Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]Film News + Reviews

Page: << < ..506507508509510.. > >> Showing page 508 of 513
Author
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17365
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/23 16:47:12 (permalink)
Syhr
mrEQ

Saw this last night, fucking awesome (imo)!!
Highly recommend going to the cinema to see it for the full experience though, the use of sound was fantastic but some of it might get lost at home. 

Yep, thought this was brilliant. It does a perfect job of building tension from the first scene to the last.

I have a question though (spoilers etc)

When the dad climbs up on top of the tower the first time and lights a fire, were there other people in the distance lighting fires to signal back? I thought that was what happened, but 2 other people I asked didn't get that from the scene. Because there's no mention of anyone else in the world except that family, i might be wrong.

Yeah that's right.. or at least that's what I got out of it as well?! *shrugs*

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7735
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/24 12:13:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Handsome B Wonderful 2018/04/28 10:17:14
this sounds amazing lol https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-rockwell-joining-scarlett-johansson-taika-waititis-jojo-rabbit-1105058 

It's a World War 2 satire.
  • Taika Waititi is directing, writing the script & playing Hitler
  • Rockwell will play a Nazi captain who runs a Hitler Youth camp
  • Johansson is playing Jojo’s mother, a woman who is secretly working for the resistance

The story centers on Jojo, a young boy who longs to be part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolph Hitler. He discovers a Jewish girl living in his attic and, after initially trying to find ways to get rid of her, begins to see her as human.
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12799
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/24 12:24:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whitey 2018/04/25 01:38:13
Sam Rockwell = get in the Dappas thread mate

Ankle
  • Total Posts : 4890
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/28 00:30:07 (permalink)
'Veronica' was alright as far as recent horror films go, few scary bits n that. On Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80109295

Bet none of you fuckers watched Lake Mungo yet either, did ye

Scariest film i've seen. Proper psych horror, soundtrack is fucking dark, engrossing story. 'That scene'. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://putlockers.gy/watch/Ed9Ew7dY-lake-mungo.html

post edited by Ankle - 2018/04/28 00:32:56
Easton
  • Total Posts : 671
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/28 09:28:30 (permalink)
Avengers: Infinity war
Best Avengers film so far imo. It looks overhyped but they have taken the best parts of each film and put it all together. Its almost hard to follow the web of links.
Great fight scenes, funny throughout and doesnt focus too much on one character and finally a good villain.
5/5
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21416
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/30 15:58:48 (permalink)
mrEQ
Syhr
mrEQ

Saw this last night, fucking awesome (imo)!!
Highly recommend going to the cinema to see it for the full experience though, the use of sound was fantastic but some of it might get lost at home. 

Yep, thought this was brilliant. It does a perfect job of building tension from the first scene to the last.

I have a question though (spoilers etc)

When the dad climbs up on top of the tower the first time and lights a fire, were there other people in the distance lighting fires to signal back? I thought that was what happened, but 2 other people I asked didn't get that from the scene. Because there's no mention of anyone else in the world except that family, i might be wrong.

Yeah that's right.. or at least that's what I got out of it as well?! *shrugs*

That is exactly what was going on.... 

Sick film. Really was tense and did some different things but executed them very very well. If PI watch it at home, gotta be in the dark and with the home cinema system on... I jumped quite a few times in the cinema 
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9446
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/04/30 22:42:19 (permalink)
Just watched Brawl in Cell Block 99

Fucking hell vince Vaughan is such a sickhead. Absolutely loved it.

More like Boner in Sex Block 69

That's my review
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18384
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 05:57:52 (permalink)
Watched the new Avengers

It's not bad. I've watched a lot of these Marvel films now and they are all made to a decent standard and they've managed to tie in a lot of movies and characters without it being overwhelming, so that's a job well done. But the problem with these films, there's no tension. You get these endless fight scenes but you never feel like anyone who really matters is in danger of dying, or if they do, they can be resurrected by a plot device down the track if necessary. 
It was even more evident in this one as the stakes were raised higher than in previous films, this is the one we've been waiting for etc

SPOILERS

A lot of people died at the end, but almost all of them were B team players or have completed their contribution to the story and I'd be surprised if a good number of them don't come back somehow in the next film. I know it's a comic book film and children watch them, but I can't really get past it when I'm watching, the constant epic soundtrack and slow motion just barely get you to care that something of actual consequence might happen. Ultimately, it almost never does.

