Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

RE: Film News + Reviews

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: Film News + Reviews Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 4:16:56 AM   
Shiverman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shiverman

quote:

Kill List, fucking hell what a crazy film. Don't really understand what the point of the cult was but will read up some shit on the net about it. Proper moment at the end

Oh do fuck oorrrrffff

What?

Its been relentlessly discussed now, seems like a recurring joke
Post #: 4351
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 4:45:58 AM   
Grade

Ah right. Well I'm late on it compared to you guys so I'm sure this post will frustrate you further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndB7uVZfjt0&feature=related

Interview with the Director. Very good quote regarding ambiguity about how the questions are always more interesting than the answers, because in film when you are shown the answers to questions that you have already imagined the answers for in your head, you're always disappointed because it's never quite what you imagined. Definitely seems to be the ethos behind Kill List and although I do feel a bit frustrated and want to tie all the loose ends up, I'm sure if we were shown what happened in Kiev or explicitly told the motivations of the cult and Jay's relationship to them that the film wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Something about the film just resonated with me, found it fascinating. And any film where you want to think about it for ages afterwards is good in my book.
Post #: 4352
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 4:54:11 AM   
Domino
Part-time Forum Overlord

Kill List is a pretty shit film imo

Just don't get all this excitement around it.
Post #: 4353
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 4:54:56 AM   
Goodone

quote:

Kill List, fucking hell what a crazy film. Don't really understand what the point of the cult was but will read up some shit on the net about it. Proper moment at the end

I had to read up on it too lol great film imo
Post #: 4354
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 5:05:34 AM   
Grade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Domino

Kill List is a pretty shit film imo

Just don't get all this excitement around it.

Horses for courses I guess, I just found it a lot more intriguing than anything I've seen for ages.
Post #: 4355
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 5:17:59 AM   
scotteo

Yes, I loved the slow silent dialogue. May even be ahead of it's time and appreciated much further down the line? One can hope.
Post #: 4356
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 12:17:08 PM   
ali3n

Wached Take Shelter last night, thought it was class, loved it.

Without spoiling anything i'm really not sure how to interpret the ending, especially given the colour of the rain (should make sense if you've seen it'
Post #: 4357
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 12:20:36 PM   
Horsey Boy
When was this?

little nicky - 9/10
Post #: 4358
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 11:28:50 PM   
Stoopid_Fux

Timecrimes (2007)

Dubbed Spanish film . Basically about a bloke who stumbles upon a time machine after seeing something strange in near by woods.
Ends up as bit of loop / protagonist of a series of unfortunate events and tries to undo.

Not actually that good but is watchable enough film and bit of a headscratcher in trying to find faults with the time travel malarky.

6/10
Post #: 4359
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 11:54:12 PM   
Tapeface

The latest Rambo film was just on 5. Saw it when it first came out but for what it is its pretty enjoyable. Fucking graphic. There's a feel good factor to watching a badguy getting graphically murked.
Post #: 4360
RE: Film News + Reviews - 18/3/2012 11:57:11 PM   
Stoopid_Fux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tapeface

The latest Rambo film was just on 5. Saw it when it first came out but for what it is its pretty enjoyable. Fucking graphic. There's a feel good factor to watching a badguy getting graphically murked.

yeh i thought it was an entertaining film when saw.

Proper violent dumb action film .
Post #: 4361
RE: Film News + Reviews - 19/3/2012 12:19:19 AM   
EscapeGoat

Insidious - 5.5/10

Meh. Good music. Got a bit silly.
Post #: 4362
RE: Film News + Reviews - 19/3/2012 9:01:21 AM   
Law

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horsey Boy

little nicky - 9/10

I am really enjoying your analysis of Adam Sandler films
Post #: 4363
RE: Film News + Reviews - 19/3/2012 9:16:52 AM   
sandmanJO3

I want to hear Horsey Boys review of Jack and Jill.
Post #: 4364
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 9:33:38 AM   
REDBOY1978

Almost Kings, 7/10. Decent coming of age drama based around 2 brothers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529346/
Post #: 4365
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 9:57:10 AM   
sandmanJO3

Dead Presidents is shit.

Crash is excellent, strange and disturbing.
Post #: 4366
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 10:13:48 AM   
Postman Pat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stoopid_Fux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tapeface

yeh i thought it was an entertaining film when saw.

Proper violent dumb action film .

I quite enjoyed this, probably the most graphic action film I've seen though. The bit when he gets on that massive machine gun and fucks everyone up
Post #: 4367
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 10:30:44 AM   
Temanna

Paul - 4/10 This was puerile garbage, the sole purpose of which seemed to arrogantly mock religion. Parodying religion can be funny, but it has become a tired stereotype.

From Beyond - 8/10 Pure classic 80s horror
Post #: 4368
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 11:43:43 AM   
DJModus

I've been going to see some all-time classics at the BFI cinema recently.. Went to see 'Ordet' on Saturday. I don't think it'll be everyone's cup of tea, but I can't remember a film that has sucked me in so completely without me realising it. It's so slow and minimal... the camera hardly ever cuts, it just films a whole room and pans across when people enter and exit. It's almost like a theatre production. It's really sad, but witty and it looks incredible.

