Hot!Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
.Caveman.
  • Total Posts : 10057
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 09:21:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MykMallett
LMAO at the asher d bit

you are joking, what is funny about 5 minutes of pointless drivel
pez
  • Total Posts : 7830
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 09:27:19 (permalink)
Last night was a significant improvement on last week. Just brilliant.

the Maestro
  • Total Posts : 1411
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 10:14:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: .Caveman.

ORIGINAL: MykMallett
LMAO at the asher d bit

you are joking, what is funny about 5 minutes of pointless drivel

nope it was indeed funny
.Caveman.
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 10:22:02 (permalink)
funny if you are a weirdo with a strange sense of humor
the Maestro
  • Total Posts : 1411
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 10:28:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: .Caveman.

funny if you are a weirdo with a strange sense of humor

It's the choice of language that makes it funny,

on the bit about the photos, he could have just said "here's asher d, here's asher d smaller"

it's the choice of "further way" that made that particular bit funny.
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 43736
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 10:32:00 (permalink)
this is real 'emporers new clothes' bullshit, i'm sure if he didn't have a reputation for being a decent comedian before this series no one would be rating it.

.Caveman.
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 10:32:07 (permalink)
ok man i'm not gonna go on about it, if you like it fair enough

personally i prefer comedy programs!
Namco
  • Total Posts : 661
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 12:36:27 (permalink)

Think it's pretty funny. Last nights sketch about the village people & political correctness was superb. Peter Baynham as the farmer was hilarious,

''These village people are playing music till all hours. Last night they were going till 20 past 11 i'm in bed at 8 'o' clock, lol.

NAM

NEGUS
  • Total Posts : 14294
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 12:42:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: winter

ORIGINAL: pez

Not the best tonight, but the Del Boy falling through the bar stuff was brilliant, especially the festival sketch.

I thought this was the worst part, and eventually had to change channel. He dragged that on for far too long. I found this programme not funny at all and very shit.

This is the only part of this show I have seen.

It was not in the least bit funny.

I turned over before he got up off the floor.

[
kingbop
  • Total Posts : 2531
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 16:19:55 (permalink)
Last nights one was brilliant. "I cant even drink my cup of tea where I want anymore, because it might offend a Sikh"

SpoonShank
  • Total Posts : 4123
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 16:26:38 (permalink)
. I found this programme not funny at all and very shit.

Invision
  • Total Posts : 20353
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 16:30:04 (permalink)
the only funny but last night was him taking the piss out of asians, which wasn't that funny and was a bit close to the mark imo (even thoguh that's exactly what he was talking about)
theonelikethe
  • Total Posts : 32
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 16:37:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Overlay

It's funny but not as funny as he thinks it is. 

^ this
Corpsey
  • Total Posts : 17577
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 17:18:13 (permalink)
Agreed it was an improvement on the first two episodes, it seemed to be a subject he was able to get his teeth into a little more. The sketches weren't fantastic but nice and short (I enjoyed the ''I haven't got a racist bone in my body... I enjoyed the dark meat'' line). I liked the line about agreeing with something racist just to be polite. Also I liked the asides he kept doing, with that smug taunting face.
''If you are a Top Gear viewer, and are hoping for something needlessly offensive...''
I can see why people dislike Lee, and I don't think it depends upon intelligence/sophistication really - in his subject matter, viewpoint and delivery he's being extremely hostile to the majority of viewers. There's something bizarre about his stand-up, even for somebody who's into it like myself. I don't think this series has showcased his talent as well as his DVDs, though.

bealesy
  • Total Posts : 866
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 17:35:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Corpsey

Agreed it was an improvement on the first two episodes, it seemed to be a subject he was able to get his teeth into a little more. The sketches weren't fantastic but nice and short (I enjoyed the ''I haven't got a racist bone in my body... I enjoyed the dark meat'' line). I liked the line about agreeing with something racist just to be polite. Also I liked the asides he kept doing, with that smug taunting face.
''If you are a Top Gear viewer, and are hoping for something needlessly offensive...''
I can see why people dislike Lee, and I don't think it depends upon intelligence/sophistication really - in his subject matter, viewpoint and delivery he's being extremely hostile to the majority of viewers. There's something bizarre about his stand-up, even for somebody who's into it like myself. I don't think this series has showcased his talent as well as his DVDs, though.

Agree with that, as much as I enjoyed it I don't think his style is that suited to half an hour slots
pez
  • Total Posts : 7830
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 19:51:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bealesy

ORIGINAL: Corpsey

Agree with that, as much as I enjoyed it I don't think his style is that suited to half an hour slots

I think that's the problem really. His stand up on DVD and live is next level, the half an hour shows don't quite hit that mark. Still brilliant though.

MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 19:58:03 (permalink)
I dont get why are going on about that bit about the rappers. I thought it wa great. It was an excessively long build up to the "Its not really aimed at me" line. Thought it was great.

Im not liking the fact that he seems to have chosen to just resurface all his old material for telly tho
MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/04/15 03:17:49 (permalink)
That was so incredibly shit...how can he rip other comedians and create something so unfunny?
krytikalmass
  • Total Posts : 4258
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/04/15 10:14:16 (permalink)
he is without doubt one of the best comedians around - loved the bit about "that was a joke about jazz there................SO WHOS THE JAZZ COMEDIAN NOW!"

flewidmc@hotmail.co.uk
PSN = Flewidmc
Zint
  • Total Posts : 16580
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/04/15 10:29:56 (permalink)
His show isnt great, the sketch bits in it are generally pretty awful. The 'interviews' with Armando Iannucci on the red button are very amusing. Stewart Lee is a funny guy tho.
processuk
  • Total Posts : 3620
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/04/15 10:33:46 (permalink)
This week wasn't good. Agree with the sketches, I don't find them funny at all
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15058
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2010/09/08 00:04:00 (permalink)
New series is currently being filmed for an early 2011 airing for anyone whose a fan. Though judging by this thread, there only seems to be a small minority.
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6306
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2010/09/08 01:08:06 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: willfunk

New series is currently being filmed for an early 2011 airing for anyone whose a fan. Though judging by this thread, there only seems to be a small minority.

Fucking dope. I love the long drawn out gags, not the best format but haven't seen him since the last live tour.
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15058
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2010/09/16 21:11:29 (permalink)
Iv got tickets for the ' Vegetable Stu' salford gig. Cant fookin wait.
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4863
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/02/19 15:20:46 (permalink)
I can see there's only a minority of people that seem to like him, but His new series starts Saturday week.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/2014/02/19/19633/the_material_is_cooking_with_gas
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7034
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/02/19 15:27:19 (permalink)
i saw a couple of preview shows last year and can confirm that this will indeed be very funny
sublime
  • Total Posts : 1526
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/02/19 19:00:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: gavinx

i saw a couple of preview shows last year and can confirm that this will indeed be very funny

Fantastic. Very much looking forward to this.

It was called jungle in those days, not drum and bass. That came later

http://soundcloud.com/sublime-dnb
Dubtitled
  • Total Posts : 6306
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/02/19 19:02:38 (permalink)
I saw a preview show in Bristol it was fucking brilliant, I was really ill and laughing was painful.
Mighty Wighty
  • Total Posts : 6923
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/03/01 16:51:23 (permalink)
Tonight [sm=biggthumpup.gif]
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6652
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2014/03/01 18:17:58 (permalink)
He was funny when he was slim and young and twinkly eyed. Still funny now tbh just not the messiah he once was.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0