Hot!Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
bass monsta
  • Total Posts : 6240
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/23 23:33:51 (permalink)
watched this tonight got bored after 5 mins, seemed very premeditated like you could tell he'd spent hours rehearsing each line right down to the pauses between each word, the jokes weren't that funny, came over as arrogant and boring imo. has done some quite funny stuff in the past tho'...........

processuk
  • Total Posts : 3620
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/23 23:45:27 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bass monsta

watched this tonight got bored after 5 mins, seemed very premeditated like you could tell he'd spent hours rehearsing each line right down to the pauses between each word, the jokes weren't that funny, came over as arrogant and boring imo. has done some quite funny stuff in the past tho'...........

That's because it's basically segments of his stand up shows from the past 3/4 years, extended and broken down more.

For me, it's the best bit of comedy commissioned by the beeb in recent times but then again, I'm a Stewart Lee fanboy so I'm bias.

It's definatly proper alternative comedy and was never going to be everyone's cup of tea and I can understand why a lot of people don't like it. To be honest, I'm surprised it even got commissioned but I'm glad it did.
isotone
  • Total Posts : 0
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/23 23:56:37 (permalink)
I'm a stuart lee fanboy and I thought that was very forced and shit.
MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 00:35:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: isotone

I'm a stuart lee fanboy and I thought that was very forced and shit.

Very poor this week
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 43742
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 00:38:29 (permalink)
painfully unfunny. i don't know what people could possibly have liked about it, he just came across as a 2nd rate, try-hard charlie brooker - find something popular and pick it apart. gave it a 2nd chance becuse people go on like he's the comedy messiah but i'm not going to bother again.

kingbop
  • Total Posts : 2531
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 01:31:05 (permalink)
^^^ Give it a chance... tonights one was shit.. but the first one about books where he roasts Chris Moyles was quality. Worth watching if other episodes are that good, since he is an absolute master of standup. Watch some of his stuff on youtube if you need evidence of this.

Spartacus Mills
  • Total Posts : 10463
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 07:23:32 (permalink)
I had a feeling it was gonna be waste after the Yo Sushi/Ian Curtis joke. I'll give it another chance as I enjoyed the first one though
Temp0
  • Total Posts : 21404
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 07:40:45 (permalink)
Watched it last night after several people telling me it was hilarious, it wasn't, it was woeful. Crowd wouldn't of laughed if they were sitting at home watching on the box.

pez
  • Total Posts : 7830
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 08:05:17 (permalink)
Not the best tonight, but the Del Boy falling through the bar stuff was brilliant, especially the festival sketch.

winter
  • Total Posts : 4207
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 08:20:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pez

Not the best tonight, but the Del Boy falling through the bar stuff was brilliant, especially the festival sketch.

I thought this was the worst part, and eventually had to change channel. He dragged that on for far too long. I found this programme not funny at all and very shit.

Unsweetened chunks
  • Total Posts : 4852
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 08:44:16 (permalink)
The Del boy bit was painful after a while.
Some interesting insights though.

sublime
  • Total Posts : 1527
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 10:10:51 (permalink)

Very disappointed. Loved the first one but thought last night's was average at best.

Hopefully it will pick up next week...

It was called jungle in those days, not drum and bass. That came later

http://soundcloud.com/sublime-dnb
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17646
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 11:03:32 (permalink)
the bit about the mallards
cal2
  • Total Posts : 2655
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 12:50:53 (permalink)
actually laughed unlike the first programme, probobly as i blazed a zoot beforehand

still very painfull to watch at times, i should like him and the stuff he talks about and people he buries

but he is just a very unfunny cunt
prettyboyfloyd
  • Total Posts : 2084
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 12:59:28 (permalink)
Saw a few mintues of this the other day. He just kept saying 'you know those rappers' again and again, i waited for a different sentence but alas it did not come. I know how much respect he carries within the industry so perhaps i should have been a little more patient, next time i suppose.

@ Sublime - Can you put up a youtube link to the sketch in your sig? I've scoured the internet but my memory is a bit poor and i'm not sure i'm using the right search terms. I'm sure it was The Armando Ianucci Show but that's all i have. Safe

Mel DeVil
  • Total Posts : 4671
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 13:04:40 (permalink)
I always find it strange how someone doing the same jokes on TV is no where near as funny as when you actually see them doing it live. Enjoyed last weeks. This weeks had the odd moment but wasn't that great.