Credit to the film makers though, I've seen a lot of the output and went to the cinema for this just because I didn't want it to be spoiled, even though I don't love the films or care all that much about most of the characters. So job done.
post edited by Grade - 2018/05/01 06:43:21

gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 11:35:06 (permalink)
spiderman homecoming - really good fun. much better than i was expecting. tom holland and michael keaton were excellent. shame donald glover's only in one scene. 

kingsman 2 - complete shite. avoid. 
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:16:02 (permalink)
Fuck me, that Benedict Wong has tucked some pies away since Moon

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95007
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:40:09 (permalink)
Does anyone else try to watch the Marvel films in order? I feel like I can't watch the new Avengers because I haven't seen Doctor Strange, Thor 3 or Spiderman when it probably doesn't really matter
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9185
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:47:19 (permalink)
Razor
Does anyone else try to watch the Marvel films in order? I feel like I can't watch the new Avengers because I haven't seen Doctor Strange, Thor 3 or Spiderman when it probably doesn't really matter

Plus Black Panther apparently too?  That's involved in some way or another.  I'm just gonna watch it without watching the others tbh.  I've seen Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2 and Thor 3 and enjoyed those, the others all seem a bit too serious to me. 
RAYZA
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:48:55 (permalink)
I don't think there's such thing as a serious Marvel movie tbh. But yeah I haven't seen Black Panther either.
gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:55:56 (permalink)
i find it hard to keep up tbh

a friend of mine is super into marvel though and said that you only really need to have seen thor ragnorak to understand Infinity War
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27810
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 13:59:42 (permalink)
Razor

I've ended up doing so. It helps because Thor 3 and Dr Strange relate directly to the Avengers film, its not essential though.

As long as you know roughly who's who, who the enemy is, and that they're going to save the world the rest just falls into place. 
Griff
  • Total Posts : 9185
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:02:08 (permalink)
gavinx
i find it hard to keep up tbh

a friend of mine is super into marvel though and said that you only really need to have seen thor ragnorak to understand Infinity War

Thor Ragnorak is definitely worth a watch anyway, pleasantly surprised me, much funnier than the standard Marvel dross or the first two Thor films. 
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1476
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:02:54 (permalink)
Superhero films need to push off for a while imho
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15144
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:30:53 (permalink)
Infinity War has made well over $600 million in under a week. It’s mad.

Whether you like Marvel or loath them, the way they’ve built up to this for years and then actually pulled it off is seriously impressive. You’ve only gotta look at the utter balls up DC have made of their attempts to see how hard it is, and they’ve got Batman and Superman ffs. Also see the Star Wars universe where half their fans wouldn’t piss on episode 8 if it was on fire, meanwhile Marvel fans seem to be pretty much universally delirious about Infinity War.

I’m all for it. All the other super hero movies can fuck off but let Marvel release their 3 a year. Read a good article that suggested the Marvel films have basically now become a big dumb entertaining TV series, only with a ludicrous budget and shown in cinemas. I like that. All the recent films have been decent too, Black Panther, Thor 3 and Spiderman are great.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15144
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:43:52 (permalink)
For Infinity War to make sense you definitely need to have seen Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor Ragnarok.

You might wanna watch Doctor Strange and Avengers 2 as well, although they’re both a bit cack.

Spiderman and Black Panther are entertaining but not essential to understanding what’s going on.
RAYZA
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:45:14 (permalink)
I still prefer The Last Jedi to any Marvel movie but Star Wars set an incredibly high standard with the original trilogy that it was almost impossible to live up to.
RAYZA
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:46:28 (permalink)
Postman Pat
For Infinity War to make sense you definitely need to have seen Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor Ragnarok.

