Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ][FAQ] GYM THREAD

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 297
Author
DEEVS
  • Total Posts : 29270
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 01:04:34 (permalink)
also make the negative part of the movement last about 4 seconds - eccentric loading

GAME OVER MAN!!!
J Funk
  • Total Posts : 25045
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 01:20:29 (permalink)
I think we should probably put this shit to the test.

I'll fight for the non-supplement taking Super Middleweight class.
Joga
  • Total Posts : 41236
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 08:45:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DEEVS

ORIGINAL: Joga

DEEVS, I know you're a personal trainer...

I (try to) do 3 days/week in the gym, half an hour of weights followed by 10 mins running / 10 mins cycling / 5 mins rowing. My HR gets up to about 165 (which is a bit more than 80% for my age [25]). I do try to do that calorie deficit thing but I find even when I'm going regularly I don't lose weight sufficiently (although I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago), any tips?

how much of a calorie defacit?

how often/much do you eat throughout the day?

if you cut too many calories you eat your muscle, muscle burns alot of calories so if you start to deplete muscles less calories will be consumed, making the diet seem effective at first but you will start to put weight on in the form of fat

i havnt worded that very well its difficult to explain!

Well I don't count calories religiously cos it's long but I aim for around 2000/day during the week. Given I'll probably be drinking and have a takeaway at the weekend, I might go up to 3000-3500 on Friday and/or Saturday.

I know you need to consume 3000 less calories than your RDA to lose 1 pound. By my reckoning- and I think this is quite a healthy way to do it, if it works- I should be losing 1 pound every two weeks.

However some weeks I go 3 times, eat well and seem to put weight on?!
Marley608
  • Total Posts : 7704
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 08:46:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJaySwitch

its ok if you feel after a short period you can do 10 reps on 24's

its just a semi pyramid training system

a short period meaning a matter of months? i dont think ive noticeabley increased in strength in a while now (i gym it 2-3 times a week)
wot do u mean by semi pyramid? wot would u recommend is the best method of bulking up? sorry for all the questions im just really curious. cheers for the link to that stuff il buy some of that soon me thinks, looks v.good.

as in a week

you should never do the same plan for 2 months without making some big differences

with a proper pyramid you go back down the weight and up the reps to starting point (so you would end back onto 22's for 10 reps again)

seems like you may have plateau'd with your plan, you should change it every 6-8 weeks as your body adapts and needs new stimulus.

i was doing legs/shoulders, back/biceps, chest/triceps

been doing that for about 6 weeks now was working back and then biceps and getting a really good pump on the arms but then it just stopped

so worked out a new plan doing chest biceps so the biceps were fresh and not pre exhuasted like before so i could give them more sets reps weight etc

when this loses its edge i will do (legs shoulders) (back), (chest), (biceps and triceps), so 4 days in the gym

after that i will probably go to 15 reps (endurance for a few months then come back down to 8-10 reps etc and start it off again)

your body adapts and constantly needs overload on different exercises/routines

best things for bulking up are keep the reps in 6-12 (ideally 6-10) rest well for main muscle groups (quads,hams,back,chest) do 4 sets on 4 exercises then do 3-4 sets on 3 exercises for synergists (biceps, shoulders, triceps - you can give calves slightly more)

dont over train muscle groups let them repair properly (1 week) imagine your muscle is a pane of glass when you smash it there are lots of pieces, your muscle will then repair itself but it takes time to get the pieces back together, if you then train to soon these pieces will smash more and will never get max growth results.

do compound exercises like squats and deadlifts this will make you grow all over.

BIG advise... Lovin the idea of tweakin the routine, gonna put that to practice next week as i do feel im hoverin over a point now... been doin the same for about 3 months now
Temp0
  • Total Posts : 21404
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 08:48:57 (permalink)
When i wanted to lose weight i just went every lunchtime (Mon-Fri) did 20 mins run and 3 lots of 10 reps on every upper body weight machine. Lost about 21  pounds in 3 months. Obviously coupled with eating healthily in the week, but relaxing at weekends.

Now i just go 3 times a week to maintain,  and starting to build more muscle.

FRENZOMATIC
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 09:38:16 (permalink)
Creatine powder, started taking it for the first week you take 4 drinks a day, then 2 a day for 11 weeks. Then you have a little break then start the cycle all over again.

DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7385
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 10:15:12 (permalink)

its ok if you feel after a short period you can do 10 reps on 24's

its just a semi pyramid training system

a short period meaning a matter of months? i dont think ive noticeabley increased in strength in a while now (i gym it 2-3 times a week)
wot do u mean by semi pyramid? wot would u recommend is the best method of bulking up? sorry for all the questions im just really curious. cheers for the link to that stuff il buy some of that soon me thinks, looks v.good.

as in a week

you should never do the same plan for 2 months without making some big differences

with a proper pyramid you go back down the weight and up the reps to starting point (so you would end back onto 22's for 10 reps again)

seems like you may have plateau'd with your plan, you should change it every 6-8 weeks as your body adapts and needs new stimulus.

i was doing legs/shoulders, back/biceps, chest/triceps

been doing that for about 6 weeks now was working back and then biceps and getting a really good pump on the arms but then it just stopped

so worked out a new plan doing chest biceps so the biceps were fresh and not pre exhuasted like before so i could give them more sets reps weight etc

when this loses its edge i will do (legs shoulders) (back), (chest), (biceps and triceps), so 4 days in the gym

after that i will probably go to 15 reps (endurance for a few months then come back down to 8-10 reps etc and start it off again)

your body adapts and constantly needs overload on different exercises/routines

best things for bulking up are keep the reps in 6-12 (ideally 6-10) rest well for main muscle groups (quads,hams,back,chest) do 4 sets on 4 exercises then do 3-4 sets on 3 exercises for synergists (biceps, shoulders, triceps - you can give calves slightly more)

dont over train muscle groups let them repair properly (1 week) imagine your muscle is a pane of glass when you smash it there are lots of pieces, your muscle will then repair itself but it takes time to get the pieces back together, if you then train to soon these pieces will smash more and will never get max growth results.

do compound exercises like squats and deadlifts this will make you grow all over.

fuckin hell, i have to admit, in the 2+ years ive been gyming it, ive never bothered with legs really, i just thrash my upper. my problem is i dont like doin new routines once im in one i get stuck there. Im gonna try a little change tho, up for sum squats and that.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
Temp0
  • Total Posts : 21404
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 10:18:04 (permalink)

fuckin hell, i have to admit, in the 2+ years ive been gyming it, ive never bothered with legs really

Exactly the same. Once im in a routine, it's more or less the same every time. Maybe i should change a few things.
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 10:23:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Temp0

fuckin hell, i have to admit, in the 2+ years ive been gyming it, ive never bothered with legs really

Exactly the same. Once im in a routine, it's more or less the same every time. Maybe i should change a few things.

It seems like a right mission changing things tho. Im defo gonna mix it up a little tho, say on my chest and bicep day, instead of putting all my effort into the bench press straight away which i usually do, il head to the preacher bench and smash that up for 4 sets etc.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
dunny
  • Total Posts : 6093
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 11:17:24 (permalink)
all about a good diet
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 29499
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 11:26:20 (permalink)
Do any of you blast your quads?

Rachel
  • Total Posts : 8084
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 12:13:29 (permalink)

How do you not get bored? I have to vary my routine every like 4 weeks as soon as results drop I get so bored of routines the monotomy (is that the right word?)
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 15973
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 12:41:34 (permalink)
Good read this thread, cheers
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 12:42:17 (permalink)

It seems like a right mission changing things tho. Im defo gonna mix it up a little tho, say on my chest and bicep day, instead of putting all my effort into the bench press straight away which i usually do, il head to the preacher bench and smash that up for 4 sets etc.

nah dont do that

chest is the bigger muscle you want to work that first while you have all of energy

biceps are smaller do them after

it may seem like a mission changing it but you will kick growth off again as the body will be tested.

dont bench do dumbell press

and if you train legs that makes your body release more testosterone which is a hormone that produces lean mass.

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Rachel
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 13:02:14 (permalink)

nah dont do that

chest is the bigger muscle you want to work that first while you have all of energy

it may seem like a mission changing it but you will kick growth off again as the body will be tested.

and if you train legs that makes your body release more testosterone which is a hormone that produces lean mass.

Makes you hairer too, and hornier. Been over training my legs this week. Need to shave hahaha
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 13:04:07 (permalink)
lol

GAME OVER MAN!!!
prettyboyfloyd
  • Total Posts : 2084
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 14:26:42 (permalink)
I think there is enough interest in gym threads around here to justify a proper fitness thread. It could cover nutrition and training and people could chart their progress against one another. So if someone is improving at a greater rate you could look at their program and diet and perhaps pick up some useful info. We could even do before and after shots for the ladies! I appreciate that there are forums dedicated to this stuff but this would be for the DNBA community, not just freaks like me.

I'm happy to help with advice along with DEEVS and anyone else who knows their way around a gym.

Rachel
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 14:32:27 (permalink)
suprised there hasn't been a FAQ thread already... hohum
dj restless
  • Total Posts : 54
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 18:00:54 (permalink)

@ deevs - what iyo are the pro's & con's of thermobol ?

how do you take it as well ? ie: for every meal as a replacemnet / with a meal ?

any info appreciated bud !
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 23:35:20 (permalink)

nah dont do that

This may seem strange, but i always have done flat bench press on a smith machine, then straight after i do 4 sets of incline dumbell press, then 4 sets of decline dumbell press. Is this a bit stupid?
Also if you have time mate, could you suggest how i change my chest routine and that?
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 12:23:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dj restless

@ deevs - what iyo are the pro's & con's of thermobol ?

how do you take it as well ? ie: for every meal as a replacemnet / with a meal ?

any info appreciated bud !

it says on the packet i think you take it with a meal 2 times a day maybe

its definately not a meal replacement suppliment though

only maximuscle product that actually works

pro's it works, cons you have to keep drinking all the time and sweat loads when working out

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 12:27:36 (permalink)

This may seem strange, but i always have done flat bench press on a smith machine, then straight after i do 4 sets of incline dumbell press, then 4 sets of decline dumbell press. Is this a bit stupid?
Also if you have time mate, could you suggest how i change my chest routine and that?

thats alot of pressing do you do flys at all they add depth and shape to the chest

chest isnt all that big a muscle either alot of people over train it stubbing growth,

come off the smith machine asap, its fixed path so you dont use other muscles to stabalise and also with a bar your strong hand will do more of the work.