@prettyboy - he has a habit of doing that, where he will push something a bit past your comfort zone. Usually it has a point and ends up with a very funny line. Worked last week with Asher D, didn't this week at all. Kept expecting a punchline which never came. Shame, roll on next week.
Corpsey
  • Total Posts : 17577
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 15:04:31 (permalink)
As with last weeks - some really good stand-up bits, some less good stand-up bits, sketches mostly superfluous and rubbish except for the Del Boy sketch which definitely had a whiff of Iannucci/Morris about it (I notice that Chris Morris is the script editor, incidentally). And once again, the interview with Iannucci on the red button afterwards was funnier than the actual program - the stuff about the audience being made of sliced fruit and the prospective program titles (''Stewart Lee's ''I Want To Dance''), fucking great.

I wonder if the 'shit coming out of the TV' bit was having a dig at the Little Britain style of comedy where it's just toiletgag/toiletgag/toiletgag? It didn't seem very funny at all to me but thinking about it that might actually be the point...

winter
  • Total Posts : 4207
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 15:14:25 (permalink)
^^ But Little Britain is BBC ?! ^^

and I am dissappointed in Chris Morris for being a part of this

Whitey
  • Total Posts : 9324
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 16:56:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Corpsey

once again, the interview with Iannucci on the red button afterwards was funnier than the actual program - the stuff about the audience being made of sliced fruit and the prospective program titles (''Stewart Lee's ''I Want To Dance''), fucking great.

CTRL + ALT + WHITEY
MykMallett
  • Total Posts : 14909
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/24 17:06:19 (permalink)
People saying Stewart Lee is unfunny immediately have there opinions permanently deemed null and void.
.Caveman.
  • Total Posts : 10057
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/25 16:55:12 (permalink)
watched the 1st one lunchtime very weak

made 10000x times worse by the no doubt fanboy crowd laughing everytime he raised an eyebrow

its just not funny

the asher d 5min long wierd thing, wtf man.. tell a joke, say something amusing, but dont waffle with an annoying crowd behind you it sucks
Spartacus Mills
  • Total Posts : 10463
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 22:44:17 (permalink)
Much better than last weeks I thought.
tactical
  • Total Posts : 15163
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 22:56:51 (permalink)
About 90% of this forum had Lee Evans in their top 3 stand ups of all time, so it's not really surprisingly this hasn't gone down too well.

In the words of Stewart Lee himself, "I'm not judging you, I'm just better than you."

MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17164
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 23:15:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tactical

About 90% of this forum had Lee Evans in their top 3 stand ups of all time, so it's not really surprisingly this hasn't gone down too well.

In the words of Stewart Lee himself, "I'm not judging you, I'm just better than you."

Hmmm, not entirely true as I thoroughly enjoy both.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
DJ NVision
  • Total Posts : 1612
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 23:18:06 (permalink)
the only thing worse than this programme is the dicks who think it's hilarious and think that anyone who doesn't find it equally as hilarious just doesn't "get clever comedy".

i'm going to watch some stuart lee stand up and see what the fuss is all about but i won't ever watch this programme again, it's the worst thing i can remember watching in a long time.

http://www.myspace.com/falloutdnb
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17646
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 23:18:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tactical

smacked it
DJHydrophonics
  • Total Posts : 2988
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/30 23:59:07 (permalink)
Funny as fuck.

The worst thing on T.V ever- was Del boy falling through the bar, and Trigger made a face..

He's got a point..
Overlay
  • Total Posts : 17172
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 08:35:48 (permalink)
It's funny but not as funny as he thinks it is. 
.Caveman.
  • Total Posts : 10057
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 08:55:50 (permalink)
had to turn the 2nd episode off or i was gonna cut myself, i cant stand this type of non humor

would love to cull the crowd with a flame thrower, they would probably find it ironic and give it a laugh if stewart told them to
Temp0
  • Total Posts : 21404
RE: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle 2009/03/31 09:03:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJ NVision

the only thing worse than this programme is the dicks who think it's hilarious and think that anyone who doesn't find it equally as hilarious just doesn't "get clever comedy".

Exactly.

It's simply not that funny.

Give me Charlie Brooker anyday.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0