You might wanna watch Doctor Strange and Avengers 2 as well, although they’re both a bit cack.

Spiderman and Black Panther are entertaining but not essential to understanding what’s going on.

I preferred Avengers 2 to the first one.
gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 14:53:33 (permalink)
thor ragnarok is great. probably the best of the lot imo. 

i did enjoy the first avengers film a lot, even though it was very smug. avengers 2 was fairly forgettable.

captain america civil war is basically an avengers film too, and a pretty decent one at that

i am generally ready for quite a sizeable break from superhero films though
Grade
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/01 20:44:51 (permalink)
I haven’t seen Thor Ragnarok, Spider-Man, guardians 2, Dr Strange or Black Panther, and Infinity War was not hard to follow for me. The plot is not complex.
post edited by Grade - 2018/05/01 21:28:41

gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/03 14:24:40 (permalink)
this is interesting. low budget horror. real Let The Right One In vibe

A flesh-eating young girl haunts the woods where she was murdered, as a murderer herself. When she discovers an abused kid inside the trunk of a car, her decision to let the boy live throws her existence into upheaval.

poster https://i.redd.it/8gyftf3nfjv01.jpg 
trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7biluvqlu0A 
gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/04 11:01:00 (permalink)
has anyone seen Filth with james mcavoy btw? utterly bizarre. his performance is really great (as are others), and some of the direction is fun (although a bit derivative of Bronson imo) but overall it's a pretty grim watch... without the humour or playfulness of Trainspotting (for example)

i sort of admire it in a way, without really actually enjoying it
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21416
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/05 22:44:34 (permalink)
Fucking hell.... Infinity war... Sweet fucking christ what a film
Grade
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/06 11:08:21 (permalink)
Going Clear

Scientology doc. I’ve been wanting to watch this for a long time and it popped up on Netflix today. Highly recommended, it’s much more insightful than Louis Theroux’s film.
Absolutely ridiculous scheme run by total lunatics. You can see and hear the utter embarrassment of all the people who have managed to get out of it. It must feel like waking up from a nightmare, except it’s been your life for however many years and you just didn’t realise how fucked up it was.

gavinx
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/08 13:40:06 (permalink)
yeah, Infinity War was really good. i liked the way it balanced all the characters and stories, while still sort of making thanos the protagonist. very clever. they managed to get the humour and lightness that's become marvel's trademark, as well as the darkness of the villain and his genocide. seriously impressive. i would've happily sat there for part two there and then

the fact that someone has planned essentially 10 years worth of films to build to this crescendo is absolutely remarkable... especially when you consider that (a) most of them - that i've seen - are actually pretty good and (b) half of them are now in the top 10 most profitable films ever made

the next ant-man movie and the captain marvel film are out in the next 12 months, so i'm assuming they're the key to saving the avengers (AND THE WORLD)
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/08 13:44:15 (permalink)
gavinx
has anyone seen Filth with james mcavoy btw? utterly bizarre. his performance is really great (as are others), and some of the direction is fun (although a bit derivative of Bronson imo) but overall it's a pretty grim watch... without the humour or playfulness of Trainspotting (for example)

i sort of admire it in a way, without really actually enjoying it

It's a nasty book although I enjoyed it more than "Ecstacy".

I started watching the film last year and had to switch it off- wasn't sure it was because I know what happens and wasn't really feeling robust enough to follow his antics, or if it's because McAvoy is too clean cut/fresh looking for the odious lead

Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: Film News + Reviews 2018/05/09 05:26:24 (permalink)
I liked Filth. Very weird, and pretty dark all the way through with no reprieve. But has it's funny moments and yeah McEvoy is very good.

I really liked Thor Ragnarok and the first GotG film. But every other one I've watched has been massively dull.
post edited by Handsome B Wonderful - 2018/05/09 05:31:30
Page: << < ..506507508509510.. > >> Showing page 508 of 513
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0