Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ][FAQ] GYM THREAD

Page: << < ..316 Showing page 316 of 316
Author
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 16074
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/06 19:18:09 (permalink)
Pathetic.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31034
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/06 19:21:07 (permalink)
Seriously chill out 😂

DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1283
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/06 19:56:42 (permalink)
The likelihood of that guy in subsurface's pic taking some sort of drug is extremely high, as Malcolm said. Be it HGH, test, dbols anavar etc.

Sub is just your typical new gym head who's following the advice of a drug user believing he will attain the same results from a programme/diet WITHOUT the drugs.

He WANTS to believe. I say just leave him at it, he'll learn the hard way. 
Lrrr
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/06 20:15:26 (permalink)
DasItMane
The likelihood of that guy in subsurface's pic taking some sort of drug is extremely high, as Malcolm said. Be it HGH, test, dbols anavar etc.

Sub is just your typical new gym head who's following the advice of a drug user believing he will attain the same results from a programme/diet WITHOUT the drugs.

He WANTS to believe. I say just leave him at it, he'll learn the hard way. 

This is a more articulate way of saying what I was getting at. Safe 👊

Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4402
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 09:51:56 (permalink)
Subsurface how's the keto going? Have you given in to the carbs yet? I'd recommend getting a gluco rx hct, it tests ketones and glucose levels accurately, the strips are quite expensive but you don't need to be testing every day.
DasItMane
  • Total Posts : 1283
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 13:41:08 (permalink)
Subsurface after keto

Quite the transformation.
Lrrr
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 13:48:30 (permalink)
DasItMane
Subsurface after keto

Quite the transformation.

IN JUST 6 WEEKS

OEM
  • Total Posts : 33468
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 13:53:36 (permalink)
Subsurface is from Cheltenham. The only black guy he knows is stamina.

Subsurface
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 14:10:54 (permalink)
Rapt
Subsurface how's the keto going? Have you given in to the carbs yet? I'd recommend getting a gluco rx hct, it tests ketones and glucose levels accurately, the strips are quite expensive but you don't need to be testing every day.

Wouldn’t call it keto, but it’s doing the trick and it’s easy. Not too fussed about ketone levels etc as long as I’m losing body fat. I’ve been out of the gym for a week because I’ve been busy, but back on it now.
H. H. Holmes
  • Total Posts : 3328
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 15:17:35 (permalink)
Subsurface
Rapt

I’ve been out of the gym for a week because I’ve been busy

You sound really commited m8
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7456
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 15:18:42 (permalink)
If you haven't woken up crying because you murdered your two week old baby, do you even lift?
Subsurface
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 16:02:17 (permalink)
Whowhere
Subsurface
Rapt

Committed to what? Oh that’s right, you haven’t got a clue what my goals are. Go and have another cry.
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2686
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 16:08:49 (permalink)
Subsurface
Whowhere
Subsurface
Rapt

Committed to what? Oh that’s right, you haven’t got a clue what my goals are. Go and have another cry.

Goal 1) Gains
Goal 2) Plywood Sink Upgrade
Goal 3)???
Goal 4) Splinters
Subsurface
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 16:12:00 (permalink)
DasItMane
Sub is just your typical new gym head

Incorrect.

DasItManewho's following the advice of a drug user

Incorrect.

DasItManebelieving he will attain the same results from a programme/diet WITHOUT the drugs.

Incorrect.

Aaaaand that’s my last post in this thread.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41725
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/07/08 18:35:14 (permalink)
LHC
If you haven't woken up crying because you murdered your two week old baby, do you even lift?

Did lol

NZPhenom
  • Total Posts : 4788
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/08/02 02:03:46 (permalink)
Have any of you guys adopted the push/pull workout routine?

Thoughts?

Seems to makes a lot of sense. Might give it a whirl for a bit.
Tommy the Coat
  • Total Posts : 3729
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/08/02 06:47:16 (permalink)
NZPhenom
Have any of you guys adopted the push/pull workout routine?

Thoughts?I

Seems to makes a lot of sense. Might give it a whirl for a bit.

Just about to finish a year of doing spilt muscle across 4 days targeting individual muscle groups.

Starting push/pull in September. Watched a really good video on YouTube by a guy called Jeff Nippard who applies scientific research to his workout routines and information and he thinks a 4 day push/pull is the optimum routine for muscle gain.

Also just finished a year of trying to put on as much muscle weight as possible. Gone from 70kg to 82kg (15% bf to 18%). As much as I really want to get my bf down to around 12%, i might continue with weight gaining for another couple of years. It's been great eating shit loads.

badder2
  • Total Posts : 2302
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/08/02 07:45:40 (permalink)
LHC

Missed this the first time round FFS LOL 
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9525
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/03 18:43:39 (permalink)
Can any of you funboys do a muscle up? I feel like I'm close but they're way harder than they look
Travs
  • Total Posts : 513
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/14 16:51:45 (permalink)
Hope everyone is still smashing it.

I've had a raft of top 10 finishes in Fell races, and was very close to winning my local Parkrun when I unfortunately fucked it right up and got lost in the trees, and came 2nd.

Last weekend was the Lake District Mountain Trial. Basically a navigational long fell race. Instead of a set route that is known before the start, its more like a time trial, starting at minute intervals, you don't collect your map until about a mile into the race, then all you have is a load of checkpoints marked which you have to visit in order.

Sounds simple enough. But the course planners are very experienced, throwing up a number of route choices on each leg, and generally not following any paths, so basically crossing virgin territory which is very difficult to cross at speed. Coupled with the zero visibility, pissing rain and strong winds, it was a challenge.

Started at Grasmere, the 1st checkpoint was on the far side of the Fairfield Horseshoe (for those that know the Lakes), which I elected to take in a straight line rather than following the Horseshoe round the tops. After a few shorter sections toiling round some vicious looking cliffs, we then had to head all the way across over above Borrowdale. Then some equally difficult terrain. The final big leg was another horrendous slog over to above Langdale. I elected to run approx an extra 2 miles down in the valley on good, fast paths, rather than slogging through more heather/rocks/broken ground.

Ended up doing 22.5 miles and 10700ft of climb. 6hrs46mins later I finished, in 49th place. I was seeded 55th so a reasonable performance. Still feeling sore 5 days later.
post edited by Travs - 2018/09/14 16:52:54
Travs
  • Total Posts : 513
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 11:37:15 (permalink)
Banged out the local Parkrun this morning, coming 3rd in 19:02..... absolutely fell apart and phoned the last mile in. Possibly a result of a hard race last weekend, possibly a result of going off to fast. The guy who came second flew past me with about a mile to go and I couldn't respond, taking about 20 seconds off me over the final mile, which shouldn't be happening. A pb but must do better.
Rapt
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 12:45:32 (permalink)
At your standard this is where you could benefit from lifestyle and nutritional ‘hacks’ imo. Well done though mate for both of those runs.

I recently heard about a 3100 race that happens every year in America, also some Buddhist monks that get selected to run every day for thousands of days on end and their forfit for failing is suicide. Part way through they have to do an 8 day no food, water or sleep fast, crazy.
LHC
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 12:54:46 (permalink)
That sounds like bullshit. Isn't 8 days without water guranteed death?
Rapt
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 12:59:14 (permalink)
It’s not bullshit. Marathon monks of mt hiei.
LHC
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 13:07:57 (permalink)
I believe these exist, I just don't believe their claims of surviving x amounta days without water.

https://www.theguardian.c...00-marathons-1000-days

9 days according to this article, which is even less believable.
Rapt
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/09/15 14:29:58 (permalink)
I think the hardest part would be having to sit in the lotus position with no sleep for all that time. The documentary I saw the guy had to be carried out of the building on the last day. 

With regards to no water recently an elderly relative of mine with full blown dementia was taken to hospital as her body started giving up on her, she went 11 days without food or water before passing away. 

Page: << < ..316 Showing page 316 of 316
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0