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 12:37:03 (permalink)

thats alot of pressing do you do flys at all they add depth and shape to the chest

chest isnt all that big a muscle either alot of people over train it stubbing growth,

come off the smith machine asap, its fixed path so you dont use other muscles to stabalise and also with a bar your strong hand will do more of the work.

Yea i thought that was lots of pressing 2, an old workm8 who was into his bodybuilding done me a savage programme. Yea i usually do 4 sets of chest flys straight after the press. Then il do preacher bench, standing dumbell curls and hammer curls & cables. Same routine for about 2 years, its defo worked tho, but i dont know how effective it is at the mo. Need to start takin protein tho.
R5Rich
  • Total Posts : 2045
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 13:14:34 (permalink)
I have given up on supps no need for me at mo to get dragged into all that until I actually need em.

Have had a week off though due to an illness but will go back next week, made up a new routine at work today I think its alright and mainly exercises I feel good doing. Input would be good

Monday - Back
Deads 5x5
Rows either DB/BB 3x8
Pulldowns 3x8
Chins 2xFailure
Shurgs 3x8/12 dropset
Abs

Tuesday - Chest/Bi
Inclinde DB press 4x6
Flat BB press 3x8
Chest press 2x10
Seated db incline curls 3x8
EZ Bar preacher curls 2x10

Thurs - Shoulders/Tri
Mil press 5x5
DB Press 3x8
Front raise 2x12
Lat Raise 2x10
CGB 3x8
Dips 2x10

Fri - Legs
Squats 5x5 (alt week to week front-back)
Leg extension/Leg press superset 3x8/12
SLDL 3x8
Calf 3x8/12

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 13:34:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: R5Rich

I have given up on supps no need for me at mo to get dragged into all that until I actually need em.

Have had a week off though due to an illness but will go back next week, made up a new routine at work today I think its alright and mainly exercises I feel good doing. Input would be good

Monday - Back
Deads 5x5
Rows either DB/BB 3x8
Pulldowns 3x8
Chins 2xFailure
Shurgs 3x8/12 dropset
Abs

Tuesday - Chest/Bi
Inclinde DB press 4x6
Flat BB press 3x8
Chest press 2x10
Seated db incline curls 3x8
EZ Bar preacher curls 2x10

Thurs - Shoulders/Tri
Mil press 5x5
DB Press 3x8
Front raise 2x12
Lat Raise 2x10
CGB 3x8
Dips 2x10

Fri - Legs
Squats 5x5 (alt week to week front-back)
Leg extension/Leg press superset 3x8/12
SLDL 3x8
Calf 3x8/12

thats pretty sound

i would say maybe put the legs in between the chest and shoulder workout

your anterior delts will be taking a pasting

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 29499
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 13:36:31 (permalink)
This could be german for all i understand lol

R5Rich
  • Total Posts : 2045
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 13:44:30 (permalink)
I use to do legs towards beginning of the week DEEVS but im on my feet for like 8hrs a day, with DOMS it is not good. I often find my self having to ski across the floor

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/03 13:52:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: R5Rich

I use to do legs towards beginning of the week DEEVS but im on my feet for like 8hrs a day, with DOMS it is not good. I often find my self having to ski across the floor

ha maybe thursday its only one day???

then put the shoulder/tri in on fri?

stretching and extra protein can stop doms a bit

GAME OVER MAN!!!
compounded
  • Total Posts : 14508
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/04 06:38:25 (permalink)
your saying 6-10 reps deevs?

started at the gym a couple of months ago, the guy doing my inductions been telling me to do about 16 on each, take a min break then another 16, bout 42k on the lat pulldown, similar on the shoulder press and chest press, bench with the dumbells for bout 10, then change direction of them for another 10, then barbell while sitting up  for as much as possible, repeat until fucked..... im sensing this is obviously not the ideal routine, but obviously im just using all these to fit in what i can as the gyms always rammed........ how can i use the above to get the most out of it?

safe
Shamus
  • Total Posts : 3315
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/04 08:42:00 (permalink)
It's all about the core muscles mangs.....do this every odd day and crunches inbetween, also, after crunches do cardio, very important it benefits the abs allot. Remember the core muscles is the most vital, it prevents injuries,promote good posture to and allow you to squat more and bench more.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 297
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0