For those who can bear to watch pure dialogue and perfect characterisation without the need for at least 3 CGI characters and a minimum of 5 explosions and/or guns, then I would recommend giving this a go. Proper art, rather than just a cinematic experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uQEPjRog84
Post #: 4369
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 11:45:22 AM   
gavinx

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandmanJO3

Crash is excellent, strange and disturbing.

the cronenberg one or the more recent one?

not a big fan of either really, but i enjoyed the girly one about racism and inter-connecting lives more than the wound sex one
Post #: 4370
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 11:48:41 AM   
Grade

I rewatched Crash (the race related one) recently and I don't think it's going to age very well. Very cheesy and some terrible acting especially from Ludacris. Thought it was amazing first time I saw it though
Post #: 4371
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 12:53:46 PM   
sandmanJO3

I was referring to the Cronenburg adaptation of the Ballard book. I actually think the film is better than the book, Ballards novella's sometimes feel a bit stretched compared to his short stories which are usually perfect. Crash is a short story stretched into a novella. But as a film it works, and its perfect for Cronenburg.
Post #: 4372
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 12:55:40 PM   
Kola Nut
Kent Prick

Memories of Murder (2003)

Watched this last night, it popped up on IMDB in the recommendations part so gave it a go and loved it.

Korean crime drama set in 1986, follows an investigation over four years of a serial killer bunning women in a small village. Great characters and very engaging. Quite a lot of rain which always seems to get me going plus a few flying kicks to boot. Read some reviews online since and quite a few people say that it's too long and slow but I never felt that at any point. Watch this film please. 8.4.

Have watched a couple of really good Korean films over the last week or so (Man From Nowhere, A Tale of Two Sisters). Am planning to watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird soon but more recommendations would be nice. Don't say Oldboy x
Post #: 4373
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:02:29 PM   
Joelus

tried to watch the town last night. turned it off before the end. shit 3/10
Post #: 4374
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:07:22 PM   
The Rat
continues to prosper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kola Nut

Watched this last night, it popped up on IMDB in the recommendations part so gave it a go and loved it.

Korean crime drama set in 1986, follows an investigation over four years of a serial killer bunning women in a small village. Great characters and very engaging. Quite a lot of rain which always seems to get me going plus a few flying kicks to boot. Read some reviews online since and quite a few people say that it's too long and slow but I never felt that at any point. Watch this film please. 8.4.

Have watched a couple of really good Korean films over the last week or so (Man From Nowhere, A Tale of Two Sisters). Am planning to watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird soon but more recommendations would be nice. Don't say Oldboy x

Got this on DVD - quality film. Love the end

Also try The Chaser - good, similar vibe
Post #: 4375
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:22:51 PM   
Kola Nut
Kent Prick

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Rat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kola Nut

Got this on DVD - quality film. Love the end

Also try The Chaser - good, similar vibe

Cheers bud. Yeah the end is good. Tense stuff.
Post #: 4376
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:48:00 PM   
gavinx

i love cronenberg to death but i thought 'crash' was just awful. the concept is right up his alley, but i'm really not a fan of the script, the acting or the direction the narrative takes (which i'm sure must come from the novella)
Post #: 4377
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:50:50 PM   
DJModus

I've been going to see some all-time classics at the BFI cinema recently.. Went to see 'Ordet' on Saturday. I don't think it'll be everyone's cup of tea, but I can't remember a film that has sucked me in so completely without me realising it. It's so slow and minimal... the camera hardly ever cuts, it just films a whole room and pans across when people enter and exit. It's almost like a theatre production. It's really sad, but witty and it looks incredible.

For those who can bear to watch pure dialogue and perfect characterisation without the need for at least 3 CGI goblins and a minimum of 5 explosions and/or guns, then I would recommend giving this a go. Proper art, rather than just a cinematic experience.

Post #: 4378
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 1:58:39 PM   
The Rat
continues to prosper

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJModus

For those who can bear to watch pure dialogue and perfect characterisation without the need for at least 3 CGI goblins and a minimum of 5 explosions and/or guns, then I would recommend giving this a go. Proper art, rather than just a cinematic experience.

Sure it's a cinema and they are not wiping your brain?
Post #: 4379
RE: Film News + Reviews - 20/3/2012 2:29:04 PM   
sandmanJO3

quote:

ORIGINAL: gavinx

i love cronenberg to death but i thought 'crash' was just awful. the concept is right up his alley, but i'm really not a fan of the script, the acting or the direction the narrative takes (which i'm sure must come from the novella)

I rate it. No problem with the script, acting or narrative. Its very loyal to the book. Thought he really captured it all. Maybe not quite as gooder adaptation as Naked Lunch but decent effort, loads better than everything he's done post-Spider.
Post #: 4380
Page:   <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> RE: Film News + Reviews Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

See The Signs (feat. Genesis Elijah & Ruthless) (Remix)
Invisible Kingdoms (Brainpain Remix)
Invisible Kingdoms
See The Signs (feat. Genesis Elijah & Ruthless)
Laku Noc
Wobbegong
Running (Big Bud Remix)
Caveman Boogie (Original Mix)
Boogaloo
Blue Velvet
The Life You Chose (Original Mix)
Drift Away (feat. Veela) (Tim Ismag Remix)
Uvek Blizu
Meditation Dub
Rudadub

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread