even under the chin. It looked like he was twisting McGregor's neck. And he didn't let go on the first couple of taps, either lol.

It wasn't under the chin at all, was purely crushing his jaw. They're fucking painful but he wouldn't have gone out from it.

Heard McGregor has a broken jaw

Dunno if it was from before the choke or during but that is probably why he tapped even though it wasn't hooked in properly
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1648
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/08 13:51:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Stamina MC 2018/10/09 21:58:36
Hopefully a broken jaw means the cunt will shut up for a while.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4783
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/08 15:29:48 (permalink)
Domino
Mulla
OEM

The tap out, the choke wasn't even under the chin. It looked like he was twisting McGregor's neck. And he didn't let go on the first couple of taps, either lol.

It wasn't under the chin at all, was purely crushing his jaw. They're fucking painful but he wouldn't have gone out from it.

Heard McGregor has a broken jaw

Dunno if it was from before the choke or during but that is probably why he tapped even though it wasn't hooked in properly

Yeah it could well have been caused by the crank. Misha Cirkunov broke someone's jaw the same way a while back.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 10:52:48 (permalink)
DC v Derrick Lewis announced as the main event for MSG. Shevchenko/Eubanks has been scrapped and Shevchenko/Jedrzejczyk has been rebooked for December 

.....aaaand Poirier is out of the Diaz bout 
GSV
  • Total Posts : 520
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 13:19:49 (permalink)
The UFC is a joke at the minute, Lewis took an absolute pasting in that fight and now he's fighting DC on three weeks notice?  Madness.

Diaz won't take an alternative fight by the sounds of it.
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 13:22:55 (permalink)
Justin Gaethje would be a good replacement, that would be a fun fight.
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1804
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 13:28:06 (permalink)
Gaethje said he doesn't do short notice

that card is a mess
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 14:53:49 (permalink)
GSV
The UFC is a joke at the minute, Lewis took an absolute pasting in that fight and now he's fighting DC on three weeks notice?  Madness.

Diaz won't take an alternative fight by the sounds of it.

Not to mention DC said he didn't want to fight on that card due to a broken hand. Must've thrown huge amounts at him to get him to agree. When you think what sort of PPV numbers Shevchenko/Eubanks would've done, it was probably a wise investment.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Lee fight Diaz. Could even do it at 165lbs. Lots of people talking about Ferguson but I think he got pretty marked up at the weekend. Mind you so did Derrick...
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 15:29:22 (permalink)
I fight between Ferguson and Conor would be so good.
Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17437
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 20:30:54 (permalink)
Could be a war. Diaz v Conor III needs to happen also.
GSV
  • Total Posts : 520
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 20:48:17 (permalink)
I think Diaz - Conor 3 definitely makes the most sense now.

They've just announced that Cormier has been stripped and they're doing Gus - Jones 2 for the belt at 232. Sincerely hope Jones gets his shit pushed in, but undoubtedly he'll win and then promptly fail another drugs test.
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2825
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/10 23:31:40 (permalink)
Diaz Conor for the inaugural 165 champ
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 11:37:11 (permalink)
Would that be the first ever championship match where both fighters are coming off losses?!
Original Nuttah
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 11:48:57 (permalink)
GSV
I think Diaz - Conor 3 definitely makes the most sense now.

They've just announced that Cormier has been stripped and they're doing Gus - Jones 2 for the belt at 232. Sincerely hope Jones gets his shit pushed in, but undoubtedly he'll win and then promptly fail another drugs test.

Gus hasn't fought for a year and a half and has lost three of his last six but I guess it shows how bad the LHW division is at the moment.
post edited by Original Nuttah - 2018/10/11 11:50:58
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1534
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 12:15:57 (permalink)
Does Conor really want to be fighting anymore? I know he loves money but he looked way past it the other night. Like he'd rather be anywhere else. 2 years out of the cage.

Khabib gave him a chance to land some punches but they looked like shite. I'm not sure he's got it in him anymore. The dedication, the camps and the lifestyle he looks like he wants are at odds.
JAWA
  • Total Posts : 2672
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 12:40:19 (permalink)
wakeytom

Would be good, but from a business perspective it makes no sense. If there is any chance of a khabib v conor rematch they're going to take it. And if conor loses another fight (which is a big risk against diaz), then I think people's interest in him will start to drop off.
Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 15:05:17 (permalink)
DrKevorkian
Does Conor really want to be fighting anymore? I know he loves money but he looked way past it the other night. Like he'd rather be anywhere else. 2 years out of the cage.

Khabib gave him a chance to land some punches but they looked like shite. I'm not sure he's got it in him anymore. The dedication, the camps and the lifestyle he looks like he wants are at odds.

To be fair, by the time he got to land his punches he'd spent two rounds in defence mode with Khabib on top beating the shit out of him and grinding him down. He was also far more cautious by then as he knew what would happen if he got taken down again. He was mentally beaten IN the fight, not before it.
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2825
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 18:58:30 (permalink)
JAWA
wakeytom

Would be good, but from a business perspective it makes no sense. If there is any chance of a khabib v conor rematch they're going to take it. And if conor loses another fight (which is a big risk against diaz), then I think people's interest in him will start to drop off.

165 champ, Khabib has his suspension then Conor comes back to fight him for the 155 to make him a 2 weight concurrent world champion and a 3 weight total
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11480
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 19:19:34 (permalink)
khabib_nurmagomedovI would like to address @ufc 
Why didn't you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugovhas nothing to do with that.
If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I'll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers
Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17282
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 20:32:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mulla 2018/10/12 11:00:05
JAWA

Nobody knows how much of a 'risk' it really is, IMO. This weekend gone was always sold as being 'the worst possible style match-up for Conor', and precisely why he took it, apparently; were he to now start cherry-picking opponents right after being so handily defeated that'd hurt his brand in a way perhaps comparable to an actual combat loss, IMO.

I feel the Diaz fight is a better call than a Khabib rematch purely from his perspective, since he squeaked that win in the second pairing versus getting finished in the first one. Another loss to Khabib, within whatever timeframe, makes short-term money but is in no way compelling viewing, and does more damage to Conor's brand than anything else anyone could suggest. Worse than Holloway-Aldo, worse than Dillashaw-Garbrandt, worse than Namajunas-Jedrzejczyk... because he definitely loses again, just as they did.
post edited by Stamina MC - 2018/10/11 20:34:18
Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17437
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/11 21:04:31 (permalink)
The Derrick Lewis post fight interview is jokes!

Why d’ya take your shorts off Derrick?

Cos ma balls was hot.
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 07:20:41 (permalink)
McGregor is finished. I said way before this fight that he has lost his focus... This is not the same McGregor that beat Aldo, it is a lazy and egotistical one that thinks he has made it already and doesn't need to put in the effort anymore

He needs to just go and do something else now. The problem with building hype from being a flash git is that it only works if you win. He can't keep giving it all the big talk and antics and keep losing

Also.. Khabib needs to stop acting like a victim. At no time are you allowed to fly out the ring and attack people in the crowd and let your pals run amok in the octagon attacking your opponent. Yes McGregor attacked your bus but it isn't licence to do whatever you like... Especially when you are trying to present yourself as this humble person and role model

Lost a bit of respect for both fighters really
post edited by Me_Kick_Out_Teet - 2018/10/12 07:24:37
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1584
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 09:55:37 (permalink)
Domino
McGregor is finished. I said way before this fight that he has lost his focus... This is not the same McGregor that beat Aldo, it is a lazy and egotistical one that thinks he has made it already and doesn't need to put in the effort anymore

He needs to just go and do something else now. The problem with building hype from being a flash git is that it only works if you win. He can't keep giving it all the big talk and antics and keep losing

Also.. Khabib needs to stop acting like a victim. At no time are you allowed to fly out the ring and attack people in the crowd and let your pals run amok in the octagon attacking your opponent. Yes McGregor attacked your bus but it isn't licence to do whatever you like... Especially when you are trying to present yourself as this humble person and role model

Lost a bit of respect for both fighters really

Well said
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33501
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 10:13:42 (permalink)
It wasn't the bus that made him lose the plot at the end of that fight. It was religion, talk of his country, people, his old man.

When the adrenaline starts flowing, especially after winning such a massive fight, I might've thought it was reasonable to hurdle the fence and stomp out his team mate.

It's an honour thing.

McGregor is finished, agreed. I don't see him ever getting that title back. Khabib might be gone too.

Probably seen this already, a different angle tho.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7474396/conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-fresh-footage-brawl-really-started/

Mulla
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 11:03:28 (permalink)
Stamina MC

I feel the Diaz fight is a better call than a Khabib rematch purely from his perspective, since he squeaked that win in the second pairing versus getting finished in the first one. Another loss to Khabib, within whatever timeframe, makes short-term money but is in no way compelling viewing, and does more damage to Conor's brand than anything else anyone could suggest. Worse than Holloway-Aldo, worse than Dillashaw-Garbrandt, worse than Namajunas-Jedrzejczyk... because he definitely loses again, just as they did.

Yep. Ariel Helwani pointed out an interesting stat on his show recently that out of all the immediate championship rematches since Belfort/Couture III, the result of the rematch was exactly the same as the first fight. 
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 11:41:17 (permalink)
OEM
It wasn't the bus that made him lose the plot at the end of that fight. It was religion, talk of his country, people, his old man.

I know...It still doesn't matter. It doesn't give anymore licence to fly out of the ring into a crowd or for your pals to try and rush your opponent... He went to a press conference and started talking about all the stuff Mcgregor has done like as if it made what he did right or excusable in some way!? Khabib is not the innocent victim here
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18661
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 11:55:56 (permalink)
Domino

Also.. Khabib needs to stop acting like a victim.

Agreed. Dana will be doing whatever needed to get him to wind his fucking neck in. A promoter can't let fighters affect the sport's reputation like that then run their mouth and get what they demand, needs to be made an example of really.

OEM
  • Total Posts : 33501
Re: RE: UFC / MMA Thread 2018/10/12 12:08:45 (permalink)
Domino
Khabib is not the innocent victim here

Nah, you can't really think of it otherwise. Makes for great entertainment tho.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/12/17966920/video-this-is-what-khabib-nurmagomedov-was-telling-conor-mcgregor-while-beating-him-up-at-ufc-229

Khabib Nurmagomedov has been known to talk during his bouts. From talking to Dana White about smashing Conor McGregor, to telling Michael Johnson to “give up,” to talking to both Al Iaquinta and Matt Serra on previous bouts, the lightweight champ has been captured on camera multiple times.

UFC 229 was no different. As he was unleashing ground and pound in what would be a very lopsided second round, Khabib was talking to McGregor.

The video and transcript provided by the twitter user above shows Nurmagomedov at the middle of the second round, saying the following as he was dropping hard shots at McGregor:

“Huh?! We’re talking. Let’s talk now.”

“Let’s talk!”

“Let’s talk now!”

“Let’s talk!”

During the end of the second round, as Herb Dean was separating them, McGregor is heard telling Khabib that “it’s only business.”

Khabib just responded with the same line.

“Hey! Let’s talk!”

Two rounds later, Khabib ended the fight with a face crank that forced McGregor to tap. The talking didn’t end, and the now infamous post-fight brawl happened shortly after.

Page: << < ..146147148 > Showing page 147 of 148
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0